What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

5 hours ago, Number28 said:

Nice, Big Crown Records have got some decent artists signed to their label Nicole 'Lady' Wray being one of them.

On 27/10/2023 at 22:30, Jam-Tart said:

Nice, Big Crown Records have got some decent artists signed to their label Nicole 'Lady' Wray being one of them.

cool label

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nobody listens to anyone's songs on here, it's just a mindless game that has no end.

In an odd coincidence, I've just been listening to some mob's translation of "Blinding Lights" into Irish and Welsh on YouTube (don't laugh too loud, thanks).  I won't inflict it on you, though.

10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

In an odd coincidence, I've just been listening to some mob's translation of "Blinding Lights" into Irish and Welsh on YouTube (don't laugh too loud, thanks).  I won't inflict it on you, though.

Aye, that sounds like a complete waste of time in my opinion, One of my ex's sends her kids to learn Gaelic. WTF is that all about, might as  well teach them how to ride a horse a cart. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, that sounds like a complete waste of time in my opinion,

It makes complete sense that you'd have that view.  I was just pointing out that more or less at the same time as you posted the particular song, I was listening to a different version.  :thumbsup: 

On 06/11/2023 at 18:44, Number28 said:

Soooperb. 👍

It's a new one for me, so thanks for posting.

He has such a distinctive style (unlike so, so many modern e.g. X-factor types of artistes whose songs are utterly bland and generic but dominate play-lists for the teenies ... same as it ever was, I suppose.

My personal favourite of his (being a bit of a softie that I am) is this 'un. 👇

That 👆 won't be new to you, for sure, but for anyone else, the film, "From Scotland With Love" is well worth seeking out.

It's available on DVD (which I have), but is intermittently repeated on BBC, and can be seen other ways.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Scotland_with_Love

For something a bit different?

Just been listening to this ... again.

A particularly fine episode of this consistently brilliant series. I've listened to them all over the years and hoping for a new series before too long.

Superbly bookended episode with the closing song being a standout ... right until after the credits.

Here's a link to iPlayer:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0005mw2?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

25 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

For a proper piss-take of an Elvis hair-do you should check out the Leningrad Cowboys.

Their live Helsinki concert is a classic. 😁

Aki Kaurismäki totally rools. 😎

Edited by Wee Mikey

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Soooperb. 👍

It's a new one for me, so thanks for posting.

He has such a distinctive style (unlike so, so many modern e.g. X-factor types of artistes whose songs are utterly bland and generic but dominate play-lists for the teenies ... same as it ever was, I suppose.

My personal favourite of his (being a bit of a softie that I am) is this 'un. 👇

That 👆 won't be new to you, for sure, but for anyone else, the film, "From Scotland With Love" is well worth seeking out.

It's available on DVD (which I have), but is intermittently repeated on BBC, and can be seen other ways.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Scotland_with_Love

My wife's favourite band for past 38-39 years is Blue Nile. She hears Blue Nile in Kenny Anderson's voice. That song is from his latest album IDES.