We badly need a new owner!

Hibee Hater

Yup I've never ever committed any money to Hearts, it's all my fault.

Of course it's not your fault. You are just a moth to the light of financial issues at Hearts, you deride the owner and how skint we are, but you are not prepared to put your hand in your pocket.

That's fine, you don't have to, but I just find it amusing that you get such a kick out of our financial woes whilst your monies stay safely in the T wallet.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Yup I've never ever committed any money to Hearts, it's all my fault.

Just keeping repaeating that people are saying it's all your fault doesn't make it true. No-one is saying it's all your fault, are they?

ToadKiller Dog

If folk want to blame me, then go ahead. It wont stop me contributing to these threads.

Don't think I am blaming anybody for anything ? More highlighting the two extremes of kickback .

You have to admit you are on the negative side expectation of our future .

Of course it's not your fault. You are just a moth to the light of financial issues at Hearts, you deride the owner and how skint we are, but you are not prepared to put your hand in your pocket.

That's fine, you don't have to, but I just find it amusing that you get such a kick out of our financial woes whilst your monies stay safely in the T wallet.

The T wallet is brassic currently. I take it this stops me from voicing my opinion? ..and to suggest I am getting a kick out of all this is pathetic.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

it's all too baffling with vr and there is no transparency with anything. One minute he debt forgives millions which is superb the next we're not paying wages on time and we publish accounts which show horrific wages being paid.

There is no strategy or logic in many decisions if we are truly cutting back why bring in Janny and combe? We've made huge amounts on transfer fees, Gordon, bednar, berra, Wallace, rudi equate to something like 16m yet all through that the debt rises?

Big wages gambling on champions league income then pyramid system to try and sell on players using hearts as the top club to sell on and now youth is the key meanwhile managers come and go with payoffs left right and centre.

Development of Tynie is not even thought off anymore.

Is there any other owner of a football club who show less interest in their club? Seriously? Does anyone really know who runs the show on a day to day basis anymore?

To be late paying wages this early in the season after selling a prize player, taking money in for season tickets and making a shed load of cash from the Liverpool game is negligent to put it politely.

I get he's the only show in town and that we cannot survive without him but by the same token have we all just to accept what's going on without daring to ask what on earth is going on?

But what is going on is the debt is going down, the wages are going down, we are winning trophies and qualifying for Europe. I am perfectly willing to accept that...

But what is going on is the debt is going down, the wages are going down, we are winning trophies and qualifying for Europe. I am perfectly willing to accept that...

What is going on is we have just signed 3 players/ coach and yet we cannot pay our wage bill.

Negligent at the very least.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What is going on is we have just signed 3 players/ coach and yet we cannot pay our wage bill.

Negligent at the very least.

Compared to millions in debt forgiveness, that ranks as highly as the seats in the stadium needing painted in terms of my giveashitometer.

As for the coaches, we have one less than last season and our squad has been massively reduced in number and cost.

The Real Maroonblood

The T wallet is brassic currently. I take it this stops me from voicing my opinion? ..and to suggest I am getting a kick out of all this is pathetic.

Join his gang and you will be ok. :rolleyes:

Liquidation has always been the most likely end to all this, Martin. I think it has ever since September 6, 1999: the day the SMG deal was agreed. 13 years later, we're still here - but I cannot believe we'll still be here in another 13 years as presently constituted unless VR either writes off all the debt, sells the stadium, or separates the ground from the club and leases it back to some as yet unidentified new owner.

The first option depends both on the kindness of Vlad's heart, and literally, whether he and UBIG can afford to do it; but there's scarcely a football club owner anywhere who'd show such magnanimity. The second, I agree with Coco, is something the club are likely to attempt, and making preparations for already - but where would we go afterwards? And the third, which I think is fairly likely in the end, would constitute some form of realistic compromise, enabling UBIG to get at least something back on everything they've put in.

Many of us on here are pragmatists. We know how unsustainable the fundamentals underpinning the club are: they have been for about 40 years actually, but the situation was terminal when VR bailed us out, and remains terminal now. He's kept us on life support ever since - but do folk think he's just going to go on forever? He's already 65 as it is; I can't believe he'll stick around for more than another five years, tops.

At some point, the financial situation at Rangers, which developed over a period of over a decade, was going to come back and get them. I still think it's highly likely to come back and get us too, unless one of the three options I've outlined is taken. In the meantime, there isn't a lot anyone can do other than enjoy it: enjoy that the club's still here, still at Tynecastle, still winning trophies. Armageddon was never cancelled though; it's just been postponed.

