The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Салатные палочки

Royal correspondent on the radio saying how lovely it is for Prince Andrew to be with the family, kids, grandkids etc on Christmas day. I'm sure it is but if this was your average, working class family, the Social Work would be stepping in to make sure he has absolutely no contact with any minors after the allegations that came out. 

What a really strange set up that Royal family is. 

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

At the request of The Barrel we got Tweedle Dumb an electric razor because he smashed the last one against a wall. He opened it up and proceeded to shave on the sofa😠:muggy:

Merry Christmas everyone, it's going to be a long day.

just be glad he was not filling the jug while sitting on the couch

33 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Royal correspondent on the radio saying how lovely it is for Prince Andrew to be with the family, kids, grandkids etc on Christmas day. I'm sure it is but if this was your average, working class family, the Social Work would be stepping in to make sure he has absolutely no contact with any minors after the allegations that came out. 

What a really strange set up that Royal family is. 

Not a fan bud, anyway merry christmas pal, have a good one.

Someone's fecking burglar alarm been going off all night. Was same last night. Hopefully more a case of santa forgetting the code, than being broken into, but it's like listening to r2-d2 on speed!!!!!!!!! 

And bloody sky broadband. Work or don't work, just stop showing the wee WiFi symbol & stating connected, when you're not!?!?!?! *******!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, chubby1973 said:

And bloody sky broadband. Work or don't work, just stop showing the wee WiFi symbol & stating connected, when you're not!?!?!?! *******!!!!!! 

Virgin is the best getting the 500mbps box the morra , mind having talk talk was lucky to

get 3mbps.

ScotRail don't ever put enough carriages on, but this is especially apparent in the festive period, so not only are their trains rammed, there's spillover that affects people who plan ahead and get an advance seat on an LNER service from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, like say, me.

Can't wait to be shot of Abellio in a couple of years.

Салатные палочки

Cracked my phone screen last week only a month after cancelling my insurance with Vodafone. I was ready to put it on the contents insurance but didn't get round to it. 

Now the touch screen doesn't work and I'm back using my old phone. Took it into a repair place and they want £160 to fix it. 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Cracked my phone screen last week only a month after cancelling my insurance with Vodafone. I was ready to put it on the contents insurance but didn't get round to it. 

Now the touch screen doesn't work and I'm back using my old phone. Took it into a repair place and they want £160 to fix it. 

160 poonds thats a joke, get a new phone.

14 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I’ve had a stomach bug the last few days. Why do you always get ill at the most inconvenient time? 

Are you married Hel?

That big Hello (and other shite) the size of a building on one of those Scaffold covers near Cockburn Street.  Entirely ruins the north facing skyline of the Royal Mile.  Surprised (well, not really) they gotten away with it!

Салатные палочки

Noticed earlier that some wee ***** has scratched my car. Must have happened boxing night, a few folk got their tires slashed and a couple had their wing mirrors kicked off. I thought I had got away with it after getting my tire slashed a couple of months ago. Went down and moved the car into the car park across the road. Only notoed today the big scratch on the rear door.

I'm in a hotel room in Glasgow. I have the window wide open. I've tried to turn the radiator off. Nothing has changed the fact that it is about 90 degrees Celsius in the room. I can't possibly sleep. 

luckyBatistuta

Folk who press the button for the green man to cross, but then immediately cross and as you approach the lights, they change to red and you are now sitting waiting whilst nobody crosses, as the #### is already halfway down the street🤬

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Time is money....... :wink:

:laugh2: you got me jonno, does still p me off when I’m not though.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Folk who press the button for the green man to cross, but then immediately cross and as you approach the lights, they change to red and you are now sitting waiting whilst nobody crosses, as the #### is already halfway down the street🤬

This has been mentioned before and I ruled it to be in illegitimate seethe.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

This has been mentioned before and I ruled it to be in illegitimate seethe.

It might have been myself that mentioned it, what did you say the last time?

12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Worse the folk who have no intention of crossing but press the button on the way past.

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It might have been myself that mentioned it, what did you say the last time?

That it makes no difference to the driver whether or not the pedestrian waits for the light or not. If I push the button and then a chance presents itself to cross before the green man arrives then I'm going to cross. You should be happy for me on a human level that I haven't been as inconvenienced as I might have been.

