Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

maybe efficient but not very safe i would have thought.

Alternating sides on each step.  Less wear on the mechanism too as the weight is more evenly distributed.

Bloody tennis on the tele constant. Can't get peace in the canteen with pseudo sports fans hogging the tele for Wimbledon.

Why do English people use the union flag and not the St George Cross? Saw so many posts like this last night. They do my head in. It was England playing not team G.B. 

2E63F434-143E-4F3F-9A86-381AD9FCBDC7.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Why do English people use the union flag and not the St George Cross?

Because they know it gets on the Jocks' tits.

On 02/07/2019 at 09:00, jb102 said:

People who don't know to keep left walking in corridors and on staircases.

Especially in Waverley Train Station where there are signs everywhere saying to keep to the left staircase!

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Because they know it gets on the Jocks' tits.

Jock is an annoying term.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Jock is an annoying term.

Only if you happen to be one.

Escalators, or rather the majority of people using them, are one of my biggest seethes.  Escalators actually move slower than walking speed, and using the stairs is faster than standing still on an escalator, so why the majority of people are perfectly happy to stand still and let the escalator do the work for them is beyond me.  I get that not everyone is able to walk up and down stairs, and there are many people that do benefit from using them, but for the average person going up and down the stairs is a free bit of exercise (that a lot of people could do with doing much more of!)

All escalators should be like this:

topelement.jpg

Best experience of these was in the Vienna U-Bahn stations.  Every escalator had big signs that clearly said "Please stand to the right" in multiple places and everyone adhered to it religiously, meaning that people in a rush could get by without any problem.  It was always oblivious tourists that stood in the wrong place, and it seemed that Austrian law legally allows you to scream and do a "This is Sparta" style booting to anyone standing on the left, without punishment.

1436909005_d3a7bbb41d_b.jpg

Also, anyone who stands directly in the middle, blocking people from getting past, should be taken away and beaten by some sort of Secret Escalator Police.

Edited by tian447

In unemployed desperation I applied for one of my old workplaces who are allegedly desperate for staff. Rejected as they "won't rehire" which I know is a lie as plenty of people have got back in the door. 

Fired in another identical application with my white name (I'm of foreign descent) and got invited to an interview. 

2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

In unemployed desperation I applied for one of my old workplaces who are allegedly desperate for staff. Rejected as they "won't rehire" which I know is a lie as plenty of people have got back in the door. 

Fired in another identical application with my white name (I'm of foreign descent) and got invited to an interview. 

If your really desperate Lothian are needing drivers. If you have a car license and dont drink out puddles its easy to get in.

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If your really desperate Lothian are needing drivers. If you have a car license and dont drink out puddles its easy to get in.

No license unfortunately. Failed that test more times than I'd like to admit! 

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

No license unfortunately. Failed that test more times than I'd like to admit! 

Ah that's ashame. Your missing a easy payday and a free ridacard. Do you keep failing on the same things?

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Ah that's ashame. Your missing a easy payday and a free ridacard. Do you keep failing on the same things?

About 2 or 3 different things I've failed on. Fix one problem and an old one resurfaces. Haven't sat the test in about 2 years now

2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

About 2 or 3 different things I've failed on. Fix one problem and an old one resurfaces. Haven't sat the test in about 2 years now

Keep going with it bud. After I failed my second test, I sacked it for over 20 years. Wish I had stuck it at the time.

Finally got back to it last year, failed again but passed in January.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Keep going with it bud. After I failed my second test, I sacked it for over 20 years. Wish I had stuck it at the time.

Finally got back to it last year, failed again but passed in January.

Cheers mate. The plan is, when I get back working, to put in the hours and get some cash tucked away for a theory/practical test and a good few hours with an instructor (or just renting a car) then crack on with it. 7th time lucky? ?

16 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Cheers mate. The plan is, when I get back working, to put in the hours and get some cash tucked away for a theory/practical test and a good few hours with an instructor (or just renting a car) then crack on with it. 7th time lucky? ?

Definitely stick at it bud. I would be lost without my heap of shite now :D

8 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

When I was doing my tests I found the instructors made seem driving harder and it effects your test. But all you do is dont crash into the car in front and dont run anyone over and you'll pass. 

Салатные палочки

On a driving note. Failed my theory last week on 2 bloody clicks on the hazard perception. 50/50 on the theory part and 42 on the HP (min. score being 44). Okay my score should have been better but it's still really frustrating. Rebooked it straight away but that hazard perception is so frustrating. 

10 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

7th time? Naw man, give up. We don't want you on the roads.

If you really insist then just do an automatic. You then get to concentrate on the road and all the important things rather than thinking about pressing a clutch and selecting gears like a chump. 

