FOH - Live Web Chat With Ian Murray MP at 12:30

iainmac

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

Meant to add that nows the time for action and not more chat.

But there has to be chat about the impending action. :gossip::furious3::argue::sleeping2:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll avoid giving the Hootsmon web traffic, thanks all the same.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm a bit fed up of being told nothing but to hand over cash. Lets just be honest, web chat with the Lith administrator would be far more useful

Jambof3tornado

But there has to be chat about the impending action. :gossip::furious3::argue::sleeping2:

Do you mean chat about the chat?

Jambof3tornado

Not everyone can be online at lunchtime on a weekday so once again FOH isnt targetting a big enough audience.

What happened to investing to prevent an insolvency?

And that you didn't want administration?

You will get more pledges if you cut the crap and tell it like it is!

Vincent B.A

I wont be able to get onto this until 1pm today so hoping it lasts more than half an hour.

One thing I've found disappointing about FOH is the ambiguity over the initial sum to take control of the club - at the begining of the meeting on Friday it was my understanding from what Ian said that there would be no lump sum up front to buy the club but then towards the end of the meeting he hinted that we would borrow money but not from the bank. I'm hoping some clarity is given on this.

letsalllaughathobos

I'm busy at work. Can someone ask him, how ukio want to appoint there own admin but he keeps saying they have nobody in Lithuania that they can deal with,

Either get serious or bolt,

All this abuse directed at FOH!!!!! We need to get on board here because as far as I can see they are the only show in town!! There ain't no white knight riding in this time.

I'm busy at work. Can someone ask him, how ukio want to appoint there own admin but he keeps saying they have nobody in Lithuania that they can deal with,

Either get serious or bolt,

Was it not UBIG that had nobody to deal with?

I can't be in on that so can someone please ask him to explain himself regarding his comments to the Scotsman for everyone to get pledging as it might be the FOH money that keeps the club going?!!!!

My family pledged money to achieve fan ownership not to plug the holes in Romanovs dyke!

Very concerned about Murray, every time he opens his mouth his credibility plummets. He wants us to put our trust in a politician? WTF!

I wont be able to get onto this until 1pm today so hoping it lasts more than half an hour.

One thing I've found disappointing about FOH is the ambiguity over the initial sum to take control of the club - at the begining of the meeting on Friday it was my understanding from what Ian said that there would be no lump sum up front to buy the club but then towards the end of the meeting he hinted that we would borrow money but not from the bank. I'm hoping some clarity is given on this.

As I said on a thread the other day, I had heard there was an American prepared to stump up a lump sum and be repaid back.

Maybe bull but I hope it's true.

Lots of questions to answer and no good to keep saying that the waters are muddied by the situation in Lithuania.

If it's a question relating to FOH and the funds they have at their disposal then answer it honestly and upfront otherwise it's out of the frying pan etc. etc.

Plus, let's not forget that at the end of the day and loyal Jambo or not, Murray is a politician and straight answers don't come with that particular job role.

TheMaganator

Yup. UKIO are playing ball and keen to resolve. UBIG have no admins or directors and are MIA

letsalllaughathobos

No it was made clear that there was nobody in Lithuania to deal with, really hope the guys at FOH can sort this for everyone's sake, I have pledged and will houner the pledge, but find them extremly frustrating, just my opinion,

They are the good guys as far as I am concerned,

Vincent B.A

As I said on a thread the other day, I had heard there was an American prepared to stump up a lump sum and be repaid back.

Maybe bull but I hope it's true.

That does kind of link with his comment about borrowing the money but not from the bank. If it is his intention to get investment, why not just come out and say that we're looking for outside investment and plan to pay it back with the pledge money?

One of the frustrating things about the current regime has been the lack of transparency. IMO FOH haven't got off to a great start regarding transparency about their strategy for buying and running the club. Hopefully now that we are going into administration the plans will become clearer and things can start moving.

buca junior

Can't believe the levels of criticism members of FOH have received on this message board. All of them are doing this in their own time. They have never claimed to be heavily financing any bid yet they are criticised for not putting up more of their own capital.

Personally I think Murray has come over very well so far. He has not come in and promised the earth which is frankly refreshing after years of embarrassing statements from the previous owner. They were not in control of the process of Hearts going into administration so it was always going to be difficult to reveal too much.

