E Cigarettes

Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger

Does anyone use these and if so can you give me recommendations as to which to buy?

The only time I stopped in the past was using champix but the stomach cramps and crazy dreams got the better of me.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used skycig buddy, very good starter pack and the refills are relatively cheap.

Plenty of flavours too.

Jed The Jedi

Try having a look here mate, this is where I get all my gear and the boy who runs the sight is a top bloke. I found the e cigs the ones that look like fags to be pretty crap IMO. What I missed about giving up was the throat hit, the sensation of the smoke going down your throat and the only kit that did it for me was the one in the second link, pricey but well worth it IMO. Feel free to pm me any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/vape-escape-vision-1000-ultimate~397

Pete Seeger

Thanks for the links. How often do you have to buy refills in your experience? I smoke 15-25 a day so I'm currently a moderate smoker. How long have you been off the real cigs?

Jed The Jedi

Since January mate. I buy 40 ml of the juice to refill them, costs about ?12 and lasts me about a month

Pete Seeger

Since January mate. I buy 40 ml of the juice to refill them, costs about ?12 and lasts me about a month

Sounds good. Thanks for your help, I'll phone them tomorrow for more info.

Gregory House M.D.

Emmm all these links and not one mention of the shop straight across from Robbo's. Emporium Vapour.

Felix Lighter

going by this link a mate sent me they are going to get banned http://www.vapestick.../e-cig-ban.html

tax man needs smokers

Big Pharma will be wanting a slice of the growing e-cig market to,if or when the government do eventually ban them expect the Glaxos and Pfizers to introduce their e-cig versions which will then be made available on prescription at taxpayers expense.

I borrowed this from an e-cig forum....

It might be worth mentioning in your letters/emails to the MP's and MEP's the annual cost to the NHS for providing NRT Services (Nicotine Reduction Therapy) as been as follows:

*NHS services ? (million)

1999-00 5.0

2000-01 21.5

2001-02 24.7

2002-03 24.7

2003-04 36.2

2004-05 46.8

2005-06 51.9

2006-07 51.2

2007-08 61.0

2008-09 73.5

2009-10 83.9

2010-11 84.3

2011-12 88.2

Source http://www.ash.org.u...nts/ASH_667.pdf

That is a total of ?653,000,000 over the years and this only includes the service and not the cost of the drugs.

At the best figures that can be found 94%, of these drugs have failed to prevent people returning to smoking....

To the op, I've been vaping now two years past January,

:verysmug:

I was a 30 year smoker and had tried all the NRT prescription treatments and the longest I lasted without a smoke was a week.

I have used a few e-cigs and have settled for the Jac vapour,costs me about ?15-?20 per month and i havent had a cigarette for 2 months.

Lozenges did it for me. Haven't had a Harry Wragg for almost 7 years now.

Lozenges are addictive tho!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Doesn't get you high and can can do damage to your lungs... Better to just swallow them with water. Sorted.

Took delivery of some of these e-cigs yesterday, bought from one of those voucher sites. KGB I think.

Bit disappointed to read on the packet that they are not designed to help you stop smoking and haven't even been tested for this purpose.

I suppose it makes sense when they contain nicotene :unsure:

Took delivery of some of these e-cigs yesterday, bought from one of those voucher sites. KGB I think.

Bit disappointed to read on the packet that they are not designed to help you stop smoking and haven't even been tested for this purpose.

Im sure they have to write that bud! And enjoy all the "cleaned" nicotine you need, infinitely better for you than fags.

The People's Chimp

If they didn't write that disclaimer they could receive some fairly spurious claims against them so I wouldn't let it worry you too much.

John Gentleman

They can't, and couldn't, claim to be a smoking cessation aid because the manufacturers/distributors would then have to produce a raft of scientific data to back it up. No problem for Big Pharma with their patches etc, but in the highly fragmented world of E-cigs (or 'PVs' ? Personal Vapourisers) it isn't going to happen.

Do we live in a world where everything is allowed until proven unsafe, or in a world where everything is banned until proven safe? If it were the latter, none of us would be alive for long.

They stopped me smoking in a week and I had previously tried every 'endorsed' form of NRT available (obviously without success).

I mix my own juices and add nicotine to taste. Even then, I've slowly reduced the amount of nicotine liquid I add by about half in the eight months I've been vaping. IMO, nothing comes close to them in helping someone quit the analogues. The other big bonus is, having paid for your kit, it costs you virtually sod all to vape. Big Pharma doesn't like it, governments don't like it...................I'll let you guess in which direction it'll go from here.

As far as I'm aware they are meant to replace smoking (because they are better for you). They are not to be thought of or used a something to help you stop. I used the E-Cig for a while and it was actually alright, but in the end after a few beers always ended up going back to the real thing.

Pete Seeger

I've just taken delivery of the one suggested by Jed the Jedi. What a piece of kit that is - Thanks for the tip! I've had a wee try of it and it gives you a really realistic draw. Very impressed with it. Just out of interest though how often should I be puffing it? Should I take several puffs at a time like I would with a ciggy or is it one puff until your next fag time?

And well done Graygo, keep it up fella.

Lancashire_Lou

Fella's replaced 60 a day with one. He's almost done a week now and Im pleasantly surprised! That's a hell of a lot less shite going into his system so I couldn't care less about the actual nicotine addiction for now.

Shanks said no

Have been taking 2mg nicotine lozenges since January 2006, yes over 7 years.

Am completely addicted to them. Better for me than the 20 a day plus habit I had, but its still an addiction to nicotine.

