SELL TYNIE IMMEDIATELY AND MOVE TO MURRAYFIELD

kingdannyb

So your solution is juvenile sarcasm and an inability to spell ?

juvenile would be paying somebody elses bigger bils forever to upkeep their facilities, when keeping your own facilities at a lesser rate works out cheaper in the long run.

tynecastles value has been stated at ?5.6mil, bearing in mind were looking at a ?2.5 mil shortfall for the coming season, maybe less for next/maybe more. that gives us 3 years roughly, then were just paying the SRU's upkeep and have no asset.

and no it's not been spell checked.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have new owners & are able to walk away from this debt free & with the right board in charge who are able to pee with the cocks they have HMFC would have a very bright future. Even if it meant being deducted 15 points & a transfer embargo in place, being relegated etc. in 2 or 3 years time we would be bigger & stronger club.

oh ah grantona

the way i see it we as FANS have 2 options:

1. Buy a season ticket and the strips and hope the current board get us to the start of season

2. we all give season ticket money now to FOH and commit to a tenner a month if you havent already and tell them to get an offer in now (they are dragging their heels to long now) A meeting on friday we all steam in with cash by mid next week once meeting has been widely reported and we as fans put the offer in by end of next week at the very latest

oh ah grantona

If we have new owners & are able to walk away from this debt free & with the right board in charge who are able to pee with the cocks they have HMFC would have a very bright future. Even if it meant being deducted 15 points & a transfer embargo in place, being relegated etc. in 2 or 3 years time we would be bigger & stronger club.

I think now the 15 points is a definite but id hope given new owners were in place we could appeal a signing ban or suspend it to get some players on board

Had we sold Tynecastle when its value was double what it is now we would be 8 years along the road to recovery.

The club would have been in the hands of Hearts people. Our debts would have been cleared and with the academy already in place we would have developed a half decent team and a sound revenue stream by now.

Instead we sold the club's soul to a man whose intentions may have been honourable but who was egotistical and erratic in his administration of the club. Yes, we won two cups and finished second in the league once and had a plethora of exciting players but was it really worth it? Here we are not just back at square one but right off the board and up s**t creek without a paddle.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet in life and make the tough decisions in order to survive. Selling Tynecaslte would have been a tough decision and moving to Murrayfield not ideal. But that would have been preferable to the dire state of affairs we now find ourselves in.

Whose hands???

As far as I remember, Romanov was the only show in town back then (still is by all accounts)

The Edinburgh Council's pretty good at handling major development projects. I'd go with this.

They don't have to build it, just fund it. Tynecastle holds us back. Main stand is falling apart, not enough capacity and pish facilities. I appreciate the sentimental value but football is an expensive business, as a club we rarely live up to the expectations or promise we could have given the size of our fanbase and it is time we forged forward. I can take Tynecastle out of the equation if it means as a club we grow and expand.

We were going to anyway before Vlad "saved" us so let's just get any cash we can and become tenants along the road.

Is there any other solution ?

Sell it for what?

It's hard to see how it would be worth much at all, if either the council are still as worried about the chemical works as they've said they are in the recent past, or they refuse to change the land-use to anything other than as a sporting venue.

I've just heard that we're waiting to find out if Dunfermline go bust & go play a East End...

I think it's a load of bullshit like,but just throwing it out there incase anyone else had heard the same

. I heard we are sharing with Livingston . Zzz

just

We were going to anyway before Vlad "saved" us so let's just get any cash we can and become tenants along the road.

Is there any other solution ?

you just cant care about the club, coming out with a statement like that, ****s sake man i really hope you aren't a hearts fan................... :wtf:

Would be a kick in the teeth eh? Sell it for ?10m now rather than for ?20m back then. No ta.

FarmerTweedy

Had we sold Tynecastle when its value was double what it is now we would be 8 years along the road to recovery.

The club would have been in the hands of Hearts people. Our debts would have been cleared and with the academy already in place we would have developed a half decent team and a sound revenue stream by now.

Instead we sold the club's soul to a man whose intentions may have been honourable but who was egotistical and erratic in his administration of the club. Yes, we won two cups and finished second in the league once and had a plethora of exciting players but was it really worth it? Here we are not just back at square one but right off the board and up s**t creek without a paddle.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet in life and make the tough decisions in order to survive. Selling Tynecaslte would have been a tough decision and moving to Murrayfield not ideal. But that would have been preferable to the dire state of affairs we now find ourselves in.

How would our debts have been cleared???????

