1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

From Hearts Website

Jimmy Sandison has urged supporters to donate money to the 1874 Fighting Fund, as it continues to provide funding for essential maintenance at Tynecastle.

More work has been carried out this week on the Main Stand as the start of the new Scottish Premiership season draws closer, and Jimmy hopes that more money raised in the near future will go a long way to keeping Tynecastle running.

Speaking to Hearts News, Jimmy, who is a Trustee of the Fighting Fund, said: "Most of our fund at the moment is being put towards essential work at Tynecastle. The windows at the front of the Main Stand are in dire need of repair, for example. The money raised in the Fighting Fund is being used immediately for the benefit of the club.

"It doesn't stop though; we need people to put as much money in as they can. The fundraisers have been put on the back burner for just now, just because everyone else at the moment is trying to raise funds for the club. We've given everybody a wee respite but we're asking people to try and contribute if they can, via the Fighting Fund website.

"Our fundraisers are going to start up again very shortly. We've got a couple of great wee ideas coming up that'll entice

and get them involved. Any money put in will help us to take on the future and help this wonderful club that we all love and support."

John McDonald, of M&J McDonald, has been asked by the Fighting Fund to liaise with fellow tradesman and get them involved with carrying out the maintenance work. He said: "There's just so much to do, it really does go on and on.

"At the moment we're doing a bit of the stonework and repairing it all, for example Fraser's Masonry have been cleaning up and restoring the plaque on the Main Stand. The guys have been boarding up the unused windows at the top, on both sides while roof work is being carried out for free by William Harris at WH Construction.

0,,10289~12107257,00.jpg

"Jobs that really desperately need done are new windows along the front of the Main Stand. The windows are the priority and hopefully some money can be raised so that can be taken care of.

"There are quite a lot of jobs still outstanding. There's downpipes being painted at the moment by Marvin Thomason and Stephen Gallacher, then we have to go into the stadium next week to prepare for the derby match."

The 1874 Fighting Fund aim to raise money for the benefit of Hearts, both now and into the future and regardless of who controls the club.

M&J McDonald are electoral contractors who can be contacted on 01506 891 876. Fraser's Masonry provide high quality stonework and masonry services through east and central Scotland, their website is www.frasersmasonry.com.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday work began on some essential maintenance work at Tynecastle, at a cost of approximately ?5,000, this is being paid for in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

You have my full support, however, I hope you can understand that many, if not all supporters, are more concerned about the present status of the football club than of the material well being of its facilities. No point in carrying out essential maintenance of Tynecastle if it is not going to be Hearts' home in the long run.

For me, all my spare finances are channelled to FOH as they are the only act in town that can save the club. Once the ownership question is settled and the club is on a more sound footing then I will support the 1874FF in more depth.

HHGH

1874 Fighting Fund

You have my full support, however, I hope you can understand that many, if not all supporters, are more concerned about the present status of the football club than of the material well being of its facilities. No point in carrying out essential maintenance of Tynecastle if it is not going to be Hearts' home in the long run.

For me, all my spare finances are channelled to FOH as they are the only act in town that can save the club. Once the ownership question is settled and the club is on a more sound footing then I will support the 1874FF in more depth.

HHGH

As fans ourselves, 1874 Fighting Fund absolutely understand and respect your position.

The one point to make is that the work we are involved in is almost entirely "essential maintenance" rather than just being cosmetic. For example had the old non-slip paint not been removed, and new non-slip paint applied to the steps at the Roseburn Stand, there was a very real chance that stand may not have been available for last Sunday's derby, depriving the Club of a substantial amount of desperately needed revenue.

The 1874 Fighting Fund recognise that particularily in the current economic climate, very few supporters will be able to do everything that they might want to, and that some difficult choices do need to be made.

1874 Fighting Fund

We are regularly in talks with Hearts and BDO regarding what the 1874 Fighting Fund can help the Club with next. Obviously the Club themselves will know what work they consider to be essential, what is their priority, and that is what we will look to help them with.

What the 1874 Fighting Fund can do to help Hearts is limited only by the generosity and ability of fans to make donations to us, we do fully appreciate that some may not agree with us, and we respect their right to that position. As we are all Hearts fans ourselves, we do also realise all the different calls being made on the "maroon pound" recently, and that many fans may not be able to do all that they may want to.

