We badly need a new owner!

Hibee Hater

how about the pieman making a comeback,only asking because i thought i saw him today driving along stenhouse drive,if he has a big silver car it was him.

It really would be a splendid idea if you'd stop posting whilst under the ludicrously mind bending medication that you're prescribed to, Quincy.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quincy adams wagstaff

It really would be a splendid idea if you'd stop posting whilst under the ludicrously mind bending medication that you're prescribed to, Quincy.

i only asked

Given the wages issue today, I suspect that either the current owner or a prospective new owner would have to fund several million pounds of working capital to get the club through to season ticket sales.

Enterprise value of the club perhaps ?6-8m based on the value of Tynecastle? So debt writedowns to that price would have to be carried out by UBIG and the purchase funded.

And then the working capital requirement to be added and funded.

Looks rather unlikely. :lol: Look who Rangers ended up with - despite them selling a vastly better stadium/training ground and an enormous fan base.

Given the wages issue today, I suspect that either the current owner or a prospective new owner would have to fund several million pounds of working capital to get the club through to season ticket sales.

Enterprise value of the club perhaps ?6-8m based on the value of Tynecastle? So debt writedowns to that price would have to be carried out by UBIG and the purchase funded.

Looks rather unlikely. :lol: Look who Rangers ended up with - despite them selling a vastly better stadium/training ground and an enormous fan base.

Given your knowledge and background Coco, what do you think is the likely outcome for the club?

Geoff Kilpatrick

:laugh:

Maybe the diehard Jambo OP :rolleyes: should join those guys on that vigil outside the Main Stand from years ago.

I think the time has come for a new owner of the club. I can't see it happening any time soon though.

Until the time comes I'll be safe in the knowledge we have man in charge who has historically put so much into the club and will have the clubs best interests at heart whilst in charge of us.

Cheers again Vladimir you sexy smart but sometimes crazy assed son of a bitch.

Given your knowledge and background Coco, what do you think is the likely outcome for the club?

I think that they are going to try to keep on muddling through for now and funding ongoing operations by selling players as there's no other available strategy - and eventually to try to sell the ground to recoup some of the UBIG losses on Hearts.

You never know, there could be another dafty willing to burn their money on the club but it would seem unlikely. There's certainly no investment appeal for anyone - and nothing to accumulate post speculation given Celtic's dominance in the short term and the eventual return of Rangers.

I'm fully behind an effort to run the club in a sustainable manner. Not going to be very pleasant to watch but it is the best chance for the club to survive I think.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the time has come for a new owner of the club. I can't see it happening any time soon though.

Until the time comes I'll be safe in the knowledge we have man in charge who has historically put so much into the club and will have the clubs best interests at heart whilst in charge of us.

Cheers again Vladimir you sexy smart but sometimes crazy assed son of a bitch.

This

I think that they are going to try to keep on muddling through for now and funding ongoing operations by selling players as there's no other available strategy - and eventually to try to sell the ground to recoup some of the UBIG losses on Hearts.

You never know, there could be another dafty willing to burn their money on the club but it would seem unlikely. There's certainly no investment appeal for anyone - and nothing to accumulate post speculation given Celtic's dominance in the short term and the eventual return of Rangers.

I'm fully behind an effort to run the club in a sustainable manner. Not going to be very pleasant to watch but it is the best chance for the club to survive I think.

The problem is that unless there remains a sensible player recruitment strategy, there will be no players left to sell. Of the current squad for example, Ryan McGowan apart (and he is out of contract at the end of the season) who if any would the club attract a transfer fee for? If young players don't have experienced pros to learn from, then they are unlikely to develop into saleable assets.

For me there is no trade out solution with UBIG's debt still in place. If the spending on the first team continues to be drastically cut then the clubs income, be it from commercial partners, prize money and match day attendance, will also drastically decline, perhaps even to below the level of the infrastructure costs.

It's not going to be pleasant, but I think liquidation and re-formation (a la Rangers) is becoming increasingly likely. Whether or not the fans would be able to form a consortium to outbid a property developer and retain Tynecastle in that scenario is up for debate.