FarmerTweedy

They don't have to build it, just fund it. Tynecastle holds us back. Main stand is falling apart, not enough capacity and pish facilities. I appreciate the sentimental value but football is an expensive business, as a club we rarely live up to the expectations or promise we could have given the size of our fanbase and it is time we forged forward. I can take Tynecastle out of the equation if it means as a club we grow and expand.

I actually agree, to an extent, with this post. If we had an option to leave Tynecastle and move to a ground that met our needs better in terms of both lower running costs and greater revenue possibilities, as well as in a suitable location (west side of Edinburgh) and the numbers added up in terms of costs, etc, I'd be in favour of it. I'd rather have a successful, flourishing club in a new ground than have us struggling at Tynecastle.

The problem is, though, that there's no scenario that I can envisage at the moment where this could work. The cost of a new stadium would massively dwarf the amount we could get from selling Tynecastle, and I don't see how the savings and revenue boosts from the new ground would be big enough to cover that. The idea of the council funding it is fanciful in the extreme.

None of this is remotely relevant to the ludicrous idea of the OP though. As others have pointed out, we wouldn't even see a penny of any proceeds from a sale of Tynecastle as things stand. It would all go straight to the Ukio aministrator. Even if we would have got the sale proceeds, it would take many months at least to actually complete a sale and get the money. We don't have the time for that. What's needed are two things: one is a takeover by a group or person that can not only come to a deal with both the Ukio administator and UBIG or their administrator when, as seems inevitable, they get one, but can also provide some upfront capital to get us through the next few months; and the other is for all the fans who haven't renewed from last season (and hopefully a decent number of others too) to go and buy season tickets now, in order to get the club through the next month or two until some sort of takeover can be completed.

Here's an idea for some folk to take on board.

Don't post utter shite and, in turn, you won't be treated with derision and contempt when you do

Hollow point truth bullets.

"Some people"

Worst op I've ever read on here!

You should read the rest of the s***e he spouted through the rest of the thread!

Sorry, that wasn't very constructive....

That would virtually guarantee the death of Hearts as the club we know. I believed it 8 years ago and I believe it now.

Agree with this. After all, this was what we protested against not so long ago. Just to reiterate The sale of Tynie will be the death of us.

Deans Jambo

If we'd moved to Murrayfield at the same time as Vlad's spending era i'd imagine we would not have died and would most likely have made substancial profits. But forward thinking is not a trait we do well in this country.

colinmaroon

We nearly committed suicide 8 years ago and stepped back from the brink!

We're really quite ill at the moment, so why don't we do it properly and euthanise ourselves?

If we'd moved to Murrayfield at the same time as Vlad's spending era i'd imagine we would not have died and would most likely have made substancial profits. But forward thinking is not a trait we do well in this country.

utter pish.....................

Deans Jambo

Obviously a mute conversation given our current predicament (although we may not be in this situation) but why would we NOT have prospered at that time when we had a team that was the best we have ever had in modern times.

ITynecastle was filled to capacity with a waiting list to have season tickets. Attendances would have been well in the 20,000's with potential to easily have over 30,000 v's the OF and Hibs! Increased corporate money etc as well.

tend to agree slightly with Deans...........The same people who say they`d follow Hearts no matter what happens, in reference to the current situ, are probably the same ones who whinge about moving to a new stadium.

Barney Rubble

Used to hearing the phrase ' id watch Hearts anywhere ' but Murrayfields a big no no , never quite got that one .

Obviously a mute conversation given our current predicament (although we may not be in this situation) but why would we NOT have prospered at that time when we had a team that was the best we have ever had in modern times.

ITynecastle was filled to capacity with a waiting list to have season tickets. Attendances would have been well in the 20,000's with potential to easily have over 30,000 v's the OF and Hibs! Increased corporate money etc as well.

the financial miss management by this regime, regardless of any short term success, would have inevitably left us, still deep in debt and, without any tangible assets........................

Deans Jambo

the financial miss management by this regime, regardless of any short term success, would have inevitably left us, still deep in debt and, without any tangible assets........................

Do we currently have any assets?

tynecastle ???

But who has the assets? The Romanov`s don`t give a feck and are offski , Fedotovas is just a mouthpiece ............we are at the mercy of the liquidators.

Its not even a situation where we have an owner that cares but has just made a right **** of it and will think of a strategy to save the club.

The club is literally in no mans land.

But who has the assets? The Romanov`s don`t give a feck and are offski , Fedotovas is just a mouthpiece ............we are at the mercy of the liquidators.

Its not even a situation where we have an owner that cares but has just made a right **** of it and will think of a strategy to save the club.