People who don’t know how to open a car door carefully in supermarket car parks or the such and dent your pride and joy and fek off. 

Saw it when washing my car and they would of knew damn fine they had done it. 

Scum. Pure scum. 

Harry Potter
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

People who don’t know how to open a car door carefully in supermarket car parks or the such and dent your pride and joy and fek off. 

Saw it when washing my car and they would of knew damn fine they had done it. 

Scum. Pure scum. 

Thats just being careless bud, some folk are just clueless . mind you some cant even shut gates bang doors, the list is forever.

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Thats just being careless bud, some folk are just clueless . mind you some cant even shut gates bang doors, the list is forever.

I meant not owning up to doing it or leaving a note etc. Just to drive off and hope your not caught is an awful trait. Now I’m left to pay for it. There’s no way they wouldn’t of known they had done it as the dent isn’t small. Paint off as well.

Jambojay84
6 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Samsung Galaxy S9 battery life. Absolutely shocking.

Reading this on my iPhone XR :verysmug:

Jambos_1874
5 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Reading this on my iPhone XR :verysmug:

Have an (old) work iPhone and its battery life is even worse. Plus iPhones are not even remotely intuitive to use.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Jambojay84
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Have an (old) work iPhone and its battery life is even worse. Plus iPhones are not even remotely intuitive to use.

Sorry mate wasn’t meaning to sound like a dick, it’s just the battery life on the XR is insane. I probably should have added that to my original post :facepalm:

Jambos_1874
6 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Sorry mate wasn’t meaning to sound like a dick, it’s just the battery life on the XR is insane. I probably should have added that to my original post :facepalm:

I had an S7 and the battery life was actually better than my current phone. Surely if you are going to develop a phone with more power hungry processor etc then the battery lofe should increase accordingly!!

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Samsung Galaxy S9 battery life. Absolutely shocking.

It is actually brutal for what was still their flagship model just a few months ago.

Samuel Camazzola

Doubles tennis. Not the format, the fact that both sets of playing partners feel the need to fist pump/high five after every point - even the ones who lose the point! Grates on me big time! 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Doubles tennis. Not the format, the fact that both sets of playing partners feel the need to fist pump/high five after every point - even the ones who lose the point! Grates on me big time! 

that annoys me too

Those Oor Wullie statues all over the toon.  I'm sure they're supporting some worthwhile cause, but there's something about the look of them that really annoys me.

On 05/07/2019 at 15:01, Thommo414 said:

You ought to be able to bring a complaint for discrimination to a tribunal and they'll want to dispose of it before it gets to court by settling for a decent sum. 100% serious.

3fingersreid
4 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Those Oor Wullie statues all over the toon.  I'm sure they're supporting some worthwhile cause, but there's something about the look of them that really annoys me.

A group of hens on Friday night we’re getting their pictures at the one at the Rutland ( Huxley GTF) however one of the was on her knees pretending to give him a BJ and somehow the look on the statues face was just perfect ??

20 hours ago, Justin Z said:

You ought to be able to bring a complaint for discrimination to a tribunal and they'll want to dispose of it before it gets to court by settling for a decent sum. 100% serious.

This. 

@Thommo414 you have a great chance of getting them to crumble based on clear and blatent discrimination!

23 hours ago, Justin Z said:

No chance of winning that when they already said they didn't re-employ people. They could have any reason for no wanting him back. They're hardly going to give an interview when they've taken that stance. All they've done is offer someone they don't know an interview instead of someone they used to know. 100% serious. 

2 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

No chance of winning that when they already said they didn't re-employ people. They could have any reason for no wanting him back. They're hardly going to give an interview when they've taken that stance. All they've done is offer someone they don't know an interview instead of someone they used to know. 100% serious. 

I haven't re-read the post but I thought he said this was a lie, i.e. they'd hired back other employees and just used this as an excuse against him.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I haven't re-read the post but I thought he said this was a lie, i.e. they'd hired back other employees and just used this as an excuse against him.

Yeah I read that. They maybe told him that instead of saying "we won't re employ you because you're shit". They certainly didn't say it was because he wasn't white.

He had a job with them before so they obviously weren't racist then. What makes them so now? 

On 08/07/2019 at 17:18, Lemongrab said:

Those Oor Wullie statues all over the toon.  I'm sure they're supporting some worthwhile cause, but there's something about the look of them that really annoys me.

What’s this?

We were back in Edinburgh in May and don’t remember seeing this?

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What’s this?

We were back in Edinburgh in May and don’t remember seeing this?

