• hisnameis

• Rudolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back

Received this today from Granton PS

23rd January 2020

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for donating your tickets to me. I had a great time and went with my Mum and my big sister.

I have never been to a football match before and have been a Hearts fan all my life, so you can probably understand that this was a BIG event for me!

I sometimes find new places quite tricky and I didn’t know how I would be with all the noise, but I had a great time and my Mum says that we will definitely go again.

I got a new Hearts scarf, you can see it in one of the photos and we had a snack at the match.

My best bit was when Steven Naismith scored, he’s the best player. I also loved it because we, Hearts, won the match. My sister couldn’t sit down and we were all shouting!

Thank you

From

Rhys

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

23rd January 2020

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for donating your tickets to me. I had a great time and went with my Mum and my big sister.

I have never been to a football match before and have been a Hearts fan all my life, so you can probably understand that this was a BIG event for me!

I sometimes find new places quite tricky and I didn’t know how I would be with all the noise, but I had a great time and my Mum says that we will definitely go again.

I got a new Hearts scarf, you can see it in one of the photos and we had a snack at the match.

My best bit was when Steven Naismith scored, he’s the best player. I also loved it because we, Hearts, won the match. My sister couldn’t sit down and we were all shouting!

Thank you

From

Rhys

Thanks for posting. 

Dagger Is Back

Big thank you to hisnameis who has kindly let donated 2 tickets for the Motherwell game.

These will be delivered to Clovenstone PS next week 

Dagger Is Back

This was a wee thank you email received today from Dalry PS

By way of Introductions, I am X dad. Thanks a ton for giving the match tickets (season pass) and I must admit it was a great experience for X and myself. It was my first game watching Hearts in action and we had a great day (albeit the wet weather). The best part was the view from the seats and the buzz experience with singing from the home fans. The match was great as well with Hearts coming back from being 2 goals down and then eventually earning a well-deserved draw.

Thanks a lot once again and in case they are no takers for the next matches, please consider us for a second chance 😊 We would love to do this again and root for the home team.

Go Hearts Go !!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This was a wee thank you email received today from Dalry PS

By way of Introductions, I am X dad. Thanks a ton for giving the match tickets (season pass) and I must admit it was a great experience for X and myself. It was my first game watching Hearts in action and we had a great day (albeit the wet weather). The best part was the view from the seats and the buzz experience with singing from the home fans. The match was great as well with Hearts coming back from being 2 goals down and then eventually earning a well-deserved draw.

Thanks a lot once again and in case they are no takers for the next matches, please consider us for a second chance 😊 We would love to do this again and root for the home team.

Go Hearts Go !!!!!!

Nice one. 

• 2 months later...
Dagger Is Back

Even in dark times some folks are able to spread some good news

Huge thanks to Ulysses who has renewed, once again, two STs which are going to be used by Dalry PS.

Thank you so much Uly

davemclaren
15 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Even in dark times some folks are able to spread some good news

Huge thanks to Ulysses who has renewed, once again, two STs which are going to be used by Dalry PS.

Thank you so much Uly

Well done @Ulysses

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks again to Rudolf who has just renewed three pairs of STs for the year ahead.

These tickets will be used by pupils at Brunstane PS and Gilmerton PS. 

Thanks so much Rudolf. I know how much of a positive impact your kindness makes

Dagger Is Back

I received this today from the HT at Gilmerton PS, following on from Rudolfs kind donation

On behalf of our Gilmerton learners and their families, I would just like to say a huge ‘Thank you’ for your generous gift of renewing the Hearts season tickets for next session.

For you to think of us during this time of great uncertainty is most thoughtful and we know that when we welcome our pupils back to school in August we will have some lovely news to share with them.  Your act of kindness will help to show our children that people across Edinburgh, across our city, care for them. 

In previous years our children and their families have appreciated your generous gift and we usually tweet when they attend the football games.  You are welcome to follow us @GilmertonPS if you wish to and we will share with our community when our children cheer the Hearts team on!

Kindness is one of the most important values we have in our school and we just want to thank you again for sharing your kindness with us – we greatly appreciate this.

