E Cigarettes

Pete Seeger

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right going to give this one a go, the oversized ciggarettes are not working, especially when i am drinking

would you still recommend the starter pack?

also any recommendations on strength of the juices?

are these electric ones ok to use at the football?

also how do pubs stand on this?

I got the starter kit posted in my earlier thread after many recommendations from a few forums and it's certainly doing the trick for me.

I have started on the 18mg strength juices and hope to cut that down over time. Wee tip os to only buy small 10ml bottles in case ou don't like one. Cappuchino is bogging but I've enjoyed cola, lemon/lime, apple and fizzy sherbet :)

Not sure about pub and the football although I've seen people using them at both, I prefer to follow my old habit and only vape in places I could smoke before.

Good luck mate, best decision I've made in a long time.

is it worth starting on the tobacco liquid or not really?

I got 5 different flavours initially including tobacco, the tobacco one is one I won't be buying again.

Why not pop into the shop on Gorgie Road as I believe he will let you try them out.

http://empvap.com/

well thats me started on them on Saturday Morning and so far so good

tobacco, mentol and watermelon flavours have been purchased.

Well done and good luck mate.

I find it helps to bump this thread every now and again to shout about how well you're doing.

Not had a cigarette since the 1st November :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Still off the cigarettes, 10 weeks now.

Just had to buy new bottom coils for my evod, 5 for ?6.60. Dropped from 2.2 ohms to 1.8 and what a difference :thumbsup:

How's everyone else doing?

Still off the cigarettes, 10 weeks now.

Just had to buy new bottom coils for my evod, 5 for ?6.60. Dropped from 2.2 ohms to 1.8 and what a difference :thumbsup:

How's everyone else doing?

Well done mate.

I'm still on the vape since 25th October and not had any urges for tobacco. Still trying different flavours, some good some not so good, all 18mg. Buying some new kit next week and actually looking forward to browsing my options. Not missing my yellowed ciggie fingers, hacking cough or morning lung butter gobs at all.

Can't be long before it's heavily taxed. :(

Well done mate.

I'm still on the vape since 25th October and not had any urges for tobacco. Still trying different flavours, some good some not so good, all 18mg. Buying some new kit next week and actually looking forward to browsing my options. Not missing my yellowed ciggie fingers, hacking cough or morning lung butter gobs at all.

Can't be long before it's heavily taxed. :(

Cheers and well done you too.

I'm still experimenting with flavours too, bought some from a new shop in Musselburgh last week but they didn't match up to my usual kind and were more expensive too so I'll be going back to my usuals. 5 x 10ml for ?10.

are these electric ones ok to use at the football?

also how do pubs stand on this?

Belhaven have banned vaping in all their pubs, pretty sure most chain pubs will follow suit! Apparent reason is that in larger pubs it isn't clear to barstaff that you are vaping rather than smoking!

Belhaven have banned vaping in all their pubs, pretty sure most chain pubs will follow suit! Apparent reason is that in larger pubs it isn't clear to barstaff that you are vaping rather than smoking!

And in other news Police Scotland want to ban driving because they can't tell whether you've been drinking or not.

Ridiculous decision. (the Belhaven one, the Police Scotland one I just made up)

I never vape in a pub but that's got my back up.

In a large pub it's not clear if you're smoking or vaping????

Go and check then and if they're smoking chuck them out, if they're vaping, leave them alone.

And in other news Police Scotland want to ban driving because they can't tell whether you've been drinking or not.

Ridiculous decision. (the Belhaven one, the Police Scotland one I just made up)

I never vape in a pub but that's got my back up.

In a large pub it's not clear if you're smoking or vaping????

Go and check then and if they're smoking chuck them out, if they're vaping, leave them alone.

Think their point is that in a busy pub they don't want barstaff wasting their time by having to check every 2mins whether the plume of vapour at the other side of the pub is vapour or someone smoking!

Think their point is that in a busy pub they don't want barstaff wasting their time by having to check every 2mins whether the plume of vapour at the other side of the pub is vapour or someone smoking!

I get that but to me it's a nonsense.

Since smoking was banned in pubs/restaurants I've never seen anyone doing it.

Thursday 7.30pm ITV. Program looks at ecigs and the debate on whether they're good or bad.

You sure?

According to what I'm seeing it's a program called "Is Britain back in business?" All about manufacturing jobs returning to Britain and do we have a skilled workforce to support it.

No Cigs since 8th March 2013, use Gorgie emporium vapour shop. Feels great. Save a fortune I use gold silver and Max x.

Chaka Demus & pliers

You sure?

According to what I'm seeing it's a program called "Is Britain back in business?" All about manufacturing jobs returning to Britain and do we have a skilled workforce to support it.

Pushed back a week to 23rd apparently. It's a programme called 'Rise of the e-cigarette'.

No Cigs since 8th March 2013, use Gorgie emporium vapour shop. Feels great. Save a fortune I use gold silver and Max x.

Yet to hear of anybody failing with the e-cigs :thumbsup:

3rd May 2013 for me, I smoked for 25 years and struggled to give up many times. E-cigs are the mutts.... ?15 a month now unless I need batteries then it's ?35ish. I was spending ?200 plus on fags... Just about to have my 2nd skiing holiday of the season thanks to E-cigs!

