E Cigarettes

Pete Seeger

Just over ?200 saved once e-cig refills are taken into account versus if I had continued with my 15 a day habit.

Just booked 2 weeks away in June for little over double that.

Nicotine addiction makes you insane.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Les Izemore

Oversized E Fags didnt work for me either.

Best advice I'd say is get yourself into a decent shop. Either the Vapour Lounge in Broughton Street or near the Brauhaus or the one in Dalry. They are both widely aknowledged to have the best selection of kit and the most knowledgeable staff.

I started off on a cheaper rechargeable kit from Dalry shop and the last few weeks moved up to the bit of kit above. It was dear but its less than I was spending on fags in 10 days.

I use the 24mg e liquid because I was smoking about 20 Malboro Lights a day, but there are other stengths available. You want to try out a few flavours of juice as well. I found going away from tobacco flavours really helped me. Currently trying out Epic Juice's Wake and Vape flavour which is vanilla latte tasting.

Ive been doing a lot of research into this as I'm a bit geeky when it comes to the tech behind all of this and it's amazing whats going on with it. The kit really does make a huge difference to the experience in terms of flavour, throat hit and te quality of the vape.

I cant recommend the Innokin iTaste VTR highly enough btw!

Another vote here for both The Vapour Lounge shops and Epic Juice Wake & Vape, that's my brand now and I've found nothing nearly as good.

Plus, that iTaste VTR looks the business but I've yet to try it.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm getting right into this now. Tried most of the Epic Juice flavours now.

Wake and Vape is my go to flavour for the morning and night time

Main Squeeze i like during the day as its got a menthol lemony melon taste

Airheadz I like but I find the flavour a bit too much for using all day

Big Stik's good as a change but again not one for all the time

Apple Jax I didnt buy as I wasnt keen on the biscuity taste.

I started off with the iClear 30s tanks but Ive just bought an XJet Clearomiser which I find is better from the first puff, ythe other one I find you need an intial puff before your main one to get a decent hit.

One of these arrived on Saturday but Ive not had a chance to play with it yet. Its a Kayfun Russian 91% tank which gets great reviews. I want to mess about and produce my own coils next.

Capturedd.JPG

Bowmans_Boot

I got one from Vaporized on leith walk and it is superb. The starter kit cost ?45 & I have saved a fortune in the last three weeks. I still smoke Marlboro Lights (my motivation was saving money rather than stopping altogether as I like smoking) but have gone from 15+ a day to around 7.

Les Izemore

I'm getting right into this now. Tried most of the Epic Juice flavours now.

Wake and Vape is my go to flavour for the morning and night time

Main Squeeze i like during the day as its got a menthol lemony melon taste

Airheadz I like but I find the flavour a bit too much for using all day

Big Stik's good as a change but again not one for all the time

Apple Jax I didnt buy as I wasnt keen on the biscuity taste.

I started off with the iClear 30s tanks but Ive just bought an XJet Clearomiser which I find is better from the first puff, ythe other one I find you need an intial puff before your main one to get a decent hit.

One of these arrived on Saturday but Ive not had a chance to play with it yet. Its a Kayfun Russian 91% tank which gets great reviews. I want to mess about and produce my own coils next.

Capturedd.JPG

I'll give the Main Squeeze juice a go, sounds interesting, although the other juices you listed weren't for me.

I think that's the main thing with people sticking with vaping is finding the right combo of juice and kit.

I find the iClear 30 fine from the first puff but I'm using 18ml juice so maybe that's why it doesn't make any difference to my vaping.

And making your own coils, wow, that's dedication. :)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

And making your own coils, wow, that's dedication. :)

Check out this dude in the states!

This guys reviews are good too (he's from Inverkeithing) Sound guy, he raffles off all the samples he's given for charity every month. Think he raised ?4k last month<

http://www.toddsreviews.com/

Les Izemore

Check out this dude in the states!

This guys reviews are good too (he's from Inverkeithing) Sound guy, he raffles off all the samples he's given for charity every month. Think he raised ?4k last month<

http://www.toddsreviews.com/

Fair play the guy, I can't thread a needle without smashing up the gaff through frustration.

There's a new shop opened up in livingston, called Cignil. Decent amount of choice in there!