What fans are willing and able to donate to the 1874 Fighting Fund is down to their own individual circumstances, and their own individual conscience. We have no minimum donation (and no maximum!) and we are delighted to receive any amount, be it a few pounds each week, or a single lump sum. Money left in the kitty at a night out, some overtime at work, a win at the bookies, a bonus, all we ask is that you remember us, and consider us, but any decision is yours, and will be respected by us.

The 1874 Fighting Fund, our donors and supporters, ask the Club for nothing in return, we do this for our love of Heart of Midlothian FC.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do to help the Club, regardless of who the owner happens to be.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I would imagine that the funds required by the FF, are nowhere near as much as those needed by FoH?

I married in to an Indian/Scottish family and one of the things that confused and amused me no end, was the whole extra pound thing. You don't give 20 quid, you give 21 quid instead. This is for bizarre superstitious reasons and traditions rather than for accumulating money... however... if I was to add up all the extra pounds over and above the baseline ten and 20 spots for wedding, anniversary and birthday presents... this would still be a significant amount.

The above would be my recommended approach. Donate to FoH, make it a multiple of ten, but then fling in another two or three quid to FF every time you do it.

Great efforts. What a difference. Any chance we can paint the faded pink on the wheatfield painted maroon?, that would be class with the white stand supports behind each goal.

• 1 month later...
1874 Fighting Fund

Great efforts. What a difference. Any chance we can paint the faded pink on the wheatfield painted maroon?, that would be class with the white stand supports behind each goal.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Work being done for purely cosmetic reasons is not likely to be funded by the 1874 Fighting Fund, but if the Club felt that the painting required to be done for more "structural" reasons and requested we help with funding, we would consider it.

1874 Fighting Fund

The 1874 Fighting Fund has recently received some substantial donations, for which we are extremely grateful. The individuals, and groups, responsible for these donations have been contacted individually to thank them, but we also wanted to thank them publicly for their incredible generosity.

St Johnstone Fc - ?2,800

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - ?2,250

Gregorski (from JKB) - ?5,725

We also took part in a joint venture with the Sean Foster Foundation, which netted the 1874 Fighting Fund ?450.

In line with our policy of financial transparency, we will have an updated balance of accounts on our website as soon as we are able, but were conscious it was taking time, and felt it better to let you all know about these generous donations via Kickback in the first instance.

I love the support that other clubs are showing to us, well done Gregorski as well. That is a fantastic donation!

Thanks for the update and also a big thanks to the 3 donators I hope we can return the favour sometime.

The 1874 Fighting Fund has recently received some substantial donations, for which we are extremely grateful. The individuals, and groups, responsible for these donations have been contacted individually to thank them, but we also wanted to thank them publicly for their incredible generosity.

St Johnstone Fc - ?2,800

We also took part in a joint venture with the Sean Foster Foundation, which netted the 1874 Fighting Fund ?450.

In line with our policy of financial transparency, we will have an updated balance of accounts on our website as soon as we are able, but were conscious it was taking time, and felt it better to let you all know about these generous donations via Kickback in the first instance.

1874 Fighting Fund

As many of you will now be aware, the 1874 Fighting Fund have agreed to fund an overnight stay for the first team squad, on Friday 20th September, prior to their game against Ross County on Saturday 21st September.

Supporters need to be aware that as administrators BDO are quite tightly bound (often by law) in what they can, and cannot, do to assist the footballing side of the Club, and from a Creditor's point of view the overnight stay would not be a necessary expense. Gary Locke and his back room staff were very keen to avoid the players having the long bus journey on the morning of the game, and the 1874 Fighting Fund were approached to ask if we could help with this.

While this was perhaps not the sort of request we had envisaged receiving, the 1874 Fighting Fund Trustees were unanimous that in the Club's current circumstances it was entirely appropriate for us to make the offer to fund this in full, and we are glad that BDO have felt able to accept it.

