FOH - Pledging and any problems

iainmac

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

Only way to change your bank account details on our system is to cancel existing pledge &  restart with new bank details. You can do that here:

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/my-account/

Please ensure that you use the same email address to allow your Maroon Points to keep accruing. 

Thanks Iain, I'll get that sorted.

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

The last time I changed bank accounts I used a switching service where all my DDs were moved to the new account. If you're doing the same you shouldn't have to do anything.

Cheers Lemongrab, but it's an account I've had for a while rather than a new account so they don't offer that option

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• davemclaren

• durhamhearts

• Captain America

Zippyisajambo
On 17/11/2019 at 20:30, Zippyisajambo said:

Hi, i got an email in Sept having reached 1000 and plot ceremony - saying they would be in touch soon. Not heard a thing since? How long is the wait for this?
Thanks

Have sent a couple of emails to

[email protected]

asking about plot ceremony. Not one response.

poor show really.

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email a long time ago stating I have reached the points for the plot ceremony and that they would be in touch, I have since passed the 1300 points for the 1956 club but still not a peep from anyone!! I have tried emailing the FOH but have not had any response!

can anyone advise how I should get this sorted. Feel a touch cheesed off by this tbh. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

If you are reading this, that heading caught your attention!

But seriously, when I try to go to the FOH website I get a message "This site can’t provide a secure connection".  I have tried it on two browser and same result.

What's the big deal? I hear you ask.  I dunno, I say: but I would expect FOH to have a secure connection - especially when there are financial transactions that can be carried out ther..

StevenNaismith

For 2 years they took double transactions from my account before I noticed. Sent an email to ask what was going on. They now only take it once a month but no sign of a reply every time I ask for my money back.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

For 2 years they took double transactions from my account before I noticed. Sent an email to ask what was going on. They now only take it once a month but no sign of a reply every time I ask for my money back.

Happened with mine too, after the add a pound campaign a year or 2 ago, took a few emails and payments before it was stopped. I didn't ask for a refund though. 

23 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If you are reading this, that heading caught your attention!

But seriously, when I try to go to the FOH website I get a message "This site can’t provide a secure connection".  I have tried it on two browser and same result.

What's the big deal? I hear you ask.  I dunno, I say: but I would expect FOH to have a secure connection - especially when there are financial transactions that can be carried out ther..

They are launching a new website so I imagine it’s to with that. 

Another Robbo

Checked the website and it also says cant get a secure connection. Googling that suggests it could be a problem at my end or (more likely given you have the same problems) their end (which could be the move to the new website as suggested).

Given the payments are made via a third party (Go Cardless) I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited as thread merged.

Edited by Another Robbo

King Of The Cat Cafe
55 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

Checked the website and it also says cant get a secure connection. Googling that suggests it could be a problem at my end or (more likely given you have the same problems) their end (which could be the move to the new website as suggested).

Given the payments are made via a third party (Go Cardless) I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited as thread merged.

Good to know.

However, it is not even possible to visit the site.

StevenNaismith
3 hours ago, communist said:

Happened with mine too, after the add a pound campaign a year or 2 ago, took a few emails and payments before it was stopped. I didn't ask for a refund though. 

Well it’s just over £1k we are talking about. Not exactly pocket change.

Edited by StevenNaismith

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

I've published the contact emails many times on this thread but feel free to drop me an email at the Rewards inbox & I'll make sure that you are refunded. 

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Sorry if you read my post as a dig, it wasn't, I was just explaining it took a few months and emails to sort it. You're more than entitled to ask for it back, regardless of the amount. I'm sure you will get it sorted out mate. 

Haringshairband

Just checked the new website out. Checked my pledge and it says I've not pledged anything since December 2015. However I have been getting money debited from my account up until this month. How would I go about getting this sorted?

Edited by Haringshairband

5 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Just checked the new website out. Checked my pledge and it says I've not pledged anything since December 2015. However I have been getting money debited from my account up until this month. How would I go about getting this sorted?

This is all tracked via GoCardless -  your monthly donations are logged in a master spreadsheet, so they won't be missing. Can I suggest that we leave this a week or so to let the new website bed in then see where we are after that? 

Haringshairband
15 hours ago, iainmac said:

This is all tracked via GoCardless -  your monthly donations are logged in a master spreadsheet, so they won't be missing. Can I suggest that we leave this a week or so to let the new website bed in then see where we are after that? 

As long as FOH are still receiving my payment I can wait to get it sorted. Reading the thread, I think it's cos I changed my email address.

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

How do the points you earn relate to the amount you pledge?

ie. Is £1 = 1 point?

£1 = 1.5 points 

@iainmac

I received this email in my junk today. Is it legit? 
I never made any changes to my DD in recent months. 

Foundation Update 1a

We received a request to change your subscription preferences for Foundation Update 1a.

If you made this request, and would like to change your preferences, use the link below

Update your preferences

If you did not make this request, it was probably submitted by someone else by mistake. You can ignore this email, and no changes will be made to your subscription preferences.

For questions about this list, please contact: 
[email protected]

Edited by Dannie Boy

6 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

@iainmac

I received this email in my junk today. Is it legit? 
I never made any changes to my DD in recent months. 

Foundation Update 1a

We received a request to change your subscription preferences for Foundation Update 1a.

If you made this request, and would like to change your preferences, use the link below

Update your preferences

If you did not make this request, it was probably submitted by someone else by mistake. You can ignore this email, and no changes will be made to your subscription preferences.

For questions about this list, please contact: 
[email protected]

Yes,  you've probably inadvertently unsubscribed from the FoH mailing list. If you update your preferences,  you'll opt back in. 

