1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the 1874 Fighting Fund website now up and running. It has, amongst other information, a link for anyone wishing to make a donation by Paypal.

Thank you.

www.1874fightingfund.com

Well done guys - keep up the fantastic work. Looking forward to more events.

Re: the website, I know it's new and everything so I don't want to sound critical but yellow text on the white pages doesn't really work so well. It's difficult to read.

Also just practical stuff: you could maybe add a 'subscribe to our news' field where interested parties can enter an email address. That way you'll build up a contact database without even really trying. And maybe add a widget for your Twitter feed as well? Your tweets will show up in a wee box on the website.

Just some ideas. :)

must admit i also thought it was muddying the waters a bit.but fair play.and anything that helps save the club a few quid must be applauded.sayin that i have attended both events upto now and will be willing to contribute to the fund in the future.well done to all your commitee hhgh

1874 Fighting Fund
Re: the website, I know it's new and everything so I don't want to sound critical but yellow text on the white pages doesn't really work so well. It's difficult to read.

Also just practical stuff: you could maybe add a 'subscribe to our news' field where interested parties can enter an email address. That way you'll build up a contact database without even really trying. And maybe add a widget for your Twitter feed as well? Your tweets will show up in a wee box on the website.

Just some ideas. :)

Thank you for your feedback, that's very much the sort of constructive comments that 1874 Fighting Fund are looking for.

Text colour; will be fed back to the web page designer.

Twitter; we are currently looking at getting set up with both Twitter & Facebook, and if we decide to go ahead with them, we will look at integrating them into the website.

Subscription; that is an idea that we will certainly consider, but as we are currently looking at the possibility of creating members, that may achieve the same effect.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

1874 Fighting Fund
must admit i also thought it was muddying the waters a bit.but fair play.and anything that helps save the club a few quid must be applauded.sayin that i have attended both events upto now and will be willing to contribute to the fund in the future.well done to all your commitee hhgh

Thank you for your support.

1874 Fighting Fund

Most people will, I reckon, opt for PayPal, but can you list the international versions of the bank details - BIC and IBAN codes - for the benefit of people who want to contribute from outside the UK?

1874 Fighting Fund website, with PayPal link is now up and running, and donations are being received via it.

If people would rather make a donation directly to the 1874 Fighting Fund bank account, the details are as follows;

Account Number: 107905065

Branch Sort Code: 80-22-60

And for those overseas the additional code: GB02BOFS

1874 Fighting Fund
Good show to all who are contributing.

Thank you, the more that supporters contribute, the more that the 1874 Fighting Fund can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund
Great work. I ll make a small donation tonight.

Thank you, the more that supporters contribute, the more that the 1874 Fighting Fund can do to help the Club.

Just posting a note on behalf of JKB management to inform members that we have made a contribution of ?200 to the Fund.

Best of luck with your efforts, and thanks to JKB members, especially our subscribed members, for making donations of this kind possible.

1874 Fighting Fund

Well done to all involved. First donation made.

Donation made, keep up the good work. Glad the club are using this resource and it's a fantastic set-up so we can see full transparency about what the funds are being used for.

I know it is a tall order, and probably at this time an unrealistic figure, but would the fund help pay all or part of the pending tax bill, even if it was direct to Hector?

Any chance of an updated financial statement on the website just to see how things are going? Looks like the statement on the website is about 6 weeks old.

Thanks in advance.

1874 Fighting Fund
Just posting a note on behalf of JKB management to inform members that we have made a contribution of ?200 to the Fund.

Best of luck with your efforts, and thanks to JKB members, especially our subscribed members, for making donations of this kind possible.

To the members and management team of Jambos Kickback,

"On behalf of the 1874 Fighting Fund we would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank you for your invaluable support in making this account available to us. Hopefully we are gradually convincing people the 1874 Fighting Fund is here for the right reasons, that it is being run in a professional and transparent way, and that together we can make a positive difference to Heart of Midlothian FC, regardless of who owns the Club.

We are still working hard behind the scenes to firmly establish ourselves, but the fact that there is currently work being carried out at Tynecastle, paid for in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund, is a massive step forward. The work is planned maintenance, some of which is safety critical, and we are delighted we can assist the Club by paying for this.

We are currently planning several different fund raising events, but we are also more than happy to receive individual donations via our PayPal account on our website. Obviously the more money we can raise, the more we can help the Club that we all love, and we are already in talks with them about what work they feel is their next priority.

This is only possible due to the generosity of supporters who have attended our two functions to date, and those who have made donations. The donation of ?200 by JKB, is a very generous one, and one that we are extremely grateful for, as we also are for individual donations by JKB members. As we said, the more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do for HMFC, so a heartfelt thanks to you all."

Jimmy Sandison & Scott Crabbe

Trustees, 1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund
Donation made, keep up the good work. Glad the club are using this resource and it's a fantastic set-up so we can see full transparency about what the funds are being used for.

Thank you. The more that supporters contribute to 1874 Fighting Fund, the more we can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund
I know it is a tall order, and probably at this time an unrealistic figure, but would the fund help pay all or part of the pending tax bill, even if it was direct to Hector?

If supporters were to donate enough money to the 1874 Fighting Fund, we could speak to the Club about paying for other essential work, freeing up their own money to use as they felt appropriate.

Gorgiewave

Is it possible to see the fund's balance and a list of money spent or spending proposals?

1874 Fighting Fund
Is it possible to see the fund's balance and a list of money spent or spending proposals?

In the interests of transparency, the 1874 Fighting Fund have published our balance on our website. In terms of money spent, the current work being carried out at Tynecastle, and being paid for in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund, will cost us approximately ?5,000.

