Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

manaliveits105
42 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

That's my reason for wanting independence. Start with that then devolve more, real power to local communities as Norway does. Politicians won't find it so easy to break the law or become distant from us, if they live/ work just down the road.

:rudiyas:

JudyJudyJudy
54 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

All the talk of Humza and his “white” speech. 
Wee anus has one very similar..

Doesnt get the same amount of mentions tho. 

Cause he’s not the FM ? 

Goodness me. You know things are in disarray in the minds of the separatist movement when big sleepy cuddles is being heralded as the Father of the nation figure. He's thoroughly discredited in every sense. Alba have no traction with the electorate whatsoever. 

The infighting is glorious to observe. The SNP Westminster contingent will be absolutely raging with Humza as their noses could be forcibly removed from the trough sooner than even they feared. That's a talentless bunch of unaccountable shite that'll struggle to replicate their current earnings outside of the gravy train they've all be so reticent to leave.

Octopus arms portrayed as some kind of political titan :rofl:

manaliveits105
10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Goodness me. You know things are in disarray in the minds of the separatist movement when big sleepy cuddles is being heralded as the Father of the nation figure. He's thoroughly discredited in every sense. Alba have no traction with the electorate whatsoever. 

The infighting is glorious to observe. The SNP Westminster contingent will be absolutely raging with Humza as their noses could be forcibly removed from the trough sooner than even they feared. That's a talentless bunch of unaccountable shite that'll struggle to replicate their current earnings outside of the gravy train they've all be so reticent to leave.

Octopus arms portrayed as some kind of political titan :rofl:

The people who never really liked Sturgeon or the snp but always trusted in Alex really and it was just a bit touchy feelie anyway 

it's become absolute comedy gold watching the separatists on here 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, AyrJambo said:

Each to their own

Hopefully we will get to the truth as further court proceedings take place  and the alphbetties are outed and done for perjury

I believe the 'alphbetties' are protected by a guarantee of immunity from prosecution, granted by Scottish authorities. That includes the one who was proven to be lying.

Can't see immunity being lifted as precedent would be set, however much people would like to see it happen.

Ulysses
2 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

image.thumb.png.9fe165513505795cb9e6e06b0e8a7751.png

My point?  The only thing worse than a turncoat is a double turncoat - a reversible turncoat, so to speak.

As for the election, presumably the hidden leadership stood over a crowd big enough to fill Hampden and forced 26,032 of them at gunpoint to mark their papers 1 or 2 in favour of Yousaf?  Is that how it worked?  :rolleyes: 

il Duce McTarkin

We need more double turncoats imo

JudyJudyJudy

Defining what a woman is …… shite 

Cranston

Well, its certainly gotten Pete Murrell off the front pages. Smoke and mirrors is my best guess. It'll be everybody back on the bus, soon enough, with not a lot of change occurring. The snp will still be greens and while it'll appear as if noses are out of joint, they'll all continue to makin merry doon in the wee room at the taxpayers expense. Michael Matheson anyone? Political shenanigans, thats aw folks. 

i wish jj was my dad

He's nowhere close to being capable of holding the office and was never going to be any long term solution but anybody thinking Salmond is some kind of white Knight must be aff their heid. A bam of the highest order and makes Johnson look like a good guy 

I'll eat my hat if he ever takes it to the courts. It would be Tommy Sheridan all over again. 

The country desperately needs stability and even boring functionaries running the show. Competent and on task would be a start. 

AyrJambo
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

My point?  The only thing worse than a turncoat is a double turncoat - a reversible turncoat, so to speak.

As for the election, presumably the hidden leadership stood over a crowd big enough to fill Hampden and forced 26,032 of them at gunpoint to mark their papers 1 or 2 in favour of Yousaf?  Is that how it worked?  :rolleyes: 

Turncoat is a pejorative term

She quit one party and joined another - not the first and won't be the last

What is the double-turncoat bit? She's not going back to SNP

Ulysses
3 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Turncoat is a pejorative term

Yes.  It was meant pejoratively.  I have little time or respect for turncoats.

3 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

What is the double-turncoat bit? She's not going back to SNP

I would expect not.  So what do you and @doctor jambo think she should be leading?  I wouldn't have mentioned her if you guys hadn't.

AyrJambo
9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I would expect not.  So what do you and @doctor jambo think she should be leading?  I wouldn't have mentioned her if you guys hadn't.

Nobody said anything about her leading anything

I did wonder if that was what you were thinking - that somehow she is up to replace Yousaf?

