HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

troonmaroon

OK, I've emailed the printers to ask about a price list for Matt stock so we'll see what they come back with.

I even mentioned the Hannalaloolay stock just to sound like I knew what I was on about.

:thumbsup:

Haha, what has my question started?! Still, worth asking as my point remains true: all your effort deserves the best of finish too. :-)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. Just had a look and my name is on the list.

No worries.

:thumbsup:

Here's roughly where I am so far.

Bear in mind none of these letters are done yet. Although the "H" is the most complete so far.

Screenshot2013-07-07at70803PM.png

Screenshot2013-07-16at93843PM.png

Screenshot2013-07-19at100214PM.png

Screenshot2013-07-19at101638PM.png

The "T" is a slighlty more historical one with a few nods to classic players and what not.

Screenshot2013-07-19at101713PM.png

This one is mainly a tribute to the supporters. I want to have a lot of flags from supporters clubs in here and as you can see, a lot of them are still blank so if you want to suggest any to include just post here. I've also lightly sketched out Craig Gordon's wonder save against the plebs.

Screenshot2013-07-19at101734PM.png

Here's a screenshot I took in photoshop of them all lined up to make up the name. Definitely a need to fill out the "E" with more objects to make it more legible but that won't be a problem.

Screenshot2013-07-19at102701PM.png

Anyway, full steam ahead this weekend. I want to have this been by next saturday.

Boaby Ewing

Is it wrong that I'm picturing this adorning the bedroom wall of the kids I'm not quite ready to father. :laugh:

Wonderful work.

Fxxx the SPFL

Bear in mind none of these letters are done yet. Although the "H" is the most complete so far.

The "T" is a slighlty more historical one with a few nods to classic players and what not.

This one is mainly a tribute to the supporters. I want to have a lot of flags from supporters clubs in here and as you can see, a lot of them are still blank so if you want to suggest any to include just post here. I've also lightly sketched out Craig Gordon's wonder save against the plebs.

Here's a screenshot I took in photoshop of them all lined up to make up the name. Definitely a need to fill out the "E" with more objects to make it more legible but that won't be a problem.

Anyway, full steam ahead this weekend. I want to have this been by next saturday.

looks fantastic Gregor you have got your work cut out to have it finished by next weekend keep up the good work.

troonmaroon

Wow, fabulous!! Cant wait to get my copy. (incidentally, what size is it going to be?) May be too late gregorski but it might be good to share some of the football cards/ panini style photos of old players throughout a few of the letters rather than most on T and S. ps not sure about the flair fan and need to have 'them' represented at all but may just be me. Oh and last of all, do you think you'd consider doing any other(s) after all this? Perhaps the originally planned HMFC, for example? Or an 1874 version? I'm just thinking about what I might get away with putting on the wall of the living room or lounge rather than the spare bedroom...

fabienleclerq

Flag suggestions:

Mcraes battalion.

That wee laddies Rudi two stick number.

The sorrow sorrow flag.

Brauhaus Hearts flag.

There was also a really smart one that had a thistle with a hearts badge in the middle on a maroon saltire (I think) but I think it got nicked!

Anyway this looks better everytime I see it!

ArmiyaRomanova

Flag suggestions:

Mcraes battalion.

That wee laddies Rudi two stick number.

The sorrow sorrow flag.

Brauhaus Hearts flag.

There was also a really smart one that had a thistle with a hearts badge in the middle on a maroon saltire (I think) but I think it got nicked!

Anyway this looks better everytime I see it!

Not sure if I missed it, but the huge Blood Doesn't Show On A Maroon Jersey flag deserves to be in there.

Good to see you've got the Dumfries Hearts flag on the S. Manchester Hearts, or at least their flag, is at Tynecastle every time as well. "Blood doesn't show .." flag for Kickback members?

What about for players the national flag of their countries? i.e. a flag for every country we've had a player from? Needn't be big but would be a nod to those that can't be represented individually. Or on the E a flag for every country we've played in? Could maybe be a strip or ribbon along an edge?

Sorry to nit pick but the engine in the E is still a bit odd - if you can remove the first of the two chimneys that would help. And the driving wheels could just be three all the same size. But you've caught the cab shape of "Maude" I linked to well. A subtle link to the first world war heros if it could be recognisable as that engine? The "N 673 B" on the tender would help with that. As someone said in one post this can be educational as well as decorative!

Link: http://www.srpssteam...tup&cat=7&pos=2

post-126-0-04981800-1374317567.jpg

Someone else asked about size - it's obviously long and thin for the letters. Is that just going to be on a standard size rectangular backing, to simplify framing? Or could the letters be arranged?:

HEA

RTS

One line would probably look better, just a thought!

Hope these suggestions are constructive!

Can you put me down for two please?

Thanks,

Good to see you've got the Dumfries Hearts flag on the S. Manchester Hearts, or at least their flag, is at Tynecastle every time as well. "Blood doesn't show .." flag for Kickback members?