Shaun, good post but one that could've been written 2,3, 4 years ago and probably still valid 4, 5 years hence!

This is like the JKB thread that refuses to die but just jumps off the deathbed every time something else happens to pop up.

The situation has not changed one bit as far as our longevity & wellbeing is concerned. No-one (despite Rudi's claims) was seriously interested in buying HMFC from Pieman other than Romanov and no-one is now as far as I can see.

One way of funding a buy out would be to collect a fiver from everyone of the "Romanov GTF but I don't have an alternative so don't ask" brigade. If we did that we'd be able to give Man City a run for their money.

Liquidation has always been the most likely end to all this, Martin. I think it has ever since September 6, 1999: the day the SMG deal was agreed. 13 years later, we're still here - but I cannot believe we'll still be here in another 13 years as presently constituted unless VR either writes off all the debt, sells the stadium, or separates the ground from the club and leases it back to some as yet unidentified new owner.

The first option depends both on the kindness of Vlad's heart, and literally, whether he and UBIG can afford to do it; but there's scarcely a football club owner anywhere who'd show such magnanimity. The second, I agree with Coco, is something the club are likely to attempt, and making preparations for already - but where would we go afterwards? And the third, which I think is fairly likely in the end, would constitute some form of realistic compromise, enabling UBIG to get at least something back on everything they've put in.

Many of us on here are pragmatists. We know how unsustainable the fundamentals underpinning the club are: they have been for about 40 years actually, but the situation was terminal when VR bailed us out, and remains terminal now. He's kept us on life support ever since - but do folk think he's just going to go on forever? He's already 65 as it is; I can't believe he'll stick around for more than another five years, tops.

At some point, the financial situation at Rangers, which developed over a period of over a decade, was going to come back and get them. I still think it's highly likely to come back and get us too, unless one of the three options I've outlined is taken. In the meantime, there isn't a lot anyone can do other than enjoy it: enjoy that the club's still here, still at Tynecastle, still winning trophies. Armageddon was never cancelled though; it's just been postponed.

Shaun, good post but one that could've been written 2,3, 4 years ago and probably still valid 4, 5 years hence!

This is like the JKB thread that refuses to die but just jumps off the deathbed every time something else happens to pop up.

The situation has not changed one bit as far as our longevity & wellbeing is concerned. No-one (despite Rudi's claims) was seriously interested in buying HMFC from Pieman other than Romanov and no-one is now as far as I can see.

One way of funding a buy out would be to collect a fiver from everyone of the "Romanov GTF but I don't have an alternative so don't ask" brigade. If we did that we'd be able to give Man City a run for their money.

The only people who will invest money in HMFC (or any other Non Old Firm Scottish club) are it's fans. Some of these might be local businessmen whilst others are just ordinary fans.

Mr Romanov will be the last big money backer of HMFC in the near term future - apart from the Sevco consortium who are vulture capitalists and bought The Rangers very cheaply in a liquidation sale nobody else is going to put millions into HMFC or Dundee Utd or Hibernian or whoever.

Hearts and the other SPL & SFL clubs will just have to learn to become sustainable, most debt will eventually be written off or reduced or stadiums sold or ownership transferred as most clubs barring windfall transfer fees simply cannot generate enough or any surplus to ever trade out of debt. HMFC will be no different.

As long as there are 10K+ supporters willing to come along and pay their money every season then there will always remain a core Heart of Midlothian Football Club business but it will have to live within it's means and play at whatever level that allows - should certainly always be top five in Scotland more seasons than not.

Plc's or Limited companies might go bust or suffer insolvency events but the core of the football club almost always continues. Just see Airdrie, Gretna, The Rangers etc amongst many examples.

Anybody who tells you Hearts will die is simply a drama queen and certainly doesn't know the clubs history. At least twice the clubs has been re-constituted and new memberships and new shares capital issued to replace the previous club/company.

In the end it is ALWAYS the creditors and previous shareholders who get stiffed for pence in the pound.

Revisionism

Robinsin at the end managed debt roughly equivilant to our asset value ie the value of TYnecastle.

I have no idea where in the labrynth of Romanovs companies the ownership of Tynecastle lies presently ,but the mark to market value would be circa ?5 million.

Nobody would buy a site in Gorgie for development and the only use would be to mothball.

If we go down because of a tax bill generated by Romanovs scheme of paying players via Lithuania.then whom is to blame.

Revisionism

Robinsin at the end managed debt roughly equivilant to our asset value ie the value of TYnecastle.

