Time for Ridgers

Zachearts

Points lost today and not for the first time at the hands of Jamie, granted he has had his games were it's made a difference but his mistakes outweigh the good parts for me. Mark Ridgers is back fit and for me is the better keeper, more presence, better kicker of the ball and better shotstopper. Today's second Ross County goal was the final straw for me, poor attempt from Jamie.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion, Ridgers is a better keeper in my opinion from the times iv seen him.

How many times have you seen him? Because the number of times he's played for the first team is nowhere near enough to say he's better than Jamie.

And to make that judgement based of his performances for the U19s is just stupid.

Like I said, settle down.

Haven't seen a lot of Ridgers. Jamie has been good this season, very good at times. It's only a week since he kept us in with a shout of getting to a cup final with several first-class saves.

Rudolf's Mate

Op should be shot. Semi final he was up for being MOTM!

How many keepers palm/punch and get lucky. From the sounds of it he was unlucky as the boy hit it well.

Each to their own I suppose but i'm struggling to see were Jamies an excellent keeper ?? Average at best for me. What was he doing today at the equaliser ?

Nucky Thompson

Was he at fault for their second goal?

Not according to some reports, 20 yarder in the top corner. Probably Dino Zoff wouldn't have saved it

Was he at fault for their second goal?

Parried a tame shot right to the feet of a County player, so yes I'd say so.

Each to their own I suppose but i'm struggling to see were Jamies an excellent keeper ?? Average at best for me. What was he doing today at the equaliser ?

Not being excellent isn't the same as not being better than Ridgers.

Ridgers might well go on to be an excellent keeper. But Jamie's not done enough wrong to make me think Ridgers is a better option at the moment.

Granted he's not the best keeper we have ever had but he's a good SPL keeper. I kinda wish when seeing threads like this that posting was banned after games. Give people time to clean the froth coming from their mouth.

Parried a tame shot right to the feet of a County player, so yes I'd say so.

I see.

I would agree that this is definitely an aspect of his game that needs working on. Too many times I've thought he should either holding onto things or when he's been justified in parrying a ball he's not got enough on it and put it in the path of an opposition attacker.

I doubt chucking Ridgers in at this stage would be a good idea though.

Nucky Thompson

The text on Sky and on the official site at the time said that it was a 20 yarder but now the BBC report it as a tap in so who knows

heartgarfunkel

Saw it once on SSN and it appeared he pushed a shot from distance straight to the scorer's feet from close range.

Fermit the Krog

The text on Sky and on the official site at the time said that it was a 20 yarder but now the BBC report it as a tap in so who knows

It was both.

A 20 yarder Jamie should have done better with which resulted in a tap-in.

Soft goal to lose but no need for the OP ffs. :laugh:

kingantti1874

Oh FFS Jamie has been excellent for us this season and was the biggest factor getting us into the final... Some hearts fans make me despair they really do

Dont agree, keepers make mistakes sadly it costs goals

Correct. If Ngoo missed a sitter would the OP be calling for him to be benched?

Jamie Mac has been decent this season, and had a great performance at ER last weekend. Goalkeeping errors are more glaring than errors made elsewhere.

Give the guy a break OP.

ToadKiller Dog

We dropped points because we allowed ourselves to be put on the back foot at the end , when you do that there is always the chance of a feck up . You also need to look at the lead up to the goal .

Jamie is a big reason why we have got to two cup finals .

Fermit the Krog

Jamie is a big reason why we have got to two cup finals .

St Mirren pen save. Save against Celtic in Semi. Save in pen shoot out v Utd. Performance last week.

:indeed:

Not a knee jerk reaction by any means, just dosent fill me with confidence between the sticks im afraid......Dont get me wrong he has his qualities but getting tired of seeing the same mistakes from him. That apart delighted with the way the young guys are doing and a good week all round for Hearts.

St Mirren pen save. Save against Celtic in Semi. Save in pen shoot out v Utd. Performance last week.

Granted.......but im judging him overall not on 2 or 3 games that he's played well.....my opinion, just dosent do it for me.

:indeed:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Not according to some reports, 20 yarder in the top corner. Probably Dino Zoff wouldn't have saved it

Nope. Palmed it out to the striker for a tap in.

Points lost today and not for the first time at the hands of Jamie, granted he has had his games were it's made a difference but his mistakes outweigh the good parts for me. Mark Ridgers is back fit and for me is the better keeper, more presence, better kicker of the ball and better shotstopper. Today's second Ross County goal was the final straw for me, poor attempt from Jamie.

ur are having one hell of a laugh. u must be in marks fan club. his time will come BUT NOT YET !

Its fine lines with goalies......Even the best will have a mistake from time to time but for most part, really competent goalkeepers do the right things in the right situation.

The other week in the Man U -Liverpool match, it looked like De Gea pushed it out to Sturridge before he knocked it in. But it was a genuinely good save from a shot he saw late coming through Ferdinand`s legs. There`s nothing else he could do.......

But from tame shots or shots that aren`t too pacy, a goalie really should be able to react and push the ball to safety by being aware of what is around him....... I`ve not saw the goals yet so can`t really comment but one instance where MacDonald made a basic mistake which sounds similar to what people describe, was the 1-0 defeat to Motherwell near the end of last season where he pushed it back into play for them to score. He needs to brush up on play like that, otherwise he actually seems like a steady goalkeeper now.

Allowayjambo1874

Wonder if that was going through people's mind last Sat when he saved a one on one and also saved brilliantly when they broke through two on one and fecked it up. Get a grip.

:lol:

Jamie's an excellent keeper.

The calls to drop him are over the top. But he is far from excellent! He is an average SPL player and one of the weakest keepers to get a regular game for us in a long, long time.

He does palm shots out into the danger area quite a lot and I would imagine that type of goal will make up a fair percentage of the goals he concedes. Ridgers WILL be our future, so why not?

He does palm shots out into the danger area quite a lot and I would imagine that type of goal will make up a fair percentage of the goals he concedes. Ridgers WILL be our future, so why not?

Because he's not better than McDonald at the moment. And given we're in deep shit financially what sense does it make to leave a better player, who is also better paid on the bench? :lol:

I get the feeling no one on this thread was at the game today.

Let's wait until a REAL FAN returns to give us their assessment of MacDonald.

????????

Granted wasn't there today but there every other week and feel that i have seen enough of him to say that he is average at best and would like to see Ridgers given a chance.

Captain Scarlett

Jamie has had a few good games for us this season and he is a decent keeper but I think he should be working on his kicking which a lot of the time is woeful and when he receives a passback he has me about keeking my pants especially when a player is running towards him

Surely it is time for

Kenny%20Garland%201972.jpg

Interesting that Garland's photo should appear. Always thought he was rank and at my first ever Hearts game he conceded a soft own goal from Jimmy Cant however he then went on to save 2 hibs penalties (unfortunately we lost 2-1 tho). As I was only 7 years old at the time I probably wasn't best placed to judge so any of the (even) older generation care to give an opinion on Kenny Garland?

Average keeper compared to what we have had in the recent past and makes far too many basic mistakes for my liking. I won't be sad to see him go when his contract comes to an end.

Wee bit harsh to say he needs replaced. But agree Ridgers is the best goalkeeper currently at the club.

Wouldnt say its harsh, its part of being in a squad and i just think in my opinion that Ridgers deserves a wee chance now.

Archived