We badly need a new owner!

Hibee Hater

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs are financially in a better position than us. They can kick on for the next few seasons unlike us unless we find a cash supply from somewhere.

:facepalm:

alwaysthereinspirit

Romanov has gave us some good memories but he is currently running us into the ground.

Professional sports franchise owners are a dime a dozen so it shouldn't be to hard to get a new one in. Maybe even by our next home game.

For the record hibs are now a total irrelevance and im grateful we got to put an official stamp on that in may. What that mob have to say about anything in relation to our club holds no significance any more

Now off you pop

I reckon the OP is correct. We do need a new owner, a fact pointed out by Mr Romanov himself. He hasn't the time (or patience, more like) to be involved in Scottish Fitba anymore and wants to sell. He will not let us disappear before then though.

It's not often I agree with a Hobo but there you go.

Tynecastle Valhalla

whether that is true or not, I can't see how that would happen in the forseeable future.

there is only debt to be made from buying a club like hearts

Ideally we do need a new owner.

Romanov cannot take us forward particularly and he doesn't actually want to (that is the key really).

Not a rant or even a bite to the OP but in an ideal world his time has about come and gone.

No one is going to go near Hearts with the current debt or price tag that has been put on us.

Personally I'm happy with Mr Romanov at the moment, considering he was instrumental in allowing our greatest ever victory a mere 4 months ago and is on the verge of re signing Rudolf Skacel.

:verysmug:

Mr Romanov has presided over two Scottish cup wins and finished Hibs forever by putting together a squad to crush them 5-1 in the biggest game of their history.

Need I say more.

Need I say more.

The Real Maroonblood

No one is going to go near Hearts with the current debt or price tag that has been put on us.

Personally I'm happy with Mr Romanov at the moment, considering he was instrumental in allowing our greatest ever victory a mere 4 months ago and is on the verge of re signing Rudolf Skacel.

:verysmug:

Totally agree with your sentiments.

The future is looking so good.

Everything is hunky dory.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Do you see every football club owner showing their face and making public statements week in week out?! No you do not.

Romanov last made a statement at the time of the Liverpool tie, less than a month ago. Sometimes i think people would rather he just packed his backs and left us a lot worse off than we are now.

There are some people who think that if he just packed his bags they would accept that tough times might follow but in the long term it would be better for the club - I am one of them. Hopefully it would be on a negotiated deal with a new owner however unlikely that might seem at the moment.

Drewjambobusby

As i have siad many times i wish he would go. I do not however, wish him to go, and leave us in an absolute state. So a negotiated, sensible deal, with someone ,who actually has the Clubs interests at Heart, would be pukka.

Can`t see it though. Maybe Mr Romanov will tire of Basketball, due to some dubious refereeing decisions, or fall out with the Basketball authorities, and make us his new toy again ???

And when will you realise that there were others very interested but didn't get a chance because of people encouraging others to chase "the rich Russians money" ala Abramovic stylee.

Who were these others? Genuine question Rudi.

mahgrassyshoes

There are some people who think that if he just packed his bags they would accept that tough times might follow but in the long term it would be better for the club - I am one of them. Hopefully it would be on a negotiated deal with a new owner however unlikely that might seem at the moment.

There would be some who would suffer hearts being completely fecked, but with the amount of folks turning their backs on the club just now it would only get much worse when we didn't have a pot to piss in.

You would struggle to find another owner anywhere in the world that is willing to keep a club afloat with a debt of our size. Yes he isnt pumping money in anymore but it would be very simple for him to sell tynecastle, pack us in and bugger off into the distance.

may well happen soon.

Dony really know why people are saying im a nibs fan tbh anytime i put up a valid point thats what everyone replys with.

When will people realise, no one else wanted us then and no one else wants us now.

Ah yes.. The 'let's just sit tight' brigade out in full force!

The Real Maroonblood

Dony really know why people are saying im a nibs fan tbh anytime i put up a valid point thats what everyone replys with.

It's because you can't say anything negative about the mad man.

Everyone laughed at Romanov. He gets called mad Vlad and for what? Telling the utter truth about the west coast mafia and the media monkeys!

Was he wrong?

Naw!

Now that we know this, and it still continues even today, if you were in his position, would you throw another 10 - 15 million quid at Hearts in order to appease the masses?

Naw!

