tour de france 2013

Boomstick

Froome has had yellow hasn't he?

I think I'm talking rubbish actually. Simpson held it but only for one or two stages.

David Miller is the only British rider to have held all of the classification jerseys at some point.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

They were just talking about the 5 previous Brits to wear yellow.

Simpson, Yates, Boardman, Millar, Wiggins...and hopefully Cav later. B)

slashishere

I'm currently on the train for hard rock callingin Lindon, before heading to Nice on Monday for the time time trials on Tuesday :):):)

:wow:

What a radge finish. Great for David Millar to grab 4th though.

The People's Chimp

Unbelievable scenes. Gutted we wont see cav in yellow, but that's the way of it. Never a dull moment. :lol:

So what was the story with the bus?

I was out all day and only saw it on SSN in silence.

Geraint Thomas is ok and will race tomorrow.

Seeing the crash this is nothing shy of a miracle. I dunno if he even got his feet out of the pedals as he somersaulted. Chuffed to bits for him.

Was it Geraint Thomas who just missed the lampost?

Very lucky indeed.

There's a possibility of David Millar taking yellow today. I really want that.

The People's Chimp

Thought that the image of the peloton bearing down upon Bakelants was fantastic. A classic shot.

It will be interesting to see how Millar comes through tomorrow. Great position to be in.

David Millar second in GC.

If the stage had been 100m longer he would be in yellow. Shame.

Aye, gutted for him but still, second in gc is not to be sniffed at.

Tomorrow looks like a Bitch of a stage. Nothing massive but not flat either.t

Refreshment Barrier

David Millar second in GC.

If the stage had been 100m longer he would be in yellow. Shame.

Must admit I shat myself there

Good finish that. Thank Christ that dog never hurt anyone.

I can't understand why someone would take their dog and not have it on a lead.

netherleejambo

Delighted for David Milar - pity the press are so obsessed with SKY and Froome - hasn't been given the credit he deserves.

I can't understand why someone would take their dog and not have it on a lead.

It's completely irresponsible. After the crash on stage 1 there's not a rider that wouldn't have been worried enough about a fall without some arsehole letting their dog chunter into the peleton.

Does anyone think Millar could take yellow tomorrow? Garmin are good team time triallists. Can he stay in contention today?

It's completely irresponsible. After the crash on stage 1 there's not a rider that wouldn't have been worried enough about a fall without some arsehole letting their dog chunter into the peleton.

Does anyone think Millar could take yellow tomorrow? Garmin are good team time triallists. Can he stay in contention today?

He could but he suffered yesterday. He was cramping up so no doubt he'll suffer again.

I think we might see a wee burst from a gc contender today, #contador, downhill finish, he might have a wee stretch of the legs.

The People's Chimp

The dog incident was frightening and amusing in equal measure, and what about the nutter who ran out and then dropped his hat. If he hadn't it looked like he was going straight into the two riders.

As an aside, I love the road.cc tour tech updates.

The dog incident was frightening and amusing in equal measure, and what about the nutter who ran out and then dropped his hat. If he hadn't it looked like he was going straight into the two riders.

Cheers for the heads up. That's pretty cool.

In honour of the tour I got round to reading A Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage. A really good insight into being a low level pro cyclist in a small team. Among the other stories he recounts the 3 tours that he took part in. Amazing how much more slick and organised things are nowadays.

How did DM get on? Could he still be a shout for yellow tomorrow?

Sergio Garcia

How did DM get on? Could he still be a shout for yellow tomorrow?

Yep still only a second behind and his team had a relatively easy day. Favourite for yellow tomorrow now I'd say.

Yep still only a second behind and his team had a relatively easy day. Favourite for yellow tomorrow now I'd say.

With Gee Thomas ruined I can't see Sky troubling it tomorrow. Garmin are great with the TTT.

I don't know why I'm so desperate for Millar to have a good tour. I think it could be his last.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Not watched the TDF for some time, so it was heartwarming to watch the NBCSports highlights show last night and hear Phil Liggett commentating, brought back the memories of watching it on C4 back in the 80's/90's.

I'm astounded by the lack of major crashes on some of the speed descents, the angle they're coming round corners at scares the crap out of me.

I thought that guy who ran out had a weapon. His hat falling off lost his train of thought. I could be wrong though.

How close was that finish. I think Sagan was shocked he got pipped.

Good chance for Miller tomorrow.

The People's Chimp

Enjoyed the highlights there, europcar getting plenty of airtime for the sponsors so far, and great KOM stuff from Rolland. Shaping up to be a belter this year, so many unknown elements, people keeping their powder dry and a sense of nerves among the peloton.

Sure we're all rooting for Millar tomorrow.

Surprised there hasn't been any comments about Garaint Thomas' ride yesterday! Deciding to continue riding in the tour despite suffering from a BROKEN PELVIS FFS! These Tour De France boys are a hardy lot eh?

Radge Welsh *******.

All credit to him bit I'll be shocked if he finishes the tour.

Not seen anything from today apart from the result. Highlights at 7 on ITV4.

Gutted for Millar. Hope he finishes the tour strongly.

Archived