Tynie Robbed

leipzig76

If it's a junkie the items would have been gone in an hour.

Oh aye, are Junkies ITK when it comes to punting medals?, a plasma tele maybe but i can't see muchcall for them wi tablet heeds.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Oh aye, are Junkies ITK when it comes to punting medals?, a plasma tele maybe but i can't see muchcall for them wi tablet heeds.

Do you reckon some jakey chored them and kept them for a few days to look at?

Long gone.

Do you reckon some jakey chored them and kept them for a few days to look at?

Long gone.

No but i recon he's took them when he's found nowt else, just my take on it.

Jack Alexander

You just have to look at the shite that people sell to Ramsdens for a few crumpled fivers mate. Melted down 18 carat gold? Sickening thought.

Harry Wattie's medal is not made of gold. The Allied Victory medal was manufactured from a copper alloy covered with a thin bronze lacquer, which tarnished quickly and often looks quite dirty. The metal is valueless; the medal (which has Harry's name and number engraved on the rim) is beyond price. If the thief were to remove the name in order to sell it, he'd obliterate its historical value and receive nothing from any dealer. He needs to give it back.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Harry Wattie's medal is not made of gold. The Allied Victory medal was manufactured from a copper alloy covered with a thin bronze lacquer, which tarnished quickly and often looks quite dirty. The metal is valueless; the medal (which has Harry's name and number engraved on the rim) is beyond price. If the thief were to remove the name in order to sell it, he'd obliterate its historical value and receive nothing from any dealer. He needs to give it back.

Good to hear. I am sure I read in either the EEN, BBC or Hearts website links, that one of the items was 18 carat gold. Glad if they are not though.

There are no words in the Queens english that can describe a human being who steal such a thing

Thief?

Just saying.

Hearts Heritage

Obviously without going into specifics and please don't ask.

There was one general security lapse that allowed the thief the opportunity to commit the crime. That has now been addressed.

In addition security around the display cabinet has been enhanced, again I won't mention specifics but it will be highly unlikely a burglary using the same method as last week will be possible in future.

Ffs, just saw the thread in .net.

:what:

Good that security has been tightened. These things happen. I hope the medals turn up one day.

Dallas Green

Ffs, just saw the thread in .net.

:what:

Good that security has been tightened. These things happen. I hope the medals turn up one day.

Aye, we did it for the insurance money and sympathy... :facepalm:

Archived