Hearts Reserves V Rangers Reserves

Susie-Jambo-66

Susie-Jambo-66

Hearts Reserves V Rangers Reserves

0-1 Rangers scored in the 6th min :sad:

Rawrrrrrrr

hmmm so let me just confirm in advance that if we lose the reserves will be pointless but if we win it will be some massive achievement :)

Commander Harris
hmmm so let me just confirm in advance that if we lose the reserves will be pointless but if we win it will be some massive achievement :)

nope, neither.

Susie-Jambo-66
Where's the game? if Riccarton I may catch the2nd half

Its at Forthbank Stadium

MackaysCentreSpot

Can we beat both the OF in the same week.........stay tuned

hmmm so let me confirm in advance that your next post will it be of a negative persuation?

Sexton Hardcastle

The asian betting folks will be getting their moneys worth today.

upthehill

sure beats real work! The Dundee Unt game was a good laugh a couple weeks ago, Makelas last ever appearance in a hearts shirt.

"Alastair Divine, Jamie Mole and Steven Husband were all on the mark for the Jambos."

That's another for Mole. Surely he has to start on Monday now?

Ryan Gosling
"Alastair Divine, Jamie Mole and Steven Husband were all on the mark for the Jambos."

That's another for Mole. Surely he has to start on Monday now?

I concur. Molenator deserves to play.

Husband might be worth a shot too, if Eggert doesn't make it. 2 goals in 2 reserve games.

Say What Again
Anyone have the team?

Ridgers, Stewart, Taylor (Wood 60), Rapnik, Divine, Mulrooney, Mackle (Aguiar 46), Husband, Driver (Love, 66), Mole, R. Wallace.

Rawrrrrrrr
Ridgers, Stewart, Taylor (Wood 60), Rapnik, Divine, Mulrooney, Mackle (Aguiar 46), Husband, Driver (Love, 66), Mole, R. Wallace.

There must be some mistake

You mean Jonny Taylor is still alive!!! Was this his annual reserve turn out before we give him a new deal :eek:

How was ridgers?

Im intrigued as the 3/4 times Ive seen him now he has been a bombscare but must be something there for the money spent on him

Divine is an interesting one because whilst he is not a bad player he's one of the older "kids" and doesnt look likely to challenge for a first team place anytime soon

Pete Seeger

That was a great game. We dominated the first half and should have won but for a dodgy offside third for the huns. Although they'll feel hard done by not getting a stonewall pen :eek:

It didn't look good when Rangers scored from kick off within the first 15 seconds but we responded superbly. Miles better than when I watched them against Killie a couple of weeks ago.

Ridgers - 6 Made a top save in the second half. Good performance bar some of his kicking

Devine - 8 MOTM for me. Superb display from the young full back

Rapnik - 6 Strolled through the game but made one or two errors, One of which cost us. Going to be a good player but I think he could do with another season in the reserves

Taylor - 6 Played well and solid before getting subbed in the second half

Stewart - 7 Really comfortable on the ball and looks to have pace

Driver - 6 Lacking a yard but looked ok

Mackle - 5 Anonymous before getting subbed at half time

Husband - 6 Caught in possesion a couple of times but made himself available. Scored a screamer in the second half

Mulrooney - 6 Didn't look bad but didn't get involved enough

Mole - 8 Looking very good at this level. Strong on the ball and very direct

Wallace - 7 Nippy player and if he can find a bit more pace he could be a prospect.

Bruno - 6 Neat and tidy

Woods - 5 Defence struggled when he replaced Taylor

Love - 6 Not enough time

The Rangers side was also a young side but we played well and should have won. Certainly looks like there are some promising players for the future.