What on earth does enterprise value mean ? Take it you are quoting from a text book, or just been on a training course !

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The problem is that unless there remains a sensible player recruitment strategy, there will be no players left to sell. Of the current squad for example, Ryan McGowan apart (and he is out of contract at the end of the season) who if any would the club attract a transfer fee for? If young players don't have experienced pros to learn from, then they are unlikely to develop into saleable assets.

For me there is no trade out solution with UBIG's debt still in place. If the spending on the first team continues to be drastically cut then the clubs income, be it from commercial partners, prize money and match day attendance, will also drastically decline, perhaps even to below the level of the infrastructure costs.

not going to be pleasant, but I think liquidation and re-formation (a la Rangers) is becoming increasingly likely. Whether or not the fans would be able to form a consortium to outbid a property developer and retain Tynecastle in that scenario is up for debate.

I don't think there is a debate there at all... There is no way the fans could outbid a property developer, are you even being serious?

What criteria would this new owner need to meet in order to find approval?

But there was other interested parties back when Mr Romanov took control, honest.

Of course, we're still waiting on the consortium of Edinburgh and London-based businessmen to make their move... :rolleyes:

I don't think there is a debate there at all... There is no way the fans could outbid a property developer, are you even being serious?

Aye, there would be a queue of developers lining up to bid. I take it you are not based in the UK.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Aye, there would be a queue of developers lining up to bid. I take it you are not based in the UK.

I take it you're not based in this solar system?

The ground has a value as a building site, nowhere near the ?24m of the Pie Rat's proposal, but still several million quid more than fans are likely to be able to raise.

scott herbertson

See folk with blatantly obvious anti Hibs user names, alarm bells instantly ring.

This ones no different.

Or names which could be read two ways..

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The ground has a value as a building site, nowhere near the ?24m of the Pie Rat's proposal, but still several million quid more than fans are likely to be able to raise.

Exactly... Some folk are either utterly crackers or just trying to take the piss IMO.. :unsure:

Exactly... Some folk are either utterly crackers or just trying to take the piss IMO.. :unsure:

So what is your solution Mothy?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So what is your solution Mothy?

Certainly not liquidation, loss of history, loss of ground etc.

There is no way the fans could buy the ground, not a chance in hell.

This is all just getting discussed because of the late wages, yeah? I'll stick with the chap writing off millions each year, rather than that plan, cheers Martin... I'll keep buying season tickets and merchandise and let the current owners take care of the sums that the supporters have no chance of doing anything about.

This is all just getting discussed because of the late wages, yeah? I'll stick with the chap writing off millions each year, rather than that plan, cheers Martin... I'll keep buying season tickets and merchandise and let the current owners take care of the sums that the supporters have no chance of doing anything about.

Just answer my question Gideon Osbourne.How much ?

scott herbertson

most sensible post on this thread so far.

Not one person has mentioned the debt write offs that Romanov has carried out over the last two years. Without those I can't see how we would have kept Tynecastle. Who fancies a ground share at Almondvale for the next twenty years? Because that's what Hearts minus Romanov would seem to equate to to me.

Liquidation is not a choice. But it is still a possible outcome due to the current financial position of the club.

The writing off of debt is of course welcomed, especially if it continues, however the same chap doing that has also pulled the funding from the club after commiting it to expenditure it seemingly can no longer afford. As ever with VR, it is a double edged sword.

Two point five squillion ingots. Not a penny more, not a penny less. :smug:

No, that's what Vlad paid for the St Andrews Sq building. Thank the lord we have financial whizz kids on here.

Riddle me this sport; how much do you think Tynecastle is worth ?

As a development site, dependant on planning, I'd guesstimate Tynecastle to be worth about ?5m - ?8m.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No, that's what Vlad paid for the St Andrews Sq building. Thank the lord we have financial whizz kids on here.

Romanov never paid ingots for St Andrew Sq, he paid in ching.