What about for players the national flag of their countries? i.e. a flag for every country we've had a player from? Needn't be big but would be a nod to those that can't be represented individually. Or on the E a flag for every country we've played in? Could maybe be a strip or ribbon along an edge?

Sorry to nit pick but the engine in the E is still a bit odd - if you can remove the first of the two chimneys that would help. And the driving wheels could just be three all the same size. But you've caught the cab shape of "Maude" I linked to well. A subtle link to the first world war heros if it could be recognisable as that engine? The "N 673 B" on the tender would help with that. As someone said in one post this can be educational as well as decorative!

Link: http://www.srpssteam...tup&cat=7&pos=2

post-126-0-04981800-1374317567.jpg

Someone else asked about size - it's obviously long and thin for the letters. Is that just going to be on a standard size rectangular backing, to simplify framing? Or could the letters be arranged?:

HEA

RTS

One line would probably look better, just a thought!

Hope these suggestions are constructive!

Can you put me down for two please?

Thanks,

HEA

RTS

...would look shite IMHO.

what about the one in my display picture for the flags?

kingantti1874

Think you should change it to 'heart of Midlothian' get all these ideas in.. ;)

Looks frigging awesome.. Top top work... Is the 'big flag' in? Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Could you put me dwn for two if not too late?

zarynu2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you go for the Matt Hebejeebie paper, will that still be roll uppable into a poster tube for posting or are you going to have to investigate giant sized envelopes?

I'm still keen on the matt one btw.

I'd like matt too if it's possible. Can I also please increase my order to two, the other half can't see green cheese for wanting it! Thanks.

Matt sounds good to me too.....

Disclaimer: I confess I know the square root of sod all about printing or paper grading

what about the one in my display picture for the flags?

Great! Got a bigger picture by any chance?

Think you should change it to 'heart of Midlothian' get all these ideas in.. ;)

Looks frigging awesome.. Top top work... Is the 'big flag' in? Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey

If time wasn't against me I definitely would. Maybe in the future.

Send me a pic of the "big flag"

The "blood doesn't show..." quote is in the "A" next to J. Cumming.

If you go for the Matt Hebejeebie paper, will that still be roll uppable into a poster tube for posting or are you going to have to investigate giant sized envelopes?

I'm still keen on the matt one btw.

I think for practical purposes, I'm going to have to be able to roll it up. I don't trust flat envelopes as they always end up getting bent regardless of precautions.

Could you put me dwn for two if not too late?

zarynu2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice!

Oh and last of all, do you think you'd consider doing any other(s) after all this? Perhaps the originally planned HMFC, for example? Or an 1874 version? I'm just thinking about what I might get away with putting on the wall of the living room or lounge rather than the spare bedroom...

There's a lot I'd like to do if time and money allows.

I'd especially like to recreate this illustration as a giant mural one day. Maybe in this "Hearts Museum" the FOH have been alluding to recently.

richardhateshibs

This is looking great by the way. Going to make a cracking xmas gift.

How and when are you wanting paid for this?

This is looking great by the way. Going to make a cracking xmas gift.

How and when are you wanting paid for this?

I was hoping to have the pre order link up this weekend so i could PM everybody that has made an order but I've still to hear back from theprinter on how much of a price differenc it would be to have them printed on matte instead of gloss.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and do it anyway.

Maroon Sailor

I'm liking the R

Adam looks good and I laugh every time I look at Tommy Murray sitting on the ball - priceless !

rambothejambo

I realise it may now be too late to order one but if I could it would look brilliant alonside my other cup final print that I've just received from Gibbster. Only problem is where the wife will let me hang them!!

Definitely want one here please!

You've already ordered one ya mad man! :)

OK, so this is the deal.

Really sorry about this.

As you all know, once the pre-order link it was my intention to PM everybody that had shown an initial interest in the illustration and had put their name down for one. I was then going to make the link public about 24 hours later.

Unfortunately I've realised that I'm unable to send more than two PM's without getting blocked from doing anymore for a set period of time. This is unfortunately what has happened.

Due to this, I don't think I have any other choice than to just post the link on here now.

Don't worry, I'll make sure that everybody that puts their name down will get the right number that they've requested. One way or the other.

http://www.etsy.com/...hop_home_active

Sorry it's in dollars. It's just because I'm currently living in the US and the rest of my shop is in that currency. I'm not able to change it for one item.

The price before P&P works out at 30 pounds.

The current currency rate is 30.00 GBP = 46.0786USD

Just so you know, the prints are still being printed and shipped from the UK.

Any problems or questions, just let me know.

And what's more, it looks like the two that I did manage to PM were sent a knackered link.

What a night.

:facepalm:

I think it looks great. Brilliant idea, and so far, terrific execution.

I especially like the Chinese guy dressed up as Rudi.

Archived