FOH - Live Web Chat With Ian Murray MP at 12:30

iainmac

I get what you;re saying but how else do you perceive they go ahead?

They should convert the 1st months pledges then using the same in built tolerances use the figure ACTUALLY pledged to form the basis of a bid. What is the point in making a bid based on 5000 pledges capitalised into say ?1.2m per annum then 4 days later finding out that the initial pledge means that the figure is actually 700k?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alwaysinourshadows

Is their anyone on the FOH board who have serious money?

5000 pledges is decent but in sure we could still get a few more thousand

tartofmidlothian

Comment From Harv Do you believe that there is any chance of Edinburgh Council would purchasing Tynecastle and leasing it back to Hearts?

13:43 php1paPwM100x100_ScotsmanCircle.jpg Given the difficult state of public finances I'm not sure this is a credible option.

heartsfc_fan

Is their anyone on the FOH board who have serious money?

5000 pledges is decent but in sure we could still get a few more thousand

Ann Budge?

tartofmidlothian

Interesting answer...

Comment From Stuart Ritchie Surely the biggest danger to the club at present is cashflow. Are their any plans to raise cash to keep the club going until the administrator can sell the club?

13:44 php1paPwM100x100_ScotsmanCircle.jpg Revenue funding is what we can access so that could be of beenfit to an administrator

MacDonald Jardine

From what he said is that they have removed false email addresses and those with any obvious hibs connection (ie Pat Stanton and Albert Kidd in the name) but after that there is no way of telling if for example [email protected] is going to actually pony up any cash until the pledges are converted!

12:52 We have purged the system of all email addresses that do not exist and these are actual numbers. We removed 70 Rod Petries and 45 Albert Kidds!

Tricky situation but there must be some way around it. Imagine having direct access to every active hearts fan. Pledges would double overnight.

As far as my minimal understanding of Data Protection goes the only way round it would be for hearts to contact the 71000 people and asking permission to pass their details to FoH.

tartofmidlothian

:yas:

Comment From Derrick I pledged ages ago but still no email telling me what to do next to make pledge into cash ??

13:44 php1paPwM100x100_ScotsmanCircle.jpg You will have it in 24 hours max.

12:52 We have purged the system of all email addresses that do not exist and these are actual numbers. We removed 70 Rod Petries and 45 Albert Kidds!

Did you even read my post? I understand there has been a data cleanse of sorts but until the pledges are converted any figure is a guess!

MrWinningSmith

Does anyone know what the repercussions of Ubig knocking back KPMG are?

Geoff Kilpatrick

UBIG have some decision making power that, of course, no one can talk to!

What it means is that we are not in administration yet.

What it also means is that Hector could come calling with a winding-up order. :o

The way I understand it is that KPMG would work to get the best deal for HMFC whereas Ubig's admins would seek to get the best deal for Ubig.

Not great news I think.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The way I understand it is that KPMG would work to get the best deal for HMFC whereas Ubig's admins would seek to get the best deal for Ubig.

Not great news I think.

UBIG are not getting a button out of this. There is nothing to gain for them,

tartofmidlothian

Finished now.

Great answers IMO. Went over the basics again for newcomers but there was plenty of new info for those who have been asking questions for a while.

One thing that wasn't said but that I took is that FoH have been waiting for admin themselves, purely because to have absorbed the tax settlement and the increased wage bill would have been more than they could handle. He didn't say that, just a feeling due to such direct and well thought out info coming today of all days.

maroonlegions

Just about to post a question had it all written about to press send and, "BOOM", TIME RAN OOT; :cornette:

UBIG are not getting a button out of this. There is nothing to gain for them,

Should I have said Ukio?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Should I have said Ukio?

Ukio will make off with everything as secured creditor. That was always the case.

Ukio will make off with everything as secured creditor. That was always the case.

So why do the Lithuanians want to appoint their own admin?

Geoff Kilpatrick

So why do the Lithuanians want to appoint their own admin?

My theory is to ensure they get a set amount for any CVA as a bottom line. Offers don't meet that and it is liquidation.

Just about to post a question had it all written about to press send and, "BOOM", TIME RAN OOT; :cornette:

Was due to finish at 13:30 so Ian gave more of his time than I asked him to. There will be plenty of other opportunities to ask questions - for those in the area, Directors of FoH will be holding a "drop in" at MHSC on Saturday between 12-4. Rather than get dragged shopping - why not pop in? The MHSC could probably use the cash over their bar too.

shaun.lawson

I'll avoid giving the Hootsmon web traffic, thanks all the same.

:cornette:

"My club's in more danger than it's ever been. There's a group of people out there trying to help, and providing vital information - but the interactive chat they're hosting is on the website of a newspaper which has sometimes said things about my club that I don't like. My complete, chronic over-sensitivity to that is more important than my club going down the swanny - so I'll avoid giving that website traffic, thankyou. I also feel the need to tell the world of this too".

:dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

MSA was right. You are a 6 year old.

That webchat, incidentally, has been extremely edifying. Bit by bit, they're getting their act together. Good on them. :thumbsup: I hope some of the quite unbelievable commenters on the first page of this thread have taken note too.

I have said before that in the big picture of things the HMFC debt to UKIO is pretty small beer in relation to the other ?285,000,000+ that they are owed.

I am hoping here that they will be more interested in the rest of the debt than try to take us for as much as possible.Fingers crossed..........and everything else of course.

My theory is to ensure they get a set amount for any CVA as a bottom line. Offers don't meet that and it is liquidation.

Not good then.