We do not have any "spending proposals" as such, though we are currently in talks with the Club over what they feel are their priorities, and what the 1874 Fighting Fund could help them with next.

Gorgiewave

In the interests of transparency, the 1874 Fighting Fund have published our balance on our website. In terms of money spent, the current work being carried out at Tynecastle, and being paid for in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund, will cost us approximately ?5,000.

We do not have any "spending proposals" as such, though we are currently in talks with the Club over what they feel are their priorities, and what the 1874 Fighting Fund could help them with next.

Thank you. I see the figure is from about six weeks ago, so I imagine 5,000 pounds would have to be subtracted and 200 pounds from kickback and other donations added.

Thanks again.

1874 Fighting Fund

Thank you. I see the figure is from about six weeks ago, so I imagine 5,000 pounds would have to be subtracted and 200 pounds from kickback and other donations added.

Thanks again.

That is correct, the balance on the website will be updated in due course, and will continue to be shown there to demonstrate the 1874 Fighting Fund's wish to be transparent in their finances..

1874 Fighting Fund
Donation made ... Keep up the good work guys

Thank you. The more that supporters contribute to the 1874 Fighting Fund, the more that we can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund

Some more photos of the "work in progress" at Tynecastle.

post-25461-13707749374892_thumb.jpg

post-25461-13707749551502_thumb.jpg

post-25461-13707749749708_thumb.jpg

This work was identified by Hearts as being essential, as it's a safety critical part of their planned maintenance, and is being funded in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise from supporters, the more money we can use to help Hearts with projects like this. The 1874 Fighting Fund ask Hearts for nothing in return, so the more we (and you) can do to help the Club, the more of their own money Heart of Midlothian FC have to spend in other ways.

Thank you again for your continuing support and donations, it is very much appreciated.

letsalllaughathobos

This work was identified by Hearts as being essential, as it's a safety critical part of their planned maintenance, and is being funded in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise from supporters, the more money we can use to help Hearts with projects like this. The 1874 Fighting Fund ask Hearts for nothing in return, so the more we (and you) can do to help the Club, the more of their own money Heart of Midlothian FC have to spend in other ways.

Thank you again for your continuing support and donations, it is very much appreciated.

Great job, these stairs were in desperate need of maintenance,

Looks really good well done,

GlasgoJambo

Amazing the difference a lick of paint makes.

Love a good paint job.

?19.02 donated.

troonmaroon

?18.74 donated. More will follow. Keep it up. :-) (Also intrigued to see an update to the balance on the website in line with the commitment to be transparent... I'd have thought a monthly update would be achievable.)

1874 Fighting Fund

Great job, these stairs were in desperate need of maintenance,

Looks really good well done,

Thank you for your support.

1874 Fighting Fund
Donation made. Great work guys.

:cheers:

Thank you. The more money donated to the 1874 Fighting Fund, means the more we can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund
Amazing the difference a lick of paint makes.

While we agree, it's maybe worth just clarifying that it is special non-slip paint used on the steps. This maintenance is crucial to the Club's Safety Certificate, and so the work the 1874 Fighting Fund are paying for is more than just cosmetic.

heartsfc_fan

Excellent stuff.

Are they painting all the stair ways inside the stadium? Looking at the middle picture there, that looks like the Roseburn stand stair way that has been painted.

1874 Fighting Fund
Donation made.

Thank you. The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund

Love a good paint job.

?19.02 donated.

Thank you. The more donated to the 1874 Fighting Fund means the more we can do to help the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund
?18.74 donated. More will follow. Keep it up. :-) (Also intrigued to see an update to the balance on the website in line with the commitment to be transparent... I'd have thought a monthly update would be achievable.)

Thank you for your donation. We will do what we can to update the balance on the website in the coming days, but right now 1874 Fighting Fund's priority is raising funds for the benefit of the Club.

1874 Fighting Fund
What about getting the outside of the stands painted maroon again?

It is not the 1874 Fighting Fund who will make that sort of decision, the Club themselves decide on what work they feel is their priority. We will then discuss with them what can do to assist them in paying for that work.

Fantastic effort so far guys. Well done.

Do Hearts have a number of small creditors that are owed money for their services to the club? If this is the case it might be a good idea for the fighting fund to look into contributions towards payments or full payments themselves if managable?

I'd imagine a lot of small businesses do things for Hearts and it would be a shame to see them not get their money owed to them.

**Must point out i have no idea if this is the case or not. I reckon it'd be a fantastic guesture from the 1874FF and Hearts supporters in general. It helps the club out and anyone who is owed money by them. Might be worth investigating.

Gregory House M.D.

The away end? :seething:

In all seriousness despite my dismay at the FF's timing this is top work :thumbsup:

1874 Fighting Fund

Fantastic effort so far guys. Well done.

Do Hearts have a number of small creditors that are owed money for their services to the club? If this is the case it might be a good idea for the fighting fund to look into contributions towards payments or full payments themselves if managable?

I'd imagine a lot of small businesses do things for Hearts and it would be a shame to see them not get their money owed to them.

**Must point out i have no idea if this is the case or not. I reckon it'd be a fantastic guesture from the 1874FF and Hearts supporters in general. It helps the club out and anyone who is owed money by them. Might be worth investigating.

Were Hearts to contact the 1874 Fighting Fund regarding something like this, the Fund's Trustee's would be more than happy to discuss this with them.

Franklin Delano Bluth

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3205284

From Hearts website today.

The more money the 1874 Fighting Fund can raise, the more we can do via projects like this to help Hearts.

Well done to all involved, from those donating, to those from the 1874 FF.

Top work :thumbsup:

Archived