She is a topic of discussion because the way the numbers stack at Holyrood she may have the effective casting vote in Useless's VONC

Then there was side discussion about the fact she was a leadership candidate in the "contest" which installed Useless

AyrJambo
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Did you consider Jack Charlton to be a turncoat when as a former England international football player he became manager of ROI?

Ulysses
17 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Nobody said anything about her leading anything

No-one?

8 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

we need a "boss"

not the current spineless flip flappers

Ash Regan would do

To which you replied:

8 hours ago, AyrJambo said:

Cherry 1st for me

Has the constitutional nous needed and a bit of steel about her

Then Regan

Forbes not so sure about her

Ulysses
18 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Did you consider Jack Charlton to be a turncoat when as a former England international football player he became manager of ROI?

Of course not.  But if he'd left (for example) the Labour Party to join (for example) the Liberal Democrats, I would have.

AyrJambo
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

No-one?

To which you replied:

I stand corrected!

Caught up in the heat of the moment

She would make good fist of leading Alba though

Can't speak for @drjambo

Ulysses
2 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

She would make good fist of leading Alba though

She could do, though I couldn't say.  She doesn't strike me as having the same degree of "impact" as some other figures in Scottish politics, and I include Forbes and Cherry in that, but I don't see them all in action as often as you might.  Of course, unless Salmond calls it quits with Alba, she won't get the chance to lead them anyway.

TallPaul

Amazing to think that 89 years of work went into the SNP to bring them to where they were, from supporting Adolf during the war to being Scotland's most popular party for well over a decade. 

As they approach 90 years old along comes the rancid Hamas supporter and smashes a wrecking ball through it.

Lovely stuff.

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Amazing to think that 89 years of work went into the SNP to bring them to where they were, from supporting Adolf during the war to being Scotland's most popular party for well over a decade. 

As they approach 90 years old along comes the rancid Hamas supporter and smashes a wrecking ball through it.

Lovely stuff.

I don't think you are giving the Murrells enough credit for their part in the downfall

Japan Jambo

Anyone else hear Gillian Mackay (literally) crying on the radio about the break down of the relationship between the SNP and the Greens? Guess this is a generational thing.

That thing you do

The fact is you need two independence parties to win a Holyrood election

One on the vote one on the list.

Whatever the SNP are, they have not been a party of independence since Sturgeonism came in. Her husband was a big voice behind that by the way.

There are good politicians in the SNP but sadly there's sturgeonites too. The sturgeonites and extremists (wokerati) need to leave (and join the greens who are equally loony)

So SNP in current state isn't 1 of the 2 and if anything it needs a split with the sane element creating a new party or Sturgeon charged so that they can take back the SNP.

The Greens meanwhile have removed independence from their leaflets and are prepared to vote with unionists over Humza so I'm not sure they know what they stand for.

Alba is a party of independence and I remember Salmonds words after his trial "the truth will be revealed" and I believe the truth is Murrell manufactured the accusations against him and he will either be a character witness at his prosecution or it will turn out he found out what Murrell and Sturgeon were up to. Either way I see him and ALBA gaining traction post prosecution.

Alba though would be a 2 vote.

What does that leave?

Until it all comes out in the wash I can't see a majority for independence in Holyrood for 1-2 elections ie 5 to 10 years maybe 15.

When it does come round and happens, the "generation" will have passed from 2014 and they'll be in on a mandate for a referendum vote again.

Short term, Indy is dead as theres no credible path to it, though support for it is high and the longer Brexit is a disaster the longer that will linger.

It is what it is. Independence is tge best route for Scotland but I don't see it next 15 years which is really depressing.

The Mighty Thor
22 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

I'm actually serious, but in fairness I do understand why you may think I'm not, obviously I have no wish for him to succeed. He is a once in a generation politician - I'm genuinely astounded that so many have fallen for a botched hatchet job. If people are serious about independence he should be their only vote. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair I thought it was a decent effort 👌 

Salmond is yesterday's man. He's a wily political figure but he's not what the wider independence movement needs to go forward or to keep the younger voters engaged

Before you ask I've got no idea who is 🤷‍♂️

Japan Jambo
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Salmond is yesterday's man. He's a wily political figure but he's not what the wider independence movement needs to go forward or to keep the younger voters engaged

👍

Australis
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Tainted after the sleepy cuddles case.

Alba polling about 2% just now and he didn't get them Indy at his last attempt.