I added that I was going to start just hitting the button as I walked past even if I wasn't crossing.

I don't think it was you though. Got a feeling it was Tazio or Iron Jambo.

34 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That it makes no difference to the driver whether or not the pedestrian waits for the light or not. If I push the button and then a chance presents itself to cross before the green man arrives then I'm going to cross. You should be happy for me on a human level that I haven't been as inconvenienced as I might have been.

I added that I was going to start just hitting the button as I walked past even if I wasn't crossing.

This is a particular seethe of mine. 

I'd introduce new law whereby pressing said button bound you into a legal contract to cross when green man appeared. Failure to comply would result in jail time....considerable jail time.

Either that or I'm allowed to mount the kerb and hit you with my car...max 20mph though......

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

This is a particular seethe of mine. 

I'd introduce new law whereby pressing said button bound you into a legal contract to cross when green man appeared. Failure to comply would result in jail time....considerable jail time.

Either that or I'm allowed to mount the kerb and hit you with my car...max 20mph though......

One free reverse too, just to make sure the poor soul doesn’t suffer.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The pedestrian which caused my seethe was not presented with an opportunity after pressing the button. They were walking over the millisecond they pressed the button and they knew they were. They knew in advance and had no intention of seeing a green man when they were hitting the button. Genuine seethe🤬🤬🤬

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I've no seethed about this. I made comment when someone moaned about folk using the crossing when the roads are pretty clear. I mentioned that I'll always use it when I'm with my boy as he needs to be taught to use it when it's there. 

Someone tried to drive through one when I was crossing a couple of months ago and I stopped on the road in front of him and went full tonto. Had to stop myself from grabbing his keys through his open window and throwing them into as building site.

Captain Sausage

I’m off to Shanghai with the wife for a recon trip ahead of moving in the middle of the year. The MIL was meant to look after our 2 year old but she’s been battling alcoholism and has been 18 months sober but we went round to surprise her with a gift today and she’s steaming. 

Mrs is devastated, and I’ve had to get my mum to come down from Scotland (we live in London) to help

Салатные палочки
25 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I’m off to Shanghai with the wife for a recon trip ahead of moving in the middle of the year. The MIL was meant to look after our 2 year old but she’s been battling alcoholism and has been 18 months sober but we went round to surprise her with a gift today and she’s steaming. 

Mrs is devastated, and I’ve had to get my mum to come down from Scotland (we live in London) to help

Not good mate. Do you think anything triggered it? I would help her out by contacting the local addictions team as soon as you can and try to get her seen ASAP. They will do work with her on relapse prevention. 

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not good mate. Do you think anything triggered it? I would help her out by contacting the local addictions team as soon as you can and try to get her seen ASAP. They will do work with her on relapse prevention. 

It seems to be anytime she feels responsibility or like people are depending on her, she just goes into self destruct mode. 

She goes to a therapist once a week, but stopped AA as she felt it was too depressing. She was doing well so none of us really argued with her. 

Just really tough situation, as her husband (wife’s stepdad) is amazing with our son and it feels like we are punishing him for his wife’s sins, but we have to look after the wee man. 

Салатные палочки
9 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

It seems to be anytime she feels responsibility or like people are depending on her, she just goes into self destruct mode. 

She goes to a therapist once a week, but stopped AA as she felt it was too depressing. She was doing well so none of us really argued with her. 

Just really tough situation, as her husband (wife’s stepdad) is amazing with our son and it feels like we are punishing him for his wife’s sins, but we have to look after the wee man. 

That's not good man. It sounds like maybe the pressure of the responsibility has caused her anxiety and led her to reach for the bottle. It is a shame, but my first reaction would be one of anger at her. That said, I have no idea what it must be like to have an alcohol problem. 

I work with alcohol and drug users and there is a lot of people over the festive period who have relapsed back to alcohol use. It's disappointing and seems like a long road back but hopefully she sees what she will he losing out on and uses this as an incentive to stopping again. 

Captain Sausage
16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's not good man. It sounds like maybe the pressure of the responsibility has caused her anxiety and led her to reach for the bottle. It is a shame, but my first reaction would be one of anger at her. That said, I have no idea what it must be like to have an alcohol problem. 

