Well done to Rangers!!!

Dr. Bapswent

IMA MAROON

GB having 3 of the last 4 teams in Europe is quite unbelievable. Some achievement.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambojim52
What's Rangers doing the nation proud in European competition got to do with domestic rivalry?

PS - Hearts and rangers were rivals for about 2 weeks in 2005/06 and the 98 cup final. I wouldn't imagine they lose much sleep over us in our current state.

Sorry Barney but there is no way I am PROUD of Rangers. There are no teams in the SPL I want to win except Hearts, Unless the win helps us in a big way,and I don't mean the co-efficient crap.

FFS get a grip some people

Scottish club doing well in Europe who cares how they done it, but they did!!!!

Well done Rangers go on and win it!!!!!

speedbump
GB having 3 of the last 4 teams in Europe is quite unbelievable. Some achievement.

Aye, yer right although many of the best performers are non brits.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Guys,

The biterness at times on here is dreadful, Rangers have achieved the unachievable tonight. If you cant congratulate them then dont post on this thread.

Put all your bigoted thoughts aside tonight and revel in what is a great moment (as it was in 2003) for SCOTTISH football.

Who's being bigoted? Rangers are a bunch of *****, no matter what religion many of their braindead fans affiliate themselves with. Same goes for their neighbours. They've done very, very well, but I'm not going gush about how good they are and pleased I am. And come on - achieved the unachievable? Settle down. Aside from that being a total contradiction, if a big pyhsical Celtic side can reach the Uefa Cup final, then so can a big, physical Rangers side. If Scottish football benefits in terms of something tangible i.e. an extra Euro Place then great. If not, then its good for Rangers and pretty irrelevant as far as Hearts (or any other Scottish side) are concerned.

and why don't you just **** off ?

That would be nice.

**** the Rankgers, the worst team I have had the misfortune to watch in the UEFA cup this season, anti football is a fecking compliment.

Have they actually deserved to go through any of the rounds they have played ?

How crass a statement is that. If they didn't deserve to get through they wouldn't have got through.

Just because they dont play silky smooth Hobo football does not mean they dont deserve to get to the final. They played to there strengths, which are there two centre half's, Barry Ferguson and Whittaker, who I thought was immense tonight.

billyboy38

Well Done Rankers

What a great defensive performance

I watched the Zenith game and they like to play on the break and that wont happen v rangers, so its a hard call.

Hope they win uefa and League but QOS pump em in the scottish;)

Guys,

The biterness at times on here is dreadful, Rangers have achieved the unachievable tonight. If you cant congratulate them then dont post on this thread.

Put all your bigoted thoughts aside tonight and revel in what is a great moment (as it was in 2003) for SCOTTISH football.

Who are you to say who can post on this thread??

If you knew anything about scottish football you would realise Rangers have done nothing but damage our game.

Plundering teams for young talent only for them to be left to rot, every position of authority in scottish football filled by a hun, supporters behaving like **** and going unpunished, being worshipped in all media outlets and beyond reproach, players "unable" to play for their country, making their money off the back of a religion depriving teams of local support.....

I could go on. Forgive me for not offering my congratulations. Get a grip, theres only one team you should be supporting.

Bindy Badgy

Kerrydale Street is pretty amusing right now.

Even though I wanted to see the Huns lose it's nice to see the Tims upset.

jambojim52
Nae bother. I'm not jumping for joy don't get me wrong but I like it when a Scottish team raises the profile of the nation.

I've spent a lot of time abroad and just get a bit peed off with them slating Scottish football all the time.

I too spend a lot of time abroad and am sick to death of everyone asking If I support the OF. There is absolutely no benefit to Hearts in them winning, and too many on here cream themselves at the thought.

JamboRossi79
How crass a statement is that. If they didn't deserve to get through they wouldn't have got through.

Just because they dont play silky smooth Hobo football does not mean they dont deserve to get to the final. They played to there strengths, which are there two centre half's, Barry Ferguson and Whittaker, who I thought was immense tonight.

They don't play anything resembling football. They pack the defence and hope for the best, now that is crass.

Fiorentina had enough chances to win about 5 games tonight, Vieri (fecking idiot that he is) had enough chances himself to win 3 games on his own.

maroonlegions

If you knew anything about scottish football you would realise Rangers have done nothing but damage our game.

Plundering teams for young talent only for them to be left to rot, every position of authority in scottish football filled by a hun, supporters behaving like **** and going unpunished, being worshipped in all media outlets and beyond reproach, players "unable" to play for their country, making their money off the back of a religion depriving teams of local support.....

I could go on. Forgive me for not offering my congratulations. Get a grip, theres only one team you should be supporting.

and that is HMFC ,ZERO TOLERANCE:107years:;)

Ivan Drago
They don't play anything resembling football. They pack the defence and hope for the best, now that is crass.

Fiorentina had enough chances to win about 5 games tonight, Vieri (fecking idiot that he is) had enough chances himself to win 3 games on his own.

erm.....aye they do

JamboRossi79
erm.....aye they do

No, no they don't. Once again football has lost a game to anti football.