Yours sincerely,
Rebecca Annand, Head Teacher, Gilmerton Primary School

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Massive thank you to Detty29 who has renewed an adult and U13 ST and donated these to Canal View PS

Detty29 has been a supporter of this initiative since the off and we're very grateful for his generosity 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Massive thank you to Detty29 who has renewed an adult and U13 ST and donated these to Canal View PS

Detty29 has been a supporter of this initiative since the off and we're very grateful for his generosity 

Well done. 

Dagger Is Back

Huge thanks to Elephantintheroom who is a supporter of this initiative

They've bought an adult and U13 ST which has been donated to Gracemount PS

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dagger Is Back

A dark horrible day for us Jambos but some good news. Mikey1874 has once again donated a pair of STs for the upcoming season. These tickets will again be used by Clovenstone PS when fans are allowed back in

Thanks Mikey

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

A dark horrible day for us Jambos but some good news. Mikey1874 has once again donated a pair of STs for the upcoming season. These tickets will again be used by Clovenstone PS when fans are allowed back in

Thanks Mikey

Well done. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 18:50, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks Mikey

Dagger, I've made the odd contribution of match tickets over the last few years, although personal circumstances mean that I've not been able to do so more recently.  My personal circumstances have now improved somewhat, and I feel like I would like to take things a stage further and donate an adult and child season ticket for the coming season.  How would I go about doing that?

Dagger Is Back
21 hours ago, RobNox said:

Dagger, I've made the odd contribution of match tickets over the last few years, although personal circumstances mean that I've not been able to do so more recently.  My personal circumstances have now improved somewhat, and I feel like I would like to take things a stage further and donate an adult and child season ticket for the coming season.  How would I go about doing that?

Hey Robnox, your support has been much appreciated. We're moving in to year 8 of this wee initiative thanks to folks like you.

Glad things have improved for you and if you're in a position to donate we're very happy to help

What you need to do is order the tickets, I can then pick them up from the TO,  they'll put them in an envelope marked for me, Paul Rendall, and then I'll get them to a school of your choice. 

Happy to chat via pm to sort it all out

Cheers

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Hey Robnox, your support has been much appreciated. We're moving in to year 8 of this wee initiative thanks to folks like you.

Glad things have improved for you and if you're in a position to donate we're very happy to help

What you need to do is order the tickets, I can then pick them up from the TO,  they'll put them in an envelope marked for me, Paul Rendall, and then I'll get them to a school of your choice. 

Happy to chat via pm to sort it all out

Cheers

Thanks Paul.  I've just emailed the ticket office to get things moving, as it looks like I can't just order online unless I'm renewing my own ST.  I'm looking to purchase a gold ST for an adult and U13.

I'm really happy to be in a position to support your initiative once again.  You've very kindly passed on letters of appreciation from the handful of kids who benefited from my occasional previous donations, via their school teachers, and it is a quite humbling experience.  One letter in particular moved me to tears, which is not something that happens too often to a stoic old guy like me.  I managed to hold it together at Dens Park in 1986, although even I succumbed to my emotions on that day in May 1998 when I finally saw my team win a trophy.

I will be in touch in due course once I get things sorted out with the ticket office.

Dagger Is Back
19 hours ago, RobNox said:

Thanks Paul.  I've just emailed the ticket office to get things moving, as it looks like I can't just order online unless I'm renewing my own ST.  I'm looking to purchase a gold ST for an adult and U13.

I'm really happy to be in a position to support your initiative once again.  You've very kindly passed on letters of appreciation from the handful of kids who benefited from my occasional previous donations, via their school teachers, and it is a quite humbling experience.  One letter in particular moved me to tears, which is not something that happens too often to a stoic old guy like me.  I managed to hold it together at Dens Park in 1986, although even I succumbed to my emotions on that day in May 1998 when I finally saw my team win a trophy.

I will be in touch in due course once I get things sorted out with the ticket office.

That's brilliant thank you. 

The feedback is brilliant isn't it? This all started as a means of getting funds into the club but as it's grown, it's also got the added benefit of allowing parents to take their kids to a game when they might not have that opportunity. If we can create some new Jambos along the way that will be future ST holders and FOH members then we've hit the jackpot.

