E Cigarettes

Pete Seeger

Gregory House M.D.

http://vaporized.co.uk/

On the middle of Leith Walk.

If you are getting one, I would suggest 2 batteries so you always have a charged one. Means you are more likely to stop the fags.

Terrible shop. The only things I've bought from there were either broken or broke within days.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
William H. Bonney

I have a sky cig but find myself coughing from it quite a bit. Would people on here suggest a vapour style. Are they easier to smoke?

Caspian Primrose

Not had snout since I got mine a month ago. Not been bevvied in that time but will be this sunday so that'll be real test for me.

I have a sky cig but find myself coughing from it quite a bit. Would people on here suggest a vapour style. Are they easier to smoke?

I've got a VIP e-cig

vip-electronic-cigarette-starter-kit-320x200.jpg

and I bought a disposable e-cig at East Midlands airport as my battery ran out. The disposable one was bouffin'....certainly not a patch on the VIP for smoothness.

I've also got a vapouriser pipe thing too.

Horses for courses but if you think you'll use it a lot, I'd be tempted to go with the vapouriser.

William H. Bonney

I've got a VIP e-cig

vip-electronic-cigarette-starter-kit-320x200.jpg

and I bought a disposable e-cig at East Midlands airport as my battery ran out. The disposable one was bouffin'....certainly not a patch on the VIP for smoothness.

I've also got a vapouriser pipe thing too.

Horses for courses but if you think you'll use it a lot, I'd be tempted to go with the vapouriser.

Thanks. Perhaps it's the variation of flavours that is drawing me towards the vapouriser. I think I might drop in at that shop on gorgie road.

Thanks. Perhaps it's the variation of flavours that is drawing me towards the vapouriser. I think I might drop in at that shop on gorgie road.

Have to say I use the vapouriser most now.

William H. Bonney

Have to say I use the vapouriser most now.

Just got back from the guys on gorgie road. Got my kit and I'm ready to go. Excellent service in there. Nice guys to deal with.

Going to sort myself out with one of these today. What's the JKB consensus for the best place to order from?

I've suggested this one earlier on in the thread, for this you get 2 ecigs so one can always be on charge, Highly recommended.

http://myepack.co.uk/evod-starter-kit.html

You get 1 bottle of juice with this, I buy my juices from here -

http://www.magnifecig.co.uk/products/5-x-10ML-E-liquid-Any-Flavour-or-Strength.html

I've been a smoker for 24 years (which is horrendous when I think about it)

Whenever I've tried to stop before, I've barely managed a day.

I've now not had a cigarette (or a roll-up in my case) since the 21st January and I've really no desire to roll a fag.

I have a quick puff on the vapouriser when I think I need it.

I'm getting through situations when I'd normally have a fag, like walking to the shops, back to the car, work etc.without even bothering.

I can already feel the difference in my breathing. It's so nice to wake up in the morning without a wheeze.

Just take your e-cig with you then!

yeah i plan to

maybe have to buy a back up battery or a bigger battery, think i have one of the smaller batteries at the moment

Saw both Graygo and Allyjambo with e-cigarettes yesterday. Can't say I saw many of them about until yesterday.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

How much are you guys spoending on the hardware?

I bought a cheapo starter set from the guy at Dalry buyt its a bit rough. Tried a customers one with variable voltage and it seemed better.

Also tobacco or non tobacco flavours? What are peoples preferences?

How much are you guys spoending on the hardware?

I bought a cheapo starter set from the guy at Dalry buyt its a bit rough. Tried a customers one with variable voltage and it seemed better.

Also tobacco or non tobacco flavours? What are peoples preferences?

I started on a bog standard 600 mAh battery and single coil tank and it was ok for about 2 months and kept me off the baccy, but I recently upgraded to an ?iClear 30 Dual Coil Tank & Vision Spinner variable voltage 1300 mA battery, 3.3V to 4.8V. The difference is huge.

The tank is double the size of a standard one and holds 3 ml up to its fill line meaning you don't have to top up so often. Plus the dual coil i.e 4 wicks, means it draws plenty juice. The battery makes the biggest difference though. The increased power means it produces far more vapour and the variable voltage is great, if you're wanting a quick hit or if you want a throat hit like you'd get from tobacco, just crank it up and boom.?

