Tynie Robbed

leipzig76

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this is just as likely to be a hate crime as it is to be an opportunistic one for financial gain. Hopefully the later and we'll get the items back.

Sad times.

Why would anyone steal these? It takes a special sort of cretin to steal war medals. Unbelievable. :oldsad:

If he knew exactly where they were he must have been on the tour at some point. I wish there was CCTV picture, I'd go out and find the ******* myself.

This is why there needs to be greater control on pawn and cash-for-gold shops.

I'm not bothered what happens to the person responsible, I just want to see these medals get back to Tynecastle safe and sound.

Shanks said no

Surely if the description is accurate then it narrows it down a bit?

Hearts fans with friends in low places can put the word out that they want the items returned immediately. No local fence would touch these unless there was serious scrap value, which I doubt, they would be far better placed to quietly return them.

The thief better pray he isn't caught, McCabe will be a nobody compared to him if he's named.

Guest C00l K1d

Presumably in a display cabinet so they can be seen during the stadium tour.

Ah right.. do you not need to give your name when booking tickets?

Maybe thats something that could be implemented if not

rudi must stay

Terrible, but I think the security is to blame as much as the robber. I bet people try and steals things from football stadiums all the time, but they don't usually succeed

What a horrible, despicable thing for someone to do. Hope they are recovered undamaged as soon as possible.

alwaysthereinspirit

Terrible, but I think the security is to blame as much as the robber. I bet people try and steals things from football stadiums all the time, but they don't usually succeed

What? Security or no security they shouldn't have been touched let alone stolen.

So now the low life scum is a victim because we left the medals on full view.

Having to force open a glass case should have been his first clue that they weren't free samples.

rudi must stay

What? Security or no security they shouldn't have been touched let alone stolen.

So now the low life scum is a victim because we left the medals on full view.

Having to force open a glass case should have been his first clue that they weren't free samples.

ye I know, but there's always gonna be low life scum that will try and take things

WorldChampions1902

I just hope that we don't end up scrapping our stadium tours because of this terrible theft although you can understand why if that ends up being the outcome. These items are priceless. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like Bobby Walker's pocket watch was also nicked. An absolute disgrace!

As mentioned earlier, god help the culprit when he is identified.

You can't just "happen to find" that cabinet as you're wandering through the stadium.

He had to know where he was going. No chance this is simply opportunistic, not in the unplanned sense anyway.

You can't just "happen to find" that cabinet as you're wandering through the stadium.

He had to know where he was going. No chance this is simply opportunistic, not in the unplanned sense anyway.

Agreed..maybe he had all ready cased the joint on the stadium tour?

As others have stated doesn't on the face of things look opportunistic! I hope to god this hasn't been an actual Hearts fan(surely not?).

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As others have stated doesn't on the face of things look opportunistic! I hope to god this hasn't been an actual Hearts fan(surely not?).

Slim chance of getting it back if he's a Hearts fan... if he's a Hobo, Hun, Tim or other random, we've got no chance. :(

londonjambo

I just hope that we don't end up scrapping our stadium tours because of this terrible theft although you can understand why if that ends up being the outcome. These items are priceless. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like Bobby Walker's pocket watch was also nicked. An absolute disgrace!

As mentioned earlier, god help the culprit when he is identified.

I don't believe it is the Bobby Walker watch.

Devastating and deeply upsetting losses nonetheless

GC

tommythejambo

gingeGgg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggginger = hobo

That supposed to be funny?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I had this stupid idea that some things would be beneath even Hibs supporters, and went over to .net, to see if there was anything said about it... was hoping to see the theft being condemned and a few posts urging any decent Hibs supporters who hear news, to give nod to the polls or Hearts.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?269889-Hearts-Medals-Stolen

It seems however that nothing is sacred to that vile institution. I got as far as the third PEDANTIC HIBEE post and decided that I will not even bother acknowledging any future tragic episodes that may occur to Hibernian related items or people.

