Welcome home billy

willie woo

willie woo

Putting the past behind us for the man to return and help out free of charge is above and beyond as so many people associated with the club past and present seem to be doing!

Thanks billy your a top man

Putting the past behind us for the man to return and help out free of charge is above and beyond as so many people associated with the club past and present seem to be doing!

Thanks billy your a top man

I second this.

Pete Seeger

I've slated him many times but fair play to him on this occasion. Great gesture from Billy.

Say What Again

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130701/billy-back-as-no-2_2241384_3224940

Billy back as No. 2

Former Hearts No. 2 Billy Brown has agreed to return to Tynecastle - free of charge.

The ex-assistant, who left the club when Jim Jefferies exited in August 2011, returns to Gorgie for his third spell as assistant manager having also previously been at Jefferies' side when the Edinburgh club captured the 1998 Scottish Cup.

He will help manager Gary Locke during the Jambos' pre-season training schedule.

Gary was first team coach at Tynecastle alongside the duo prior to their departure two years ago and is delighted to be able to call on someone of Billy's experience.

"It's an absolute no-brainer for me," Gary told Hearts News.

"It's not often you get the chance to get someone of Billy's experience and he's offered to come in and help me out during pre-season which is a magnificent gesture.

"I can't do it all on my own and it's obvious I'll need a help so to have Billy in here is a great help. I can't afford to bring in an assistant and it's a measure of the man that Billy was only too willing to help out without getting paid.

"He's someone I obviously know very well and I'm delighted to have him here. We are all in this together."

Billy, who had spells as Easter Road No. 2 - he was at Hibs when Hearts triumphed 5-1 in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final - and then East Fife manager after leaving Hearts, was due to meet the players this morning before taking his first training session today alongside Gary.

Billy, who had spells as Easter Road No. 2 - he was at Hibs when Hearts triumphed 5-1 in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final

Welcome home agent Brown

::troll:::'>

peter_hmfc

:yas: :yas: Excellent stuff.

What about John Robertson?

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

personally i dont care that he used to be the no 2 at hibs im glad that lockie has now got someone who he can now ask 4 advice etc only if it is only till the end of prseason.....welcome home billy

Tommy Wiseau

He has heard the call of a man who is strugglin' and strugglin' and strugglin'.

Great gesture, and his experience of going places and doing things will be very handy to have around.

Pans Jambo

Good move. Makes logical sense that a guy with Billy's experience can help the boys with pre-season and it wont cost the club a penny. BB is unemployed and it would keep him in the shop window all to the benefit of Hearts.

Personally, I thank him for his gesture.

Private Womble

He has heard the call of a man who is strugglin' and strugglin' and strugglin'.

Great gesture, and his experience of going places and doing things will be very handy to have around.

:rofl: :rofl: I'm going to watch that interview again as it makes me giggle.

Would still like to see us taking robbo up on his offer to help,perhaps working with our young strikers

Maroon Memories

Would still like to see us taking robbo up on his offer to help,perhaps working with our young strikers

Agreed, Robbo needs to be in there to show the young guns how its done.

This will only work if the three of them get on and have the same footballing ideas. The last thing we need just now is a power struggle.

Schevchenko

My mate who is a coach at hibs said he was bursting them as when takin drills etc every sentence started with "at hearts we do it like this"

:)

He's been places and done things. We need a man of that calibre here.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Welcome back, Billy, great gesture and much appreciated.

The more experience the better, this seasons gonna be 1 dogfight and having these guys on board can only inspire the youngsters...

Well done Billy...

Imagine the bench when we beat Hibs to stay up, carnage!

Can't wait for that moment!

tartofmidlothian

Posted this on the other thread...

His rant at East Fife was the kind of passion I wish more managers displayed. Billy Brown gets it IMO. Also went on Sky and explained himself to Jim White with grace and composure after it, although he didn't take a word back.

Welcome back Billy, and thanks again for playing a part in the two greatest victories of the 15 years I've been following Hearts. :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

He's still a slavering arsehole. :)

At least there'll be no more "WTF does our assistant do?" threads, we'll be able to see him moaning and windmilling on the sideline which will be enough to satisfy the masses.

Nice gesture and that though. :thumbsup:

Think that's happening mate.

As for Billy. Whatever.

rudi must stay

Guess he's working for free so he's not a gamble, would have preferred Jefferies in the coaching team though

He's been places and done things. We need a man of that calibre here.

:rofl:

tartofmidlothian

Guess he's working for free so he's not a gamble, would have preferred Jefferies in the coaching team though

You mean got a contract at Dunfermline he'd need bought out of Jim Jefferies?

rudi must stay

You mean got a contract at Dunfermline he'd need bought out of Jim Jefferies?

I think he'd have jumped at the chance of coming back

tartofmidlothian

You know when you've got a coaching team who inspire confidence, who you look at and know they aren't treating this like any other job and are kicking every ball on the park?

Well the thought of Gary Locke, Billy Brown, John Robertson and Darren Murray on our bench pleases me, especially in our current situation.

tartofmidlothian

I think he'd have jumped at the chance of coming back

I think he would have too, but I'm not sure he'd buy himself out of his Dunfermline contract just to come and help out for free at Hearts for maybe only a couple of months. There's certainly not a hope in hell we'd be paying for him.

Always like Billy Brown and if he can do that Spinney Wheel thing with his hands to inspire the players.

Hawick Jambo

Great gesture. Superb Billy. Now show them Hibbies how football should be played

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't fault him for doing it for free but he really is a clown. Can only hope he didn't mean what he was saying in that East Fife interview otherwise it's certain relegation.

'it is what it is, the players urnae good enough'

'Mourinho and Ferguson couldnae dae better'

'need a big honest scottish laddie at the back'

'av been places and done things'

Free. Welcome back Agent Brown. Just keep him away from the press !!!

Rudolf's Mate

Can't fault him for doing it for free but he really is a clown. Can only hope he didn't mean what he was saying in that East Fife interview otherwise it's certain relegation.

'it is what it is, the players urnae good enough'

'Mourinho and Ferguson couldnae dae better'

'need a big honest scottish laddie at the back'

'av been places and done things'

Give it a rest ffs!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Give it a rest ffs!

Av been places and done things

willie woo

Give it a rest ffs!

Exactly! Give it a rest, at least the guy was showing some passion

Welcome home Billy.

If only that pesky Fenlon hadn't interfered he'd have had the Hobo's relegated.

ford donald

Sheer frustration drove him to that rant,can understand that.dont see a problem with it,more managers should speak up!

Alwaysinourshadows

Sheer frustration drove him to that rant,can understand that.dont see a problem with it,more managers should speak up!

Yup, showing a bit of passion shows that he actually cares. That video will haunt him for the rest of his career though :lol:

Archived