We take going to games for granted - for some of these families it's way way bigger than a game of football

Thanks again

On 14/08/2020 at 19:17, Dagger Is Back said:

That's brilliant thank you. 

The feedback is brilliant isn't it? This all started as a means of getting funds into the club but as it's grown, it's also got the added benefit of allowing parents to take their kids to a game when they might not have that opportunity. If we can create some new Jambos along the way that will be future ST holders and FOH members then we've hit the jackpot.

We take going to games for granted - for some of these families it's way way bigger than a game of football

Thanks again

I agree, I always think of it as a way of encouraging new Jambos, as the thread title suggests.  The letter that really got me was from a little girl who had been awarded tickets and took her mum to a game as a birthday treat, the first time they had been to Tynie together, and she was so happy that her mum appreciated it so much.  It's those little things that make you appreciate that what might not seem like a big deal to yourself actually touches on other people's lives in a way that you wouldn't consider, as I said previously , it's quite humbling. 

Just one question, when I buy the season tickets, do I just do that in my own name?  I've only ever donated individual match tickets previously, just conscious that my name would appear on any season tickets I buy, so wondering if there would be any issue with people other than me using STs in my name.  I know from looking at this thread that you get a few ST donations, I presume it's no problem but just want to make sure.

I'll be waiting until towards the end of the month when I get my next pension payment before making the purchase. As a retired banker, I understand the importance of cashflow management!

13 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree, I always think of it as a way of encouraging new Jambos, as the thread title suggests.  The letter that really got me was from a little girl who had been awarded tickets and took her mum to a game as a birthday treat, the first time they had been to Tynie together, and she was so happy that her mum appreciated it so much.  It's those little things that make you appreciate that what might not seem like a big deal to yourself actually touches on other people's lives in a way that you wouldn't consider, as I said previously , it's quite humbling. 

Just one question, when I buy the season tickets, do I just do that in my own name?  I've only ever donated individual match tickets previously, just conscious that my name would appear on any season tickets I buy, so wondering if there would be any issue with people other than me using STs in my name.  I know from looking at this thread that you get a few ST donations, I presume it's no problem but just want to make sure.

I'll be waiting until towards the end of the month when I get my next pension payment before making the purchase. As a retired banker, I understand the importance of cashflow management!

Bankers never change. 🤣

Spent my career working for banks and other financial institutions so have the same financial OCD, as my wife calls it. 

Nice gesture re the tickets. 👍

Dagger Is Back
On 15/08/2020 at 22:11, RobNox said:

Yip it is very humbling you’re right. No issue at all with the cards being in your name. The cards are just scanned these days and they’re transferable so all is good

Have you got a school in mind?

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Bankers never change. 🤣

Spent my career working for banks and other financial institutions so have the same financial OCD, as my wife calls it. 

Nice gesture re the tickets. 👍

Three ex bankers, who would have thought? These old habits we learned don’t go away do they?

Hi guys

Mentioned on another thread i'd like to get involved here, is there a specific way this is done or do i just buy an U12 season ticket in my name and let you guys know?

thanks

Dave

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Ramagio87 said:

Hi guys

Mentioned on another thread i'd like to get involved here, is there a specific way this is done or do i just buy an U12 season ticket in my name and let you guys know?

thanks

Dave

Have sent you a PM Dave

On 16/08/2020 at 23:49, Dagger Is Back said:

Yip it is very humbling you’re right. No issue at all with the cards being in your name. The cards are just scanned these days and they’re transferable so all is good

Have you got a school in mind?

Three ex bankers, who would have thought? These old habits we learned don’t go away do they?

