1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

Pictures showing the work in progress - the old and flaking paint is being removed, in preparation for new paint to be applied.

5yra2atu.jpg

depeneru.jpg

yzesuzu3.jpg

zuba3e8a.jpg

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

First, this thread has transformed my views on the Fighting Fund. The seem to be doing an excellent and practical job. Congratulations.

Second, and as a bit of an aside, I am a bit bit shocked by the state of the new stands shown in the pictures. Since my ST is in the main stand it is a few years since I have been in any of the new stands. Maybe the wear and tear shown is superficial, but they don't seem to be wearing well. If I remember there was talk of a design life of 20 years or so when they were built, and maybe that was right. The 100 year old main stand, for all its inadequacies, looks in better nick and subject to whatever Health and Safety issues there are would I suspect comfortably outlive the new stands.

Great work. It may not all be glamorous, but at times like this its so welcome. Thanks.

1874 Fighting Fund

First, this thread has transformed my views on the Fighting Fund. The seem to be doing an excellent and practical job. Congratulations.

Second, and as a bit of an aside, I am a bit bit shocked by the state of the new stands shown in the pictures. Since my ST is in the main stand it is a few years since I have been in any of the new stands. Maybe the wear and tear shown is superficial, but they don't seem to be wearing well. If I remember there was talk of a design life of 20 years or so when they were built, and maybe that was right. The 100 year old main stand, for all its inadequacies, looks in better nick and subject to whatever Health and Safety issues there are would I suspect comfortably outlive the new stands.

Thank you for for your support.

Just to clarify, these photos show the stands after the old and loose paint has been scraped and blasted off by the workmen, and before the new paint has been applied. This work forms part of a regular, but essential, maintenance program that Hearts were going to be doing anyway, though this year the work has been paid for in full (materials and labour) by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

1874 Fighting Fund

Great work. It may not all be glamorous, but at times like this its so welcome. Thanks.

Thank you for your support.

Clerry Jambo

Just to clarify, these photos show the stands after the old and loose paint has been scraped and blasted off by the workmen, and before the new paint has been applied. This work forms part of a regular, but essential, maintenance program that Hearts were going to be doing anyway, though this year the work has been paid for in full (materials and labour) by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

Great stuff, well done

Maple Leaf

Those are the "before" pictures. I'm sure the "after" pictures will be awesome. :thumbsup:

Fermit the Krog

Aye, great stuff.

Would happily contribute to the cause.

Keep up the good work.

heartsfc_fan

Excellent stuff. Keep up the good work.

More pictures today?

1874 Fighting Fund

Those are the "before" pictures. I'm sure the "after" pictures will be awesome. :thumbsup:

With hindsight, we should have done "before", "during", and "after" photos.

What's posted above is "during", and when the work paid for by 1874 Fighting Fund is finished we will certainly post "after" photos.

1874 Fighting Fund
Aye, great stuff.

Would happily contribute to the cause.

Keep up the good work.

1874 Fighting Fund

Excellent stuff. Keep up the good work.

More pictures today?

As soon as I receive more photos of the work being paid for by the 1874 Fighting Fund, I will post them here.

How does one go about donating/towards this fund? And any chance one of the next things you look at is cleaning the frames of the three stands?

1874 Fighting Fund
How does one go about donating/towards this fund?

Our website will hopefully be up over the weekend and will have a Paypal facility. We will announce on here when it is up, as we think most would rather make any donation via Paypal.

However, if they wish, supporters can also pay donations directly into the 1874 Fighting Fund?s bank account.

The details are ?

Sort code ? 80-22-60

Bank Account number - 10795065

1874 Fighting Fund
....any chance one of the next things you look at is cleaning the frames of the three stands?

It is Hearts themselves who decide what work needs done, and when. We do not think it would be appropriate for 1874 Fighting Fund to be involved in that process, as Hearts will have a far clearer idea of what the priorities are.

If Hearts do decide that is something they wish to do, the 1874 Fighting Fund would have a conversation with them to see what we could do to assist them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This is good reading. It's unfortunate it was initially poorly launched and badly timed, as it could have had a fair bit in the pot, but this thread has been impressive and it looks like a genuinely good initiative.

Will be donating when I have a bit of spare cash. Well done to all involved.

This is good reading. It's unfortunate it was initially poorly launched and badly timed, as it could have had a fair bit in the pot, but this thread has been impressive and it looks like a genuinely good initiative.

Fair point,well made..also think the name'fighting fund' does not lend it self well to their intentions.