Allowayjambo1874

Liquidation is not a choice. But it is still a possible outcome due to the current financial position of the club.

The writing off of debt is of course welcomed, especially if it continues, however the same chap doing that has also pulled the funding from the club after commiting it to expenditure it seemingly can no longer afford. As ever with VR, it is a double edged sword.

Far too sensible a post Martin.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

most sensible post on this thread so far.

Not one person has mentioned the debt write offs that Romanov has carried out over the last two years. Without those I can't see how we would have kept Tynecastle. Who fancies a ground share at Almondvale for the next twenty years? Because that's what Hearts minus Romanov would seem to equate to to me.

I just can't understand how anyone can even question what he is doing for the club, Scott. Even describing it as a double edged sword is incredibly obtuse IMO. The guy is so massively in credit at this point, I can't even believe some people would consider wanting rid.

It's like... "Aye, he might have paid tens of millions to reduce our debt and keep is alive and won us two Scottish Cups... But he sacked Burley and paid wages late, so he's got a lot of making up to do, eh?"

Jesus wept.

Fozzyonthefence

Looks rather unlikely. :lol:Look who Rangers ended up with - despite them selling a vastly better stadium/training ground and an enormous fan base.

And look how much Murray sold them for - ?1!

I fail to see how we would be better off under a new owner. Nobody is going to swing in and suddenly gift the club millions out of their own pocket. The club would still have to live within it's means, leaving us in much the same situation as we are in now. A new owner would still have the debt to deal with and need to do all they could to reduce that debt, much the same as Romanov is doing now.

scott herbertson

Far too sensible a post Martin.

But if Romanov had carried on with the current level of expenditure our debt would have continued to spiral. It doesn't make sense to applaud his paying off the debt and simultaneously take the huff about him reducing expenditure - they are part of the same strategy.

I sympathise with the view that it is being clumsily done and like most of us here I would love that cup final team to have strode onto the pitch plus a couple of close season signings and competed with Celtic for the title. But even if we filled Tynie every week we wouldn't be paying off that debt at the old level of expenditure so the cuts are a necessary evil.

Fozzyonthefence

I just can't understand how anyone can even question what he is doing for the club, Scott. Even describing it as a double edged sword is incredibly obtuse IMO. The guy is so massively in credit at this point, I can't even believe some people would consider wanting rid.

It's like... "Aye, he might have paid tens of millions to reduce our debt and keep is alive and won us two Scottish Cups... But he sacked Burley and paid wages late, so he's got a lot of making up to do, eh?"

Jesus wept.

If he wasn't so incompetent and totally fecked us as a club (even more so than Pieman) he wouldn't have to. How many times were the wages late under Pieman out of interest? We're a total shambles.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If he wasn't so incompetent and totally fecked us as a club (even more so than Pieman) he wouldn't have to. How many times were the wages late under Pieman out of interest? We're a total shambles.

Dunno how many times. I do know however that Ronanov has never tried to sell Tynecastle to Calla homes in order to cover his poor financial acumen with **** ups like the SMG deal. I also know that Pieman ran up plenty debt and never owned or forgave any of that debt.

One owner tried to sell the Stadium to get out, a deal that would have seen us still in debt and renting a massively over sized rugby stadium. The other ow.er is trying to reduce the debt year on year while still allowing us a budget that has won trophies as long ago as four months back.

Please do not even try and compare Pieman and Romanov, late wages are nothing compared to what that prick had planned.

The wages weren't "late" under The Pieman's stewardship but the whole club would have been brown bread if he had carried on.

Dunno how many times. I do know however that Ronanov has never tried to sell Tynecastle to Calla homes in order to cover his poor financial acumen with **** ups like the SMG deal. I also know that Pieman ran up plenty debt and never owned or forgave any of that debt.

One owner tried to sell the Stadium to get out, a deal that would have seen us still in debt and renting a massively over sized rugby stadium. The other ow.er is trying to reduce the debt year on year while still allowing us a budget that has won trophies as long ago as four months back.

Please do not even try and compare Pieman and Romanov, late wages are nothing compared to what that prick had planned.