I think it cost about ?40 in total from The Vapour Lounge in Tollcross, just a few doors away from Brauhaus, but you'd get it cheaper online.?

I'd defo recommend investing in some decent kit if you're serious about sticking with it.?

As for flavours, it's all about personal preference and needs a bit trial and error. I've tried loads of different ones and just don't like the fruity flavours as I find them too sweet. I've settled on going between Amber Leaf tobacco flavour or a coffee flavour.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I started on a bog standard 600 mAh battery and single coil tank and it was ok for about 2 months and kept me off the baccy, but I recently upgraded to an iClear 30 Dual Coil Tank & Vision Spinner variable voltage 1300 mA battery, 3.3V to 4.8V. The difference is huge.

The tank is double the size of a standard one and holds 3 ml up to its fill line meaning you don't have to top up so often. Plus the dual coil i.e 4 wicks, means it draws plenty juice. The battery makes the biggest difference though. The increased power means it produces far more vapour and the variable voltage is great, if you're wanting a quick hit or if you want a throat hit like you'd get from tobacco, just crank it up and boom.

I think it cost about ?40 in total from The Vapour Lounge in Tollcross, just a few doors away from Brauhaus, but you'd get it cheaper online.

I'd defo recommend investing in some decent kit if you're serious about sticking with it.

As for flavours, it's all about personal preference and needs a bit trial and error. I've tried loads of different ones and just don't like the fruity flavours as I find them too sweet. I've settled on going between Amber Leaf tobacco flavour or a coffee flavour.

Did a bit of research online last night and I think Ive narrowed my choice down to either a Vamo V5 Kit or a Innokin iTaste VTR Both get great reviews but one is a bit more out there in terms of design. The guys at the place in Broughton Street (Vapour Lounge) were really helpful in terms of advice even at 9pm last night and I'd rather buy in the shops as it pees me off when people buy online then expect advice in my shop.

vamo-v5-kit_1.jpg

innokin-itaste-vtr-01.jpg

Did a bit of research online last night and I think Ive narrowed my choice down to either a Vamo V5 Kit or a Innokin iTaste VTR Both get great reviews but one is a bit more out there in terms of design. The guys at the place in Broughton Street (Vapour Lounge) were really helpful in terms of advice even at 9pm last night and I'd rather buy in the shops as it pees me off when people buy online then expect advice in my shop.

vamo-v5-kit_1.jpg

I've seen both of those and they look like great bits of kit. If you buy one remember and post a review here please.

I'd agree about buying from a shop as you can try before you buy and also agree about the guys at The Vapour Lounge being really helpful. I actually pass 3 other vaping shops to go there and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Did they show you the iPhone 5 vaping case? Too gimmicky for me.

epipe_single-(page-picture-large).jpg

Quite fancy one of these!

Tried one last week and was well impressed with it. Good amount of vapour plus it does that pipe thing of making you feel more intelligent. :)

I've yet to try an e-cigar though.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Did they show you the iPhone 5 vaping case? Too gimmicky for me.

I saw it online but I think I'd feel like a total ###### smoking my iPhone tbh!

Had the VIP e-cig pack through last night and am currently at 24 hours with no cigarettes. Whilst I have felt pretty ok, certainly better than other quit attempts, I haven't stopped thinking about smoking all day to be honest.

I went for the e-cig style as if i'm going to quit I really need something practical. Had a look at the other style but I just felt they'd be cumbersome and i'd end up not having it handy and having to turn to fags. Is there a significant difference in terms of effectiveness?

Had the VIP e-cig pack through last night and am currently at 24 hours with no cigarettes. Whilst I have felt pretty ok, certainly better than other quit attempts, I haven't stopped thinking about smoking all day to be honest.

I went for the e-cig style as if i'm going to quit I really need something practical. Had a look at the other style but I just felt they'd be cumbersome and i'd end up not having it handy and having to turn to fags. Is there a significant difference in terms of effectiveness?