• 1 month later...
Jamboman1512

I got myself one of these a few weeks ago, not touched a real cig since http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/Basic-Vaping-Kits/Inno-Express-Kit/Inno-Express-650-Kit.Html?cPath=34_104&wizid=84ha4ncjt64tcpa6e8h2k17715

also got one of these http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/Vaping-Spares/Batteries--Passthroughs/Vision-Spinner-1300.html?cPath=7_10

and one of these http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/Vaping-Spares/Tanks--Accessories/Kanger-Mini-Protank-3.Html?cPath=7_16

i get my eliquid from liberty flights, loving the xo strawberry milkshake flavour at the moment, to me it tastes a bit like a Mcdonalds strawberry milkshake, very nice.

4 weeks past Saturday I bought the ?30 stater kit from Evo Vape on Great Junction St, used it quite heavily in the first week going through 2/3rds of a 10ml bottle of 24mg liquid so after a week I bought another 20ml of 18mg liquid.

Currently sat with 3rd of a bottle of 24mg left and probably 16 out of the 20ml left of 18mg strength.

Not had a single cig and maybe use the vape 3 or 4 times a day for a couple of puffs, even at work I still go out for a smoke when other people go out but can quite happily stand and chat for 5 mins rather than actually vape!

Even going a day without any before I could get to the shop and replace my faulty battery was easy!

• 1 month later...
The Comedian

Just ordered the eGo CE4 starter kit. Hopefully that will replace the tabs when I'd usually smoke like work breaks etc.

Can't be arsed with this smoking and drinking caper anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Where can you get one of these?

You can actually get pipe shaped ones in Gorgie,by the way,I'm 150 days off the fags this Thursday.

You can actually get pipe shaped ones in Gorgie,by the way,I'm 150 days off the fags this Thursday.

Was just thinking about this thread earlier today, 228 days for me without a cigarette. :thumbsup:

John Gentleman

Got myself a provari with a rebuildable atomiser last week. large initial outlay but the flavour compared to an ego with a clearomiser is night and day. 29 days aff the snouts and counting...

I've got one too. Superb piece of kit ? as it should be for the price. Only downside is its weight; I walk with a limp when it's in my top pocket!

Ron Burgundy

Got one last week and it's kept me off the tabs but my concern is how much nicotine I'm now getting. How often do you use them? Are you meant to have 10 puffs or so like you would when you have a smoke or what?

Where about, Towzer?

Everybody I know who uses these vapour snouts still smokes. Pointless IMO.

Been vaping since November. Wheels came off a few backs on a stag do to Amsterdam, but not worried about that and apart from that instance, no fags for me. :-)

Les Izemore

Vaping and baccy-free since 25/10/2013.

30 years smoking baccy gone in a puff.

Actually bought a packet of baccy on route to buying my vape. Never opened it.

I got one of these skycig(blu) last September and ive not had a ciggy since and thats after 35 years of smoking. Me and the wife were getting through 40 a day between us (?15).To keep us going on skycigs is about ?3 a day so 12x7 = ?84 a week saving.

• 2 weeks later...

You see the people that vape in supermarkets and that - because they can...

:cornette:

Scaffs

Scaffs

Yip. Although Asda and Sainsbury'st include e-cigarettes within their smoking policy i.e. not permitted.

the stone rose

I'm on patches just now. 5 days since i last smoked, managing, but tough. Do people actually quit completely after using the e-cigs for a while, or have they just replaced tabs with the e-cigs?

Jamboman1512

Scaffs

I use mine in the pub, when having a drink with my hibs mate i find it highly amusing when i'm sat inside enjoying a pint and a vape while he is outside getting soaked in the pishing rain.

I'm on patches just now. 5 days since i last smoked, managing, but tough. Do people actually quit completely after using the e-cigs for a while, or have they just replaced tabs with the e-cigs?

I have basically just replaced them although i use my ecig less than what i was smoking, I reckon i'll get the nicotine level right down to 0 after a while. Then probably just stop completely.

Scaffs

I smoke everywhere coz I'm that hard.

• 1 month later...
Refreshment Barrier

bought one from vapour lounge 4 weeks ago, nae tabs since - was feeling chesty after we done over 2000 tabs on our two week holiday

was hitting 30 a day normally so should be a good saving

sitting having a parma violet one just now

Refreshment Barrier

Been vaping since November. Wheels came off a few backs on a stag do to Amsterdam, but not worried about that and apart from that instance, no fags for me. :-)

joints dinnae count :uhoh2:

The stewards freely let you puff away behind the Gorgie

And at the bottom of the steps behind the Wheatield but maybe the new regime are going to try to stamp it out.

