The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Energy Vampires

Especially the arseholes at work who suck the life out of every conversations by banging on about their problems and how much of a victim they are about sheer trivial every day occurrences. STFU.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Craig David's Seven Days.

Yes...I know....I moan about this lot but it came up at work again and once again I'm the only rational person who truly sees Craig's laziness in song writing.....

How can I be the only person who's right....why is the rest of the world wrong?

You're all arseholes......

Cup of tea and a kit kat now to calm me down.....

You are wrong. Craig David himself confirms it in this interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/craig-david-making-7-days-mum-would-never-have-allowed-really/

Screenshot_20200225-113523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Салатные палочки
12 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I really hate the trauma in trying to speak to a human being on the phone At a business these days, particularly lets say Edinburgh Council.

A ridiculous maze of call routing designed to test the patience of a saint.

And then when you eventually get through the fecker drops your call

:seething:

I absolutely hate this.  Other than my bank, every company I phone sends you round the houses before you actually get to speak to a human being.  

The key is to remain silent.  Don't press any buttons or answer any automated questions.  Just sit and wait.  It will ask you the same questions a few times but eventually it will think that you are unable to press any buttons (maybe physically disabled) and put you through to a human being.  

Dagger Is Back
34 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:seething:

I absolutely hate this.  Other than my bank, every company I phone sends you round the houses before you actually get to speak to a human being.  

The key is to remain silent.  Don't press any buttons or answer any automated questions.  Just sit and wait.  It will ask you the same questions a few times but eventually it will think that you are unable to press any buttons (maybe physically disabled) and put you through to a human being.  

Damn good advice SF. I've spent a lot of time on the phone recently trying to deal with my late fathers estate on behalf of my Mum. She's quite switched on but found myself getting angrier at the thought of her having to go through all of this including being told frequently that all of this can be done online.

Well actually, no, sometimes you just want/need to speak to a human being.

Салатные палочки
5 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Damn good advice SF. I've spent a lot of time on the phone recently trying to deal with my late fathers estate on behalf of my Mum. She's quite switched on but found myself getting angrier at the thought of her having to go through all of this including being told frequently that all of this can be done online.

Well actually, no, sometimes you just want/need to speak to a human being.

I discovered it when trying to get through to the DVLA a couple of years ago and not having a clue how to get through to the department I needed. I told my mate and that was his advice and it worked.  

14 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I really hate the trauma in trying to speak to a human being on the phone At a business these days, particularly lets say Edinburgh Council.

A ridiculous maze of call routing designed to test the patience of a saint.

And then when you eventually get through the fecker drops your call

For the council, instead of phoning the department you want, just phone the Customer Care team (0131 200 2300) and say you've had problems getting through. They normally put you through to someone.

19 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Making Calder road a single lane at rush hour without any prior warning

The plans to further reduce speeds limits on any road that someone has ever been caught speeding. 

Maybury road down from a 40 to 30, Queensferry road soon to be the same. Both perfectly safe to drive at 40 on when the opportunity arises, average speeds will be the same will just mean folk are sat at 30 for no reason when the roads are quiet

18 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The plans to further reduce speeds limits on any road that someone has ever been caught speeding. 

Maybury road down from a 40 to 30, Queensferry road soon to be the same. Both perfectly safe to drive at 40 on when the opportunity arises, average speeds will be the same will just mean folk are sat at 30 for no reason when the roads are quiet

The one I find worse is the west approach road being reduced to a 30mph. 

Pedestrians aren’t allowed on the west approach, it states that clearly on the road traffic signs on the 4 points of entry to that road . 
Maybe someone at the AA / RAC or whoever has the inclination can show that the council in putting in crossings are breaking this law? 
No need for a reduction in the speed limit .

10 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

Ingilston/Glasgow Road bejng reduced from NSL 70 to 40 was a shocker. 

True, plus it's almost impossible to stick to 40 without having someone crash into the back of you on that road (westbound anyway)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Are Edinburgh's roads really getting worse( difficult) or are the new fleet of buses fitted with poor suspension. It often feels like the bus is going off road as you get bounced around. There was even a gasp from passengers on one bus I was on as a huge bang was heard as we crossed a Grand Canyon wannabe on the road!

Nicholas Brody
40 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Are Edinburgh's roads really getting worse( difficult) or are the new fleet of buses fitted with poor suspension. It often feels like the bus is going off road as you get bounced around. There was even a gasp from passengers on one bus I was on as a huge bang was heard as we crossed a Grand Canyon wannabe on the road!

The roads at the moment are terrible. Potholes everywhere.

Nicholas Brody
1 hour ago, G.Wright said:

Ingilston/Glasgow Road bejng reduced from NSL 70 to 40 was a shocker. 

The bit from Newbridge roundabout and the east end of Ratho station is going down to 30mph.

EDIT: List of all the roads going from 40mph to 30mph. Proposed at least but i'm sure they'll vote it through. I believe it will cost around £75,000 as well.

• Biggar Road

• Calder Road

• Comiston Road

• Frogston Brae

• Glasgow Road (between Gogar roundabout and Drum Brae roundabout)

• Glasgow Road (between Newbridge roundabout and east end of Ratho Station)

• Gogar Station Road

• Hawes Brae

• Hillhouse Road

• Lanark RoadComiston Road

• Milton Link

• Milton Road

• Milton Road East

• Old Liston Road

• Queensferry Road

• Riccarton Mains Road

• Seafield Road East

• Sir Harry Lauder Road

• South Gyle Access

• South Gyle Broadway

• West Approach Road

• Wester Hailes Road

Edited by Nicholas Brody

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

The roads at the moment are terrible. Potholes everywhere.

