1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1874 Fighting Fund
The away end? :seething:

In all seriousness despite my dismay at the FF's timing this is top work :thumbsup:

Thank you for your support.

1874 Fighting Fund

Well done to all involved, from those donating, to those from the 1874 FF.

Top work :thumbsup:

Thank you for your support.

1874 Fighting Fund
?19.02 donated.

Thank you. Quite simply the more we raise, the more we can spend to benefit the Club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

While we agree, it's maybe worth just clarifying that it is special non-slip paint used on the steps. This maintenance is crucial to the Club's Safety Certificate, and so the work the 1874 Fighting Fund are paying for is more than just cosmetic.

Noted. Cheers. I stand by my post though, even with this in mind. It's nice to feel happy with the look of your surroundings, and that looks much better. :)

1874 Fighting Fund

Text from the article on Hearts Website;

"The 1874 Fighting Fund has made its first contribution to Heart of Midlothian Football Club following two fundraisers.

The Fighting Fund, whose aim is to raise money for the benefit of the club, both now and in the future, has paid for essential maintenance work to be carried out at Tynecastle Stadium over the past few weeks, with the main focus being on cleaning and painting the steps leading up to the back of the stands.

Speaking to Hearts News, Keith Hogg, Stadium and Security Manager, said: ?The steps are covered in an anti-slipping coating and the last thing we want is people to hurt themselves when they come to Tynecastle, so it?s definitely a safety issue.

?It?s basically a case of trying to get the bits and pieces round the stadium painted, making it look a lot better, replacing gates here and there, etc. It?s not big and it?s not exciting but it?s essential, and that?s what we?re trying to do.?

Former Hearts player and current 1874 Fighting Fund Trustee Jimmy Sandison has been involved with fundraising and is in constant dialogue with the club. He told Hearts News: ?We?ve had two fundraisers and quite simply the fund is all about the immediate, the middle and the future for this club. We?ll always be here, no matter who is in charge, and the bottom line is we want this fund to help the club immediately.

?With the two fundraisers we?ve had we?ve been able to address, through Keith Hogg and the club, some health and safety issues on the steps and walkways that are critical for the season ahead so that?s where most of the funds have went at this particular moment. I?m really pleased, I?ve been to have a look at it and it looks fantastic. The two guys, Marvin and Stevie, have worked their socks off for the last three weeks and it?s looking great.

?We talk on a weekly basis with people at the club to ask them: ?Is there anything we can help with?? and obviously there are many things. It?s just great to be able to go back to people who have come to these fundraisers and say: ?That?s where your money has went?. It?s a light at the end of tunnel for a lot of people, they?re really pleased that money has been generated and it?s going to something that?s critical and visual and the guys have done a great job.

?We?re just starting. There?s going to be more fundraisers ahead, again to generate money to simply put right back in to this club and keep this club going forward. Like any fundraising we need a stable amount of money coming in, through donations and things like that. It?s all going to a terrific cause and I can only thank the people who have attended and donated and I hope they keep doing that.

?Money is not limited to stadium repairs. It will go towards absolutely anything that we, as trustees, and the club deem as critical. Simple as that. It?s for this football club. Whatever it wants and we can help with, then it?ll be top of the list.?

Details on how donations can be made and news on future fundraisers can be found at the 1874 Fighting Fund website."

1874 Fighting Fund

Excellent stuff.

Are they painting all the stair ways inside the stadium? Looking at the middle picture there, that looks like the Roseburn stand stair way that has been painted.

Apologies for the delay in replying.

We are currently in talks with Hearts regarding what the 1874 Fighting Fund can help them with next. Obviously the Club themselves will know what work they consider to be their priority, and that is what we will look to help them with.

What the 1874 Fighting Fund can do to help Hearts is limited only by the generosity and ability of fans to make donations to us. We fully appreciate that some may not agree with us, and we respect their right to that position. As we are all Hearts fans ourselves, we do also realise all the different calls being made on the "maroon pound" recently, and that many fans may not be able to do all that they may want to.