We hope that supporters can see from this latest collaboration that the 1874 Fighting Fund as an organisation, are continuing to work closely with Heart of Midlothian FC, and with BDO, to ensure that any monies paid are being used to the benefit of our football club. Our ability to fund any initiatives like this, or like the critical work that was carried out on the Stadium, is limited only by the generous backing we have received. Put simply, the more money we get in, the more we are able to do to assist the Club we all love.

Fantastic work by all and no need to justify yourselves. I would think it would be those in the extreme minority who'd have an issue with you guys paying for the hotel, it's hardly as if the players are going on a jolly it's about given the team the best preparation for what is a vital game.

1874 Fighting Fund

Fantastic work by all and no need to justify yourselves. I would think it would be those in the extreme minority who'd have an issue with you guys paying for the hotel, it's hardly as if the players are going on a jolly it's about given the team the best preparation for what is a vital game.

Thank you for your support.

Just for clarity, the post was done to give supporters a small bit of background into how this came about, rather than as a response to anything else.

The 1874 Fighting Fund were also very keen to be able to demonstrate once again that we are frequently in contact with David Southern, with Gary Locke, and with BDO, The funding of the hotel stay is something that has been jointly agreed between the three parties involved (Hearts, BDO, and the 1874 FF) there are no good guys / bad guys in this scenario.

As many of you will now be aware, the 1874 Fighting Fund have agreed to fund an overnight stay for the first team squad, on Friday 20th September, prior to their game against Ross County on Saturday 21st September.

Supporters need to be aware that as administrators BDO are quite tightly bound (often by law) in what they can, and cannot, do to assist the footballing side of the Club, and from a Creditor's point of view the overnight stay would not be a necessary expense. Gary Locke and his back room staff were very keen to avoid the players having the long bus journey on the morning of the game, and the 1874 Fighting Fund were approached to ask if we could help with this.

While this was perhaps not the sort of request we had envisaged receiving, the 1874 Fighting Fund Trustees were unanimous that in the Club's current circumstances it was entirely appropriate for us to make the offer to fund this in full, and we are glad that BDO have felt able to accept it.

We hope that supporters can see from this latest collaboration that the 1874 Fighting Fund as an organisation, are continuing to work closely with Heart of Midlothian FC, and with BDO, to ensure that any monies paid are being used to the benefit of our football club. Our ability to fund any initiatives like this, or like the critical work that was carried out on the Stadium, is limited only by the generous backing we have received. Put simply, the more money we get in, the more we are able to do to assist the Club we all love.

A good use of funds, I think.

Well done to all contributors, organsisers and decision makers.

St Johnstone Fc - ?2,800

:arry: :arry:

Great news and totally appropriate use of the cash too IMO.

And GREGORSKI? My word. What's the story there? Amazing.

The Hearts Drawings he did.

Fantastic work!

Great news and totally appropriate use of the cash too IMO.

And GREGORSKI? My word. What's the story there? Amazing.

The canvas prints he made

Well done to all involved. The work that the FF have done in aiding our club is to say the least fantastic. The contributions made by organisations and individuals is outstanding. Personally I have bought shares, a season ticket , merchandise and have donated to the JKB. I wish I could do more but unfortunately I can't. I know there are lots like me and the majority will be frustrated they can't do more. Roll on the euro lotto tonight you never know. I just want to say a big THANKS to you all. :2thumbsup:

Dagger Is Back

Very appropriate in the circumstances.

Dagger Is Back

St Johnstone Fc - ?2,800

Take a bow Gregorski!

The Fighting Fund is doing a great job, and everyone involved deserves the thanks of Hearts supporters everywhere.

An especially big "Thank you" to JKB's Gregorski for his wonderful gesture. :bravo:

Hearts are a big enough beast to have more than one avenue to raise money for the club.

If we are going to give money to support our club, we will give it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having several options available.

FoH is my priority to secure our long term future, but beyond that if we come through the mist all avenues ought to be supported.

1874 Fighting Fund
Well done to all involved. The work that the FF have done in aiding our club is to say the least fantastic. The contributions made by organisations and individuals is outstanding. Personally I have bought shares, a season ticket , merchandise and have donated to the JKB. I wish I could do more but unfortunately I can't. I know there are lots like me and the majority will be frustrated they can't do more. Roll on the euro lotto tonight you never know. I just want to say a big THANKS to you all.

