SELL TYNIE IMMEDIATELY AND MOVE TO MURRAYFIELD

kingdannyb

FarmerTweedy

Ideally, from everyone's point of view,the club and the ground should be kept together but does anyone think there's any possibility that, if we can't drum-up the required cash, the Lithuanian administrator is likely offer to sell us the the club name and players alone and offer the possible lease/purchase of Tynecastle?

I don't fancy the idea myself as I'd rather make a clean break from Lithuanian influence but it still might be an attractive alternative - especially for FOH. However, it would all come down to the figures.

My real worry is that there are other parties out there biding their time before they jump in with their offers. Hopefully, when that time arrives, the administrator will look kindly upon the supporters because we may be unable to win a straight-cash competition.

Not quite sure what you mean by the bit in bold. If you mean the administrator might take ownership of the stadium and lease it to us, possibly with an option to buy it at a later date, then no, no chance at all. Any such deal would mean the administrator potentially being involved for many years to come. If you mean they might sell the ground to someone else who would then have teh option to lease it to us, that's a possibiliity, but it would depend entirely on there being someone out there who would want to do that, and it wwould be entirely open to question whether the club and such a buyer could come to an agreement.

It has to be remembered that the administrator only has control of 29.9% of Hearts shares, so can only sell that %age of the club's shares, which complicates matters as, for any deal to be done to buy the club, a deal also has to be done for the shares still controlled by UBIG, and it seems to be unclear whether anybody is in a position to agree such a sale, never mind who that might be!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarmerTweedy

Ideally, from everyone's point of view,the club and the ground should be kept together but does anyone think there's any possibility that, if we can't drum-up the required cash, the Lithuanian administrator is likely offer to sell us the the club name and players alone and offer the possible lease/purchase of Tynecastle?

I don't fancy the idea myself as I'd rather make a clean break from Lithuanian influence but it still might be an attractive alternative - especially for FOH. However, it would all come down to the figures.

My real worry is that there are other parties out there biding their time before they jump in with their offers. Hopefully, when that time arrives, the administrator will look kindly upon the supporters because we may be unable to win a straight-cash competition.

Oh, and the administrator will be obliged to accept the highest offer they get for any assets related to Hearts. If someone else offers more than a supporter led/funded bid can manage, that'll just be tough!

Watt-Zeefuik

Correct.......unfortunately,I haven't seen a lucky bag for aboot 40 years so....em....just a well done i'm afraid,mate!

I'd probably just lose it anyways...

upgotheheads

There are two entities involved here.

No 1 is the club HMFC. Its value to the Ukio Bankas administrators wil be its assets which are the players (which are also a wage liability) who's values are virtually unknown, the goodwill which is us the fans, and its registration with the SPL. All of this must have a value which someone will try to assess. My guess is that all of it might be worth a couple of million, maybe less.

No2 is the ground that the stadium stands on. Given the slump in land values and the cost of clearing the site it must be worth a lot less than it was in 2005. I'll guess 10 million for the sake of argument.

12 million would be difficult to raise but a couple of milion for the club without the ground would be a lot easier. I hope that a deal could be done with the Lithuanian authorities to buy the club and lease the stadium in the short term while other avenues (either staying at Tynecastle or moving elsewhere) can be explored.

OOPS!, Just saw JohnB's comment timed 01:33. Great minds think alike.

Watt-Zeefuik

Most recent assessments of the value of Tynie have it at around ?5.5m or so.

I repeat, the question is not whether moving to Murrayfield is better than staying at Tynecastle, the question is whether moving to Murrayfield is better than no Hearts at all.

Most recent assessments of the value of Tynie have it at around ?5.5m or so.

I repeat, the question is not whether moving to Murrayfield is better than staying at Tynecastle, the question is whether moving to Murrayfield is better than no Hearts at all.

Correct.

Alba gu Brath

Murrayfield is a horrendous vision... or we share with Hibs?!

....but when tough choices have to be made?

Murrayfield is a horrendous vision... or we share with Hibs?!

....but when tough choices have to be made?

We'd have to agree to paint it maroon first! Or at least half of it. Come to think of it, three quarters sounds about right.

We'd have to agree to paint it maroon first! Or at least half of it. Come to think of it, three quarters sounds about right.