I think that was the game of his career tbh.

i dont think he'd ever dream of getting to an european final in his career.

well done to him for believeing in his own ability.

mccoist & the coaching staff have found a player, all be it not a tallented player, but name one scottish player that has that, not even fletcher (man u) is tallented.

if i was in the same shoes id be doing the same.

real men cry.

Interesting one that one. How does he play for Man United then?:confused:

kennygarland1

In case you had'nt noticed Hearts were'nt playing tonight. There were 2 teams playing tonight,an Italian team and a Scottish team,like me i'd imagine the vast majority of neutrals in this country would be on the Scottish side. Get rid of that chip on your shoulder you might just enjoy watching a SCOTTISH side in a major final.

maroonlegions
Rangers can ram it.

Hope they get pumped dry in the final.

i bet ya the bars in Manchester will be dry eh.:107years:

maroonlegions
In case you had'nt noticed Hearts were'nt playing tonight. There were 2 teams playing tonight,an Italian team and a Scottish team,like me i'd imagine the vast majority of neutrals in this country would be on the Scottish side. Get rid of that chip on your shoulder you might just enjoy watching a SCOTTISH side in a major final.

so whats Scottish about Rankgers, Rule Britannia, god save the queen or mmmm, the sash, good all Scottish club right enough eh.:rolleyes:;)

jambojim52

I was so depressed watching Rangers tonight I could have topped myself.No way was that enjoyment, and as for Scottish, how many Englandshire flags do they fly at hunbrox?

There is no chip on my shoulder, you can't dispute any point I have made.

I would also be very suprised if the VAST majority of neutrals were supporting Rangers.

Whats SCOTTISH about rangers? Were you at the last league game against them when they were singing "Swing low"? That reeks of scottishness doesn't it.

jambojim52
Some on here are talking like hibbies. Not saying anyone actually IS a hibbie but all this pesh about winning wi flair is a load of nonsense.

I don't know off the top of my head how many goals Rangers have scored this season but I would place a large bet that it's more that us and they have been more entertaining.

Oh come on Barney. They just played 3-1/2 hours without a goal. They may score in the SPL ( with help from the refs) and no way will I ever use the words flair. But there are standards that are expected, and they did not reach them. The dire negative style they adopt in europe is not helping the way we are perceived. Most already think our game is bad what will they think after that display?

I think Smith has done very well given he's in the process of rebuilding the huns team and the whole anti-football thing is pretty boring and has been latched on to after a couple of players complained about it earlier in the season. Its anti-football if your opposition does it, but playing intelligently and on the break if your team does it :)

Given they're far from done the rebuilding of a pretty dire squad, I don't think you can argue with their results.

What's Scottish about them? They've got a fair few Scots in their starting lineup now which is something we can't slag them off about any more.

Never mind though, we all know the UEFA is just the diddy cup in European terms :)

JamboRossi79
Some on here are talking like hibbies. Not saying anyone actually IS a hibbie but all this pesh about winning wi flair is a load of nonsense.

I don't know off the top of my head how many goals Rangers have scored this season but I would place a large bet that it's more that us and they have been more entertaining.

Who is talking about flair ? I am talking general football. I am a huge football fan and just watching Rankgers play is almost enough to bore me to tears.

They don't play football it's quite simple. Football once again has lost, it is a very sad day for football.

Dagger Is Back
I'll keep my right to post on any thread thanks. And I refuse to congratulate a side who have sat with 10 men behind the ball for 6 games in a row. If you want to dribble over them then fill your boots. Thats your choice

Spot on IMO UKOL.

That was a ****ing dire game of football. Zenit will destroy them if they try to play that ****e again. Anti football as it was once described.

Hope they get pumped in the final? Sure as hell do. Petty, small minded? Yip that's me when it comes to either of the OF. They can all go and drown in their own buckie induced vomit.

Can only hope that the team get pumped and the fans show the rest of the UK what a bunch of smelly badly behaved louts they really are.

Would be poetic justice if they belted out their usul ditties, won the cup only for UEFA to take it from them.

Edinburghs going to look like Sauchiehall Street over the next couple of weeks!

Fenerjambo

Well done to Rangers and it can only be good for SCOTTISH football. Just shows what a good manager can do with not the greatest players in the world but players Walter Smith has induced team spirit to a very high level unlike our patch where the interim coach hasn't got a Barr's irn' bru and the players act like spoilt little brats!!

WorldChampions1902

A pretty ordinary Rangers side IMHO has achieved the impossible in reaching the final. I have to confess grudging admiration and Watty's done a great job.

Having admired St. Petersburg and the way they dispensed with Bayern, I fear 'der Hun' could be on the receiving end of a hiding in Manchester though :eek:

Fenerjambo
Who is talking about flair ? I am talking general football. I am a huge football fan and just watching Rankgers play is almost enough to bore me to tears.

They don't play football it's quite simple. Football once again has lost, it is a very sad day for football.

I'm sure you'd be sitting in the house right now complaining about boring football if it was Hearts who were in Rangers' shoes right now??

kennygarland1
There is no chip on my shoulder, you can't dispute any point I have made.

