Tynie Robbed

leipzig76

FFSake I genuinely don't believe I might say this but shoe on the other foot we would have a bucket load of posts joking about them being sold for tender bags.

The crime is disgusting but the "person" committing crime needed to be able to find Tynecastle more than most Hibs fans can claim.

I don't think we would have many posts like that at all. Not when it was items like this.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jack Alexander

You can't just "happen to find" that cabinet as you're wandering through the stadium.

He had to know where he was going. No chance this is simply opportunistic, not in the unplanned sense anyway.

You're absolutely right, Lee. I have to admit that I don't know much about James Mirk and George Scott, but I've spent a great part of my life researching Harry and Bob - so much so that I think of them more as friends than historical personages. I used to know one of Harry's pals, who saw him fall on 1 July. I've taken folk to the very spot and there's every chance that he's still there. My friend Craig stood directly underneath Harry's name at Thiepval a couple of years ago and sang Hearts of Glory while a party of French school kids cried their eyes out. This is dreadful news and I would personally like to meet the individual responsible for removing the medals. He would not quickly forget our encounter.

You're absolutely right, Lee. I have to admit that I don't know a much about James Mirk and George Scott, but I've spent a great part of my life researching Harry and Bob - so much so that I think of them more as friends than historical personages. I used to know one of Harry's pals, who saw him fall on 1 July. I've taken folk to the very spot and there's every chance that he's still there. My friend Craig stood directly underneath Harry's name at Thiepval a couple of years ago and sang Hearts of Glory while a party of French school kids cried their eyes out. This is dreadful news and I would personally like to meet the individual responsible for removing the medals. He would not quickly forget our encounter.

This.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'd rather start a pot as a reward for his name so he can get his ***** kicked in.

His name will come out... hopefully before he does something stupid like destroying them or selling them, for his sake as much as anyone else's.

Jack Alexander

His name will come out... hopefully before he does something stupid like destroying them or selling them, for his sake as much as anyone else's.

He mustn't be allowed to destroy them. He needs to surrender them to somebody's (anybody's) safe keeping..

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't think we would have many posts like that at all. Not when it was items like this.

Lawrie Riley thread... says it all.

He mustn't be allowed to destroy them. He needs to surrender them to somebody's (anybody's) safe keeping..

Hopefully he freaks out and decides to do just that, or some cash converters type place will act smart and hang on to them and call police.

I don't even know what someone could really do with those medals. Aren't they only valuable in monetary terms if you understand exactly what they are and who they belonged to?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree completely. Although if he reads the bile on .net, he'll feel justified and melt them down.

If anyone gets wind of who he is and he surfaces, he'll get lynched... No two ways about it.

Lawrie Riley thread... says it all.

Yes, some things are more important than rivalry or banter. Those items represent people (& their families) who deserve respect.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hopefully he freaks out and decides to do just that, or some cash converters type place will act smart and hang on to them and call police.

I don't even know what someone could really do with those medals. Aren't they only valuable in monetary terms if you understand exactly what they are and who they belonged to?

Red... there's people nicking lead from roofs, for a handful of notes. The wee rat will try and sell the gold or silver in them.

Maybe one of the members of the families could do an appeal to return them via the EEN or something. You never know. It's worth trying anything at all I think. The more people who know about it, the less of a chance he'd have to move them on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Respect would be being able to spell someone's name not try to point score.

I was nothing but respectful to Lawrie Reilly at every opportunity. I have expressed my sadness about his passing and it was genuine, and easy to find on here.

What the **** does a predictive text error have to do with respect? Please explain to me why my typo means that I am not in a position to condemn a thieving wee rat prick, Capoochino Kyd.

Moronic post. :yucky:

Jack Alexander

Yes, some things are more important than rivalry or banter. Those items represent people (& their families) who deserve respect.

Harry's medal is worth a considerable amount of money, but you would have to be unusually stupid to think you could sell it without being noticed. It's metal value is insignificant. It's historical value is incalculable.

Cappuccino Kid

I was nothing but respectful to Lawrie Reilly at every opportunity. I have expressed my sadness about his passing and it was genuine, and easy to find on here.