Just pm'd you regarding the purchase of STs

Dagger Is Back

Massive thank you to neonjambo who has purchased and donated 2 adult and 2 U13 STs for the coming season. They'll be used by Balgreen PS

A wonderful gesture

Thank you

Dagger Is Back

Huge thanks to RobNox who has very kindly donated an adult and U13 ST for the season ahead. Once collected, these tickets will be passed to Granton PS 

Another wonderful gesture

Dagger Is Back

It's all go

Massive thanks to Boof who has also kindly donated an adult and U13 ST for the season ahead. Once collected, these will be used by Broomhouse PS

Another magnificent gesture

We now have 22 tickets that hopefully will be used this season, by schools in Brunstane, Gilmerton, Granton, Balgreen, Dalry, Canal View, Broomhouse and Clovenstone

Thank you to everyone who has supported this initiative since 2012

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It's all go

Massive thanks to Boof who has also kindly donated an adult and U13 ST for the season ahead. Once collected, these will be used by Broomhouse PS

Another magnificent gesture

We now have 22 tickets that hopefully will be used this season, by schools in Brunstane, Gilmerton, Granton, Balgreen, Dalry, Canal View, Broomhouse and Clovenstone

Thank you to everyone who has supported this initiative since 2012

That’s brilliant and very generous Of the members to donate them. 

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

We received this today in response to neonjambos kind donation to Balgreen PS

I would like to thank you for your kind donation of two pairs of season tickets for the use of pupils and their families in our school. Your kind gift will allow families the opportunity to spend quality time together, a very welcome commodity in these strange times.

COVID lockdown has impacted on our community in many different ways. We are increasingly aware of the poverty families are finding themselves in as a result of furlough, unemployment, redundancies, food poverty and the impact of zero hours contracts where income is variable week on week. The pressure on families has never been greater and it is often luxuries that are first to be cut when times are hard.

While we endeavour to do our best with the resources we have to hand, we are unable to reach all the families. Kind benefactors like you allow us to support families in ways that engage them, help us build positive relationships with them that build goodwill and help develop empathy, trust and respect.

One of the highlights of my week last session was contacting families and offering them the tickets provided by yourself and I look forward to doing so again once crowds are allowed back at Tynecastle. Pre-season has gone well and there have been some exciting signings and I have high hopes for this season.

Thanks again,

Richard Napier

HT Balgreen PS

15 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We received this today in response to neonjambos kind donation to Balgreen PS

I would like to thank you for your kind donation of two pairs of season tickets for the use of pupils and their families in our school. Your kind gift will allow families the opportunity to spend quality time together, a very welcome commodity in these strange times.

COVID lockdown has impacted on our community in many different ways. We are increasingly aware of the poverty families are finding themselves in as a result of furlough, unemployment, redundancies, food poverty and the impact of zero hours contracts where income is variable week on week. The pressure on families has never been greater and it is often luxuries that are first to be cut when times are hard.

While we endeavour to do our best with the resources we have to hand, we are unable to reach all the families. Kind benefactors like you allow us to support families in ways that engage them, help us build positive relationships with them that build goodwill and help develop empathy, trust and respect.

One of the highlights of my week last session was contacting families and offering them the tickets provided by yourself and I look forward to doing so again once crowds are allowed back at Tynecastle. Pre-season has gone well and there have been some exciting signings and I have high hopes for this season.

Thanks again,

Richard Napier

HT Balgreen PS

Brilliant. 👍

• 5 months later...
On 12/02/2020 at 03:03, Dagger Is Back said:

23rd January 2020

Dear Sir,

Thank you

From

Rhys

I was just curious to see how this thread was going and the second post from the top brought back why we donate.

It is a year on but young Rhys and his sister need to get back to Tynie.

Thank you for all you hardwork Dib, love always Renee and Jay.

Dagger Is Back
On 14/03/2021 at 17:31, neonjambo said:

I was just curious to see how this thread was going and the second post from the top brought back why we donate.

It is a year on but young Rhys and his sister need to get back to Tynie.

Thank you for all you hardwork Dib, love always Renee and Jay.

Good to hear from you matey. Hope you’re both safe and well.

Hard to believe that this all started in November 2012. 

Not long until we’re back 🤞

• 2 months later...
Dagger Is Back

Well we're up and running again and going in to our 10th year. Here's hoping we get fans back into Tynie asap

Huge thanks to Mikey1874 and Boof for renewing two pairs of adult/U13 STs for the season ahead. One pair will be going to Clovenstone PS and another to Broomhouse PS.

Thank you fellas for your generosity

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Huge thank you to Ulysses who has renewed an adult and U13 ST for the season ahead,. These tickets will be used by pupils at Dalry PS.