Costs me about ?7 a week

Jed The Jedi

I've just taken delivery of the one suggested by Jed the Jedi. What a piece of kit that is - Thanks for the tip! I've had a wee try of it and it gives you a really realistic draw. Very impressed with it. Just out of interest though how often should I be puffing it? Should I take several puffs at a time like I would with a ciggy or is it one puff until your next fag time?

And well done Graygo, keep it up fella.

Glad your impressed mate. On the puffing thing I'm not sure if there are a strict set of rules, I just have a draw whenever the notion takes me.

BoJack Horseman

Fella's replaced 60 a day with one. He's almost done a week now and Im pleasantly surprised! That's a hell of a lot less shite going into his system so I couldn't care less about the actual nicotine addiction for now.

How can you smoke 60 fags a day? Where do you even find the time?

BoJack Horseman

It's the ?750 a MONTH that gets me :unsure:

How is that even possible? I don't get smoking at all.

Lancashire_Lou

Well they were roll ups so probably only equivalent to 30 actual cigarettes. Plus tobacco isn't too expensive when you know a lot of people who go on a hell of a lot of holidays...

I don't know how people afford to smoke real cigs.

Absurd and frankly disgusting. Almost 4 an hour accounting for 8 hours sleep.

He must have been absolutely stinking.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My late dad used to smoke about 60 a day, no exaggeration, proper tabs too, Nae roll-ups... Guess what killed him in his early sixties?

I'll have quit for two years in July. :)

Lancashire_Lou

Absurd and frankly disgusting. Almost 4 an hour accounting for 8 hours sleep.

He must have been absolutely stinking.

Haha. Been informed it was 'only' 40. Think it just felt like 60 when he always going out for one.

I can go weeks without but as soon as I have a drink Im gagging for one. Can just pinch his e-cig now.

• 5 months later...

bump

how much do these things cost?

I was off the fags for a while, but, as usual, I succumb to the weed in the end.

maybe this is the way forward for me

Gregory House M.D.

:wtf:

Guest GhostHunter

Well they were roll ups so probably only equivalent to 30 actual cigarettes.

I just got a little sick in my mouth.

Barney Rubble

As long as its the vapour type ones it usually helps big time , i was using sky-cig for a while and i was coughing like i had tuberculosis for ages i had to go back on real fags for the good of my health !

• 4 weeks later...

Try having a look here mate, this is where I get all my gear and the boy who runs the sight is a top bloke. I found the e cigs the ones that look like fags to be pretty crap IMO. What I missed about giving up was the throat hit, the sensation of the smoke going down your throat and the only kit that did it for me was the one in the second link, pricey but well worth it IMO. Feel free to pm me any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/

http://www.vapeescap...00-ultimate~397

Thinking about buying one of these. Would you still recommend the same one?

How is everyone else getting on with them?

If you jut want to try them out, Sainsbury sell them. I use the N-Joy ones. ?5.99 for one, and that lasts for the equivalent of about 30 normal cigs

• 2 weeks later...

Well the e-cigs I got worked for a wee while but it didn't last unfortunately, it was the cheap ones that look like oversized cigaretts.

Not to be deterred I've just ordered these with some red apple flavoured juice.

http://myepack.co.uk.../e-vod-kit.html

Well that's 10 days now without a cigarette :thumbsup:

Now trying menthol, cherry and peach flavoured juices.

March 8th this year was my last cigarette, I spend on average ?30 per month on liquid and filters. The cost of me smoking was around ?300 per month, and I have smoked since I was 17 and now I am 49. Kids are happy the wife is delighted and I have a few bob in my pocket. Not to mention the fact I don't wake up during the night coughing my F****** gut's up any more and the chest doesn't feel sore now. Unfortunately the government don't like me anymore I wonder why. Life's good. :smoking:

BoJack Horseman

March 8th this year was my last cigarette, I spend on average ?30 per month on liquid and filters. The cost of me smoking was around ?300 per month, and I have smoked since I was 17 and now I am 49. Kids are happy the wife is delighted and I have a few bob in my pocket. Not to mention the fact I don't wake up during the night coughing my F****** gut's up any more and the chest doesn't feel sore now. Unfortunately the government don't like me anymore I wonder why. Life's good. :smoking:

Spending ?300 a month on cigarettes when you've got a family :facepalm:

Well done for getting off them.

I gave up 5 years ago on Bonnie night. Used Champix. Think I'd probably have used ecigs meself if they were available then but I dunno if they help you break the habit. I had a bang on one of those pipe thingies when I was in Egypt a year or so ago and it did nowt for me.

I gave up 5 years ago on Bonnie night. Used Champix. Think I'd probably have used ecigs meself if they were available then but I dunno if they help you break the habit. I had a bang on one of those pipe thingies when I was in Egypt a year or so ago and it did nowt for me.

Pretty sure there's no nicotine in those things.

Edit: I'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to spend ?200 month on fags ... now I buy 3 packs of e-cigs and 2 50g packs of baccy ... ?50 month ! ... smoke e-cigs at work, baccy at home ... been going for 4 months now

I got this starter pack which is great as I can have one on charge all the time

http://myepack.co.uk...tarter-kit.html

Here for my juices, great deal at 5 x 10ml for ?10

http://www.magnifeci...rette-E-Liquid/

right going to give this one a go, the oversized ciggarettes are not working, especially when i am drinking

would you still recommend the starter pack?

also any recommendations on strength of the juices?

Archived