E Cigarettes

Pete Seeger

Off to Singapore at the end of October with work and,if Wikipedia is correct, just found out e-cigarettes are banned over there.

Cold turkey or have the odd cigarette???

Dilemma!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're banned within our office, which was the same for the last bar I worked in.

Why? They're no bother to anyone.

There isn't enough evidence to tell if they are harmful or not yet.

Off to Singapore at the end of October with work and,if Wikipedia is correct, just found out e-cigarettes are banned over there.

Cold turkey or have the odd cigarette???

Dilemma!

Not just Wilipedia I'm afraid, pretty hefty fines if caught.

<<Electronic cigarettes are prohibited under Section 16 of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (Chapter 309), which states that:

No person shall import, distribute, sell or offer for sale any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.

The offence is punishable, on conviction, with a fine not exceeding $5,000 and in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, with a fine not exceeding $10,000.

Please refrain from bringing the said product into Singapore.

For any further clarifications, please contact the Tobacco Regulation Branch at 62138927.>>

anyone know the opening times of the places in Leith and Gorgie? Dont finish work till 6 but quite fancy picking one up tomorrow and getting shot of this ?7.99 cheapy from the newsagents

looking to change my E-cig

currently on the Aspire ET BDC clearomizer and i dont really like it

what is everone else using ?

V-Scope TECC - about 75 notes.

Not cheap, granted, and it's heavy - but it's worked better than anything else I've tried for getting me off the snouts.

Nine days and counting, even with a few nights on the sauce. Only one real wobble as it ran out of juice just as pint number five arrived on Friday night.

Genuinely preferring e-cigs to smoking now. It's no longer merely a somewhat passable substitute.

E-cig ran out this evening whilst out having a drink with a mate (who only smokes when he's having a drink). Cadged a fag off him before going home and had another from my last remaining pack after that... And it was shit.

Now enjoying a last beer whilst watching MotD 2 and happy with the slightly-charged e-cig rather than having a tab.

To non-smokers this probably sounds pretty pathetic but to those who love a snout (well me) it's a very welcome surprise. I hope in a month or so the embarrassment factor of whipping out what looks like Doctor Who's screwdriver will see the nicotine habit kicked entirely.

I've been on the e-cig for 11 months now and still feel like I'm doing something dodgy when using it outside the house.

• 2 months later...

It will be a year next month that I stopped smoking cigarettes and started on the standard ?20 job from Vaporized. I got myself an Innokin iTaste VTR about May or June which has served me well (great for working in the construction industry as it's very robust) although getting a bit sick of the iclear 30 tank and the shan coils so I've just bought myself an Eleaf iStick with a Nautilus Mini BVC and they should be delivered tomorrow. 

Anybody used either of them yet? 

Also I've been toying with the idea of getting an RTA but unsure how time consuming that can be and how often you need to change the coils so if anyone does this I would appreciate some advice. 

It will be a year next month that I stopped smoking cigarettes and started on the standard ?20 job from Vaporized. I got myself an Innokin iTaste VTR about May or June which has served me well (great for working in the construction industry as it's very robust) although getting a bit sick of the iclear 30 tank and the shan coils so I've just bought myself an Eleaf iStick with a Nautilus Mini BVC and they should be delivered tomorrow.

Anybody used either of them yet?

Also I've been toying with the idea of getting an RTA but unsure how time consuming that can be and how often you need to change the coils so if anyone does this I would appreciate some advice.

Don't know about an RTA but the Nautilus Mini is easily the best tank I've tried. Easy to clean and maintain, no leaks and coils last a good while and are simple to change. I just changed to the version with the 'honeycomb' metal outer cover as I broke my last one by dropping it but this version is really robust.

I'm just shy of 14 months off the baccy now and could never go back.

Don't know about an RTA but the Nautilus Mini is easily the best tank I've tried. Easy to clean and maintain, no leaks and coils last a good while and are simple to change. I just changed to the version with the 'honeycomb' metal outer cover as I broke my last one by dropping it but this version is really robust.

I'm just shy of 14 months off the baccy now and could never go back.

Well done on the 14 months mate.

Got to agree about the Nautilus Mini. I've been vaping it for a few hours now and it's fantastic. Night and day to the iClear tank I've been using on the VTR. I will be looking into getting a metal tank for it too.

The Eleaf iStick is also a brilliant bit of kit, alot smaller than I was expecting and for the size it packs a decent punch at 20w. Absolute bargain at 30 sheets. Would defo recommend it.