Special mention to Banksy who was inches off succeeding in the cross bar challenge at half time. Oh and the old boy who came round with the soup and sandwiches at half time. :)

Raymond K?ruzor?
That was a great game. We dominated the first half and should have won but for a dodgy offside third for the huns. Although they'll feel hard done by not getting a stonewall pen :eek:

It didn't look good when Rangers scored from kick off within the first 15 seconds but we responded superbly. Miles better than when I watched them against Killie a couple of weeks ago.

Ridgers - 6 Made a top save in the second half. Good performance bar some of his kicking

Rapnik - 6 Strolled through the game but made one or two errors, One of which cost us. Going to be a good player but I think he could do with another season in the reserves

Husband - 6 Caught in possesion a couple of times but made himself available. Scored a screamer in the second half

Wallace - 7 Nippy player and if he can find a bit more pace he could be a prospect.

Bruno - 6 Neat and tidy

Love - 6 Not enough time

The Rangers side was also a young side but we played well and should have won. Certainly looks like there are some promising players for the future.

Special mention to Banksy who was inches off succeeding in the cross bar challenge at half time. Oh and the old boy who came round with the soup and sandwiches at half time. :)

I was there but I left at half time. Dammit I missed those sandwiches and soup- were you serious about that? Some kind of end-of-season treat?

Mole's goal was a cracker. Defence looked solid at times, but they obviously went to sleep at times- twice we scored and Rangers came right up the other end and scored.

Pete Seeger
I was there but I left at half time. Dammit I missed those sandwiches and soup- were you serious about that? Some kind of end-of-season treat?

Mole's goal was a cracker. Defence looked solid at times, but they obviously went to sleep at times- twice we scored and Rangers came right up the other end and scored.

I'm being serious I'm afaid. Nice lentil soup and they went round with a big tray of sarnies. Superb considering it was free to get in. It's just us Stirling peoples hospitality :)

Change your tune / brain / dress sense / diet.

Don't really watch the reserves/U19's but the same name seems to crop up. Is this not the right time to give Husband some first team exposure ? Perfect opportunity to give the lad a end of season boost.

Don't really watch the reserves/U19's but the same name seems to crop up. Is this not the right time to give Husband some first team exposure ? Perfect opportunity to give the lad a end of season boost.

Good football brain,seems to last 90 mins no problem but he has an annoying habbit of passing the ball to an opposition player.In saying that he had a great 2nd half against Inverness recently when everything clicked into place.

McGowan was a stick on to start in midfield for the 1st team but sadly he got injured.

E Mearns deserves a chance before Husband.S Mackle has also played well recently.Something i thought i would never ever say.A Devine cannot be far away as well.Good solid leftback.

Good football brain,seems to last 90 mins no problem but he has an annoying habbit of passing the ball to an opposition player.In saying that he had a great 2nd half against Inverness recently when everything clicked into place.

McGowan was a stick on to start in midfield for the 1st team but sadly he got injured.

E Mearns deserves a chance before Husband.S Mackle has also played well recently.Something i thought i would never ever say.A Devine cannot be far away as well.Good solid leftback.

A good solid left back ? Doubt he will get a game its not like we need a left back. :rolleyes:

bighusref

Bruno - 6 Neat and tidy

Love - 6 Not enough time

We only made the second half so cannot comment on the first FOUR goals due to my chauffeur.

Having seen your post, I now know that I heard your discussion with the linesman after the third goal! ;) We were kinda in line with the defence and I think he WAS onside sadly.

I liked the look of Ridgers, first I had seen him and he made an excellent save. It was not the first time that I had seen Rapnik but IMO he is ready for the first team, stopped a certain goal with an excellent sliding block. As for Devine, I prefer him right midfield, good footballer but not really a defender IMO. As for Wallace, IMO it is not pace he needs to find it is a pass to a Hearts man.

IMA MAROON

I'd like to see him as well, I think I read that he is still only 17.

Raymond K?ruzor?
I'm being serious I'm afaid. Nice lentil soup and they went round with a big tray of sarnies. Superb considering it was free to get in. It's just us Stirling peoples hospitality :)

absolutely gutting.

at least i saw the first half goals. have had a reserves jinx for the past season or two- have only been there for first halves and hardly saw a goal for months on end.