Most are being caused by water damage this winter as frost had been rare. Probably too many blocked drains causing that, another gripe with the city authorities!

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Apparently 20mph limits are real things and folk get done for driving at 26mph. Ridiculous. 

The Continental Op
2 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

The bit from Newbridge roundabout and the east end of Ratho station is going down to 30mph.

EDIT: List of all the roads going from 40mph to 30mph. Proposed at least but i'm sure they'll vote it through. I believe it will cost around £75,000 as well.

• Biggar Road

• Calder Road

• Comiston Road

• Frogston Brae

• Glasgow Road (between Gogar roundabout and Drum Brae roundabout)

• Glasgow Road (between Newbridge roundabout and east end of Ratho Station)

• Gogar Station Road

• Hawes Brae

• Hillhouse Road

• Lanark RoadComiston Road

• Milton Link

• Milton Road

• Milton Road East

• Old Liston Road

• Queensferry Road

• Riccarton Mains Road

• Seafield Road East

• Sir Harry Lauder Road

• South Gyle Access

• South Gyle Broadway

• West Approach Road

• Wester Hailes Road

£75,000 = approx 1/10 of the the cost of a RTA fatality.

Not only are they implementing these speed limit reductions but they are also considering more speed bumps! This from a council who won't spend money re-instating the markings on existing speed bumps! 

3 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Not only are they implementing these speed limit reductions but they are also considering more speed bumps! This from a council who won't spend money re-instating the markings on existing speed bumps! 

Hopefully they will be whole road speedbumps and not the stupid 3 wee boxes that have drivers going at the same speed anyway but with the addition of swerving out in the middle of the road to pass each one

In day surgery unit recovering from small op & one of those old boys who like to commentate on everything he does has turned up. Also one of those everything is fine, I'm not bothered by that dear to the nurse, who's told him his BP is very high. Hope he gets taken soon as he's getting on my tits!!!! 

Mind you, it maybe more to do with me still feeling burst & in a bit of pain. 

It's still happening.......!

Standing in the queue at Tescos waiting to pay, and the lunatic presently being served has decided to make a big thing out of looking for her wallet at the last moment, as if she just realised she'd actually have to pay for her stuff. Sorry girls but it's usually women who do this.

30 minutes ago, Section Q said:

It's still happening.......!

Standing in the queue at Tescos waiting to pay, and the lunatic presently being served has decided to make a big thing out of looking for her wallet at the last moment, as if she just realised she'd actually have to pay for her stuff. Sorry girls but it's usually women who do this.

that is why i prefer the self service checkouts. 

43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that is why i prefer the self service checkouts. 

All women and men over 50 need banned from these though. 

Edited by mutley

Aw ****, this clown's back from his op and is now asking a woman why she has a flashing light on her wheelchair & why is it plugged into the wall. 

Nurse!!!! More morphine plse!! 

...a bit disco

My latest seethe.

2 hours ago, mutley said:

I've got these down to a fine art.

Ageist.

Edited by ...a bit disco

49 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

Aw ****, this clown's back from his op and is now asking a woman why she has a flashing light on her wheelchair & why is it plugged into the wall. 

Nurse!!!! More morphine plse!! 

I'm lucky enough to have private health care through work. NHS is an amazing service but at times like this having your own private room, ensuite and TV is worth its weight in gold. 

40 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

I'm lucky enough to have private health care through work. NHS is an amazing service but at times like this having your own private room, ensuite and TV is worth its weight in gold. 

Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong, the staff have been and still are doing an excellent job looking after everyone & juggling folk around while chasing up my doc, as i should be going home today and I'm sort of in the way taking up a bed. 

Horatio Caine
11 hours ago, mutley said:

I self ban from these.  One of the Morrison's self checkouts had to be taken apart when I was trying to buy a carton of milk and had put a fiver in only for it to be gobbled up and machine going on strike.

...a bit disco
59 minutes ago, King prawn said:

People who refer to dogs as “the goodest boys” or even worse “the best floofs.”

Or "doggos".

Illiterate arseholes.

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

People who don’t know when they’ve had too much to drink...####### #####🤬🤬🤬

Valet job required on the old Hackney? 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Valet job required on the old Hackney? 

Yup, spent the last 3 hours of my shift cleaning up some lassies spew explosion in the back. Looked like she had been eating crab, disgusting. 

13 hours ago, King prawn said:

People who refer to dogs as “the goodest boys” or even worse “the best floofs.”

12 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Or "doggos".

Illiterate arseholes.

Fur babies. I want to punch people in the throat that say this!

10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, spent the last 3 hours of my shift cleaning up some lassies spew explosion in the back. Looked like she had been eating crab, disgusting. 

This is :pleasing:😂

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

This is :pleasing:😂

:lol: Knew you’d get off thinking about me bent over on my hands and knees

On 01/03/2020 at 04:20, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol: Knew you’d get off thinking about me bent over on my hands and knees

:oohmatron:  

3fingersreid

Sunday morning and therefor I’m guessing double time , and the council have sent out either apprentices or just complete randoms to repair some very minor potholes on Stevenson Drive . After completion the minor dips in the road are now mini speed bumps !!!

Coincidental that it’s been done today ,along with the road sweeper going up and down the same road , as the rugby being on and the princess royal going to the game  and the route she uses is the said Drive ?

Another botched job that will have to be done again when it breaks up at a cost to the council tax payers 😡😡

17 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Had to replace a tyre yesterday because of a pothole. Just what I needed.

Get a claim in. How to info in Edinburgh Roads thread.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

3fingersreid
56 minutes ago, gjcc said:

What about it annoys you?

That the “ repair “ is a joke of a job , do it properly, do it cheap do it twice . 

Would it have been done if HRH was going to the rugby ??