I have no idea where in the labrynth of Romanovs companies the ownership of Tynecastle lies presently ,but the mark to market value would be circa ?5 million.

Nobody would buy a site in Gorgie for development and the only use would be to mothball.

If we go down because of a tax bill generated by Romanovs scheme of paying players via Lithuania.then whom is to blame.

I tell you what Revisionism is CK, ignoring the fact that Pieman ran up the ?24M debt in the first place and we all know of his "master plan" to get us out of that, eh?

You can dress it up as "managing debt equivalent to our asset value" but selling Tynecastle to pay off HBOS was the price, leaving HMFC with no assets and tenants in a "not fit for purpose" rugby stadium.

I tell you what Revisionism is CK, ignoring the fact that Pieman ran up the ?24M debt in the first place and we all know of his "master plan" to get us out of that, eh?

You can dress it up as "managing debt equivalent to our asset value" but selling Tynecastle to pay off HBOS was the price, leaving HMFC with no assets and tenants in a "not fit for purpose" rugby stadium.

Do you genuinely believe we are in a better financial position now..we cant pay wages..this means we have insufficient day to day working capital.

Robinson run up debts by behaving like a fan after a cup win rather than a business man..but for instance the deal for Riccarton was a very good one albeit not negotiated by Robinson.

Its not dressing anything up the debt to asset ratio was roughly equivilant..but you would probably blame Robinson for BT shares not being at ?15 these days

Do you genuinely believe we are in a better financial position now..we cant pay wages..this means we have insufficient day to day working capital.

Robinson run up debts by behaving like a fan after a cup win rather than a business man..but for instance the deal for Riccarton was a very good one albeit not negotiated by Robinson.

Its not dressing anything up the debt to asset ratio was roughly equivilant..but you would probably blame Robinson for BT shares not being at ?15 these days

Couldn't make it up, you actually genuinely believe Robinson was better than Romanov. :cornette:

You say Robinson made a good deal with Riccarton and then contradict yourself by saying he didn't even negotiate it :rofl:

Couldn't make it up, you actually genuinely believe Robinson was better than Romanov. :cornette:

You say Robinson made a good deal with Riccarton and then contradict yourself by saying he didn't even negotiate it :rofl:

If you think we are in a better financial position now then I wouldnt trust you to run a corner shop.

Robinson didnt negotiate the Riccarton deal which won the best business deal negotiated by a ginger heid award..he did however sanction it.

There were several flaws in Robinsons Murrayfield plan which should have been highlighted rationally and not reacted to hysterically,such a course of action would have generated support amongst the Edinburgh business community...amongst whom Robinson was not held in high esteem.

Instead by demonising him and particularly his wife and duaghter a large chunk of potential good will was alienated.

Playing to the gallery is easy

Will Romanov be here in 5yrs? No. Unlikely even three from now. And that's a good thing. He's an absentee owner, which in the current climate is of no use to the club when they need someone strong at the helm with an interest in success as well as keeping finances on an even keel.

Romanov has the money to sort things, yet chooses to put it into basketball. His choice but I find it insulting. We are a proud club with over 100yrs history, if he is done playing with us he should sell the club on and while doing so at the very least finance the club to maintain a decent level of challenge such as what Motherwell and Utd are doing, not dump good players when they are willing to stay and install a manager who does not appear to be good enough for the SPL battle.

He took on the responsibility and should live up to that. It may be a hard transition but I would prefer an owner with an eye on success and sat in the boardroom each week planning on how we can push things forward. The newhuns currently languish in the lower divisions so now is the time to challenge.

Ken what I like? I like a thread where folk that don't commit a penny to assisting our club's survival moan about our ownership.

It's always the same posters on this and wages threads. Martin_T admits he won't commit monies to our club yet he is always there with his outrage on negative and financial threads.

Oh, and are folk really only just getting that Hibee Hater actually hates Hearts? Some folk are late developers, mind.

Considering i have a season ticket and have done for 23 years i actually do not think i hate hearts its the complete opposite. I have never said anything wrong about hearts.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Mr Romanov will be the last big money backer of HMFC in the near term future - apart from the Sevco consortium who are vulture capitalists and bought The Rangers very cheaply in a liquidation sale nobody else is going to put millions into HMFC or Dundee Utd or Hibernian or whoever.

I'm going to stick my head out and say last big money backer of HMFC (and possibly even any Scottish football club) ever.

Not directed at you - just the folk who want Romanov out - but who would people prefer as owner?