Seymour M Hersh

A question for Prancer. Were you rejected by us at youth level at some point in your life? Do you feel the coaches were completely wrong to dump you? Because if you were tough and if you were not then for gods sake give it a rest!!!:mad:

Rawrrrrrrr

No, I havent played at any sort of level tbh

I just think people need to realise that these boys are professional footballers, not 5 year old kids in playparks

They are paid good money for what they do and we as a club need to cherry pick the best of them and move on the rest

Tbh its best for everyone as there is no point in keeping players destined for the dole on any longer than we need as that way everyone can move on

Its a fact of life most clubs release plenty of youths every year

Its called realism and history suggests that most of those who played today will not make it at hearts or the SPL

If at 19/20 a player is nowere near the first team and doesnt do much in the reserves then I would have to say I dont think they are earning their cash and should be moved on

We are not a charity and these boys cost us money so I expect a return or at least signs of a return

Its all good creaming ourselves about 2 good results but they reserves have lost far too many games we should expect them to win this season, this alone would be ok if the performances showed something beyond the result but they havent

Pete Seeger

Don't think he's ready to be honest. The promise is there, but thats it just now. If anyone should step up it's Devine and Mole for me

Pete Seeger
We only made the second half so cannot comment on the first FOUR goals due to my chauffeur.

Having seen your post, I now know that I heard your discussion with the linesman after the third goal! ;) We were kinda in line with the defence and I think he WAS onside sadly.

I liked the look of Ridgers, first I had seen him and he made an excellent save. It was not the first time that I had seen Rapnik but IMO he is ready for the first team, stopped a certain goal with an excellent sliding block. As for Devine, I prefer him right midfield, good footballer but not really a defender IMO. As for Wallace, IMO it is not pace he needs to find it is a pass to a Hearts man.

Apologies for the language :sad: I'd like to clarify that i wasn't the boy that had an arguement with the rangers bench. I was the poorly dressed guy in the Boiler suit :) To be fair to Wallace he had a good first half up front along side Mole. In fact we were far better in the first half all over the park

Charlie-Brown
Don't think he's ready to be honest. The promise is there, but thats it just now. If anyone should step up it's Devine and Mole for me

They also happen to be the two most experienced / developed kids in that team.

Pfft. You're lucky that you saw any goals given that I only found out it was a 1pm ko at 11am and had to do a round trip from Newington to Duddingston to Leith and then the city centre first! ;)

Not being a reserve game regular, I wasn't aware that people got quite so hot under the collar...Loved the linesman abuse. Hehe.

Was disappointed not to see Eddie Mearns playing though, does anyone know anything more about this rumour that he's being released?

Pete Seeger
They also happen to be the two most experienced / developed kids in that team.

It shows. Perhaps because they're British they don't get the praise they deserve? Either way I don't think any of the others are ready for the first team. Plenty of potential but not quite there yet.

Rawrrrrrrr

With the u19's apparently on holiday from next week I'd imagine the murrays will be speaking to players about contracts etc very soon and would expect leaks to start next week

Tbh I really can't see us releasing mearns given he has been captaining the reserves some weeks, Id expect he gets at least a year and I have a feeling a loan to raith

Thought that was a strange comment myself. Wallace has pace to burn and it constantly leads to chances for him at under-19s level. What holds him back at present is that he sometimes misses four chances to every goal he scores and his football is developed to a reserve level yet.

As for Devine, it's strange because I've spoken to guys who played against/with him at school (he was two years below me) and another couple of guys who played for Raith and they all say he is rubbish, they can't believe he has made it anywhere near his far. However, every time I have seen Ally play he has had a decent to good game and seems to play well very out of position at left back in the reserves. So I think he may be one of those late developers. Plus, he's a jambo.

Archived