Had another look at RTAs and fancy giving a Kayfun or a Russian 91% a bash but can't seem to find any in black in the UK. Does anybody know where I could get my hands on one or the other?

Almost dropped 200 plus notes on a hand-carved wooden device just a minute ago. Saving money by quitting and all that :laugh:

Thing ended up looking like an 80s mobile phone by the time you had the tank on top so went for the TECC Curve instead (50 quid). Seems like a really good smoke and the battery should last longer than my previous.

Almost dropped 200 plus notes on a hand-carved wooden device just a minute ago. Saving money by quitting and all that :laugh:

Thing ended up looking like an 80s mobile phone by the time you had the tank on top so went for the TECC Curve instead (50 quid). Seems like a really good smoke and the battery should last longer than my previous.

I think TECC have just rebranded the iStick and added 20 blabs onto the price. They look exactly the same.

What tank do you use on it mate?

• 8 months later...
Buffalo Bill

I had my last cig on Jan 3rd this year. I just use the basic vaporiser thing as it's quite light and handy just to shove in my pocket.  

I can honestly say I now prefer it to smoking. Apart from the health thing, I just like that I can puff away on it without the need to go outside and smoke a cig.

If I'm out at the football or on a night out, I just make sure I carry a spare battery, liquid and atomiser.

Fitzroy Pointon

Three months I had an e-cig.  Since then I haven't smoked a cigarette and the vapouriser broke on Thursday. I haven't replaced it and don't intend to.  I wouldn't have been able to stop without the c-cig.  

I've had mine for 2 years, just have the lowest nicotine level possible, haven't even though about smoking a cigarette since I've had it, hate even the smell of smoke now.

Just using the most basic version of e-cig fro Dr . vapor

Buffalo Bill

I've had mine for 2 years, just have the lowest nicotine level possible, haven't even though about smoking a cigarette since I've had it, hate even the smell of smoke now.

Just using the most basic version of e-cig fro Dr . vapour

I was walking along a pavement (as you do) a couple of weeks back on Sunday morning, nice sunny day.

A guy about 40 yards in front of me was puffing away on a cigarette for what seemed like the entire time I was walking.

The smell was ****ing rancid. 

Buffalo Bill

Still using mine, but do occasionally have an oily.  I'm quite comfortable with that.

The last time I had a pint with you, there must have been four or five of us vaping.

We created an atmosphere like Chris de Burgh singing Lady in Red on Top of the Pops :)

The last time I had a pint with you, there must have been four or five of us vaping.

We created an atmosphere like Chris de Burgh singing Lady in Red on Top of the Pops :)

Hahaha. Such imagery!

• 2 months later...
chester copperpot

Maybe been covered on this thread so apologies if so however was wondering if anyone knew if the big fag companies were getting involved in the production of liquids?

I have always been an (anti) social smoker but gave up a couple of months ago and I don't like the flavoured ones and would like to think that the big cigarette companies may be missing a trick by not getting involved in this industry.

Anyone ken?

Maybe been covered on this thread so apologies if so however was wondering if anyone knew if the big fag companies were getting involved in the production of liquids?

I have always been an (anti) social smoker but gave up a couple of months ago and I don't like the flavoured ones and would like to think that the big cigarette companies may be missing a trick by not getting involved in this industry.

Anyone ken?

Of course they are.

http://www.bat.com/ecigarettes

http://www.cityam.com/222696/big-tobacco-firms-come-late-vaping-party

Anyone ken?

Try a different ecig, a more pricey one!!

chester copperpot

Try a different ecig, a more pricey one!!

I just want a decent fag flavoured one that will give me a decent hit when I'm drinking. Been fine so far but not really enjoyed it much and I'm too much of a pussy to go cold turkey.

And tobacco flavoured suggestions plz

I just want a decent fag flavoured one that will give me a decent hit when I'm drinking. Been fine so far but not really enjoyed it much and I'm too much of a pussy to go cold turkey.

And tobacco flavoured suggestions plz

What ecig are you using?? The pencil ones are terrible, i bought a ?70 subtank and they feel stronger than fags!!i was a 20 a day for 15 years until i got one, 6 months in and never looked back,ive also persuaded 3-4 people with your same view, to swap

Mrs Hurdie currently smokes Amber leaf Roll-ups. She is looking for an equivalent e-liquid. Any recommendations?

Every cigarette type flavour i tried were horrible!!i find its not the flavour that makes it most like smoking a fag its the strength of the "hit" which you get from good e cigs

Every cigarette type flavour i tried were horrible!!i find its not the flavour that makes it most like smoking a fag its the strength of the "hit" which you get from good e cigs

Correct.