What the **** does a predictive text error have to do with respect? Please explain to me why my typo means that I am not in a position to condemn a thieving wee rat prick, Capoochino Kyd.

Moronic post. :yucky

What ever chief.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What ever chief.

Aye, whatever. Great response.

Can you explain exactly how I'm being disrespectful to LR, please? :unsure:

Hartley Jambo.

Aye, whatever. Great response.

Can you explain exactly how I'm being disrespectful to LR, please? :unsure:

It's really not worth pursuing mate, he's not worth the effort.

I can't see the little scrot being able to melt them down to be honest (hopefully).

Hope he sells them on and they get to someone who knows what they are.

Honour amongst thieves and all that.

1st - get them back.

2nd - justice for the scrot.

If I had to I'd settle for 1 just now.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Was anyone quoted in my post?

Only a cretin would assume guilt.:)

You said:

"Respect would be being able to spell someone's name not try to point score."

That was a reference to me spelling RL's surname: "Riley", in a post where I agree with another poster about not being disrespectful about things that are not fair game for point scoring... You then accused me of being disrespectful.

Utter tripe.

Cappuccino Kid

SWR, you dont't need to spend life being so defensive. Actually one of the few posters I think talk's sense on here.

But tonight I would say I stand by my original post we would have had a massive post slagging them if shoe was on the other foot.

You may disagree but that's the fun of kb

Guest Bilel Mohsni

SWR, you dont't need to spend life being so defensive. Actually one of the few posters I think talk's sense on here.

But tonight I would say I stand by my original post we would have gas a massive post slagging them if shoe was on the other foot.

You may disagree but that's the fun of kb

I Would not have slagged them about that kind of thing if the shoe was on then other foot. I was genuinely expecting to see something akin to the respect we have shown them for important and tragic episodes, unfortunately, I gave them too much credit... won't happen again.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm sure the SWR & Myself agree let's find this theivin person of doubtful parentage. Lowlife

Absolutely. Good chance he will be, if we get the story and descriptions out there in the public domain. The attitude from the Hibs support is really unhelpful in this though, and I feel a line has been crossed. Wankers.

I doubt they were the most valuable items on display......

the perp might have had inside info but probably just cased the joint

probably doesn't know what he's nicked

I think you're right but hope you're wrong. These medals probably mean nothing to the thief. And if that's the case we might never get them back

IMG_0624_zpsfd2590ee.jpg

This is the photo I took of the items during the tour in June.

Put it on your Facebook/Twitter etc so that people know what to look for and hopefully we'll get them back.

Surprised at the responses on .net. They're not normally quite THAT bad. Stopping lower than low this time.

The stuff about stealing poppies and fit-up/conspiracy theories re: trying to gain sympathy are just pathetic and laughable though. Deary me.

Just had a look at their thread and it doesn't surprise me, what some of the posters have posted. The fact that they mention our not so successful 1986 season just amazes me. Still, what else do you expect from lowlife scum.

Nelly Terraces

Just had a look at their thread and it doesn't surprise me, what some of the posters have posted. The fact that they mention our not so successful 1986 season just amazes me. Still, what else do you expect from lowlife scum.

To be honest, the sad gimps on there are the sort of pathetic no life trolls that even most decent hibs supporters would find cringeworthy. Sure most people are sickened at this crime.

Hearts Heritage

To equate what the majority of Hibs fans with what gets posted on some threads on .net is clearly wrong.

I received the following PM yesterday which I think reflects what the vast majority of football fans think

....... I am one of members of the Hibs Historic Trust.

I have just heard of your recent theft, and wanted to register my disgust and disappointment that this has happened. I hope that the lowlife responsible is identified and apprehended.

When we had shirts stolen recently, the anger of the fans on the message boards made the items unsellable and lead to their immediate return. I would like the think that the same will happen here.

I have alerted my contacts that deal in such goods that they are missing and hope that they are returned to you quickly.

I appreciate that there is little else that I can do to assist, however if there is any way that I can, please give me a shout.

Sickening.

I'm bewildered as to why there would seem not to be any cctv in a room with so many valuables. The cabinet was forced open by the look of things but wasn't the door to room locked? Surely it must have been?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can anyone explain the set up of the place, and how someone could just come in and take what they want?