They need someone younger and fresher, who doesn't tell them the constant lies that indy will happen soon while knowing it won't.

But we will get more of the same, its all they have for the donkeys.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Anyone else hear Gillian Mackay (literally) crying on the radio about the break down of the relationship between the SNP and the Greens? Guess this is a generational thing.

Yes I saw it on the news last night . It was pathetic really . Not being able to contain your emotions is rather immature really . It’s not like she was talking about a bereavement or something . I could understand that 

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Salmond should take a back seat at Alba and let Regan lead it

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, That thing you do said:

The fact is you need two independence parties to win a Holyrood election

One on the vote one on the list.

Whatever the SNP are, they have not been a party of independence since Sturgeonism came in. Her husband was a big voice behind that by the way.

There are good politicians in the SNP but sadly there's sturgeonites too. The sturgeonites and extremists (wokerati) need to leave (and join the greens who are equally loony)

So SNP in current state isn't 1 of the 2 and if anything it needs a split with the sane element creating a new party or Sturgeon charged so that they can take back the SNP.

The Greens meanwhile have removed independence from their leaflets and are prepared to vote with unionists over Humza so I'm not sure they know what they stand for.

Alba is a party of independence and I remember Salmonds words after his trial "the truth will be revealed" and I believe the truth is Murrell manufactured the accusations against him and he will either be a character witness at his prosecution or it will turn out he found out what Murrell and Sturgeon were up to. Either way I see him and ALBA gaining traction post prosecution.

Alba though would be a 2 vote.

What does that leave?

Until it all comes out in the wash I can't see a majority for independence in Holyrood for 1-2 elections ie 5 to 10 years maybe 15.

When it does come round and happens, the "generation" will have passed from 2014 and they'll be in on a mandate for a referendum vote again.

Short term, Indy is dead as theres no credible path to it, though support for it is high and the longer Brexit is a disaster the longer that will linger.

It is what it is. Independence is tge best route for Scotland but I don't see it next 15 years which is really depressing.

A big problem remains the upcoming Salmond anti Scottish Government trial.  

Moving on from the Sturgeon era has to be the priority. That will take time but a new different First Minister, probably Forbes would help. Do that quickly before you have to deal with the next elections which will also be an opportunity to reset.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Forbes is playing a smart game by backing Humza. She knows he is a dead man walking anyway, so it is important to not be the one that stabs him in the front or back.

Ulysses
31 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Forbes is playing a smart game by backing Humza. She knows he is a dead man walking anyway, so it is important to not be the one that stabs him in the front or back.

That should add to her credibility among the party movers and shakers.  Presumably she also has the good sense to be making lots of phone calls this week.

il Duce McTarkin
10 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Presumably she also has the good sense to be making lots of phone calls this week.

Just off the blower. She's secured my spare ticket for Rugby Park.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

AyrJambo
37 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

😃

Ulysses
38 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Which Ministerial post did you get in return? :biggrin2:

Gundermann
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Equally she's leaving herself open to accusations of being complicit, esp when her record of serving as a minister with Yousaf and under Sturgeon is highlighted.

Wonder if the conservatives on here will really jump to the SNP if they appoint Forbes or if mad Ash Regan influences the day? Or are they just shitstirring...?  🤔

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Equally she's leaving herself open to accusations of being complicit, esp when her record of serving as a minister with Yousaf and under Sturgeon is highlighted.

Wonder if the conservatives on here will really jump to the SNP if they appoint Forbes or if mad Ash Regan influences the day? Or are they just shitstirring...?  🤔

I don't know but giving the impression of being competent after utter chaos worked for Rishi Sunak, in the short term anyway.

AyrJambo
2 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Christ, Bell-end and Wings over Scotland. Is it any wonder Abla are on 1% of the electorate?

Have you actually read it?

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Which Ministerial post did you get in return? :biggrin2:

Minister for cultural understanding, ethics, political correctness, and religious tolerance.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, il Duce McTarkin said:

Minister for cultural understanding, ethics, political correctness, and religious tolerance.

Given your need for more, surely Minister of Supply.

BlueRiver
17 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Christ, Bell-end and Wings over Scotland. Is it any wonder Abla are on 1% of the electorate?

Not familiar with Bell, what's the script there? 

AyrJambo
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given your need for more, surely Minister of Supply.

😄

Needs an "imo" imo

Edited by AyrJambo

Mikey1874
31 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

It doesn't matter. If SNP members had the vote again, Forbes would win easily.