It's for a children's hospital charity.  Lots of different Oor Wullie statues in various Scottish cities.  It started in the middle of June and there are 60 of them in Edinburgh. I'd post a picture of one, but there's a chance I'd take a hammer to my monitor.

https://www.oorwullie.com/

1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

It's for a children's hospital charity.  Lots of different Oor Wullie statues in various Scottish cities.  It started in the middle of June and there are 60 of them in Edinburgh. I'd post a picture of one, but there's a chance I'd take a hammer to my monitor.

https://www.oorwullie.com/

Thanks very much for that.  :thumbsup:

maroonlegions

Insidious parasites like this man and the companies like him. 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, suit and text

What kind of human beings seek to deny Justice for Money? For Profits. It is time to damn these people, this industry (Bean-Counters for Insurance mafias.... another strand of the Banality of Evil personified: Thomas Kinisky: CEO of the ill-named: Saint-Goban Construction Corporation.

😡

robroy1874
On 08/07/2019 at 16:18, Lemongrab said:

Got to love them tho' - for the confusion to tourists. Overheard two Chinese ladies on Holyrood Road to local  .. "but excuse me. who was Ool Wirry?" Priceless!!

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Insidious parasites like this man and the companies like him. 

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, suit and text

guillotine.gif.c8c635f9e56f4bc3fd45b40f7a8e33e2.gif

Well I suppose they would have caught fire before they died, so being on fire was their pre-existing medical condition.

Edited by Cade

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

What kind of human beings seek to deny Justice for Money? 

Me.

:wonga:

And I'm rolling in it.

:sweeet:

8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Yeah I read that. They maybe told him that instead of saying "we won't re employ you because you're shit".

Actually held a decent position before leaving, so that's out. 

They certainly didn't say it was because he wasn't white.

No they didn't. Neither am I, merely presenting the facts of this little "experiment". Fwiw, I am white, my name isn't. 

He had a job with them before so they obviously weren't racist then. What makes them so now? 

Entire management structure has changed. Branch has a new manager, the area manager is new, the hr person for the area is new. They don't know who I am and clearly they don't have a "no rehire" policy.

Now, I might be adding 2+2 and getting 5, but the facts that I have are what they are, and it's not a good picture. 

6 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Actually held a decent position before leaving, so that's out. 

No they didn't. Neither am I, merely presenting the facts of this little "experiment". Fwiw, I am white, my name isn't. 

Entire management structure has changed. Branch has a new manager, the area manager is new, the hr person for the area is new. They don't know who I am and clearly they don't have a "no rehire" policy.

Now, I might be adding 2+2 and getting 5, but the facts that I have are what they are, and it's not a good picture. 

I hear you and it smells iffy. 

What you've got factually though, is that they don't want to rehire you. For this there could be many reasons, they might even just think that you're desperate for a job and won't stay long. If you had cause to leave them why would you go back?

You fit the skillset so an identical application with a different name should get an interview no problem.

If the entire management structure had changed maybe so has their employment policy.

There's a lot of maybes in there and I'd think it's a huge stretch to say or prove that they don't want you because you're the wrong colour.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I hear you and it smells iffy. 

What you've got factually though, is that they don't want to rehire you. For this there could be many reasons, they might even just think that you're desperate for a job and won't stay long.

I am desperate, that's correct. I made it clear in my rejected application to them that I wanted to come back with a bit of ambition and not only achieve the role I was in, but to surpass it. Which is true, I feel like I left at a time where I could and probably should've kicked on. 

If you had cause to leave them why would you go back?

My mental health took a massive decline working there. We were understaffed and each having to take on about 2/3 peoples work, and on top of that, I had to train new staff as well as my original contribution. A big ask, made worse by having people below me actually having the nerve to question my ability when they were coming in and doing the absolute bare minimum. I was also a victim of relentless bullying by a coworker for about 6 months. He was sacked a few months before I left but the damage was done there. 

Now, I'm back on meds, more appreciative of what I had, looking to the future and determined to make something for myself. 

You fit the skillset so an identical application with a different name should get an interview no problem

It wasnt 100% similar. The application which received an interview was actually slightly less qualified than my original effort. 

If the entire management structure had changed maybe so has their employment policy.

I get it that different people would have different approaches to employment etc but it's only in terms of the area (Edinburgh, West Lothian) that management has changed. Surely that's not big enough to actually implement any changes to the policy within the company as a whole. 

There's a lot of maybes in there and I'd think it's a huge stretch to say or prove that they don't want you because you're the wrong colour.

It is a huge stretch, you're right, hence why I haven't actually decided to take them further. I only know of one other person who didn't get rehired which I understand as, unlike me, they left in very acrimonious circumstances.