Now that everything has become clearer, I would hope FOH can reveal slightly more. This will be difficult because on one side you need to disclose information to the public to encourage more pledges however the more information in the public domain, you end up weakening your negotiating power.

May one-six

Jeez, there are some prize-winning whingers when it comes to FoH. It's not even clear who the administrator at Hearts or UBIG is and there's a very complex financial process still to be gone through. Expecting them to have all the answers right now is ridiculous. Plus, they get crucified when they're silent and when they start holding meetings or Q & As. Can't win, it seems.

Bowmans_Boot

All this abuse directed at FOH!!!!! We need to get on board here because as far as I can see they are the only show in town!! There ain't no white knight riding in this time.

Exactly this. A lot of people seem to be waiting for some billionaire to bail us out but thats not going to happen. Either we save our club or our club dies.

Exactly this. A lot of people seem to be waiting for some billionaire to bail us out but thats not going to happen. Either we save our club or our club dies.

We are all pledging but we do not know what we are pledging to.

Unless you are in the club

Francis Albert

I hope, really hope we hear more than "we need your pledge" today.

.. . and that all the fans representative groups are on board and that some of Edinburgh's best business brains are backing them ... or that we will start drawing down funds in 48 hours (Friday) or in 24 hours (over 48 hours after Friday). I hope he at least retracts Friday's og about not honouring STs.

.. . and that all the fans representative groups are on board and that some of Edinburgh's best business brains are backing them ...

You may mock but getting all of the fans groups united hasn't been done for 9 years. Progress.

Bowmans_Boot

.. . and that all the fans representative groups are on board and that some of Edinburgh's best business brains are backing them ... or that we will start drawing down funds in 48 hours (Friday) or in 24 hours (over 48 hours after Friday). I hope he at least retracts Friday's og about not honouring STs.

Yeah, because they are all easy, simple tasks to do, arent they? FOH should get every single fans backing and unconditional support, not the cheap jibes that some make.

Francis Albert

You may mock but getting all of the fans groups united hasn't been done for 9 years. Progress.

Yes I do mock. Most of them don't even pretend to be representative groups, and in total those that do represent how many fans? A complete red herring IMO. How many meetings did it take Iain?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Has it been explained why the governance docs won't be out before pledges are converted? If not could someone ask that? Won't be able to get on at that time. Cheers.

Francis Albert

Yeah, because they are all easy, simple tasks to do, arent they? FOH should get every single fans backing and unconditional support, not the cheap jibes that some make.

They have my backing. It doesn't seem to be entirely reciprocated - they told me on Friday they can't say they will honour my ST if they buy the club after administration. I'll honour my pledge though!

Yes I do mock. Most of them don't even pretend to be representative groups, and in total those that do represent how many fans? A complete red herring IMO. How many meetings did it take Iain?

One that I attended. Mocking is just what is required at this point - really?

Jambof3tornado

Whilst linking the fans groups is great its hardly groundbreaking stuff given that the majority of supporters dont belong to any of the groups!!

Start taking my money and it will be progress!!

Whilst linking the fans groups is great its hardly groundbreaking stuff given that the majority of supporters dont belong to any of the groups!!

Start taking my money and it will be progress!!

The club would not have entertained having any dialogue without the fans groups uniting. It was a significant step but I get your point about representation.

Francis Albert

One that I attended. Mocking is just what is required at this point - really?

No. What's needed is (1) to get hold of some money and (2) not to make silly and counterproductive statements about not honouring STs.

Francis Albert

The club would not have entertained having any dialogue without the fans groups uniting. It was a significant step but I get your point about representation.

So there was no dialogue with the club until a couple of months ago??. The fans groups had already expressed their backing of FoH long before the great "we are all united (and on the Board!)" fanfare.

PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE

Even the kids will be pledging with their holiday money - sorry kids. Haven can wait.....

Jambof3tornado

PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE

Even the kids will be pledging with their holiday money - sorry kids. Haven can wait.....

Can u18s pledge. My 16 year old wants to.

12:35

Comment From n1vek Have you not got anything better to do with your time Ian?

12:35 php1paPwM100x100_ScotsmanCircle.jpg

Its lunchtime

:facepalm:

12:35

Comment From n1vek Have you not got anything better to do with your time Ian?

12:35 php1paPwM100x100_ScotsmanCircle.jpg

Its lunchtime

:facepalm:

Was just about to post this, facepalm moment indeed.

Archived