GTA Early Delivery info

hughesie27

This was posted on another forum from a GAME employee.

Today our shipment of GTAIV came in, we had THOUSANDS of copies, amazing numbers like nothing i've ever seen before, even Halo 3 and my job was pfp (prepping for packing as we call it). Let me give you the info first.

The Special Edition cardboard boxes are HUGE! and have their own boxart! The PS3 version has a woman sucking a lolly and the Xbox 360 version has Niko wearing fingerless gloves but inside both games in their DVD cases have identical boxarts. We opened one box of each and had a look, the gym bag comes folded up and the CD sadly doesnt have a proper CD case but a cardboard sleeve. The GTA4 PS3s arrived too, very heavy. The lockbox is SO much bigger than I thought. Anyway we were not allowed to even play a copy under penalty of firing.. not happy about that at all, we were even told to snitch on anyone who took a copy.. anyway the important info from game.co.uk orders..

The 500 MS points and Gamerpics that you get with a X360 order come to you via email on launch day, no sooner. We were expecting them to be on a card included with the game, but we were told this morning they would be emailed out.

We got more stock of PS3 copies than we were told so if you havent ordered it yet you should still be able to order the regular PS3 version on the site now, the 360 version had no extra copies.

If you ordered FREE DELIVERY on GTA4, GTA4 Special edition, or GTA4 PS3 bundle, they will be picked up on Saturday afternoon by Royal Mail.

If you ordered NEXT DAY DELIVERY on GTA4, GTA4 Special edition, or GTA4 PS3 bundle they will be picked up Monday morning by Royal Mail for Tuesday delivery.

There is NO CHANCE of getting the game early if you ordered next day delivery, but if you ordered free delivery there is a chance.

PS. We had lots of people ask if you need to sign for the game, you do not as we post Royal Mail regular. Of course the Special Edition and PS3 bundle are HUGE so you will need someone to answer the door for you! I can get my copy monday after work but I can hardly wait.. holding them today was the ultimate ****** tease!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you won't be getting it early. I know Brashy thought there was possibly a chance.

Also jsut general info about the limited edition.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
So you won't be getting it early. I know Brashy thought there was possibly a chance.

I've pre-ordered mine through Play.com. I noticed on my account yesterday that it said that they were currently processing the order. Normally when this is the case it is sent out the next day.

I'm hopeful that I'll have it on Monday but deep down know that it is going to be Tuesday.

Good chance it might come Monday for some folks then,

Picked up on Saturday by RM, sorted on Saturday afternoon / Sunday, ready for delivery on Monday.

ah. surely a day doesn't make that much difference :rolleyes::P

Darth Sidious

Wife reserved it using my Game card months ago. Can I go and pick it up in GAME Dumfermline on Tuesday?

As brillant as the game will be, I think that one game employee and anyone who has the same sort of stiffy about this game needs to get out and get a life

Its a game ffs

Probably need to pick it up from the GAME you pre-odered it bu yes as long as you take the receipt or your GAME card.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
As brillant as the game will be, I think that one game employee and anyone who has the same sort of stiffy about this game needs to get out and get a life

Its a game ffs

You're just angry because you are not the centre of attention on this thread.

Stop greeting, start gaming ;)

Its a game ffs

Yep. Getting excited about something that will be hours of entertainment for you is stupid.

Hell who even cares about the semi final derby?

Yep. Getting excited about something that will be hours of entertainment for you is stupid.

Hell who even cares about the semi final derby?

Theres getting excited and then theres blowing a moneyshot over a PC screen

The game employee clearly has done the latter and needs to get a live along with anyone excited to the same extent as him

How has he done this? Al he has done is described the best he could what is in each special edition set. He jsut seems to be pretty excited like most normal people.

Unlike you.

How has he done this? Al he has done is described the best he could what is in each special edition set. He jsut seems to be pretty excited like most normal people.

Unlike you.

True, he's only giving a description of the Limited Edition. Rockstar have kept everything a secret so most people know nothing.

Dean Winchester
Theres getting excited and then theres blowing a moneyshot over a PC screen

The game employee clearly has done the latter and needs to get a live along with anyone excited to the same extent as him

If you arent interested then sod off :rolleyes:

Ibrahim Tall

My play.com version got sent out yesterday apparently. :D

It getting done by recorded delivery or just normal?

Gimme an H...

Unlike you.

Serious question...Does most of your life revolve around the release of and details of GTA IV?

Most of my online life yep.

However I like to go to school to get educated and work part time to raise some funds as well as go to the Hearts games and out with my mates at the weekends.

Online though GTA is where my life 'is at'.

Of course I don't blame you for possibly thinking that my life is full of GTA as you only know me as 'hughesie27' and my online persona created by only the details I wish to share with the world. So in this respect yes mabye, to you and others, my life is just waiting until Tuesday when I will reach the pinnacle of my living and disappear into Oblivion. But Oblivion would be a different game altogether.

Mine is free delivery so i have a chance;)

Im not to fussed though just glad it's coming by Royal Mail instead of Parcel Force means i won't have to wait until potentially 6pm for it and will now get it at 12pm at the latest.

Cheers for the info

Do The Dance

Ordered mine from Play, and my order history says it was sent out yesterday. Monday would be nice, but I'm not too bothered so long as I have it by Tuesday!

BoJack Horseman
Most of my online life yep.

