• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dagger Is Back

• davemclaren

• hisnameis

• Rudolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can’t make it on Saturday now so have an adult and child ticket going for free (print at home)

(30th July v Ross County)

Edited by Eddington

Dagger Is Back
11 minutes ago, Eddington said:

I can’t make it on Saturday now so have an adult and child ticket going for free (print at home)

(30th July v Ross County)

That's really kind of you to offer. Unfortunately the schools don't return until after the Dundee United game so I can't distribute them through the schools.

I did contact Big Hearts but they already receive an allocation from the club.

I'm going to ask the TO to 'resell these tickets so it might be an option for you too? Any other time of the year and I'd be biting your hand off. Thanks again

Dagger Is Back

@DETTY29

@Rudolf

@Boof

@Ulysses

@RobNox

Hi folks.

We'd spoken about this issue whereby the schools are closed and we can't get tickets for the first two games distributed through them. We'd thought that Big Hearts would be a good home for these games but sadly they already receive an allocation of tickets from the club and are unable to help us out.

In the circumstances I'm going to speak to the TO tomorrow and arrange for the seats for the Country and United games to be removed from the STs and made available for public sale. The issue of new ST cards this year has complicated things somewhat. 

Thanks as ever for your continued support.

I'm happy with this approach Paul.  My main concern at the moment is that I still haven't received my own ST and despite emailing the TO still haven't had a response so will head down tomorrow to try and sort things out.  I'm sure there won't be a problem, just hope the STs I donated are with you.  Let me know if not.  It may just be that I told them to hold onto your tickets to be collected and they've held onto mine as well.  

Dagger Is Back

@DETTY29

@Rudolf

@Boof

@Ulysses

@RobNox

Sorry folks - trust Hearts to muddy the waters at the 11th hour! LOL

With todays exchange announcement you now have the option to go online and 'sell' the tickets for the County/United games and receive 50% of the value, which given your generosity, seems more than reasonable. 

I need to give you that option. 

I was intending on going to Tynie today (now delayed as a result of this to tomorrow afternoon) so if I haven't heard from you by then, I'll simply ask the TO to make the seats available for public sale, without any credit to you - presuming that we're still able to do this the old way.

Just drop me a PM folks.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

@DETTY29

@Rudolf

@Boof

@Ulysses

@RobNox

Sorry folks - trust Hearts to muddy the waters at the 11th hour! LOL

With todays exchange announcement you now have the option to go online and 'sell' the tickets for the County/United games and receive 50% of the value, which given your generosity, seems more than reasonable. 

I need to give you that option. 

I was intending on going to Tynie today (now delayed as a result of this to tomorrow afternoon) so if I haven't heard from you by then, I'll simply ask the TO to make the seats available for public sale, without any credit to you - presuming that we're still able to do this the old way.

Just drop me a PM folks.

Cheers

Just bash on with the original plan for me please Paul.

Dagger Is Back
17 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Just bash on with the original plan for me please Paul.

Gotcha.

Cheers

Lone Striker

Hi Paul - just trying to get my head around how the new ticket exchange might make things easier (or maybe the opposite !) in terms of donating resale tickets to schools through you.    Obviously it has to be 2  seats together - but am I right in thinking that the lateness of  when the resale tickets show up on the screen for a "sold out" match makes it almost impossible for you to do anything with them ?

Maybe a match v. Hibs/Celtic/Rangers would sell out quicker and so the ticket exchange screen would become available sooner ?

In other words, the ticket exchange isn't really any help  in terms of getting resale tickets to you   ?

Your scheme is such a brilliant idea, do you think its  worth asking the mods/admins what they think about using JKB funds to purchase a fixed number of match tickets (say 4  pairs of adult&child )  for  some games ?   That would come to about £200 for 4 pairs.  Individual fans on here could still donate tickets in the same way they do currently, of course. 

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Hi Paul - just trying to get my head around how the new ticket exchange might make things easier (or maybe the opposite !) in terms of donating resale tickets to schools through you.    Obviously it has to be 2  seats together - but am I right in thinking that the lateness of  when the resale tickets show up on the screen for a "sold out" match makes it almost impossible for you to do anything with them ?

Maybe a match v. Hibs/Celtic/Rangers would sell out quicker and so the ticket exchange screen would become available sooner ?

In other words, the ticket exchange isn't really any help  in terms of getting resale tickets to you   ?

Your scheme is such a brilliant idea, do you think its  worth asking the mods/admins what they think about using JKB funds to purchase a fixed number of match tickets (say 4  pairs of adult&child )  for  some games ?   That would come to about £200 for 4 pairs.  Individual fans on here could still donate tickets in the same way they do currently, of course. 