Many thanks Uly

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Huge thank you to Ulysses who has renewed an adult and U13 ST for the season ahead,. These tickets will be used by pupils at Dalry PS.

Many thanks Uly

Nice one. 

On 23/06/2021 at 19:19, Dagger Is Back said:

Many thanks Uly

On 23/06/2021 at 19:23, davemclaren said:

Nice one. 

Cheers, all.  Hopefully these restrictions will be lifted so the youngsters actually get to go to games.  :thumbsup:

Maple Leaf
On 03/06/2021 at 16:29, Dagger Is Back said:

Well we're up and running again and going in to our 10th year. Here's hoping we get fans back into Tynie asap

Huge thanks to Mikey1874 and Boof for renewing two pairs of adult/U13 STs for the season ahead. One pair will be going to Clovenstone PS and another to Broomhouse PS.

Thank you fellas for your generosity

On 23/06/2021 at 14:19, Dagger Is Back said:

Many thanks Uly

Outstanding!!  Well done, lads.  :thumb:

On 03/07/2021 at 12:33, Maple Leaf said:

Outstanding!!  Well done, lads.  :thumb:

Fair play to you for the kind words, but thanks also to DiB for keeping the connections to the schools going.  I'm also aware that my own contribution wouldn't work without the support a couple of very busy staff members in Dalry PS - and I'd guess it's the same story in Clovenstone and Broomhouse.  No names here, but DiB knows who they are and thanks to them for their help.

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Fair play to you for the kind words, but thanks also to DiB for keeping the connections to the schools going.  I'm also aware that my own contribution wouldn't work without the support a couple of very busy staff members in Dalry PS - and I'd guess it's the same story in Clovenstone and Broomhouse.  No names here, but DiB knows who they are and thanks to them for their help.

You're spot on re the school staff Uly. It would be so easy given how busy they are, to say no thanks but nothings too much trouble for them, and they put kids front and centre. 11 years and counting Jambos

Dagger Is Back

Another well deserved thank you to RobNox for donating an adult and U13 ST which will be used this season by the pupils at Granton PS.

Thank you very much for your generosity

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Another well deserved thank you to RobNox for donating an adult and U13 ST which will be used this season by the pupils at Granton PS.

Thank you very much for your generosity

Nice one. 

• 4 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks to Detty29 who has renewed a pair of STs for this season which will be used by Canal View PS

Thank you again amigo

Dagger Is Back

A huge thank you to Rudolf who has renewed three pairs of adult/U13 STs for the coming season. These will be used by pupils at Brunstane PS and Gilmerton PS

Thank you so much

4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

A huge thank you to Rudolf who has renewed three pairs of adult/U13 STs for the coming season. These will be used by pupils at Brunstane PS and Gilmerton PS

Thank you so much

Great gesture. 

Also great news about the return to full capacity, or at least close enough to full capacity to guarantee all ST holders will be able to attend.  It means the schools can allocate STs comfortably in advance of the games, rather than having to wait for ballot results then await the arrival of the match day tickets that had been allocated.

Dagger Is Back
40 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Also great news about the return to full capacity, or at least close enough to full capacity to guarantee all ST holders will be able to attend.  It means the schools can allocate STs comfortably in advance of the games, rather than having to wait for ballot results then await the arrival of the match day tickets that had been allocated.

Spot on. It's all falling into place nicely. We've now got 10 pairs of STs out there which means around 180 children will get the chance to take in a game at Tynie this season. Just brilliant 

51 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Spot on. It's all falling into place nicely. We've now got 10 pairs of STs out there which means around 180 children will get the chance to take in a game at Tynie this season. Just brilliant 

It also must make things a lot easier for you, not having to worry about ballots and how to get tickets to schools at fairly short notice if successful in the ballot.  Hopefully it also means you'll start to get some more individual match day donations once general sales are back in place.  

Dagger Is Back
45 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It also must make things a lot easier for you, not having to worry about ballots and how to get tickets to schools at fairly short notice if successful in the ballot.  Hopefully it also means you'll start to get some more individual match day donations once general sales are back in place.  

It sure will. The schools will be relieved too as you say. We hope we'll get more tickets donated as there's certainly a demand for them. Hard to imagine this is our 10th season of doing this.