The site says they think they were taken between 8am and 4pm ... so they never noticed for an entire day? Obviously the guy is vermin but major **** ups here by the sound of things.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am a bit surprised at the time of the theft being reported as between 8:30 and 16:00 to be honest... That's a pretty big window, where nobody noticed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Can anyone explain the set up of the place, and how someone could just come in and take what they want?

The site says they think they were taken between 8am and 4pm ... so they never noticed for an entire day? Obviously the guy is vermin but major **** ups here by the sound of things.

Snap.

Hearts Heritage

For those of you haven't been on the Stadium Tour. Some clarifications

The display cabinet is in what was an 'unused' corridor in the 'Old Stand'. Nobody would have any reason to go there on a 'non tour' day, as it doesn't lead to and from anywhere

Hence the reason that the theft wasn't noticed until the cleaner went there.

It is highly likely that the thief would have had to have been on a tour to know of it's existence and location. Therefore some sort of premeditated theft.

We can only hope that whoever did it has remorse and returns them.

For those of you haven't been on the Stadium Tour. Some clarifications

The display cabinet is in what was an 'unused' corridor in the 'Old Stand'. Nobody would have any reason to go there on a 'non tour' day, as it doesn't lead to and from anywhere

Hence the reason that the theft wasn't noticed until the cleaner went there.

It is highly likely that the thief would have had to have been on a tour to know of it's existence and location. Therefore some sort of premeditated theft.

We can only hope that whoever did it has remorse and returns them.

You know what that information makes this diabolical act even worse. I cannot fathom what someone was thinking of to carry out such an act.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Doesnt look to good on here the amount of "lets kick his head in" posts.

Just saying..

Normally I'd agree with this, but I'm beginning to find it difficult to offer any sympathy, if this chap does land himself in a bit of bother. Occupational hazard of the thief, surely?

I assume it is not a guided tour, or the guide would have seen the theft or would have seen the open, damaged or empty cabinet on the next round.

Even if not, I'm surprised that no member of staff would enter the tour area all day. Have the polic looked for fingerprints? There may have been some on the glass. What made this person seem "suspicious"? Who thought he was suspicious but did not report anything? It seems lax

Guest C00l K1d

Normally I'd agree with this, but I'm beginning to find it difficult to offer any sympathy, if this chap does land himself in a bit of bother. Occupational hazard of the thief, surely?

Stealing is wrong mate but so is assault.

Hopefully he is caught and dealt with appropriately.

I still cant get my head around why you would chore these though. Although they mean a lot to our history in money terms they are pretty priceless even to a hearts fan.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I still cant get my head around why you would chore these though. Although they mean a lot to our history in money terms they are pretty priceless even to a hearts fan.

You just have to look at the shite that people sell to Ramsdens for a few crumpled fivers mate. Melted down 18 carat gold? Sickening thought.

Hearts Heritage

I assume it is not a guided tour, or the guide would have seen the theft or would have seen the open, damaged or empty cabinet on the next round.

Even if not, I'm surprised that no member of staff would enter the tour area all day. Have the polic looked for fingerprints? There may have been some on the glass. What made this person seem "suspicious"? Who thought he was suspicious but did not report anything? It seems lax

The theft took place on a non tour day.

Seymour M Hersh

Knuckles rapped at best given the Judiciaries record.

The Filthy Deborahs

There are no words in the Queens english that can describe a human being who steal such a thing

I sincerly hope the items are returned safely and promptley back to where they belong

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was at tynie today & after speaking to someone it seems the ginger headed junkie is "known" to the police & they have a good pic of him at the scene too. An arrest & subsequent return of the items might not be to far away. Fingers crossed. ..

Good news, hopefully.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I was at tynie today & after speaking to someone it seems the ginger headed junkie is "known" to the police & they have a good pic of him at the scene too. An arrest & subsequent return of the items might not be to far away. Fingers crossed. ..

If it's a junkie the items would have been gone in an hour.

I would reckon who ever has done this will be crapping themselves now. He'll be we'll aware that he's a marked man. Would not be surprised if the stuff turns up quickly now.

Archived