I would also be very suprised if the VAST majority of neutrals were supporting Rangers.

Whats SCOTTISH about rangers? Were you at the last league game against them when they were singing "Swing low"? That reeks of scottishness doesn't it.

Rangers are every bit as Scottish as we are,they play in the Scottish league and the last time i looked Glasgow was still in Scotland.

I dont give a dying ***** what some of their deluded support sing,if they want to sing an American slave song and look silly doing it who are we to complain,just laugh at them as the majority do and stop being so sensitive.

Rangers are every bit as Scottish as we are,they play in the Scottish league and the last time i looked Glasgow was still in Scotland.

I dont give a dying ***** what some of their deluded support sing,if they want to sing an American slave song and look silly doing it who are we to complain,just laugh at them as the majority do and stop being so sensitive.

Do you think they want to be playing in a scottish league like?

I am sure the vast majority of them were thinking about picking cotton when they were singing it.

Sensitive??? What are you on about. Stop being naive.

colinmaroon

Some FACTS and some OPINIONS!!!

FACT: I detest Rangers!!!

OPINION: I consider that Walter Smith has done an amazing job getting that lot to a Euro Final, especially without all the help they get in the Scottish game from match officials!

FACT: If Fiorentina could cross a ball, they'd have won by a barrowload!!!

OPINION: They'll get gubbed in the Final!

FACT: I won't be greetin' if they do!!!

JamboRossi79
I'm sure you'd be sitting in the house right now complaining about boring football if it was Hearts who were in Rangers' shoes right now??

mod delete. I am a Hearts supporter and results come first for me and my team. Rankgers are ****, got it yet ?

JamboRossi79

Are Celtic Scottish too then ?

and why don't you just **** off ?

That would be nice.

**** the Rankgers, the worst team I have had the misfortune to watch in the UEFA cup this season, anti football is a fecking compliment.

Have they actually deserved to go through any of the rounds they have played ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I heard they were in the final. If they are the worst team then that must make the others absolute dross. Something like the Hearts under our glorious leader Romanov who cant even make the top six.

Absolutely unbelievable achievement with that group of players. Hope your watching Romanov you ****, they finished below us just 2 years ago.

wright1989
aye well done

did scotland proud.

i hate everything attached to them, but as for footballing terms & players & managment.

take a bow

Got to agree, Since there are two english team's in the champs league i'm thrilled that a scottish team has made it. We need the scottish league picked up, if we continue to do good in europe we may get a 4th european place which will make scottish football more competitive and hopefully get more fans to the game. Come on SCOTLAND!

And hopfully Romanov watched this game and see what makes a great team. A Experienced MANAGER!!!!!

Fenerjambo
mod delete I am a Hearts supporter and results come first for me and my team. Rankgers are ****, got it yet ?

I take it you're upset that Rangers are in the Uefa Cup Final then?? I happen to be a Hearts supporter and I would give my right arm to be in that Uefa Cup Final even not playing attractive football?? Can't say that is feckin' stupid??:evilno:

The Baldmans Comb

A very bad day for football and a very bad day for Scotland.

The whole of Europe will now have to watch another drab, dire, defensive backs to the wall 120 minutes as they cling on for the hope of a penalty shoot out while listening to 17th century primitive songs and British war anthems.

There is nothing there that I remotely want to be associated with Scotland.:evilno:

Fantastic Rangers,a credit to the country

Fair play to them grinding their way to the final

But come on?

If they are the measure of our country I'd rather have nothing to do with it

Guys,

All hail the democratic right of freedom of speech!

The Doctor

A hun friend of mine recounted a conversation he had with another hun to me a few weeks ago.

"We could win the UEFA cup"

"Dinnae be daft, we're p i s h"

"Naw, p i s h teams can win that cup".

That pretty much sums it up for me.

They've done well to get there despite their obvious failings as a footballing side, although they have improved since we beat them earlier in the season.

Small consolation, if they win we might never hear about the 6 million tims who were in Seville again.

I,m happy that Rangers are in the final,**** game so what.Wish it was us.Fiorentina ??????Viera????????????????????

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

well done Rangers, what I would do to have Hearts have half as good a season, some right bitter people on here.

And CHELSEA last night, as my signature says ;)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'm not going to sit here and have a pop at them because they have achieved something we could only dream of. But i'm not going to join the bandwagon and fawn all over them. Uefa cup final or not they are still one of the most vile and contemptable institutions in the country. Everything they stand for stinks and nothing anyone can say will ever change my mind.

If it was us who had reached a final playing some of the most defensive, one dimensional football such as them, I dare say i wouldnt give a flying ferk. But as an outsider looking in, I can only say a team that beats Bayern Munich 5-1 on aggeragate deserves to win the thing over a team that consistently grinds out narrow victories.

And finally brace yourselves for the fall out from the SPL carving up the remaining football calender to suit them. One would say that if your classed as a big team with a so called top quality squad, you should be made to play games when they come and not have the whole thing changed to suit them. I appreciate the Phil O'Donnell situation plays a small factor but it would appear they are getting thier cake and eating it.

Archived