I can't believe that anyone who smokes actually enjoyed the taste of tobacco at first, it's the hit that keeps you going back.

Just upgraded to an ipow battery and aerotank v2 from kangertech, can highly recommend both. Also the Kola Cubes, Air Waves (chewing gum) and Fruit Salad juice from Dr Vapor in Dalry are top notch.

Tried an e cig - pencil style, months ago and could not take to it - straight back to cigarettes. Five weeks ago after seeing this thread went into the Vapour Lounge in Broughton Street who gave great advice. Ended up buying an e-grip and not had, or really thought about having a cigarette since.

I started off on the 18mg USA mix now mixing the 18 with the 12mg, (though i  suspect I  could be happy enough with just the 12mg). 

30 + years of over 20 a day now feeling pretty confident I can stay of the fags although I suspect it will be a long time before I can go out the house without my e-grip fully charged.

Mrs Hurdie currently smokes Amber leaf Roll-ups. She is looking for an equivalent e-liquid. Any recommendations?

I was in the Vapour Lounge on Lauriston Place today, just up from Brauhaus, and they were selling Amber Leaf flavoured liquid.  I'd imagine it would be available elsewhere too.

Just upgraded to an ipow battery and aerotank v2 from kangertech, can highly recommend both. Also the Kola Cubes, Air Waves (chewing gum) and Fruit Salad juice from Dr Vapor in Dalry are top notch.

After trying loads of flavours(vimto , ribena etc) which didnt taste anythin like them, i am no on fruit salad and juicy fruit, best ones ive had

Tried an e cig - pencil style, months ago and could not take to it - straight back to cigarettes. Five weeks ago after seeing this thread went into the Vapour Lounge in Broughton Street who gave great advice. Ended up buying an e-grip and not had, or really thought about having a cigarette since.

I started off on the 18mg USA mix now mixing the 18 with the 12mg, (though i suspect I could be happy enough with just the 12mg).

30 + years of over 20 a day now feeling pretty confident I can stay of the fags although I suspect it will be a long time before I can go out the house without my e-grip fully charged.

I was the exact same, 2 years ago i tried the pencil type and threw it away after a day and kept smoking, 6 months ago i got a kangar subtank and have never looked back

I was in the Vapour Lounge on Lauriston Place today, just up from Brauhaus, and they were selling Amber Leaf flavoured liquid.  I'd imagine it would be available elsewhere too.

Thanks for the advise. Mrs H is off to London this weekend and hopes to visit the Vape Emporium and your advise should help get a liquid that suits her taste. Cheers

Tomorrow I'll have been vaping for 2 years, after 30 years on the baccy.

It's all down to these guys:

www.thevapourlounge.co.uk

Their advice, kit, and juice are second to none.

Check them out.

chester copperpot

So a more expensive ecig is the way to go, thought so tbh.

I got one of those vapour start kits and it's pretty shit for 20 quid, going to invest in a better one as have already saved plenty by not smoking.

Cheers for the advice folks! :thumb:

• 7 months later...

Bump - 

What's the best one today? Looking to get one for my girlfriend who's looking to give up on the traditional cigarettes. 

weaversknowe jambo

Bump -

What's the best one today? Looking to get one for my girlfriend who's looking to give up on the traditional cigarettes.

e-leaf i-stick30 paired with an aspire nautilous mini is a good set up. If it's just a decent vape she is looking for, it's as good as any.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I usually go to the Vapour Lounge in Broughton St. Was down last week to get some juice. I like trying different flavours but always have a few of the wee bottles of grape. I saw they had a big plastic tub filled with various flavours that they were selling for a pound a bottle. I'd picked out a couple of grape and noticed a sign saying they were doing a box of twenty of these bottles for ten quid. I asked if that was right and was assured it was. The boy asked me what I wanted and I ended up with a box of twenty bottles of grape. 50p a bottle! So I treated myself to a wee Free Dom, which is ginger bread, and a Charlie's Chalk Dust strawberry ice cream. Sorted.

crunchy frog

e-leaf i-stick30 paired with an aspire nautilous mini is a good set up. If it's just a decent vape she is looking for, it's as good as any.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bought an istick 40w with the nautilus tank week past Saturday,its a great wee piece of kit. 50 quid all in including liquid and I've not even thought of having a fag, I'm in the 30+ year smoking category too. Wee shop opposite Gorgie Farm, recommended.

Archived