However I like to go to school to get educated and work part time to raise some funds as well as go to the Hearts games and out with my mates at the weekends.

Online though GTA is where my life 'is at'.

Of course I don't blame you for possibly thinking that my life is full of GTA as you only know me as 'hughesie27' and my online persona created by only the details I wish to share with the world. So in this respect yes mabye, to you and others, my life is just waiting until Tuesday when I will reach the pinnacle of my living and disappear into Oblivion. But Oblivion would be a different game altogether.

Lucky you. It's all about Tuesday for me! Online and off :P. I'm just sitting, waiting, not even eating i'm that obsessed... I even felt like doing a Cartman and freezing myself.;)

I orderd mine from shopto.net and it says "despatched" I've been given a RM tracking number so its defiantly been picked up, its 1st class recorded so if the lads at the sorting office are on their toes tonight I could be seeing this tomorrow!

The despatched messages you get are just so they can take the money out of your account.I got a msg 8 days ago saying that wii fit had been despatched but i just got it this afternoon from Parcel Force.My GTA has been despatched from Thursday aswell still expect it to be Tuesday though.

I orderd mine from shopto.net and it says "despatched" I've been given a RM tracking number so its defiantly been picked up, its 1st class recorded so if the lads at the sorting office are on their toes tonight I could be seeing this tomorrow!

If you look on the forums it says they're only doing it to take money out of your account so its all ready for Monday.. won't be sent until then.

See on GAME website that they're opening at midnight, that includes the Gyle and Princes Street stores.

Aye but Royal Mail have gave me a tracking ID surley they cant process this number without it going through their system, no?

Aye but Royal Mail have gave me a tracking ID surley they cant process this number without it going through their system, no?

Royal Mail will have it but they won't release it until you are meant to recieve it.I had a Parcel Force tracking number but it did not move from there hub in England until 12.00am last night for my Wii Fit delivery

Shop To are sending all their GTA stock on Monday, but are processing the orders just now.

Shopto sent mine on Friday. Didn't arrive today though

Shopto sent mine on Friday. Didn't arrive today though

No they didn't.. they just processed the orders so it was ready for Monday dispatch. Check the forums.

From IGN

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
From IGN

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Oh no. Sconnie and Hughsie will be searching the internet as we speak looking for some site saying the opposite! PS3 GTF!

Not me, I'm not a fanboy. I wreckon the ps3 and 360 are on par the PS3 has the better hardware though.

But that's not why I buy a console. I buy it to have fun and the 360 just has that many better games. And online play is unmatchable. I've said before that I think the Ps3 will probably overtake the 360 in years to come. Mabye then I will buy one.

Ehh, they reasons are absolute crap. what does it matter which version they've been reviewing? And most places I've seen have been selling it the ps3 version at 40. That's what I'll be buying it for. I'd much rather go with the quote from IGN, which actually focusses on graphics etc, instead of clutching at straws about which controller has the longer lead (see other gta thread, which btw I don't get since ps3 has wireless controllers???) or prices.

jack D and coke
Ehh, they reasons are absolute crap. what does it matter which version they've been reviewing? And most places I've seen have been selling it the ps3 version at 40. That's what I'll be buying it for. I'd much rather go with the quote from IGN, which actually focusses on graphics etc, instead of clutching at straws about which controller has the longer lead (see other gta thread, which btw I don't get since ps3 has wireless controllers???) or prices.

On top of the install before you play that the 360 doesn't have and the reported chugging of the frame rate which the 360 doesn't have or the 2 huge downloads that the PS3 doesn't have and won't be getting!

When the PS3's GTA experience is over the 360 will have another 20-30 hours of gameplay.

It's the game of this generation bar none and the full GTA 4 is only on the 360.

See on GAME website that they're opening at midnight, that includes the Gyle and Princes Street stores.

Does anyone know if asda will start selling this at midnight tomorrow?

Anybody ever been around that time on a release date?

Off work this week and have a voucher for asda i could use

They will be but you will probably need to get there much ealier since it's not like a game shop where everythign is revolving around the release.

They will be but you will probably need to get there much ealier since it's not like a game shop where everythign is revolving around the release.

ok cheers

On top of the install before you play that the 360 doesn't have and the reported chugging of the frame rate which the 360 doesn't have or the 2 huge downloads that the PS3 doesn't have and won't be getting!

When the PS3's GTA experience is over the 360 will have another 20-30 hours of gameplay.

It's the game of this generation bar none and the full GTA 4 is only on the 360.

If you read the various reviews that have came from the various gaming websites over the past day they all proclaim the PS3 to be the superior version from a technical point of view.

The install on the PS3 version is a good thing,

The lack of install on the 360 version means that it suffers from texture pop in quite freqently.

Both versions will look superb but this time 360 owners cant come and bash ps3 owners about how their version is "technically superior"

Developer problems with the ps3 is a thing of the past

Developer problems with the 360 is a thing of the future.

They're selling it from midnight yeah, I asked when I was in last night.

Up until recently I still played San Andreas for the PS2, about 4 years after it was released. Never completed it properly. With the multiplayer etc in GTA 4 neither version will be "over". And aside from the fact the install takes the huge, agonising time of 5 MINUTES, if you've been reading up on it it's better to install it. Less popups like Jimmy says and the ps3 version won't have any loading sequences either, the Xbox will.

Just been watching loads of HD gameplay videos on Gametrailers, looks friggin' immense! The drunk bits are hilarious!

Archived