Disgusting fans.

ford donald

Absolute scumbag.they are irreplaceable,a reward should be put up for there return.I would be worried about someone melting them down! please post a reward.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Absolute scumbag.they are irreplaceable,a reward should be put up for there return.I would be worried about someone melting them down! please post a reward.

Perhaps one of the bidders for the club, who pulled out, but stood by with funds to help could do so?

If we start a wee reward fund on here, I'll see what I can do by chipping in. :(

I had this stupid idea that some things would be beneath even Hibs supporters, and went over to .net, to see if there was anything said about it... was hoping to see the theft being condemned and a few posts urging any decent Hibs supporters who hear news, to give nod to the polls or Hearts.

It seems however that nothing is sacred to that vile institution. I got as far as the third PEDANTIC HIBEE post and decided that I will not even bother acknowledging any future tragic episodes that may occur to Hibernian related items or people.

Disgusting fans.

Complete and utter vermin!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Complete and utter vermin!

Genuinely expected to see lots of posts saying this is beneath contempt and putting the word out to help return the lost items... left the site in disgust. Some things are way beyond that sort of shit. I ******* despise those sick and twisted vermin. Our city would have been so much better if they had never set up camp here.

The most important action right now, is to raise awareness through every medium possible. Get the word out.

http://www.hibs.net/...s-Medals-Stolen

Disgusting fans.

Vile institution. Shower of classless *****.

Gers visitor

Slim chance of getting it back if he's a Hearts fan... if he's a Hobo, Hun, Tim or other random, we've got no chance. :(

no Hearts fan would have done that

reckon you'll get them back because they're unsellable..........clearly described....who would buy them !

Guest Bilel Mohsni

no Hearts fan would have done that

reckon you'll get them back because they're unsellable..........clearly described....who would buy them !

More concerned about them being melted down and sold for peanuts by a filthy rat.

http://www.hibs.net/...s-Medals-Stolen

Disgusting fans.

Even my pc security aint happy,clicked on the link and the site was blocked with the message "dangerous website" :bobby:

Hannibal Lecter

Absolute lowlife that has done this. Hope the piece of scum is caught and the medals are returned.

i'm realy angry and disheartened by this, it's like 'your down now am gonna piss on you while your down there'.

as for the hibs fans, they're gonna get what whats comin' to them.

classless filth, when they were hurting we rose above petty differences and showed some respect, that filthy shower can go and wither and die as far as i'm concerned.

I no longer advocate voilence, & won't,, but the soul who robbed a war hero, deserves to die slowley & painfully

Gers visitor

I doubt they were the most valuable items on display......

the perp might have had inside info but probably just cased the joint

probably doesn't know what he's nicked

the sub goalie

Of all the things to steal, proper lowlife.

As for .net, all teams have idiots in their support, they just seem to have more than most.

I doubt they were the most valuable items on display......

the perp might have had inside info but probably just cased the joint

probably doesn't know what he's nicked

I think you are right mate, if he is strung out on something then chances are he just nicked whatever he could grab and shove in his pockets.

Scumbag nonetheless though.

Hope the dibble catch him.

i wish jj was my dad

Some people are just beneath contempt.

When the little b*stard is caught I hope it's painful.

If I said what I really thought it could get the site closed down.

Perhaps one of the bidders for the club, who pulled out, but stood by with funds to help could do so?

If we start a wee reward fund on here, I'll see what I can do by chipping in. :(

I'd rather start a pot as a reward for his name so he can get his ***** kicked in.

Surprised at the responses on .net. They're not normally quite THAT bad. Stopping lower than low this time.

The stuff about stealing poppies and fit-up/conspiracy theories re: trying to gain sympathy are just pathetic and laughable though. Deary me.

Cappuccino Kid

Disgusting fans.

FFSake I genuinely don't believe I might say this but shoe on the other foot we would have a bucket load of posts joking about them being sold for tender bags.

The crime is disgusting but the "person" committing crime needed to be able to find Tynecastle more than most Hibs fans can claim.

I hope they think they might have a rough time and can find him on street/bus CCTV. Probably wouldn't release photo if they did though, the guy's liable to get lynched.

Archived