Aye right.

john brownlee

and their bit pink

So it appears I may have been right.;

Record Sport received further information from Vilnius last night that supports the theory the collapsed bank now plans to cash in on the security it holds over Tynecastle ? and sell off the historic ground as prime real estate to the highest bidder.

Such a move would render Hearts homeless but allow administrators to sell on the club?s name and history for a token fee.

Record Sport received further information from Vilnius last night that supports the theory the collapsed bank now plans to cash in on the security it holds over Tynecastle ? and sell off the historic ground as prime real estate to the highest bidder.

Such a move would render Hearts homeless but allow administrators to sell on the club?s name and history for a token fee.

Or the Record ran the same speculative story......which, especially considering their history, doesn't mean you or they were right.

They probably got their "story" directly off this thread!

That is nothing new..... any bid accepted would be the highest bid in terms of cash - not the best bid in terms of keeping Hearts alive. Will be interesting to see how much anyone would bid for Tynecastle..... it would cost as much as the purchase price to redevelop the land - it's well documented the number of obstacles and cost facing any re-development

It's not prime real estate. And them selling it has never been in doubt, the only question is whether a bid for the club can match the price.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No, it appears you read the ******.

No, it appears you read the ******.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Craig Herbertson

That would virtually guarantee the death of Hearts as the club we know. I believed it 8 years ago and I believe it now.

With you there

Prime real estate...

I think something got lost in translation and they think tynecastle edinburgh is "the castle edinburgh"

• 4 years later...
On 13/06/2013 at 12:30, jambogjh said:

If we have new owners & are able to walk away from this debt free & with the right board in charge who are able to pee with the cocks they have HMFC would have a very bright future. Even if it meant being deducted 15 points & a transfer embargo in place, being relegated etc. in 2 or 3 years time we would be bigger & stronger club.

Sounds like a plan 

Just now, scabber said:

Just shows how these were desperate times .now look where wr are happy days indeed.

Yeah

And the search facility is starting to  come back

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:pleasing:

Was King Danny B vermin?

I think we should be told.

No. Don’t think so. That was not the intention of the bump. I just think it’s important we try and remember and appreciate where we were recently. 

Allowayjambo1874

The most important thing during these times was  when it came to light that the land that Tynecastle sat on could not be used for housing. This made it worthless in terms of ukio’s creditors. Doubtful anyone would have came in and  paid £5-6 million for us if it had been prime real estate.  Dark days. 

On 13/06/2013 at 13:30, jambogjh said:

If we have new owners & are able to walk away from this debt free & with the right board in charge who are able to pee with the cocks they have HMFC would have a very bright future. Even if it meant being deducted 15 points & a transfer embargo in place, being relegated etc. in 2 or 3 years time we would be bigger & stronger club.

Only was small detail wrong but fantastic shout about the route we have taken.

5 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The most important thing during these times was  when it came to light that the land that Tynecastle sat on could not be used for housing. This made it worthless in terms of ukio’s creditors. Doubtful anyone would have came in and  paid £5-6 million for us if it had been prime real estate.  Dark days. 

Was that a case of the Council making sure that UKIO had no option but Ann?

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Well, if it was, I’ll take it. The council has done us few favours over the years - before Tynie was rebuilt, they were obsessed with making us ground-share with Hibs!

On 13/06/2013 at 12:30, jambogjh said:

Good foresight there.

Going from the moaning on the new stand thread to this one is quite sobering.

On 13/06/2013 at 14:31, Das Root said:

They don't have to build it, just fund it. Tynecastle holds us back. Main stand is falling apart, not enough capacity and pish facilities. I appreciate the sentimental value but football is an expensive business, as a club we rarely live up to the expectations or promise we could have given the size of our fanbase and it is time we forged forward. I can take Tynecastle out of the equation if it means as a club we grow and expand.

Eh naw.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
51 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

38 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Well, if it was, I’ll take it. The council has done us few favours over the years - before Tynie was rebuilt, they were obsessed with making us ground-share with Hibs!

Well, while it would be nice to think this was at the very forefront of their deliberations, it's very unlikely to be the case.  Councils don't make the rules up to suit (despite what you might read in the online comments in the Evening News).  Planning Acts and planning guidance dictate what's allowed, not the whims of local government.  Local authorities are required to have strategic plans, which includes identifying present and future land use (allocations for future housing being a pertinent issue here).  Generally, when a block of land is in one type of use, it requires a formal application to change that use.  In that, there would have to be full justification with the application, to address need, legal requirements etc.  So Edinburgh Council would simply have applied the rules already in place, which would presumably preclude change from a sports facility to another non-sports use.