John Gentleman

Not in my case. My vaporisers act as a replacement for tabs.

I think I'm a nicotine tragic.

Do people actually use the vapour ones in supermarkets just because they can? Trampy *******s.

And at the bottom of the steps behind the Wheatield but maybe the new regime are going to try to stamp it out.

I wonder why?

Since these things do no damage to those around them (farting causes more annoyance) and are much safer than fags you'd think people would do more to encourage us to stop smoking! Seems to be a ban everything for an easy life decision.

I have asked them the question and will post their reply.

For the record, my last cigarette was 16th Sept 2013 and I couldn't have done it without e-fags.

One of the reasons im happy to be in China, When I left UK it was probably about 5 pounds a pack.

Even in Hong Kong you can pay that for Marlborough gold , However found a Taiwan brand named Golden Deer here in China

it costs me 25 Yuan (rmb) approx 2 pounds 50 pence for a carton.

I would like to give up, but e-cigarettes would cost me more than an actual cigarette and I do enjoy a smoke after a coffee.

I wonder why?

Since these things do no damage to those around them (farting causes more annoyance) and are much safer than fags you'd think people would do more to encourage us to stop smoking! Seems to be a ban everything for an easy life decision.

I have asked them the question and will post their reply.

For the record, my last cigarette was 16th Sept 2013 and I couldn't have done it without e-fags.

:spoton:

Jamboman1512

One of the reasons im happy to be in China, When I left UK it was probably about 5 pounds a pack.

Even in Hong Kong you can pay that for Marlborough gold , However found a Taiwan brand named Golden Deer here in China

it costs me 25 Yuan (rmb) approx 2 pounds 50 pence for a carton.

I would like to give up, but e-cigarettes would cost me more than an actual cigarette and I do enjoy a smoke after a coffee.

I've got to disagree with you there, it can be pretty expensive when you get your first kit but after that it is very cheap, i have a few small bottles of different flavoured liquids that i have had for a few months now, i haven't had to spend any money for my ecig since i got them, so that's over ?100 in just the last few months i have saved that would have been spent on cigs, make the switch, better for your health and your bank balance :thumbsup:

Saved over ?1500 since I made the switch to ecigs earlier this year. If anyone wants to quit then can't reccommend enough. The other bonus which you might not consider is that you'll save even more as you won't have to go to the shops on a daily basis where you'll invariably pick up other crap you don't need.

Bowmans_Boot

They didnt appear overly bothered about people smoking today, from what I saw.

Jamboman1512

Anybody use atomisers with a drip tip, i have just started using one, get great flavour from it, good for when you're in your house, not ideal for when you're out and about, just add a few drops of liquid then vape away till the flavour starts to go then drip some more, good for testing new flavours instead of filling up cartomisers/clearomisers/tanks. Currently using mine with a bubble gum flavour liquid, mmmm.

i'm using one of these cheap ones - http://www.vapeescap...html?cPath=7_28

RDA , Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser . Got a few of these in the house and as your say its good for testing flavors.

Spent an absolute fortune on all sorts vaping related but i'm pleased to say thats over 7 Month without a snout.

• 1 month later...

Bought a proper one yesterday and haven't had a snout in over 24 hours.

Been far easier than anything else I've tried, including having a drink last night and coffee this morning.

Only thing I'm slightly worried about is being a total malco earlier and spilling a fair chunk of the liquid on myself when accidentally unscrewing the wrong bit as I went to change the battery. :facepalm:

Got my hands washed sharpish and no ill effects yet, thankfully - but a mild stress I could do without :laugh:

Bought a proper one yesterday and haven't had a snout in over 24 hours.

Been far easier than anything else I've tried, including having a drink last night and coffee this morning.

Only thing I'm slightly worried about is being a total malco earlier and spilling a fair chunk of the liquid on myself when accidentally unscrewing the wrong bit as I went to change the battery. :facepalm:

Got my hands washed sharpish and no ill effects yet, thankfully - but a mild stress I could do without :laugh:

Yep, some tanks are really fiddly and frustrating to fill and maintain. The one I've got now is the easiest to use and gives a great vape: Aspire Nautilus Mini.

Good luck, I'm 11 months without tobacco.

Archived