Tom Farmer - almost as rich as Romanov yet with no interest in football or investing in Hibs. Appears to be fattening the club up for a sale and at the same time driving supporters away and almost ruining the club by getting them nearly relegated. Has squandered massive money on a training centre they didn't need and that isn't producing results and on a stadium they can't ever fill.

Charles Green - mad and is obviously in it for a quick flip to makes some money. Squandering money on players far too good for the division they're in - resulting in them already complaining Div 3 is "like a war".

Stuart Milne - massively rich man. MOre than Romanov apparently. No investment in Aberdeen despite their potential. Has steadily ruined that club.

Michael Johnston - Old Firm lackey. Desperately trying to keep Killie afloat but without investing his own money - prefers to rely on TV deals etc. Supporter of Rangers getting straight back into the SPL.

I ca't be bothered going on but my point is that there is every chance any new owner would be much worse than Romanov and we would be under much more threat of liquidation as I very much doubt our next owner will be a multi-millionaire who also owns a financial institution.

The Dundee Utd owner seems decent, as do the two Highland clubs. Look at some of the owners Dundee have had though, or the mess Motherwell's owners got them in, or the mess Celtic were in before McCann sorted them out. St Mirren's owners are so bad the fans want to buy the club off them. St Johnstone's owner is another who sucks up to the Old Firm.

It's definitely a case of better the devil you know with Romanov. He is currently doing what is exactly the right strategy for Hearts at this point in time - yet some people seem to be longing for the days when he splurged cash on the likes of Kingston.

It is frustrating as now is the time to challenge on paper instead of 7 years ago. But that's like saying you should have bought a house when prices were lower - it's all hindsight.

Since Romanov took over there has been the biggest global financial meltdown in history. Scotland's biggest club has gone bust. We should be very thankful we have had Romanov during these times as I have no doubt that we would have gone bust during the financial crash without the support of UBIG. And playing at Murrayfield with none of the emotional attachment for the fans you get from Tynecastle would have been a slow, lingering death.

Considering i have a season ticket and have done for 23 years i actually do not think i hate hearts its the complete opposite. I have never said anything wrong about hearts.

Good view in row 37 is it?

You are all over these threads! I cannot recall you posting much in good times, but hey, that may be my memory. ;)

Join his gang and you will be ok. :rolleyes:

I HAVE A GANG?!?!? Why wasn't I informed? Who are the members?

We weren't at the conclave, we mustn't be on the network, but rumble anyway. :(

Everybody say kickback :wub:

members_of_the_mawi_bike_gang_of_switzerland_prepa_4f549e603b.JPG

Not one. NOT ONE person got The Warriors reference, then.

Philistines :(

Whilst I have been been fairly happy with Vlad - he wants to go and we need to find new owners over the next year or two.

I hope the ones shouting for Vlad to go will fully support and back any prospective new owners should they appear on the horizon.

Everything about HMFC at the moment is like Groundhog Day.

From players not getting wages to bams on KB.

I would like to see the club moving forward at some point which will probably only happen when Romanov walks out of town.

But then i'd also like a diddy ride off Tina from Corrie.

We'll see what happens first.

Whilst I have been been fairly happy with Vlad - he wants to go and we need to find new owners over the next year or two.

I hope the ones shouting for Vlad to go will fully support and back any prospective new owners should they appear on the horizon.

I am sure if someone else appears, they will find another reason not to go to games.

I was happy enough with him until towards the end of last season when it became increasingly obvious that he has completely lost patience with Scottish Football and Scotland in general. His bank is closing here and I get the impression that once that goes completely and the property he owns here is sold, he'll take the first reasonable offer he's made for the club. Who can actually blame him after what he's seen here - a wholly corrupt football adminstration, a media steeped in covering up the corruption that exists and in many cases art and part of it all. I know that some of his problemss have been of his own making - however I don't see any prospective new owner of the club having the same problems generally that Romanov has had.

I was happy enough with him until towards the end of last season when it became increasingly obvious that he has completely lost patience with Scottish Football and Scotland in general. His bank is closing here and I get the impression that once that goes completely and the property he owns here is sold, he'll take the first reasonable offer he's made for the club. Who can actually blame him after what he's seen here - a wholly corrupt football adminstration, a media steeped in covering up the corruption that exists and in many cases art and part of it all. I know that some of his problemss have been of his own making - however I don't see any prospective new owner of the club having the same problems generally that Romanov has had.