What fans are willing and able to donate to the 1874 Fighting Fund is down to their own individual circumstances, and their own individual conscience. We have no minimum donation (and no maximum!) and we are delighted to receive any amount, be it a few pounds each week, or a single lump sum. Money left in the kitty at a night out, some overtime at work, a win at the bookies, a bonus, all we ask is that you remember us, and consider us, but any decision is yours, and will be respected by us.

The 1874 Fighting Fund, our donors and supporters, ask the Club for nothing in return, we do this for our love of Heart of Midlothian FC.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do to help the Club, regardless of who the owner happens to be.

kingantti1874

Can the 1874FF help pay the remainder of our outstanding tax bill, or look to organise specific fund raising to address that immediate need and buy some time... I'd certainly contribute..

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Apologies for the delay in replying.

We are currently in talks with Hearts regarding what the 1874 Fighting Fund can help them with next. Obviously the Club themselves will know what work they consider to be their priority, and that is what we will look to help them with.

What the 1874 Fighting Fund can do to help Hearts is limited only by the generosity and ability of fans to make donations to us. We fully appreciate that some may not agree with us, and we respect their right to that position. As we are all Hearts fans ourselves, we do also realise all the different calls being made on the "maroon pound" recently, and that many fans may not be able to do all that they may want to.

What fans are willing and able to donate to the 1874 Fighting Fund is down to their own individual circumstances, and their own individual conscience. We have no minimum donation (and no maximum!) and we are delighted to receive any amount, be it a few pounds each week, or a single lump sum. Money left in the kitty at a night out, some overtime at work, a win at the bookies, a bonus, all we ask is that you remember us, and consider us, but any decision is yours, and will be respected by us.

The 1874 Fighting Fund, our donors and supporters, ask the Club for nothing in return, we do this for our love of Heart of Midlothian FC.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do to help the Club, regardless of who the owner happens to be.

I was skeptical in the beginning, but you guys are doing a sterling job and I doubt any Hearts supporter would say otherwise. I'll donate again come pay day. :thumb:

1874 Fighting Fund
Can the 1874FF help pay the remainder of our outstanding tax bill, or look to organise specific fund raising to address that immediate need and buy some time... I'd certainly contribute..

The 1874 Fighting Fund Trustees are meeting on Thursday 13th, and will be discussing this. We will report back on here as soon after that as we can, and on Friday 14th at the latest.

The main limiting factor that the 1874 Fighting Fund have, is the level of donations. While we are grateful for every single pound, and every single pound does make a positive difference to Heart of Midlothian FC, the more money that is donated to us, the more we can do with it.

Have any wealthy individuals been approached for donations?

I remember there was a guy who bought 2 of the most expensive share packages in December that might donate.

What about ex players? The Mercer family?

The pieman would prove a lot if people wrong if he made a significant donation.

It really sounds bad just now at the Club.

I'll make a donation shortly.

They'll prob only have ?2-3k left after the painting work which is a drop in the ocean of the amount we need. This is no slight on the FF as they are going a fantastic job, but they're not intended for bailouts on the scale Hearts need

Might sound like a silly question, but with regards to main stand repairs, is it possible that any tradesmen within the hearts support could help out in some way? Example being my dad is a semi retired carpet fitter and he would be happy to fit them free of charge. I imagine the work in the main stand would require a different type of tradesman, but you get my drift.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Might sound like a silly question, but with regards to main stand repairs, is it possible that any tradesmen within the hearts support could help out in some way? Example being my dad is a semi retired carpet fitter and he would be happy to fit them free of charge. I imagine the work in the main stand would require a different type of tradesman, but you get my drift.

Absolutely. Hope so. I'll do a bit of labouring etc, if needed.

1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund Trustees already had a meeting arranged for this evening, and we will discuss the points raised on this thread at that. We will endeavour to get responses on here, either later tonight, or early tomorrow.

Thank you for your suggestions and donations.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

1874 Fighting Fund Trustees already had a meeting arranged for this evening, and we will discuss the points raised on this thread at that. We will endeavour to get responses on here, either later tonight, or early tomorrow.

Thank you for your suggestions and donations.