While it is undoubtably true that the more money the 1874 Fighting Fund raise, the more we can do to the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, as fans ourselves we fully appreciate that many supporters are just not able to do all they may wish to.

All we ask is that fans are aware of us, aware of what we do, and that they remember us if their circumstances change in such a way that they find can contribute, no matter the size of the contribution.

Meantime we thank you all, and the Management Team of JKB, for your continued backing and support.

The Hearts Drawings he did.

Fantastic work!

Finally hung my framed print in my hall today, even my daughter was impressed with it.

Money well spent and glad that the money raised is being spent wisely. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
lost in leith

The trustees of the 1874 Fighting Fund would like to thank everyone who has supported the Fund recently, in particular -

Orwell Hearts Supporters Club - at a recent function the Club presented Jimmy Sandison and Scott Crabbe with a cheque for ?851.

Quiz night at Merchiston Hearts Social Club - this event raised ?855. Thanks to everyone who supported the event,our special guest Rudi Skacel, the Club for

Kickback book auction - thanks to everyone involved.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/135473-auction-item-with-proceeds-going-to-the-1874ff-5-1-book-signed-by-rudi-skacel/page__p__3965774#entry3965774

We have also received a number of individual donations ranging from ?10 to ?600. Thanks to each and every one of you.

We will post further information soon, including details of further fund raising activity and financial support for the Club.

• 2 months later...
1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund Update - April 2014

As, late last year, and early this year, the uncertainties over Hearts? situation had resulted in fans being heavily involved in fund raising, the Trustees of the 1874 Fighting Fund decided to step back from actively seeking to raise money. Our aim however, remains the same, which is to ?to raise money for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, both now and into the future, regardless of who controls the club?, and we have still been working away in the background towards that aim. The Trustees are now looking to become more active in raising funds, and would like to provide supporters with an update on the Fighting Fund?s position.

The Trustees have been both gratified and humbled by the generous donations continuing to be made from various sources. These are all detailed on our website, but some are also worth repeating here;

? Orwell Hearts Supporters Club have donated over ?1,400;

? Gregor Louden (Gregorski on Jambos Kickback) donated nearly ?6,000 from sales of his art work;

? ?500 from Jambos Kickback (thank you all again); and

? individual donations ranging from a few pounds up to ?600.

We are eternally grateful to all these groups and individuals for their generosity, as the more money we raise, the more we can spend to benefit the Club we all love. More detailed information is available on our website at www.1874fightingfund.com

We are in regular contact with the Club, and have met with BDO, and Ann Budge is currently trying to arrange to meet with us. The main areas of expenditure since the start of the season are as follows;

Over ?3,000 on work in the ground including repairs, painting, and plastering, following water damage from a leak in a flat roof at the rear of the main stand.

Over ?2,000 to pay for accommodation for the players and the coaching staff the night before the Ross County game in September.

More detailed information is available on our website at www.1874fightingfund.com

Supporters will be aware of the Club?s two unsuccessful attempts to sign Rudi Skacel. What you may not be aware of was that the 1874 Fighting Fund had been approached to assist with what had been thought would be a successful effort to sign him. After careful consideration, the Trustees decided unanimously to spend ?3,000 for accommodation for Rudi Skacel, to allow him to work with Hearts, and assist in fund raising, over a three month period. The following message has been received from Gary Locke;

"I'd like to thank everyone connected with the 1874 Fighting Fund for their help in bringing Rudi back to Hearts. His presence around the Club has been priceless, he is a legend amongst the fans and having him around Tynecastle and Edinburgh has given the fans a lift in these very tough times. Also as we are all aware we have a very young first team squad at present and Rudi's involvement on the training field and Riccarton has helped immensely in the development of these young players. That can only help Hearts in the long run. Unfortunately circumstances prevented Rudi from pulling on the Hearts strip this season. Of course this was hugely frustrating for Rudi, myself, the Club and of course the fans but you never know what the future holds. If Rudi does get the chance to sign for Hearts again the 1874 Fighting Fund will have helped smooth the way."