The club is literally in no mans land.

yep but in effect anyone buying us still has tynecastle as an asset, if we were renting muddyfield and still, as assumed, saddled with horrific debts,we would be finding it even harder to find a buyer, imo obv,

you just cant care about the club, coming out with a statement like that, ****s sake man i really hope you aren't a hearts fan................... :wtf:

He is - and a passionate one at that!

Deans Jambo

yep but in effect anyone buying us still has tynecastle as an asset, if we were renting muddyfield and still, as assumed, saddled with horrific debts,we would be finding it even harder to find a buyer, imo obv,

Tynecastle is secured against loans we can't ever afford to pay back. It's not guaranteed we'd keep Tynecastle if we go into admin/liquidation.

My earlier point was the debt would have vastily reduced if we'd moved to Murrayfield at the start of the Vlad era.

Many were against it yet those same supporters would say that they would never abandon following Hearts! Never got my head round that...

FarmerTweedy

Sign language?

Bungalow Bill
Would be a kick in the teeth eh? Sell it for ?10m now rather than for ?20m back then. No ta.

It's not worth ?10 million now and it certainly wasn't worth ?20 million back then either.

A plan needs to be put in place now! We can't start the season with all this uncertainty and let these crooks kick the can until they have milked every last penny from the fans. The whole share issue was a complete scam, that money could have helped buy us out.

If they intend on selling the stadium, let is know NOW. We might get kicked down, and beaten, but mark my words, we WILL rise from the ashes. Might take some time, and bad times but so be it. Just pull the feckin plaster off, stop these stalling tactics.

Ideally, from everyone's point of view,the club and the ground should be kept together but does anyone think there's any possibility that, if we can't drum-up the required cash, the Lithuanian administrator is likely offer to sell us the the club name and players alone and offer the possible lease/purchase of Tynecastle?

I don't fancy the idea myself as I'd rather make a clean break from Lithuanian influence but it still might be an attractive alternative - especially for FOH. However, it would all come down to the figures.

My real worry is that there are other parties out there biding their time before they jump in with their offers. Hopefully, when that time arrives, the administrator will look kindly upon the supporters because we may be unable to win a straight-cash competition.

We nearly committed suicide 8 years ago and stepped back from the brink!

We're really quite ill at the moment, so why don't we do it properly and euthanise ourselves?

hope thats sarcasm colin, it's not like you to be defeatist?

I think that the idea that Murrayfield would have enabled the club to run with the wage bill of the Romanov era is a false one.

Keeping it simple (ie Murrayfield cost=Tynecastle cost, ignoring changes in interest payments etc) - it would have taken another 15,000 season ticket holders in 2005-6 for the club to have broken even.

The financial mismanagement of the Roman Romanov and Fedotovas era at Hearts has been stunning.

colinmaroon

hope thats sarcasm colin, it's not like you to be defeatist?

Sarcasm with a capital 'Z'.

In the midden but, I can already smell the roses.

Rugbyjambo84

This has to be the best option for us to be honest...

By far the best stadium in Edinburgh and they let you drink pints while taking in the game (which I know for a fact you cannot do at Tynie!)

I've had some splendid days out there, atmosphere will be great - especially as we'll fit even more of the famous in!!!

By far the best stadium in Edinburgh and they let you drink pints while taking in the game (which I know for a fact you cannot do at Tynie!)

:vrface:

The Brewery

This has to be the best option for us to be honest...

I've had some splendid days out there, atmosphere will be great - especially as we'll fit even more of the famous in!!!

You haven't a clue.

Can I help you with something?!

You can buy me a pint at a football game in scotland.

Watt-Zeefuik

Setting aside for the moment whether it's a good idea, there's a lot in the "this could never work" vein here that I don't think is quite right.

FoH could approach Ukio and UBIG administrators with something a bit less than ?1 mil and say, "keep Tynecastle as security on the debt. Sell us the club, the player contracts, the name, the history, and the bins of supporters scarves in that warehouse over there." Strictly speaking, this would be allowing the Ukio administrator to foreclose on Tynecastle, erasing ?15m in debt. FoH would then effectively pay some small amount (<?1m) to the UBIG administrator for all shares held in HoMFC llc. This would result in a Hearts organization that was debt free but held no stadium.

Now to get back to whether this is a good idea. I don't think it is, but would you rather have Hearts playing at Murrayfield or no Hearts at all?

Watt-Zeefuik

For what it's worth, I'm guessing Murrayfield rents would be ?10k/match or so.

Sarcasm with a capital 'Z'.

In the midden but, I can already smell the roses.

....or...."We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars."

A lucky bag for the first person to guess the author of the above!

Oscar Wilde!

Correct.......unfortunately,I haven't seen a lucky bag for aboot 40 years so....em....just a well done i'm afraid,mate!

Archived