24 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Yes,  you've probably inadvertently unsubscribed from the FoH mailing list. If you update your preferences,  you'll opt back in. 

Thanks 

pettigrewsstylist

Anyone any idea what the waiting time is on 1956 club invitations after passing pts threshold. Is over a yr kinda normal?

23 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Anyone any idea what the waiting time is on 1956 club invitations after passing pts threshold. Is over a yr kinda normal?

invitations (at) foundationofhearts.org

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Dont want to clutter up inbox with needy me,me emails Ian.

Thought someone on jkb would be aware of current wait etc.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that are not seeing FoH emails:

1. We are seeing some pledgers (presumably inadvertently) unsubscribing from the mailing list. If you think this may apply to you, please click this link:

http://eepurl.com/CtudD

If you are already subscribed, it will tell you at some point during the process and you don't need to do anything else.

2. If you're finding FoH emails are going into your spam / junk folders, right click the email and select "not spam" and this should fix it.

Got an email advising me bank has cancelled my FOH dd :seething: been on hold for 15 mins and still waiting.

15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Got an email advising me bank has cancelled my FOH dd :seething: been on hold for 15 mins and still waiting.

It seems as if I stupidly cancelled the DD myself. Now that its set up again does it carry on from where I left off?

15 hours ago, Marvin said:

It seems as if I stupidly cancelled the DD myself. Now that its set up again does it carry on from where I left off?

As long as you used the same email address as before. 

7 hours ago, iainmac said:

As long as you used the same email address as before. 

If you'd like me to check that everything is in order, just drop me a PM.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:44, Mdoug79 said:

I received an email a long time ago stating I have reached the points for the plot ceremony and that they would be in touch, I have since passed the 1300 points for the 1956 club but still not a peep from anyone!! I have tried emailing the FOH but have not had any response!

can anyone advise how I should get this sorted. Feel a touch cheesed off by this tbh. 

Much the same for me  :-(

durhamhearts

Hi my maroon points are at a standstill again and I am well past the 1956 threshold how far behind are they with invites?

3 hours ago, durhamhearts said:

Hi my maroon points are at a standstill again and I am well past the 1956 threshold how far behind are they with invites?

12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Do we now have to send an email to this address for an invitation to the various ceremonies or are emails still sent out when the points thresholds are met?

• 2 weeks later...
Remnants of Standards

My points were stuck on 1290 for a while, then got texts to say I was eligible for a reward. A few payments have come out since but points balance now 1230???

Do other people's balances go on walkabout?😁

On 16/03/2020 at 14:31, Politbordeaux said:

My points were stuck on 1290 for a while, then got texts to say I was eligible for a reward. A few payments have come out since but points balance now 1230???

Do other people's balances go on walkabout?😁

Drop me a PM or an email and I'll have a look for you.

Quick question. Is the system for increasing your pledge automated or does it rely on someone FOH/gocardless’s side doing work?

11 hours ago, gjcc said:

Quick question. Is the system for increasing your pledge automated or does it rely on someone FOH/gocardless’s side doing work?

It's automated but I can also do it for you if that's easier? 

11 hours ago, iainmac said:

It's automated but I can also do it for you if that's easier? 

Ian, if I change my pledge amount will I end up with two direct debits? I.e. will I need to cancel the original one?

13 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Ian, if I change my pledge amount will I end up with two direct debits? I.e. will I need to cancel the original one?

So,  you get 2 emails from GoCardless  when you increase your pledge. One to tell you that the old one is cancelled & one to ask permission to start the new one. You need to action the "new pledge"  email otherwise the pledge won't become active. 

Check your junk /spam folders for these emails. If your worried about having 2 DD's running,  I can easily check this for you. 

12 hours ago, iainmac said:

So,  you get 2 emails from GoCardless  when you increase your pledge. One to tell you that the old one is cancelled & one to ask permission to start the new one. You need to action the "new pledge"  email otherwise the pledge won't become active. 

Check your junk /spam folders for these emails. If your worried about having 2 DD's running,  I can easily check this for you. 

Got 2 emails neither cancelling my existing DD. So I have deleted my original DD in my banking App. A new DD has been set up in my bank account.

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Got 2 emails neither cancelling my existing DD. So I have deleted my original DD in my banking App. A new DD has been set up in my bank account.

If you want me to check that all is well, just drop me an email at the Rewards inbox or PM me on here.

8 hours ago, iainmac said:

If you want me to check that all is well, just drop me an email at the Rewards inbox or PM me on here.

Thanks for your help Iain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1971fozzy

Looking for some advice. I’ve just upped my FOH sub by 50% and had to fill out the DD form. 
Do I have to cancel anything with my bank - like my old DD or does it just replace it ? 
cheers

On 09/05/2020 at 17:29, 1971fozzy said:

Looking for some advice. I’ve just upped my FOH sub by 50% and had to fill out the DD form. 
Do I have to cancel anything with my bank - like my old DD or does it just replace it ? 
cheers

It should but if you'd like me to check,  send me a PM. 

On 09/05/2020 at 17:29, 1971fozzy said:

cheers

I had the same problem the other day.

I sent them an email to see if I had two direct debits.

They replied back quickly to say they will check my direct debit details.

Seemed i had two accounts and they cancelled my original DD and went with the 50% extra DD.

3 hours ago, benny said:

I had the same problem the other day.

I sent them an email to see if I had two direct debits.

They replied back quickly to say they will check my direct debit details.

Seemed i had two accounts and they cancelled my original DD and went with the 50% extra DD.

cheers. Sorted. Cancelled the old one and new one has been set up

Independence

Youngest son (19yo) just joined!!! That's both sons and I now proud members. HHGH. FTH.

• davemclaren locked this topic
  • davemclaren unpinned this topic