GTA Early Delivery info

hughesie27

North Berwick Jambo

Woo hoo, booked today off as a holiday, got my mates round & got shot of the wife & kids, got all the bev, smokes & munchies ready, now sitting down unwrapping it & looking forward to spending the rest of the day wandering round Liberty City!!

Happy days!! ;)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GhostHunter

Okay...

Come on...

Ya Feckers...

What's the Multiplayer like ? Is it as good as it sounds ?

blondejamtart

Hubby just phoned me to say he's been at the Gyle and bought a copy for our son, no problem - plenty available!

I think mine is on its way here, didnt expect it today but on the parcelforce website it says out to delivery...

have to leave for work in half an hour and my copy still isn't here :yadayada:

still, the post doesn't usually come round my way til around 1 or 2. will be very tempted to try and buy it on the way home if the wench tells me its not here when she gets home.

Snake Plissken

I went to Tesco at about 11 last night did and did a shop with the Mrs, thought there would be a most 10-20 people there I didn't go to the q for the game. Went back over at quarter to and found at least 50 people waiting - by the time midnight came there were easily 100 people there.

There was a nervous 15 minutes while I waited as I heard whispers they only had 30 copies for each format. But I got to the head of the q and got my copy no bother, there were 13 copies left for the 360 when I got mine and a good 40-50 people behind me so there must have been a good few who missed out.

Probably could have sold my copy on for at least ?100 - but no chance of that!

Got 3 hours play time in and have barely scratched the surface of the game, Ive started to get my driving under control and getting better with the fighting system. Had a quick bash on free roam and team deathmatch before I went to bed - seems pretty good but hard to judge on less than 20 minutes play time.

JamboRossi79
Asda at the Jewel had 60 copies each of PS3 and 360,sold out in 35mins

Aye and I was probably about 80 -100 in the queue :(

But it's all good since I got it later at HMV.

Will be having a proper shot tonight, last night was just having a quick shot.

Dean Winchester

Been driving about in a Corvette for the last hour listening to Liberty City Rock haha love it

And Dexter the multiplayer is great so far, Havent tried everything but I'm liking it

Don't know what the fuss was about. Went to Sainsbury at 9 this morning, massive shelf full.

Ah baws, I decided not to bothered going there, assumed since Teso and Asda cold out they would have too. Never mind, 2 hours and I can go pick mine up.

Do you ever think to yourself "just grow up"?

vladtheexhaler
Don't know what the fuss was about. Went to Sainsbury at 9 this morning, massive shelf full.

Murrayfield (Gorgie) one?

Got it at Game at midnight last night.

Anyone else think its sheite?

Na, didn't think so.

:P

marshallschunkychicken

Has anyone tried driving whilst drunk yet? (In the game, obviously).

Most disconcerting thing ever :mj_zivili:

Snake Plissken
Has anyone tried driving whilst drunk yet? (In the game, obviously).

Most disconcerting thing ever :mj_zivili:

nah I wimped out and got a cab.

Pretty cool how you start to sober up during the cab ride, managed to "score" on my date with Michelle.

Later took Roman to a strip club - my first few hours have been productive. :)

Darth Sidious
nah I wimped out and got a cab.

Pretty cool how you start to sober up during the cab ride, managed to "score" on my date with Michelle.

Later took Roman to a strip club - my first few hours have been productive. :)

How did you manage that? Did you have to beat her at bowling, I was garbage.

has anyone ordered it from Game.co.uk?

Still waiting on it, anybody had any luck with them??

squeaky bum time, just got mine from zavvi.

Snake Plissken
How did you manage that? Did you have to beat her at bowling, I was garbage.

Beat her at bowling then arranged a second date at a bar, chose "try your luck" option after getting a taxi back and that was that.

Was at my friends house last night. He works at Comet and can usually buy the game a day or two early with no problems. Comet jacked the price up to 1000 pounds too stop the employees doing such a thing with GTA. Kinda sucks or we could have had a bash at it last night.

Seems anal how Rockstar are acting and not wanting it out what so ever before the release date. I know a release date is a release date but still its a little different to every other over hyped game in history.

My first job ever was a Electronic Games Boutique or whatever it was called and they used to give the employees a lend of games upto a week before they came out so you had working knowledge and could sell the product to the punters.

Dean Winchester

Been playing this online religously all day :rolleyes: Getting pretty good

If anyones up for a team deathmatch party send me an invite:

GamezGecko UK

For anyone who needs i have the PS3 version reserved at Argos in edinburgh. Managed to walk into a shop and pick it up no probs today so didn't use the reserved.

Do The Dance
Was at my friends house last night. He works at Comet and can usually buy the game a day or two early with no problems. Comet jacked the price up to 1000 pounds too stop the employees doing such a thing with GTA. Kinda sucks or we could have had a bash at it last night.