More power to you.

I'm on board. Goes a shout and if I can help physically or financially, I will.

1874 Fighting Fund

PLEASE NOTE:

For clarity, the 1874 Fighting Fund are independent of Hearts, and of any other supporters groups or organisations.

Any fund raising that 1874 Fighting Fund propose to carry out, will be publicised on here, and on our Website.

These are the only two official means of communication that we will use, so if something is on the Website, or on here, you can be confident that it is being done for, and on behalf of, the 1874 Fighting Fund.

Thank you.

1874 Fighting Fund

We are currently in the process of organising some fund raising events, though they are not likely to be imminent.

We have spoken to the Club regarding this, and they have requested that we continue to fund the type of work we had been. Obviously, every pound we can spend on this essential work is a pound that Hearts then save, and can spend as they see fit.

1874 Fighting Fund have a PayPal option for donations, and it can be accessed from our website.

1874 Fighting Fund

I was skeptical in the beginning, but you guys are doing a sterling job and I doubt any Hearts supporter would say otherwise. I'll donate again come pay day. :thumb:

Thank you for your continuing support.

1874 Fighting Fund
What's the current balance?

We have received about ?1,000 in donations since the website and PayPal account went live. The more detailed income / expenditure information, and balance will be updated on the website over the weekend.

1874 Fighting Fund
Have any wealthy individuals been approached for donations?

I remember there was a guy who bought 2 of the most expensive share packages in December that might donate.

What about ex players? The Mercer family?

The pieman would prove a lot if people wrong if he made a significant donation.

It really sounds bad just now at the Club.

I'll make a donation shortly.

Any donations that 1874 Fighting Fund receive are treated as confidential, but we have received some from past players and present players, and would hope to receive more in the future as we become more established. Several have also be very generous in donating raffle prizes / auction items, and in offering their own time to help support events.

The 1874 Fighting Fund have not targeted any individuals, as we did feel that was appropriate. As we get better established we will be looking to specifically target some of our fund raising events at companies / individuals, and that perhaps the average fan could not afford, but the majority of them will be set to be as inclusive as possible.

1874 Fighting Fund
Any chance of helping the club pay the money owed by this weekend?

Please see the reply given in post #274

1874 Fighting Fund
Main stand repairs? I'm ready to roll. How much do we need?

Hearts have not made us aware of any specific issues with the main stand, nor asked for assistance in funding any work there.

1874 Fighting Fund

This is something that we are looking at, and we are currently consulting our legal advisors about how we could best achieve it. Thank you for taking the time to suggest this.

1874 Fighting Fund
Any word on fund raisers yet ?

We are currently working on three different events, and hope to be able to announce the details shortly.

1874 Fighting Fund
Donation made.

Thank you for your donation. The more money that is donated to 1874 Fighting Fund, the more we can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund
What's the current balance?

The up to date financial information is now on the 1874 Fighting Fund website.

If we do go into admin would the 1874FF consider raising funds to recompense some of the small creditors who will be left out of pocket ?

Stuff HMRC and UBIG :D

• 3 weeks later...
1874 Fighting Fund

The 1874 Fighting Fund would like to thank Prestonpans Hearts Supporters Club, and their members, for their donation.

1874 Fighting Fund

The 1874 Fighting Fund Trustees would like to thank the organisers of the Family Fun Day for deciding to give all profits from this event to the Fund.

It looks like they have a fantastic day planned, and the weather looks like being kind as well, so we would urge all Hearts fans who are able to, to get along to Tynecastle to support this event.

post-25461-13730217916977_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1874 Fighting Fund

1874 FIGHTING FUND - Statement (24th July 2013)

?At the time Hearts went into administration, the Trustees of the 1874 Fighting Fund took the unanimous decision to temporarily suspend their fundraising activities, until the Club?s situation was slightly clearer. Since then BDO were appointed as administrators, and they asked that Hearts Supporters back the Club with buying Season Tickets, as that would allow the Club to keep trading until, hopefully, a new owner can be secured.