Rudi attended a Quiz Night at Merchiston Hearts in November (which generated profits of over ?850) and a recent dinner at Bainfield Bowling Club (which generated profits of over ?5,500).

Rudi will be attending future fund raising events ? details of these events will be published on our website and Jambos Kickback very soon.

The Trustees (and other supporters who help with the work of the Fighting Fund) are all doing so on a purely voluntary basis, in their spare time. This has meant that our communications have not always been as good as we would have liked, but we are currently working on some initiatives to help improve this, and would like to thank you for your patience.

Most of all though, the Trustees would like to thank you for your continued support and generosity, as the more funds we have available, the more we can do to benefit Heart of Midlothian Football Club, the club we all love and support.

Finally, the Trustees would like to congratulate all the other supporters groups and individuals who have done so much to help the Club in recent times.

The Trustees of the 1874 Fighting Fund

davemclaren

Thanks for the update. One of the reasons for the Fund was a lack of financial transparency under the previous regime. Given the club will, all going to plan, be ultimately be owned by the fans do you see a need for the Fund to continue on indefinitely?

blondejamtart

The 1874 FF have always stated that the intention was to continue indefinitely and continue to provide support in the long term, even under fan ownership.

1874 Fighting Fund
Thanks for the update. One of the reasons for the Fund was a lack of financial transparency under the previous regime. Given the club will, all going to plan, be ultimately be owned by the fans do you see a need for the Fund to continue on indefinitely?

The 1874 Fighting Fund was set up with the specific aim "to raise money for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, both now and into the future, regardless of who controls our Club."

It is very important to the Trustees that all the monies raised and spent by the 1874FF are done so in a fully transparent way. This was why the group was set up as a legally constituted Trust, and why it publishes it's financial information on it's Website.

While as fans ourselves, we are all hoping for good news in the coming days and weeks. As an organisation the 1874FF currently see no reason why they would want to do anything other than to continue to raise funds for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian FC - the Club we all love - regardless of who controls it.

davemclaren

The 1874 Fighting Fund was set up with the specific aim "to raise money for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, both now and into the future, regardless of who controls our Club."

It is very important to the Trustees that all the monies raised and spent by the 1874FF are done so in a fully transparent way. This was why the group was set up as a legally constituted Trust, and why it publishes it's financial information on it's Website.

While as fans ourselves, we are all hoping for good news in the coming days and weeks. As an organisation the 1874FF currently see no reason why they would want to do anything other than to continue to raise funds for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian FC - the Club we all love - regardless of who controls it.

Thanks for the reply.

Trained One

1874 Fighting Fund Update - April 2014

The Trustees have been both gratified and humbled by the generous donations continuing to be made from various sources. These are all detailed on our website, but some are also worth repeating here;

? Orwell Hearts Supporters Club have donated over ?1,400;

? Gregor Louden (Gregorski on Jambos Kickback) donated nearly ?6,000 from sales of his art work;

? ?500 from Jambos Kickback (thank you all again); and

? individual donations ranging from a few pounds up to ?600.

Will pass on your thanks to all our members at Orwell Hearts. Keep up the good work, as together we'll keep our Hearts beating....FTH

Fantastic stuff and well done to all those who raised funds.

JKB has donated twice to the FF, and it's paid members like you who make that possible. :thumbsup:

1874 Fighting Fund

Will pass on your thanks to all our members at Orwell Hearts. Keep up the good work, as together we'll keep our Hearts beating....FTH

Please do, your members have been very generous, and the more money we raise the more we can do to benefit the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund

JKB has donated twice to the FF, and it's paid members like you who make that possible.

JKB has been generous in it's financial donations, but also in allowing the 1874FF this facility, something for which we are very greatfull. Thank you.

Whilst I applaud any monies being raised for the benefit of the club, I think paying Rudi's rent is a bit odd.

kylelauren01

Whilst I applaud any monies being raised for the benefit of the club, I think paying Rudi's rent is a bit odd.

Speculate to accumulate?

Speculate to accumulate?

Firstly, you'd be "gambling" with Hearts fans donations. Secondly, I'm not sure what there would be there to accumulate. If Hearts get to the stage where we can sign players and he is unsigned, he would sign. Whether he was at home or here. IMO.

Archived