I work with alcohol and drug users and there is a lot of people over the festive period who have relapsed back to alcohol use. It's disappointing and seems like a long road back but hopefully she sees what she will he losing out on and uses this as an incentive to stopping again. 

Yeh man, it must be tough to see that on a wider scale. I think you’re right but my wife has flipped and she’s having nothing to do with her mum. She was meant to be seeing him today for lunch but my wife’s told her she’s not seeing him anymore. 

Thankfully my mum can come down, but asking a near 70 year old to fly to the other side of the country and leave her husband at home with a puppy for a week is a pretty big ask. I’ll need to buy her something nice!

9 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Yeh man, it must be tough to see that on a wider scale. I think you’re right but my wife has flipped and she’s having nothing to do with her mum. She was meant to be seeing him today for lunch but my wife’s told her she’s not seeing him anymore. 

Thankfully my mum can come down, but asking a near 70 year old to fly to the other side of the country and leave her husband at home with a puppy for a week is a pretty big ask. I’ll need to buy her something nice!

Sorry to read that. My mum battled alcoholism, it was heart breaking when I thought I had a breakthrough with her then to turn up to what you have turned up to. Hope she can get herself back.

Салатные палочки

A couple of neighbourhood seethes.  

I don't know why our neighbours can't grasp the whole recycling thing.  We have three colours of bin.  Grey for general waste, purple for plastics, glass and metals and blue for cardboard.  Over Christmas and New Year we obviously had plenty of boxes and bottles going out.  I open the purple box and someone has dumped loads of newspapers into it.  I also watched the lassie next door go down with a box of Bud bottles and empty them straight into the grey bin.  I'm not at the point of posting letters through their doors but it really winds me up when people can't follow simple instructions.   

Also, the garage behind our block has got into the habit of parking cars they are working on or are due to work on in the residents car park accross the road from us.  Winds me up so much as they take up 3-4 spaces in a car park that can fit ten cars max.  It means residents of the block are having to park their cars on the street and on Boxing night some local feral youths took pleasure in slashing some tires, kicking off a couple of wing mirrors and taking a knife along some of the cars.  I thought I had avoided it this time, after having my front tire slashed a couple of months ago but no!  I went out to the car on Hogmany and notices a big scratch right along the rear door and light.  Probably wouldn't have happened if I had got into the car park but because of the arseholes in the garage there was no space.  If you don't have any room in your forecourt, don't take on any more business.  Don't just go parking your cars and vans all over the surrounding streets.  

Probably been done to death on here but whoever it is that is in charge of scheduling roadworks need shot!

I live in leith and travel to the west side of the city get to work (I'm in Livi but would be the same if I worked at the gyle etc), currently there are roadworks/road closures on Duke Street, Constitution Street, Leith Walk, Lindsay Road, Great Junction Street/Junction Bridge and Coburg Street. This week also see's works starting on Telford Road and Maybury Road which if I wanted to avoid i'd have to cut up through inverleith etc to get to murrayfield and then along corstorphine but there's roadworks at inverleith too!

3fingersreid
9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Probably been done to death on here but whoever it is that is in charge of scheduling roadworks need shot!

I live in leith and travel to the west side of the city get to work (I'm in Livi but would be the same if I worked at the gyle etc), currently there are roadworks/road closures on Duke Street, Constitution Street, Leith Walk, Lindsay Road, Great Junction Street/Junction Bridge and Coburg Street. This week also see's works starting on Telford Road and Maybury Road which if I wanted to avoid i'd have to cut up through inverleith etc to get to murrayfield and then along corstorphine but there's roadworks at inverleith too!

You can add in to that route roadworks on St John’s road at Station rd too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Facebook fundraisers for the Australia bush fires. Was at around £16 million last I checked, with the proceeds going to NSW Fire Service. Australia is one of the richest counties in the world, why are we being asked to fund their fire service?

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

You can add in to that route roadworks on St John’s road at Station rd too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Forgot about that, picked the Mrs up from work last night just round the corner from there and seen the signs for it, not going to impact me now as i'll tell her she'll need to get the bus haha

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Facebook fundraisers for the Australia bush fires. Was at around £16 million last I checked, with the proceeds going to NSW Fire Service. Australia is one of the richest counties in the world, why are we being asked to fund their fire service?