He's cut back and trying to get the club to be able to run by its own finances and not from his wallet and therefore be in a more sellable condition.

Then we may get a new owner but let's be honest, who would take us on right now? A crumbling stadium, millions in debt and a ###### for a manager who can't even speak properly?

I think we are biting the hand that feeds us TBH

Pans - while I agree with some of your points the weakness in it is that he isn't 'feeding' us anymore and the ###### of a manager you mention was hired by... Ah yes, Mr Romanov!

Pans - while I agree with some of your points the weakness in it is that he isn't 'feeding' us anymore and the ###### of a manager you mention was hired by... Ah yes, Mr Romanov!

Aye, I concede your last point there but he's not feeding us any more because he knows it's still not a level playing field. The voting rights are still the same and he's probably heard a rumour about a league reconstruction to assist the ugly sisters getting back together sooner rather than later.

Love to see a big investment from Vlad but if it was my money, I would be keeping a hold of it.

Drewjambobusby

Everyone laughed at Romanov. He gets called mad Vlad and for what? Telling the utter truth about the west coast mafia and the media monkeys!

Was he wrong?

Naw!

Now that we know this, and it still continues even today, if you were in his position, would you throw another 10 - 15 million quid at Hearts in order to appease the masses?

Naw!

He's cut back and trying to get the club to be able to run by its own finances and not from his wallet and therefore be in a more sellable condition.

Then we may get a new owner but let's be honest, who would take us on right now? A crumbling stadium, millions in debt and a ###### for a manager who can't even speak properly?

I think we are biting the hand that feeds us TBH

Pans. You cannot seriously tell me that Romanov`s ramblings, have been of someone with a sane mind ? Either that or his translator wants shot !!!!! He has brought the club into the media limelight, of his own doing, and at times, quite a few times, made us a laughing stock ?

Totally understand, someone trying to bring finances into line ,and if he manages it i will for one applaud him. But, it took him years to get us into this state, with some overpaid, underperforming players and IMO he should have made it a gradual process. Cannot see, what is to be gained by essentially asset stripping the club, and putting the team in a perilous state ? What, god forbid, if we were to be relegated ? What chance would we have of getting out of shit then ?

I honestly think a lot of the brick walls that Hearts come up against, are because of Vlad and his previous rambling record of criticism. A new owner may have better luck.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I think the point he's making is that there's no-one willing to buy us.

Sad truth is that now that his bank has closed here, Vlad no longer needs Hearts as a showboat for himself. He's lost interests in us and I'm pretty sure that he'll take the first reasonable offer that comes along. The vitriol from the media here and the fact the the game here is rotten to the core and run by complete charlatans have all helped to make up his mind on this. Given the events of the past few months with Newco can anyone really blame him. I don't think he'll ever pull the plug on us - but it's becoming pretty clear that infusions of cash are finished and the the club will now have to live within it's means.

I honestly think that if the club was made available for free and with the debt written off entirely, that there would still be no takers. There was some speculation of interest parties that amounted to nothing at the start of the year, but since then? Not a peep.

That said, if the club was officially put up for sale at a realistic price with a prospectus published etc, then we would no for sure whether there was anyone interested or not...as the case may be.

I think the point he's making is that there's no-one willing to buy us.

Which is true - but I can understand the OP in that as Vlad just is not interested - we WILL need a new owner, okay nobody has the answer but that shouldn't stop it being brought up for discussion.

Drewjambobusby

I honestly think that if the club was made available for free and with the debt written off entirely, that there would still be no takers. There was some speculation of interest parties that amounted to nothing at the start of the year, but since then? Not a peep.

That said, if the club was officially put up for sale at a realistic price with a prospectus published etc, then we would no for sure whether there was anyone interested or not...as the case may be.

Would it not be in his interests to sell the club for a knockdown price. Hold onto the debt, and charge a nominal rate of interest, so that we could have a realistic chance of repaying ? His bank must have been paid a reasonable amount of interest on the debt over the years ? Or is that a non-starter ?

Jam Tarts 1874

What I want to know where is Leslie deans and the Edinburgh plumber that wanted to buy hearts before time for them to come out the woodwork again

Ask Rudi, he seems to know all about the fiancial clout of those you mention.

quincy adams wagstaff

how about the pieman making a comeback,only asking because i thought i saw him today driving along stenhouse drive,if he has a big silver car it was him.

Archived