John Gentleman

Yet to hear of anybody failing with the e-cigs :thumbsup:

I've known quite a few folk who've lapsed from e-cigs (the fag wannabe ones) and gone back to smokes.

PVs though, based on anecdotal reports, have a very high success rate.

Oz doesn't allow any nicotine in the e-juices sold locally (though you can import them, weirdly). So what we do is import 500ml or 1 litre bottles of nicotine e-liquid from the US and mix it with locally sourced flavours. That way you can 'tailor-mix' your e-juice to whatever nicotine strength you want (or need to get/keep you off the fags).

Works like a charm. :smoking:

I've known quite a few folk who've lapsed from e-cigs (the fag wannabe ones) and gone back to smokes.

I started with the e-cig/fag wannabee type and haven't had a cig since 9th Nov last year. Bought a PV (the thing that looks like a sonic screwdriver?) the other day though.

Best of both worlds! ;-)

So far both working for me!

I tried to stop using one of those lookalike cigarettes and lasted a few weeks before caving in, been using the vape type since 1st November and confident that I'm not going back any time soon to real cigarettes.

ps, what's a PV?

John Gentleman

I tried to stop using one of those lookalike cigarettes and lasted a few weeks before caving in, been using the vape type since 1st November and confident that I'm not going back any time soon to real cigarettes.

ps, what's a PV?

'Personal Vapouriser' (or Vaporizer if ye'r a Yank).

15 October 2013 was the day I finally said goodbye to tobacco after 30 years.

Get vaping kids you won't regret it!!!

12th May Last year gave up for good.

Smoked from 17-53.

Champix did it for me, Oh and the crazy dreams were sensational absolutely brilliant.

would take it again for the dreams alone.

Not a smoker and this belhaven decision annoys me. From what I've experienced, the e-cigs etc don't smell like smoke.

IF you're working in the pub and you smell smoke, check the folk smoking and throw out the guilty party. If you don't smell smoke continue on until you do smell smoke.

Failed or heard of someone who did?

What type of ecig was it?

Genuinely interested to know.

Me. One of the ones from the shop on Gorgie Road. I have cut down a lot but been unable to stop completely.

Captain Price

I don't know if it's the way I'm doing it but I find it really hard to inhale these vapourisers, it almost kills my throat. End up coughing like a looney. Do you guys inhale like a cigarette or just let it linger in your mouth like a cigar?

I don't know if it's the way I'm doing it but I find it really hard to inhale these vapourisers, it almost kills my throat. End up coughing like a looney. Do you guys inhale like a cigarette or just let it linger in your mouth like a cigar?

Try dropping the strength of the juice or next time you change the atomizer (bottom coil on mine) go for one with higher resistance.

BoJack Horseman

Never had an e-cig, but from my experience with vapourisers. you're basically just coaxing the vapour out. You don't have to draw as hard as a cigarette, just gently breathe in with your lips loosely over the end of the device.

I've just got the Evod starter kit from the link posted earlier on this thread.

I've just went my first 24 hours without a fag!

In the kit there were about half a dozen spare "coils"

Could anyone tell me how often they need changed and how do I tell when they do?

Is it the case that they just stop working and I then swap them over?

I've just got the Evod starter kit from the link posted earlier on this thread.

I've just went my first 24 hours without a fag!

In the kit there were about half a dozen spare "coils"

Could anyone tell me how often they need changed and how do I tell when they do?

Is it the case that they just stop working and I then swap them over?

Well done :thumbsup:

The coils last about 3 weeks (more if you've got 2 units and are using them alternatively) and are very easy to replace, also cheap to buy replacements as well. I think I paid ?6 for 5 of them.

You'll know when to change the bottom coil as you'll get a horrible burnt taste in your mouth even with plenty liquid in the tank.

What's this talk of 'coils'. Do you mean wicks, like wax candles?

My vape comes in 2 main parts, battery and tank. Within the tank is the liquid and a four strand wick that draws the liquid into the heating element due to capilliary action where it's vaporised. The wick needs replaced about once a month and are 4 off for ?5.

Are we talking about the same thing?

What's this talk of 'coils'. Do you mean wicks, like wax candles?

My vape comes in 2 main parts, battery and tank. Within the tank is the liquid and a four strand wick that draws the liquid into the heating element due to capilliary action where it's vaporised. The wick needs replaced about once a month and are 4 off for ?5.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Similar, the one that romac has (and me) has got a single wick, you can see it midway up the part in the picture below.

T1FTSH3.jpg

Good stuff mate, day 91 for me and not even considered having a real cigarette :thumbsup:

yeah same here

big test for me will be going to the Poland v Scotland game at the start of March

i have always smoked like a chimney on lads football away trips

yeah same here

big test for me will be going to the Poland v Scotland game at the start of March

i have always smoked like a chimney on lads football away trips

Just take your e-cig with you then!

Going to sort myself out with one of these today. What's the JKB consensus for the best place to order from?

I popped into the Emporium Vapour on Gorgie Road. Helpful staff who explain everything well.

Archived