Thanks for the reply.

tartofmidlothian

"My club's in more danger than it's ever been. There's a group of people out there trying to help, and providing vital information - but the interactive chat they're hosting is on the website of a newspaper which has sometimes said things about my club that I don't like. My complete, chronic over-sensitivity to that is more important than my club going down the swanny - so I'll avoid giving that website traffic, thankyou. I also feel the need to tell the world of this too".

:rofl:

He's right, you know. Still, at least the rest of us got the important info.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:cornette:

:dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

MSA was right. You are a 6 year old.

That webchat, incidentally, has been extremely edifying. Bit by bit, they're getting their act together. Good on them. :thumbsup: I hope some of the quite unbelievable commenters on the first page of this thread have taken note too.

Why did I need to? It was all reposted on here and the Hootsmon got fewer clicks :verysmug:

Besides, I was using my phone so webchat would have been crap on there too.

MrWinningSmith

As UKIO are the secured creditor and in theory own our stadium, does that mean once we are old off and they agree a pence in the pound fee do we get the stadium back?

maroonlegions

Was due to finish at 13:30 so Ian gave more of his time than I asked him to. There will be plenty of other opportunities to ask questions - for those in the area, Directors of FoH will be holding a "drop in" at MHSC on Saturday between 12-4. Rather than get dragged shopping - why not pop in? The MHSC could probably use the cash over their bar too.

Ah, nice one, drop in question time at MHSC on Saturday , cheers, will pop in, nae shopping, magic.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As UKIO are the secured creditor and in theory own our stadium, does that mean once we are old off and they agree a pence in the pound fee do we get the stadium back?

If they agree, yes.

JamboBornNBred

I had my reservations over FoH hence why i had'nt pledged before, now.After today's Q & A has changed my views and have just pledged :10900:

Just gone and read the whole thing on the Scotsman web site. Murray comes across well, answered as succinctly and as openly as could be expected. I can't believe the criticism of FOH by some and direct attacks at Murray in particular seems bizarre when the guy is clearly giving up a lot of his personal time to try and help the club. The acid test is of course when they go to convert pledge into donations and only then will they have an idea of how much money they are actually going to raise. It's a shame they couldn't have set the structure in place to do this as soon as the share issue was over (say they had 2000 pledges at 20 quid for the last 3 months that would be 120k deposit and a more accurate representation of future income). However, they can't change what has passed so no point dwelling on it and instead we should encourage as many people donating and as soon as possible, ultimately we've nothing to lose by doing this and potentially a way of saving the club.

Very impressive from Ian Murray today now perhaps EVERYONE will start pledging. forget the nit picking and get on with saving our beloved club.

Hannibal Lecter

Hadn't been particularly impressed by FOH so far but todays Q&A has shed a little more light than already had been.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

I had my reservations over FoH hence why i had'nt pledged before, now.After today's Q & A has changed my views and have just pledged :10900:

Just had an e-mail back fro FOH thanking me for my pledge. Every little helps

Kalamazoo Jambo

Wasn't able to make it to the end of the webchat as work got in the way but was very happy with the answers that I saw :thumbsup:

Solid answers from Ian Murray IMO. Pledge made. And don't see any alternative but to pledge, for any Hearts fan.

Absolutely this. 100%.

marshallschunkychicken

Is there any way to up your pledge? I'm thinking if you have changed personal circumstances?

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Is there any way to up your pledge? I'm thinking if you have changed personal circumstances?

Murray said in the webchat earlier that you will have the opportunity to alter your pledge amount when the Direct Debit mandate is sent out.

This was asked in the Q&A.

You will be able to adjust your pledge level when they open up the payment method.

Yes, current pledges are indicative only. You'll get an email within next 24 hours directing you to the FoH Pledging Page. Just select the button that represents the monthly amount you want to pledge.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I think the easiest way now is to actually up the amount on your direct deposit, rather than re-pledging, as that could cause some confusion. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows different!

Yes, this can be done when actually prompted to set up payment apparently (email in next 24 hours). Think he covered this in the webchat at some point.

Is there seriously people still unaware as to what is going on and what FoH are trying to do?

Anyone with even a mild interest would surely know what is going on.

My mate hadn't heard about it until I told him the other night.

Francis Albert

A few "nitpicks". I am not sure why the need for a capital sum is less likely now than before administration. On STs I think I understand what they are saying - if we are still in administration when the season begins it will of course be up to the admininistrator (but unless he has given up on Hearts as an ongoing concern I think he would honour them). But if and when FoH is in control it's up to them and (even if as someone suggested there are VAT implications??) they have a lot more to lose by not honouring them and finding other means of covering working capital requirements in the short term - I think they could be more positive on this. I also think they should start taking money on 4th July even if they aren't in a position to make a bid - I think 90% or more of pledgers want Hearts to survive more than they want "fan ownership" and would be happy for pledged money collected to be passed to (say) the 1874 Fighting Fund if we get a new owner without fans contributions (assuming the new owners are sane, and even if they are not the Fighting Fund will ensure the money is spent on Hearts. In fact I'd even ago as far as to say it might be worth getting some money together anyway as a future "emergency fund" - I am not convinced that whatever happens this will be our last financial crisis. . Good to hear they have "avenues available" to access an up front capital sum - the most positive and important thing to come out today. Pledge, pledge and pledge again!

Francis Albert

Iain - for those similarly "challenged" as I am about the environs of Tynecastle (and of course not knowing what or where MHSC is is maybe a bigger crime than not being able to tell apart the Gorgie and Roseburn ends) it might be worth saying the Merchiston Hearts Social Club is the rather scruffy looking establishment just beyond the railway bridge heading eastwards from Tynie along Gorgie Road.

Oxford City

Just read the archived webchat on the Scotsman website. Anyone with questions about FoH is advised to read it. I thought he came across really well.

Archived