Seems anal how Rockstar are acting and not wanting it out what so ever before the release date. I know a release date is a release date but still its a little different to every other over hyped game in history.

My first job ever was a Electronic Games Boutique or whatever it was called and they used to give the employees a lend of games upto a week before they came out so you had working knowledge and could sell the product to the punters.

Mate of mine works at Gamestation. Was allowed to buy it on Saturday. I got mine from Play, arrived this morning. :)

Got my first shot at it a few hours ago.

First thing I done when I got into Roman's car?

Picked up some speed not expecting to need to be going at about 1mph in order to turn effectively!

Right into a wall!

Thenwhen I began to mess around I decided to blow up some cars next thing a guy comes sprinting round the corner right into me and he flals onto the floor with a police man, gun in hand trying to arrest him.

Dean Winchester
Got my first shot at it a few hours ago.

First thing I done when I got into Roman's car?

Picked up some speed not expecting to need to be going at about 1mph in order to turn effectively!

Right into a wall!

Thenwhen I began to mess around I decided to blow up some cars next thing a guy comes sprinting round the corner right into me and he flals onto the floor with a police man, gun in hand trying to arrest him.

All ive heard on xbox live is how hard it is to drive... Use LT and it is easy as to go round corners, use the handbrake (A or RB) and ur gonna spin yourself out of control

Get yourself a motorbike, much easier to go about in. Just don't go too fast or your gonna get hurt....

BoJack Horseman
All ive heard on xbox live is how hard it is to drive... Use LT and it is easy as to go round corners, use the handbrake (A or RB) and ur gonna spin yourself out of control

If you use both at the same time, effectively, you can turn corners at speed. Getting the hang of that just now, just need to get used to using the camera so I know where i'm going once i've turned.

If you use both at the same time, effectively, you can turn corners at speed. Getting the hang of that just now, just need to get used to using the camera so I know where i'm going once i've turned.

That's what I've been practicing, balancing the two to get sideways without losing too much speed. Very dependent on the type of car it would seem, but I like the driving system.

I find tapping R3 (right stick button) as you get round the corner works well for straightening the camera up.

Not been online yet but i have a nice hummer and a corvette(went to spray n paint and it's now like Face's from the A-Team,brilliant)done my first execution,bullet to the brain.Shooting is so much better now.

Guest GhostHunter

I need to change the button set up - every time I drive and go round a corner, I honk the horn.

Getting right on ma chebs.

The dialogue in the game is first class,drunkin driving is mad i had to get out and call a cab.As for the driving sports cars or small hatchbacks are the best to drive makes sense really you aint going to rip round the corner in a hummer or a cadilac.

Darth Sidious

Just been out with Roman. Absolutely pashed! Kept falling flat on my face. Could not walk for 5 minutes. Brilliant.

I need to change the button set up - every time I drive and go round a corner, I honk the horn.

Getting right on ma chebs.

Finesse Dexter, it's all about the finesse. Caress the analogue stick, don't beat it, become one with the controller :cool:

Guest GhostHunter
Finesse Dexter, it's all about the finesse. Caress the analogue stick, don't beat it, become one with the controller :cool:

Yes Master....

Caress...stick...caress....finesse....

:D

Darth Sidious

Anyone know where I can get some new clothes. I am sick of my Shell Suit bought next to Roman's.

marshallschunkychicken

Hit a low wall at speed when in a car. Try and fly as far as possible through the front window.

Immense.

OmiyaHearts

I went to Argos Braehead at 3pm yesterday and bought it for the 360, they still had spare copies! If you want one I'd give them a call as the burd there said hardly anyone had gone in and purchased (sorry for late notice guys!).

What a game, my mate got it on the 28th from GForce in Glasgow for the PS3, i've now played it on both and it seems the PS3 has one or two better features - more angles to watch the TV in your apartment and also the HD resolution seems to be better on the PS3, either way I still love it, ended up watchin the TV channels for about 45 mins and the drink driving is fun (NOT in real-life).

ive got a week off work from today and i intend to spend the full week on my sofa playing it.

Anyone know where I can get some new clothes. I am sick of my Shell Suit bought next to Roman's.

You can buy a few different outfits in that shop. I'm wearing combats and a nice maroon jacket.

Interesting there are characters named Vlad and Roman!

You can buy a few different outfits in that shop. I'm wearing combats and a nice maroon jacket.

Vlad has already got a bullet to his brain;)

marshallschunkychicken

Interesting that the tracksuit tops only come in maroon and green. This games going to have the usual GTA Scottish injokes I think...

Gimme an H...

Anyone else get an extremely sore head and start to feel sick when you're trying to control Niko when he's peshed??

............****ing quality!!!

Guest GhostHunter

Rockstar are based in Edinburgh IIRC - so maybe not so odd :D

Sexton Hardcastle

Wasnt the whole gang in Sanandreas based on the CSS or some bollocks like that? or just another stupid story?

Archived