Hi LS

The new scheme seems to be a real positive step and it's great that we're in a position where the demand is there.

In terms of us it really doesn't help us much - as you say, timescales could be an issue. We need at least 4/5 days to arrange pick up and then distribute them to schools. The schools need a bit of time to arrange to find them a good home - not always as easy as it sounds. You're right too in that it must be two seats together.

Seats can still be freed up using the old 'phone the TO' routre and I can pick them up and find a home for them. 

I hadn't approached JKB as they already do so much for 'charity' and already donate STs to the Sick Kids in Edinburgh.

Thanks very much for your positive words. It will be 10 years in November since we started this all thanks to Hearst fans generosity. 

Lone Striker
21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Hi LS

The new scheme seems to be a real positive step and it's great that we're in a position where the demand is there.

In terms of us it really doesn't help us much - as you say, timescales could be an issue. We need at least 4/5 days to arrange pick up and then distribute them to schools. The schools need a bit of time to arrange to find them a good home - not always as easy as it sounds. You're right too in that it must be two seats together.

Seats can still be freed up using the old 'phone the TO' routre and I can pick them up and find a home for them. 

I hadn't approached JKB as they already do so much for 'charity' and already donate STs to the Sick Kids in Edinburgh.

Thanks very much for your positive words. It will be 10 years in November since we started this all thanks to Hearst fans generosity. 

Thanks for that info about timescales  - so it sounds like a fan really needs to buy them at least 10 days  ahead of the match, so that you and the schools can have time to get them to pupils.    Is that a reasonable rule-of-thumb  do you think ?  

I know its still school holidays, but looking at  available tickets right now for our next home game (Dundee Utd on the 14th)  the only area with 2 seats available right now is in Roseburn section K & L.   

Presumably that will be the case for all home league games (apart from Hibs)  ?    

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks for that info about timescales  - so it sounds like a fan really needs to buy them at least 10 days  ahead of the match, so that you and the schools can have time to get them to pupils.    Is that a reasonable rule-of-thumb  do you think ?  

I know its still school holidays, but looking at  available tickets right now for our next home game (Dundee Utd on the 14th)  the only area with 2 seats available right now is in Roseburn section K & L.   

Presumably that will be the case for all home league games (apart from Hibs)  ?    

I think 4/5 days is fine. E tickets can be emailed to me and printed off and then delivered.

Donated tickets released from existing STs through the TO are similar to e tickets but just involve a visit to the TO to pick up.

Who knows how it will go. All depends on results/performances and not forgetting the little matter of the current financial crisis.

Lone Striker
54 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think 4/5 days is fine. E tickets can be emailed to me and printed off and then delivered.

Donated tickets released from existing STs through the TO are similar to e tickets but just involve a visit to the TO to pick up.

Who knows how it will go. All depends on results/performances and not forgetting the little matter of the current financial crisis.

Thats good to know. Thanks. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - great work on this.

I have an U16s emailed ticket available to donate if there's any way you can distribute? I appreciate that an individual ticket may not be ideal, but it's in block K, row 22, seat 19.

Please let me know and I'll be happy to forward on. 

Dagger Is Back
46 minutes ago, bigjules said:

Hi guys - great work on this.

I have an U16s emailed ticket available to donate if there's any way you can distribute? I appreciate that an individual ticket may not be ideal, but it's in block K, row 22, seat 19.

Please let me know and I'll be happy to forward on. 

That’s really kind of you but unfortunately we only work with pairs of tickets so that a youngster can be taken by cab adult.

Thank you though for thinking of us.

the jambo poet
Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

That’s really kind of you but unfortunately we only work with pairs of tickets so that a youngster can be taken by cab adult.

Hey DIG, I have an adult season ticket and a under 13 season ticket available together for the St Johnstone game. We can't make the game, so would be happy to donate the seats to you. Are you able to advise how to go about this?

34 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks for the quick response - that makes sense. 

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, the jambo poet said:

Hey DIG, I have an adult season ticket and a under 13 season ticket available together for the St Johnstone game. We can't make the game, so would be happy to donate the seats to you. Are you able to advise how to go about this?

Thanks very much for your message.

We’d be able to find a home for those easily.

The best thing to do is contact the TO and ask them to remove the game from your ST. Ask them to print off paper tickets marked for my attention, Paul Rendall, and I’ll go and pick them up and deliver them to a school. Do you have any preference for a school?

if you could let me know when they’re available that would be great. Also, if you could send me a PM with your name and ref  no that would help me when I pick them up.

Many thanks again for thinking of us.

the jambo poet
4 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks very much for your message.

We’d be able to find a home for those easily.