As that immediate threat to the Club has now passed, the Trustees feel that now is the appropriate time for the Fighting Fund to resume its activities. As Hearts fans themselves, the Trustees and backers of the 1874 Fighting Fund will have their own personal views and opinions regarding Hearts? ownership, however as an organisation we are completely neutral, and, to quote from our web page; ?The aim of The 1874 Fighting Fund is to raise money for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, both now and into the future regardless of who controls the Club.?

We have spoken to Keith Hogg (Hearts Stadium Manager) as well as David Southern, and they are both very keen for us to recommence raising funds, and assist them by paying for essential maintenance work to be carried out for the Club?s benefit. This is work that requires to be done for the coming season, regardless of who may own the Club, and regardless of whether the Club may start the season still in administration.

The 1874 Fighting Fund have also been in formal contact with the administrators (BDO) and provided them with a copy of our legal documentation. Trevor Birch of BDO is very appreciative of what we are doing, and asked that the 1874 Fighting Fund ?keeps up the good work?.

The more money that the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, means the more money can be spent by us on essential maintenance work at Tynecastle. That in turn frees up more money to be spent on the football side of things, whether that be by the administrators, or by any new owners.?

The Trustees ? 1874 Fighting Fund

There was going to be a five aside tournament at the wheatfield pitch to raise funds, this has been cancelled. Is there plans to have the tournament at another date?

1874 Fighting Fund

There was going to be a five aside tournament at the wheatfield pitch to raise funds, this has been cancelled. Is there plans to have the tournament at another date?

The five a side tournament has not been cancelled, but postponed.

As soon as the 1874 Fighting Fund are able to confirm a rearranged date, we will notify people via this thread, and via our website.

Any idea what needs done next? The before and after shot of the steps being painted and being told how much it costs was very effective. You only need to see the fund raising efforts on here to see how folk respond to being set a target. If you were to say that the toilets in the Whatfield need redoing and it's cost ?X , that would help motivate people to contribute.

1874 Fighting Fund

What's the next project for the 1874FF ?

In the first instance, following discussions with BDO and Hearts, the 1974 Fighting Fund will be paying for the painting work done in the Roseburn Stand, to also be carried out in the Wheatfield and Gorgie Stands as necessary.

1874 Fighting Fund

Any idea what needs done next? The before and after shot of the steps being painted and being told how much it costs was very effective. You only need to see the fund raising efforts on here to see how folk respond to being set a target. If you were to say that the toilets in the Whatfield need redoing and it's cost ?X , that would help motivate people to contribute.

We are currently in talks with the Club regarding work they wish done on some old wooden framing on the outside of the Main Stand. As soon as we have prices we will let people know, and while not quite so easy to do as the work is at height, we will try to again get "before" and "after" photographs.

• 3 weeks later...
1874 Fighting Fund

Apologies to all for not keeping people as up to date as we would have liked, but this was due to a combination of some IT issues, and holidays.

There will be an update put out shortly, and in the meantime the 1874 Fighting Fund accounts to 12/08/13 have been published on our website.

http://www.1874fightingfund.com/latest.html

1874 Fighting Fund

?50 donated.

Thank you for your donation, and apologies in the delay in expressing our gratitude.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do to help the Club.

I like the transparency..

Is there no way the 1874 fighting fund can team up with the facebook page i saw for people with skills/trades to help out Hearts..

Maybe that could help to keep the costs down (the cost to repaint steps seems expensive however i know that its costly to get painters to do anything)

1874 Fighting Fund
I like the transparency..

Is there no way the 1874 fighting fund can team up with the facebook page i saw for people with skills/trades to help out Hearts..

Maybe that could help to keep the costs down (the cost to repaint steps seems expensive however i know that its costly to get painters to do anything)

1874 Fighting Fund are currently working to create a database which would hold details of supporters able to offer specific skills, services, materials, or even just some of their time, to help out the Club.

We have discussed this with the Club, have been in touch with the group you speak of, and are now in talks with people with knowledge of how best to achieve with while complying with Data Protection, Procurement, and Health & Safety Legislation.

We will publicise the details here, when we have them.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Archived