Our website will hopefully be up over the weekend and will have a Paypal facility. We will announce on here when it is up, as we think most would rather make any donation via Paypal.

However, if they wish, supporters can also pay donations directly into the 1874 Fighting Fund?s bank account.

The details are ?

Sort code ? 80-22-60

Most people will, I reckon, opt for PayPal, but can you list the international versions of the bank details - BIC and IBAN codes - for the benefit of people who want to contribute from outside the UK?

:thumbsup:

davemclaren

Fair point,well made..also think the name'fighting fund' does not lend it self well to their intentions.

I agree. Originally I was a bit suspicious about this initiative but it seems to be doing some really good stuff.

Francis Albert

Thanks. I should have realised that in any redecoration job you have first to go through the preparation phase which makes things look so much worse!

Most people will, I reckon, opt for PayPal, but can you list the international versions of the bank details - BIC and IBAN codes - for the benefit of people who want to contribute from outside the UK?

Bloody foreigners! :rolleyes:

In all honesty, I was, like others very sceptical about all of this, but the more I hear and read on here the more positive I am about it all.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Really pleased to see the Fighting Fund starting to communicate so transparently with the fans. Well done.

Harry Palmer

I can't remember what I thought (or if I commented) about this at the time it first appeared but as it was probably around the time of the "last game appeal", I would imagine it was probably negative.

This is better. Nice and simple with tangible results from the money given.

I'll donate. :)

Harry Palmer

Feckin' weegies. :mw_tease:

Same thing. :stuart:

1874 Fighting Fund

Thank you for your support

1874 Fighting Fund

One we would need to agree to disagree on.

1874 Fighting Fund

We'll look into this with the bank, and get back to you with the information.

1874 Fighting Fund

In all honesty, I was, like others very sceptical about all of this, but the more I hear and read on here the more positive I am about it all.

Hopefully, as time goes on, we can demonstrate that the 1874 Fighting Fund can be a positive addition to the Hearts community, and persuade more people to support us.

1874 Fighting Fund
Really pleased to see the Fighting Fund starting to communicate so transparently with the fans. Well done.

1874 Fighting Fund
I can't remember what I thought (or if I commented) about this at the time it first appeared but as it was probably around the time of the "last game appeal", I would imagine it was probably negative.

This is better. Nice and simple with tangible results from the money given.

I'll donate. :)

1874 Fighting Fund

That is the 1874 Fighting Fund website now up and running. It has, amongst other information, a link for anyone wishing to make a donation by Paypal.

Thank you.

www.1874fightingfund.com

Kalamazoo Jambo

That is the 1874 Fighting Fund website now up and running. It has, amongst other information, a link for anyone wishing to make a donation by Paypal.

Thank you.

www.1874fightingfund.com

(small) donation made :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I must say I was initially sceptical about the fighting fund during the share issue but my scepticism is assuaged by these events. At least you guys are doing something rather than talking a good game. Will make a donation later this month.

The details are ?

Sort code ? 80-22-60

Good stuff. I will see what I can do. If Injabe a slate few quid, I may aswell send it to you, since you seem to have successfully managed the incredibly difficult task of opening a bank account.

1874 Fighting Fund

(small) donation made :thumbsup:

Thank you, any donation, of any size, will always be much appreciated by 1874 Fighting Fund.

1874 Fighting Fund
I must say I was initially sceptical about the fighting fund during the share issue but my scepticism is assuaged by these events. At least you guys are doing something rather than talking a good game. Will make a donation later this month.

1874 Fighting Fund

Likewise, a wee donation from me. Every little helps, no doubt. :thumbsup:

As has been said previously 1874 Fighting Fund are grateful for any donation, from anyone, from anywhere, and of any size. Thank you.

Great idea and one I hope is a huge success.

I too will make a donation when I'm paid next month.

1874 Fighting Fund
Actions speak stronger than words. Well done!

Once again thank you for your support, and that of your team at JKB, it is very much appreciated by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

1874 Fighting Fund
Good stuff. I'll certainly donate.

1874 Fighting Fund

Good stuff. I will see what I can do. If Injabe a slate few quid, I may aswell send it to you, since you seem to have successfully managed the incredibly difficult task of opening a bank account.

1874 Fighting Fund
Great idea and one I hope is a huge success.

I too will make a donation when I'm paid next month.

1874 Fighting Fund

Thank you.

www.1874fightingfund.com

We would be interested to hear any feedback or comments (positive or negative) that any of you may have on the website.

Thank you.

Archived