What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The late great Mark Lanegan, one of my favourite artists.  I hope they collect all these collaborations and release them on an album.

The albums he did with Isobel Campbell are a place to go to if you like this track.

The Screaming Trees are massively underrated.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

The late great Mark Lanegan, one of my favourite artists.  I hope they collect all these collaborations and release them on an album.

The albums he did with Isobel Campbell are a place to go to if you like this track.

It must be a year now since he sadly passed. What a distinctive voice and the Collab with the Gothic Chelsea Wolfe  is a stunning effort, totally different from the soft sounding Isobel Campbell which was fantastic as well.

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It must be a year now since he sadly passed. What a distinctive voice and the Collab with the Gothic Chelsea Wolfe  is a stunning effort, totally different from the soft sounding Isobel Campbell which was fantastic as well.

That Chelsea Wolfe track wasn't dissimilar to other collaborations with female vocalists.

He has done so many collaborations of people from different genres on their records he could fill a double CD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Lanegan_discography

Met him a few times at signing sessions after gigs.  Very humble guy.

5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Screaming Trees are massively underrated.

Sweet Oblivion was where I started.  Hearing Dollar Bill was unlike anything I'd heard before.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

That Chelsea Wolfe track wasn't dissimilar to other collaborations with female vocalists.

He has done so many collaborations of people from different genres on their records he could fill a double CD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Lanegan_discography

Met him a few times at signing sessions after gigs.  Very humble guy.

Yes what you notice is he never tried to out sing who he was collaborating with, just let the harmonies speak for themselves.

It's great when you get to meet someone in music you really like and they are very approachable and respectful to their fans.

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Yes what you notice is he never tried to out sing who he was collaborating with, just let the harmonies speak for themselves.

It's great when you get to meet someone in music you really like and they are very approachable and respectful to their fans.

I preordered a signed copy of his book Devil In A Coma.  It arrived the day his death was announced.  Can't bear to read it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2023 at 20:34, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Great stuff. Am glad I came across this.

As for me... some auld Clash reggae. Never heard them do the Israelites after 4 decades listening to them.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Great stuff. Am glad I came across this.

As for me... some auld Clash reggae. Never heard them do the Israelites after 4 decades listening to them.

Yes I was listening to some of the late Mark Lanegan music on YouTube and came across this track. I knew about Chelsea Wolfe but I am not heavily into goth so don't know many of records but this song written by her caught my ear right away, the voices are so good together and towards the end the harmonies are perfect.

I was a teenager in the late 70s and the Clash were one the bands me and my mates were really into. The simple energy of Punk hasn't really been beaten since, maybe only Grunge and alt Rock came close, for me anyway!

doddsyJR9

Was given this cd at Christmas. Thought I'd listen to it before Epiphany tomorrow. Especially enjoyed this track. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 04/01/2024 at 21:47, neilnunb said:

RIP Glynis Johns - 100 years old. Some innings. 

Classic rendition of this beautiful  song.   Her actual voice was gorgeous too. RIP

JudyJudyJudy

The control and phrasing are just incredible.  Stunning. Technically  it is perfection. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy