X-Men Mafia - Apocalypse Strikes

Mr. T

Setting

Apocalypse is threatening to release his strain of the techno-organic virus from a pyramid in Egypt. To stop him the X-men have breached the labryinth-like catacombs beneath it. However, Apocalypse has made four of the x-men his horsemen who will try to wipe the X-men out before they can reach Apocalypse and stop his nefarious plans. To aid the X-men, Charles Xavier has given four of his trusted pupils a comm-link so that they can contact him and use his telepathy (enhanced by Cerebro) to investigate other X-men's allegiances, however in the deep catacombs only 1 of these is working properly, the other 3 can only hear the conversation. Meanwhile, Magneto seeing his chance to weaken the X-men while they stop Apocalypse has sent in Mystique who has disguised herself as one of the X-men and is seeking to take out as many of them as possible so long as Apocalypse is defeated.

Roles:

1 X-men with working Comm-link (Cop):

He can ask Professor Xavier to investigate 1 X-men per night and find out their role. The Professor will also telepathically communicate whether the person investigated is good or bad to all of the x-men.

3 X-men with broken Comm-links (Masons):

Can communicate with each other and the X-man with the working comm-link but cannot ask Professor Xavier to investigate anyone because their Comm-link signal is too weak.

4 Horsemen of Apocalypse (Goons):

The Four Horsemen (Death, Famine, Pestilence and War) can kill a player each night. They win if they outnumber the x-men.

Mystique (Assassin):

Mystique can appear and kill 3 players over the course of the game during the night-phase. She will win the game on the behalf of Magneto by being the last remaining roled player.

Watchman:

One of the X-men has appointed himself to keep watch over the others during the night. Anyone he watches over is prevented from taking part in any night-time activity (either as the victim or the perpetrator). This includes the cop, so the Watchman can choose to either save the cop, or let him investigate.

He will only prevent the horsemen from killing someone if either A: He is watching the potential victim, B: He is watching the 1 and only horseman left.

Rules

The town wins once all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Watchman, Cop, Goons, Assassin in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Magneto and unvote Magneto

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

Finally I will Mod kill non posters, non-voters will have their voting priviledge taken away for the next day but will gain it back for the following day if they post during that day.

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

Deadlines will be at 9pm each night starting with tonight (Thursday). Roled players are to have their pms to me by 1 hour after the deadline (10pm). Should there be an early lynch then I'll use my discretion on how long to wait for PMs, but they must be in by 10pm that night at the very latest.

Player List:

Wolverine - Lionel Logue

Jean Grey - Roger H. Sterling

Cyclops - Morph

Storm - Stuart McNeill

Rogue - Beverley

Gambit - The Kurgan

Beast - Malky McFrench

Jubilee - Yvonnejambo

Angel - Rudi Skacel

Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) - Pullshapes

Juggernaut - Wilky

Colossus - Jambosean75

Nightcrawler - Jambo Ian 1874

Iceman - Pinhead

Havok - Rossthejambo

Cable - Donald

Emma Frost - Dunks

Bishop - Audioslave

Deadpool - The Marquis de Carabas

Banshee - Kyle Falconer

Darwin - Dandyman

Forge - Boof

Pyro - HmfcAndy

Polaris - dokratrO

PMs are going out now.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and just to make it clear, the Roles in this are completely randomised. Just because something did or didn't happen in the real x-men comics or movies or whatever has no indication as to what will happen here.

Stuart McNeill

Hmm. seems exciting, Least now I know this one is running unlike the other one I signed up to and never realised there was a thread!

Hmm. seems exciting, Least now I know this one is running unlike the other one I signed up to and never realised there was a thread!

Your own fault then.

vote Malky

And a deadline tonight eh? Might catch a few out with that... :ninja:

We'll see how it goes. I may well extend it if need be.

Everyone gets the result of the investigation?

:arry:

No, just whether the person investigated is good or bad not their name or their exact role, as is the usual.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Everyone gets the result of the investigation?

I'd guess just whether the result was good guy or ****...maybe?

Anyway,

Forge's Forge is now open for business (I'll get a picture up when I'm away form work).

All welcome (until I find out who the horsemen might be...)

BS would be used by me.

And just a wee query for hp88 - do you want us to use JKB names or character names for votes?

Since some folk have already used JKB ones d'you want to keep that consistent?

I think Dokratr0 meant do we all get the investigation results as well as the masons?! Cause it says "all the x men" but i'm presuming that us townies aren't x men we've got a different name? I'm confused :(

And just a wee query for hp88 - do you want us to use JKB names or character names for votes?

Since some folk have already used JKB ones d'you want to keep that consistent?

I think Dokratr0 meant do we all get the investigation results as well as the masons?! Cause it says "all the x men" but i'm presuming that us townies aren't x men we've got a different name? I'm confused :(

Right, to be 100% clear:

The Cop nominates who is to be investigated, they are in a pm chat with all the masons as well, so they receive the full investigation results of who is investigated and what their role is be it watchman, goon, assassin (mystique) or regular townie x-man.

In the story of the night phase Xavier will communicate that the player investigated is either good/bad etc. but not who the player is in the game thread, as is the usual for mafia games.

BS is redundant for this game. Masons already know whoi the cop is. Presumably the cop knows who the masons are as well if they're in PM conversation, however (think I've got this straight) the masons can't speak to the cop via PM. Correctomundo?

Nope :lol: - just had a re-read, and I think I'm talking hee-haw!!

Only the cop is in touch with Charles Xavier (who he?) but I'm guessing the masons can discuss with the cop who needs to be investigated. That's gonna keep a lot of action off-thread. Regular spammers better get their loins girded...

hp - please tell us if I'm talking a load of bollox...

BS is redundant for this game. Masons already know whoi the cop is. Presumably the cop knows who the masons are as well if they're in PM conversation, however (think I've got this straight) the masons can't speak to the cop via PM. Correctomundo?

Nope :lol: - just had a re-read, and I think I'm talking hee-haw!!

Only the cop is in touch with Charles Xavier (who he?) but I'm guessing the masons can discuss with the cop who needs to be investigated. That's gonna keep a lot of action off-thread. Regular spammers better get their loins girded...

hp - please tell us if I'm talking a load of bollox...

Bang on.

So yes, it's sort of similar to last game in that they can discuss who can be investigated etc, but if the horsemen get the cop then there will be no more investigations instead of having to get rid of all of them.

Charles Xavier (also known as Professor X) is the guy that Patrick Stewart played in the films, and James McAvoy in First Class. He's a telepath, so he can read people's minds. Hence investigator in chief. He is played by me in a way. It was just an interesting way of getting the role into the story in a way that fits.

Obviously this gives the masons/cop a bit of an advantage, so I tinkered around with not having a doc and having a watchman instead who can protect the cop but in the process stops them from contributing an investigation when they do so.

Lovin' the setup HP :thumbsup:

As we await the BS verdict, obviously I'd use it if available.

Oh, and ...

Vote Wolverine

Mutant ****.

Anyway, can't see me posting much this game as it would appear I'm an absolute Babe so will mainly be in front of a mirror touching myself ...

Emma%20Frost%20art.jpg

Anyway, can't see me posting much this game as it would appear I'm an absolute Babe so will mainly be in front of a mirror touching myself ...

You sure?

234980-191248-emma-frost.jpg

less than 3 hours till deadline but less than 50% votes. I'm going to go make dinner then check back and make a decision on whether to delay the deadline.

Cop - feel free to investigate me. I'm only a mere townie so maybe save it a day or two. Actually might be best to investigate someone the goons are unlikely to whack off :oohmatron: so that at least you get some good out of the investigation.

SInce I was first on the goonly list last time maybe avoid investigating me too soon. And maybe hold off on Shapes to see if she makes it past night 1 before investigating her...she's aye a goon target.

Any other suggestions folks?

C'mon let's get yapping...

And also lets get voting.

Vote Mary Marquis de Caravan

(Marty if it needs spelling out :D)

Ok, i'm going to delay the deadline until 9pm tomorrow evening (Friday), think there's a good few who haven't read their pms or come on the thread yet so a deadline tonight is probably too early for everyone.

Lovin' the setup HP :thumbsup:

As we await the BS verdict, obviously I'd use it if available.

Oh, and ...

Vote Wolverine

Mutant ****.

Emma%20Frost%20art.jpg

Have you seen my adamantium claws?

946_20_wolverine-s-claws-x-men-origins-wolverine-gadgets-and-weapons.jpg

You might not be so beautiful shortly if that vote sticks!

Remember, Wolverine might have amnesia and a questionable morality, but he's always good when it matters.

Oh and vote Boof

He's already confusing me and my pint is not here yet. I asked Xavier to telepathically order it and nobody keeps Wolverine waiting.

Have you seen my adamantium claws?

He's already confusing me and my pint is not here yet. I asked Xavier to telepathically order it and nobody keeps Wolverine waiting.

Adamantium ye say? That'll be why the pint glasses I keep sending over are getting broken.

Hold on a second while I invent something sturdier...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

nearly forgot

vote Ian

:lol:

I wanted to get in there first this time! Just leaves one logical choice I suppose.

Vote Wilky

Archived