I don't know the details for Tynie off-hand, but another example that I do know is the Don Valley Stadium here in Sheffield.  It was demolished in 2014 and at first it was thought that housing could replace it.  However, this was not permissible under planning rules.  Now, it will have a range of sports facilities and a college instead, including a new home stadium for Sheffield Eagles.

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Was King Danny B vermin?

I think we should be told.

How very dare you!

I'm not sure what our financial situation was at that time but I guess we were facing liquidation. Selling up and moving was the last resort in keeping the club alive. I didn't want us to end up like them from Govan.

Bazzas right boot

Changed days.

Thanks to the fans and especially Budge.

The Budge doubters Should have a gander at this thread.

Grim, to say the least.

Horrible reading that at parts.

Murrayfield is a nice wee change on the odd occasion I guess, but I can't ****ing wait to get back to Murrayfield.

Let's not forget that we were heading down this road under Pie Man.  He wanted to sell Tynecastle for £20M to clear debts and move to Murrayfield.      The two biggest worries at that time were how did the debt get that high under Robinson? and what would the impact have been on selling our only asset and rattling about in tumbleweed in front of an average 10-15,000 fans.  Ironically Vlad played a huge part in securing the long term future of this club.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Murrayfield is a nice wee change on the odd occasion I guess, but I can't ****ing wait to get back to Murrayfield.

He he

To be fair these were very difficult times

And getting the deal across the line took a lot of effort and goodwill from all parties involved

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Tynecastle even :rolleyes4:

26 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Tynecastle even :rolleyes4:

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He he

:rofl: yeah, Tynecastle.

I posted that on the bus still half asleep, in my defence. :ninja:

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Good foresight there.

Going from the moaning on the new stand thread to this one is quite sobering.

Too right.

The people still dampening their underwear over the size or colour of lettering on the stand should maybe take 5 minutes to have a look through this thread.

Still sends a shiver when I think of the pie-mans "not fit for purpose" presentation

59 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Too right.

The people still dampening their underwear over the size or colour of lettering on the stand should maybe take 5 minutes to have a look through this thread.

Still sends a shiver when I think of the pie-mans "not fit for purpose" presentation

Now Now. We've come far but we still need to maintain the highest standards and retain our professional.

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Let's not forget that we were heading down this road under Pie Man.  He wanted to sell Tynecastle for £20M to clear debts and move to Murrayfield.      The two biggest worries at that time were how did the debt get that high under Robinson? and what would the impact have been on selling our only asset and rattling about in tumbleweed in front of an average 10-15,000 fans.  Ironically Vlad played a huge part in securing the long term future of this club.  

Eh ? He drove the club over a cliff and nearly killed it. He was the worst owner we ever had. 

On 10/18/2017 at 12:34, NANOJAMBO said:

Eh ? He drove the club over a cliff and nearly killed it. He was the worst owner we ever had. 

That's a maybe but without him we would no longer have Tynecastle.  Strange but a fact.

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

That's a maybe but without him we would no longer have Tynecastle.  Strange but a fact.

I don't recall a single hearts fan saying at the time of our near extinction, things are bad , he's run up crazy debts, nicked all the ST money and fecked off BUT he's not the worst owner we've ever had.But each to their own .  

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't recall a single hearts fan saying at the time of our near extinction, things are bad , he's run up crazy debts, nicked all the ST money and fecked off BUT he's not the worst owner we've ever had.But each to their own .  

There was plenty on here. Good amount in the stands.

If Vlad hadn't bought us, we wouldnt have Tynecastle and possibly the two more Scottish cups than before he took over.

Questions about his management of finances and leaving us can be questioned and no doubt it left us in our darkest days.

I'd like to know of all this debt he ran up though as I'm sure the amount we were left with wasn't that much more than when he came in. Also, nicked the ST money? Got proof bud?

Tynecastle was so far along the road to getting sold. Some folk need to realise this.

Anyway, at least we now have a brand new Main stand and a beautiful football stadium at Tynecastle Park thanks to Ann and the FOH. (with a wee bit thanks to Vlad for saving us from moving over a decade ago)

Archived