And most of the firefighters in rural areas, where the fires are, are volunteers.

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

And the western approach road is down to one lane under the bridge 

Pranging my new car, from the best purchase thread, into another car today. Doing no more than 5mph but they way new cars are built probably means a few hundred pound damage to mine alone. I could greet

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, G.Wright said:

Pranging my new car, from the best purchase thread, into another car today. Doing no more than 5mph but they way new cars are built probably means a few hundred pound damage to mine alone. I could greet

The auld days were sandpaper, then a spray job, now its replace a whole panel.

Trying to clear out some junk to make some more room for mini IJ#2 and the Mrs came across some old photos of my ex from 15-20 years ago. I'm now feeling great remorse at the loss of her tits. There was a great rack that sailed off with that girl.

Салатные палочки
41 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Trying to clear out some junk to make some more room for mini IJ#2 and the Mrs came across some old photos of my ex from 15-20 years ago. I'm now feeling great remorse at the loss of her tits. There was a great rack that sailed off with that girl.

:laugh2:

I read that thinking, oh wait a minute, his Mrs has found the pictures and kicked off at him keeping them :laugh2:

Edited by Salad Fingers

I sat and watched Dirty Dancing last night on my own and really enjoyed it.

Seething at my lack in masculinity!!

Nobody puts VM in a corner 😂

Mobile phone companies being so difficult to do anything with. I’m due an upgrade so looked into what I could get as I had the day off today. 

Instore. iPhone XR. £50 for the handset, £54 a month, 4Gb data

Callcentre. iPhone XR. £30 for the handset, £47 a month, 10Gb data

Online chat. iPhone XR. Free handset, £40 a month, 60Gb data

I hope people don’t just go into shops to get deals on their phones. 

On 06/01/2020 at 10:09, Salad Fingers said:

A couple of neighbourhood seethes.  

I don't know why our neighbours can't grasp the whole recycling thing.  We have three colours of bin.  Grey for general waste, purple for plastics, glass and metals and blue for cardboard.  Over Christmas and New Year we obviously had plenty of boxes and bottles going out.  I open the purple box and someone has dumped loads of newspapers into it.  I also watched the lassie next door go down with a box of Bud bottles and empty them straight into the grey bin.  I'm not at the point of posting letters through their doors but it really winds me up when people can't follow simple instructions.   

Also, the garage behind our block has got into the habit of parking cars they are working on or are due to work on in the residents car park accross the road from us.  Winds me up so much as they take up 3-4 spaces in a car park that can fit ten cars max.  It means residents of the block are having to park their cars on the street and on Boxing night some local feral youths took pleasure in slashing some tires, kicking off a couple of wing mirrors and taking a knife along some of the cars.  I thought I had avoided it this time, after having my front tire slashed a couple of months ago but no!  I went out to the car on Hogmany and notices a big scratch right along the rear door and light.  Probably wouldn't have happened if I had got into the car park but because of the arseholes in the garage there was no space.  If you don't have any room in your forecourt, don't take on any more business.  Don't just go parking your cars and vans all over the surrounding streets.  

Raging because you live somewhere you see as a dump, but believe you are better than everyone around you, and you don't deserve to live there. YOU live there mate. Lol

Edited by Del Monty

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Del Monty said:

Raging because you live somewhere you see as a dump, but believe you are better than everyone around you, and you don't deserve to live there. YOU live there mate. Lol

:spoton:

The close is a shitehole and the neighbours are scum. 

But my place is a palace inside.

:verysmug:

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Del Monty said:

:spoton:

The close is a shitehole and the neighbours are scum. 

But my place is a palace inside.

:verysmug:

Btw you don't need a comma before a 'but' and an 'and'. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

14 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2:

I read that thinking, oh wait a minute, his Mrs has found the pictures and kicked off at him keeping them :laugh2:

It was close to being like that. Thankfully there were random photos from friends weddings and other stuff that was worth keeping and I got away with it. Those tits though.....  

Edited by IronJambo

People who wind other people up on this thread, of all places.

This is meant to be a place of venting, of letting off steam, possibly with the unintended side effect of preventing actual violence.

Let people seethe in peace.

10 hours ago, Del Monty said:

Strange, I didn’t take that from his post at all. Seemed like genuine seethes to me 🤷🏼‍♂️