The best thing to do is contact the TO and ask them to remove the game from your ST. Ask them to print off paper tickets marked for my attention, Paul Rendall, and I’ll go and pick them up and deliver them to a school. Do you have any preference for a school?

if you could let me know when they’re available that would be great. Also, if you could send me a PM with your name and ref  no that would help me when I pick them up.

Many thanks again for thinking of us.

Great, not a problem. I'm not fussed what school, I'll let you decide. I'll contact the TO in the morning and send you the details. No need for thanks, what you are doing, is amazing and any thanks should go to you. 

Dagger Is Back

A huge thank you to @Shaz for donating two pairs of adult/U13 tickets for the St Johnstone game.

These will be handed in to Murrayburn PS.

Many thanks for your kind donation

Dagger Is Back

Another massive thanks to @Rudolfwho has donated  2 pairs of tickets for the St Johnstone game and 3 pairs for the Killie game.

The St Johnstone tickets will be delivered tomorrow to Granton and Longstone PS and the Killie tickets to Stenhouse, Oxgangs and Balgreen PS

Thanks once again for all your support

I bought a St Mirren ticket for my son in a futile attempt to trick the system into allowing me to get him a ticket for Thursday nights game. Long and short, there's a single ticket U13 in the Roseburn that's free to a good home if anyone wants it? It's a print at home so can forward by email

Dagger Is Back
12 hours ago, potasaurus said:

I bought a St Mirren ticket for my son in a futile attempt to trick the system into allowing me to get him a ticket for Thursday nights game. Long and short, there's a single ticket U13 in the Roseburn that's free to a good home if anyone wants it? It's a print at home so can forward by email

Really kind of you to offer but I'm afraid I can't use a sole U13 for obvious reasons. Ticket should though be able to be used by an adult on paying the difference.

Dagger Is Back

Another vote of thanks to @Rudolffor donating two pairs of tickets for Sundays game.

These have been delivered this morning to Balgreen PS and Murrayburn PS.

Many thanks again buddy

9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Another vote of thanks to @Rudolffor donating two pairs of tickets for Sundays game.

These have been delivered this morning to Balgreen PS and Murrayburn PS.

Many thanks again buddy

👍

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

A massive thank you to @Shaz for donating two pairs of adult/U13 tickets for the Livingston game in November.

These will be handed in to Murrayburn PS. next week.

Many thanks for your kind donation

Dagger Is Back

More thanks this time to @Rudolf for donating 3 pairs of tickets for the Motherwell game. These will be delivered to Gilmerton, Longstone and Broomhouse PS

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Huge thanks to @shaz for donating 2 pairs of tickets for the Killie game 

These will be delivered to Murrayburn PS on Thursday.

Thanks again Shaz

Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks to @Rudolffor donating 3 pairs of adult/U13 tickets for both the Killie game and the St Mirren game.

These will be delivered over the next few days to

Stenhouse PS

Broomhouse PS

Longstone PS

Canal View PS

Balgreen PS

Thank you so much again for your generosity

• 4 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

With the Edinburgh schools closing for Xmas on Tuesday 20 December and re-opening on 4 January, we are closing down for the festive period.

Massive thanks go to everyone who has supported this initiative again, in this our 11th season. Without your kindness and generosity this scheme would have ended years ago and thousands of children would not have had the opportunity to visit Tynecastle to watch the Hearts.

Thank you and I wish you and your families a very Merry Xmas and best wishes for 2023.

:clap:

Dagger Is Back
On 15/12/2022 at 23:39, GlasgoJambo said:

11 years is incredible. Superb stuff Dagger. It's brilliant to be able to give the gift of Hearts to the school kids.

Enjoy your break 🎅

Will do matey. Merry Xmas to you and yours

Keep up the excellent work that you do. All those happy kids and parents getting along to tynie thanks to you. 
From running around between schools and Tynecastle dropping off tickets. 
That is some achievement and now it’s 11years since you started . Thank you Dagger and have a wonderful Xmas 🎅 

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, novoman said:

Keep up the excellent work that you do. All those happy kids and parents getting along to tynie thanks to you. 
From running around between schools and Tynecastle dropping off tickets. 
That is some achievement and now it’s 11years since you started . Thank you Dagger and have a wonderful Xmas 🎅 

Thanks buddy. It’s been a brilliant thing to be involved in and shows not only how much this club means to folks but also how generous and charitable Jambos are.

Have a great Xmas and will see you soon 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, in the weekend of January 13th I was going to Edingburgh with a friend to watch a Hearts match. We are from the Netherlands. That actual match was rescheduled. Now the match agains St. Mirren is in that weekend. But it seems sold out. What are the best ways to get 2 tickets for this match? The Ticket office seems to be not an option :)