I failed after a few weeks with the cigarette style ecig and it's been the same with most people I've spoken to but if it works for you then great.

Do you know why at all?

I'll hopefully use the ecig style through to the end of the month then invest in the other piece of kit and use it sparingly. Maybe in the morning, once at work then once in the evening.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Do you know why at all?

I'll hopefully use the ecig style through to the end of the month then invest in the other piece of kit and use it sparingly. Maybe in the morning, once at work then once in the evening.

I started with one of those too, I found them a bit rough and maybe not enough nicotine in them. With a proper set up its a lot smoother with better mouth feel

Massive difference mate. Of all the folk I know that have tried to kick the tobacco in favour of an alternative, not one of them has managed on the e-cig type things. Some of them have cut down whilst others have outright failed.

With vaping you get to tailor the juice strength, i.e. nicotine content, and the flavour. You totally get to personalise and find something that works for you. I get what you're saying about the kit seeming cumbersome and in need of maintenance as opposed to e-cigs or actual tobacco which is literally throw away disposable, but it's easy and the benefits are great.

29 years smoking tobacco and coughing my lungs up, gone.

Hope you can find something that works. Good luck.

Do you know why at all?

/\ /\ /\ What they said :thumbsup:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Just treated myself to this. ?80 but I equate that to 10 days smoking so a good investment.

Initial impression is that it's very well made and with the variable power the hit can be tailored to exactly how you want it.

On the Malboro Lights flavour at the moment but I'll try something different when I get another tank.

Have to big up the guys at Vapour Lounge on Broughton Street as they were great with advice. You can get this cheaper online but I wanted to know I had the back up if anything went wrong with it and I wanted any questions answering.

Let us know how you get on with that as I'm going to be upgrading soon.

?59.99 for that from the place I got my current one from :o

This must be great for the economy, yeah? All this money not going to the tobacco industry but being spent instead, in local restaurants and shops, or even the high street. The government will get it's cut one way or another. All good

This must be great for the economy, yeah? All this money not going to the tobacco industry but being spent instead, in local restaurants and shops, or even the high street. The government will get it's cut one way or another. All good

Too right.

Folk keep saying that I must be saving a fortune, but I'm still skint :(

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Let us know how you get on with that as I'm going to be upgrading soon.

?59.99 for that from the place I got my current one from :o

Make sure youre gettying the battery and charger for that price.

Mine's was ?80 all in

Make sure youre gettying the battery and charger for that price.

Mine's was ?80 all in

Your right enough, worked out about the same with 2 batteries and the charger.

Just treated myself to this. ?80 but I equate that to 10 days smoking so a good investment.

Initial impression is that it's very well made and with the variable power the hit can be tailored to exactly how you want it.

On the Malboro Lights flavour at the moment but I'll try something different when I get another tank.

Have to big up the guys at Vapour Lounge on Broughton Street as they were great with advice. You can get this cheaper online but I wanted to know I had the back up if anything went wrong with it and I wanted any questions answering.

Looks a cool kit, and great to hear it's working for you.

I'm at Vapour Lounge tomorrow for a new battery as I managed to drop mine and burst the power button, may look at getting something different. Also need more Epic juice, bit more expensive but it's the best I've found, Wake & Vape flavour, mmmm.

ASH want action taken to, amongst other things, restrict sales to under-age kids even though it is not a tobacco product.

ASH want action taken to, amongst other things, restrict sales to under-age kids even though it is not a tobacco product.

I think that is fair enough.

It still contains nicotine which is a poison...

Still not had a fag since 9th November.

Off to Amsterdam next weekend all helped by having some surplus cash!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Looks a cool kit, and great to hear it's working for you.

I'm at Vapour Lounge tomorrow for a new battery as I managed to drop mine and burst the power button, may look at getting something different. Also need more Epic juice, bit more expensive but it's the best I've found, Wake & Vape flavour, mmmm.

I'm on the Epic Juice as well. Way better than the regular stuff. Rocking the Big Stik flavour at the moment.

I'm on the Epic Juice as well. Way better than the regular stuff. Rocking the Big Stik flavour at the moment.