I would suggest that VR will have about 60m reasons to rue his involvement with Hearts by the time he finishes up ... to add to the other millions of reasons from his 'investments' in Edinburgh. :D

I would suggest that VR will have about 60m reasons to rue his involvement with Hearts by the time he finishes up ... to add to the other millions of reasons from his 'investments' in Edinburgh. :D

Little doubt about that!! :D

A owner with more appetite for the club would be nice rather than one who's stuck with us.

As it is I reckon Vlad will be here for at least the next 5 years. Nobody is in a rush to lose millions in our pub league or use us as a business launchpad in a failing UK.

We could be in much worse hands IMO.

A owner with more appetite for the club would be nice rather than one who's stuck with us.

As it is I reckon Vlad will be here for at least the next 5 years. Nobody is in a rush to lose millions in our pub league or use us as a business launchpad in a failing UK.

We could be in much worse hands IMO.

He won't be around for nearly that long. Unless a change happens pitchside apathy from the fans due to poor performances will see attendances drop and fewer ST sales year on year. No buyer in the next year and I would think he will start looking at other options to offload.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He won't be around for nearly that long. Unless a change happens pitchside apathy from the fans due to poor performances will see attendances drop and fewer ST sales year on year. No buyer in the next year and I would think he will start looking at other options to offload.

You don't know that, all you can do is speculate like the rest of us. Serious lack of 'imo' in that post.

Nelly Terraces

I'd say there is a feeling that the club is just drifting along at the moment, and apathy is getting a hold, this isn't necessarily an anti Romanov statement, but I feel that we really could do with someone else in charge, thing is, that's highly doubtful to come about in the short to medium term. I kinda fear for us just now as the squad of players to me looks really poor, the manager's the same and there's very little direction, or enthusiasm, from the boardroom. Lets just hope things can change somehow, but I think there could be some lean years ahead.

" We badly need a new owner" an understatement meanhwhile Vlad Romanov whistles away the time till he can get rid of our Hearts

for his new interests.

However I thought he was a businezz-man, yes, even if a Russian one? What does it benefit him to run his asset down, to

let it drift towards the bottom of the league, if he wants decent money from the next buyers( whoever they may be)?

it is poor business practice. I feel he gets stuffy, gets huffy for long spells especially as he is not getting to do what he wanted with Gorgie.

Bad character trait.

I believe he is a 'banker' by luck of the times, yes? So this is why he is messing around with Hearts now.

Lost interest, our hard luck.

Perhaps Les Deans has the answer.

You don't know that, all you can do is speculate like the rest of us. Serious lack of 'imo' in that post.

Unless I'm Mystic Meg, every post is in my opinion. I thought would have been obvious?

Two scottish cups , 2nd in the league , a shot at champions league football , some outstanding players and he has taken over our debt and is trying to make us self sufficient.

VLADAMIR ROMANOV.......VLADAMIR ROMANOV :whistling:

Thank you mr romanov

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Unless I'm Mystic Meg, every post is in my opinion. I thought would have been obvious?

It's more the preachy manner you used when laying it down in that post, like you are telling it like it is... When in actual fact you have no more of a Scooby as to what the situation is than anyone else.

You could be spot on for all I know, bang on the cash perhaps... But it would just be your opinion based upon your underlying distrust of Romanov and not the stone wall proclamation that you you are making it appear to be.

All I am trying to say, is maybe you are letting your cynicism cloud your objectiveness on this issue? You seem so dead certain about something which none of us really know... The enigmatic workings of our owner's mimd.

It's more the preachy manner you used when laying it down in that post, like you are telling it like it is... When in actual fact you have no more of a Scooby as to what the situation is than anyone else.

You could be spot on for all I know, bang on the cash perhaps... But it would just be your opinion based upon your underlying distrust of Romanov and not the stone wall proclamation that you you are making it appear to be.

All I am trying to say, is maybe you are letting your cynicism cloud your objectiveness on this issue? You seem so dead certain about something which none of us really know... The enigmatic workings of our owner's mimd.

What's to know? He's pushing 70. His bank is pulling out of the country. The club makes a loss year on year. The club has saleable assets, that could realise a better value over selling the club as a whole. He has no real ties to this country, to the club, to the fans...he is rarely here afterall. If nobody is willing to buy the club, but buyers are willing to buy the parts? It's a done deal in my opinion. He didn't make his money from playing nice.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Dear pot, love kettle!

There is a possible rationale that Das Root mentioned the other day which is plausible, viz degrade the team to such an extent that the emotional pull of the team flushes out buyers.

Archived