How much are you paying for the epic juice? Seems to be around ?9 for a 17ml bottle online which is quite a bit more than I'm paying for my usual brand but if it's much better I might give it a try.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

How much are you paying for the epic juice? Seems to be around ?9 for a 17ml bottle online which is quite a bit more than I'm paying for my usual brand but if it's much better I might give it a try.

It's about ?9 I think but its a much bigger bottle, if you vape that back to back with the regular stuff with less vegetable glycerine then you'll see the difference, it's a much denser vape

It's about ?9 I think but its a much bigger bottle, if you vape that back to back with the regular stuff with less vegetable glycerine then you'll see the difference, it's a much denser vape

Yep, ?9 for 17 ml bottle but far superior. I'm still alternating regular juice with Epic but Ivan see me switching completely. I'll give Big Stik a go, cheers.

Yep, ?9 for 17 ml bottle but far superior. I'm still alternating regular juice with Epic but Ivan see me switching completely. I'll give Big Stik a go, cheers.

Cheers, I'll give it a try.

Cheers, I'll give it a try.

On my phone so can't multiple-quote.

Had a go on BWT's new kit today and was very impressed. More than delivered on the Epic Wake & Vape juice. A really solid and funky piece of hardware. I could imagine the VTR being considered a kind of future stylish and classic design even. I was sorely tempted.

As for flavas, I've defo found mine, Epic Wake & Vape every time. Got 3 off 17ml bottles for ?25 today and anything else is gonna be a backup.

Happy vaping.

ToadKiller Dog

Bit in the Independent a dog bit into the liquid refill and died a pretty painful death , nicotine poisoning .

They say it wouldn't be harmful to a full grown human .

So keep the stuff away from dogs and small kids

Where are you getting the Epic Juice?

Vapour Lounge, a few doors up the hill from Brauhaus. They've also got a basement shop near the roundabout at the foot of Broughton Street.

Bit in the Independent a dog bit into the liquid refill and died a pretty painful death , nicotine poisoning .

They say it wouldn't be harmful to a full grown human .

So keep the stuff away from dogs and small kids

There are shops in town that mix their own juices i.e. The glycerin, flavour and nicottine are all bought separately.

I have heard that one of these shops sold a customer a pure nicotine bottle of juice and that he ended up hospitalised. It's a poison after all, and hence why I only use reputable suppliers.

Got myself a provari with a rebuildable atomiser last week. large initial outlay but the flavour compared to an ego with a clearomiser is night and day. 29 days aff the snouts and counting...

17 days with only my basic VIP e-cig for company. Starting to feel like i've completely broke the habitual part of smoking. Next to work on the nicotine addiction.

17 days with only my basic VIP e-cig for company. Starting to feel like i've completely broke the habitual part of smoking. Next to work on the nicotine addiction.

Well done mate, hope you can stick with it. If you manage you'll be the 1st person I know to succeed on VIP e-cigs alone.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

right going to give this one a go, the oversized ciggarettes are not working, especially when i am drinking

would you still recommend the starter pack?

also any recommendations on strength of the juices?

Oversized E Fags didnt work for me either.

Best advice I'd say is get yourself into a decent shop. Either the Vapour Lounge in Broughton Street or near the Brauhaus or the one in Dalry. They are both widely aknowledged to have the best selection of kit and the most knowledgeable staff.

I started off on a cheaper rechargeable kit from Dalry shop and the last few weeks moved up to the bit of kit above. It was dear but its less than I was spending on fags in 10 days.

I use the 24mg e liquid because I was smoking about 20 Malboro Lights a day, but there are other stengths available. You want to try out a few flavours of juice as well. I found going away from tobacco flavours really helped me. Currently trying out Epic Juice's Wake and Vape flavour which is vanilla latte tasting.

Ive been doing a lot of research into this as I'm a bit geeky when it comes to the tech behind all of this and it's amazing whats going on with it. The kit really does make a huge difference to the experience in terms of flavour, throat hit and te quality of the vape.

I cant recommend the Innokin iTaste VTR highly enough btw!

Archived