This..! :bravo:

Billy the Jambo

Dony really know why people are saying im a nibs fan tbh anytime i put up a valid point thats what everyone replys with.

If you do not like romanov you are automtically branded a hobo .i should ******* know

Fozzyonthefence

Trying to reduce the debt he created through sheer mismanagement. The debt is still higher than what is was under Pieman but at least then if Tynecastle had been sold it would have wiped out that debt - that can't be done now due to economic factors but I don't doubt that if Romanov could get ?20+ million for Tynecastle now he'd sell pdq & get the feck out of it all. Yes, we 've won 2 trophies under Romanov but at what cost? We also won a trophy when Pieman was in charge - both have badly mismanaged this club and have a lot to answer for.

That's the beauty of hearts, we are owned by the man we are in debt to, the fact tynie can't cover the cost of the debt he created is a blessing. He knows he has to either sell for the 50 million he wants or keep us going so not to lose out on 45 million of his own money, no one would buy his shares but not pay the debt, imagine being in debt to vlad.

It's not going to be pleasant, but I think liquidation and re-formation (a la Rangers) is becoming increasingly likely. Whether or not the fans would be able to form a consortium to outbid a property developer and retain Tynecastle in that scenario is up for debate.

Liquidation has always been the most likely end to all this, Martin. I think it has ever since September 6, 1999: the day the SMG deal was agreed. 13 years later, we're still here - but I cannot believe we'll still be here in another 13 years as presently constituted unless VR either writes off all the debt, sells the stadium, or separates the ground from the club and leases it back to some as yet unidentified new owner.

The first option depends both on the kindness of Vlad's heart, and literally, whether he and UBIG can afford to do it; but there's scarcely a football club owner anywhere who'd show such magnanimity. The second, I agree with Coco, is something the club are likely to attempt, and making preparations for already - but where would we go afterwards? And the third, which I think is fairly likely in the end, would constitute some form of realistic compromise, enabling UBIG to get at least something back on everything they've put in.

Many of us on here are pragmatists. We know how unsustainable the fundamentals underpinning the club are: they have been for about 40 years actually, but the situation was terminal when VR bailed us out, and remains terminal now. He's kept us on life support ever since - but do folk think he's just going to go on forever? He's already 65 as it is; I can't believe he'll stick around for more than another five years, tops.

At some point, the financial situation at Rangers, which developed over a period of over a decade, was going to come back and get them. I still think it's highly likely to come back and get us too, unless one of the three options I've outlined is taken. In the meantime, there isn't a lot anyone can do other than enjoy it: enjoy that the club's still here, still at Tynecastle, still winning trophies. Armageddon was never cancelled though; it's just been postponed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Trying to reduce the debt he created through sheer mismanagement. The debt is still higher than what is was under Pieman but at least then if Tynecastle had been sold it would have wiped out that debt - that can't be done now due to economic factors but I don't doubt that if Romanov could get ?20+ million for Tynecastle now he'd sell pdq & get the feck out of it all. Yes, we 've won 2 trophies under Romanov but at what cost? We also won a trophy when Pieman was in charge - both have badly mismanaged this club and have a lot to answer for.

What exactly are we trying to have both ways here?

Vlad has pissed money up against the wall? Undoubtedly. Whose money has he pissed away? His own.

Vlad no longer pisses money away? But that's now an issue?

We're in a post cup final hangover and it'll take a couple of years to fix to reduce the wage bill. I don't want that to happen but it is going to happen.

ToadKiller Dog

Yesterday was one of those kickback classic days of the Romanov era , wage issues , Martin T thinking about liquidation .

While excitement grows over a possible Rudi Return and Forsell a rumour .

Panic in all directions .

Good old Vlad keeps everybody guessing as the club continues to fly by the seat of its pants .

Allowayjambo1874

it's all too baffling with vr and there is no transparency with anything. One minute he debt forgives millions which is superb the next we're not paying wages on time and we publish accounts which show horrific wages being paid.

There is no strategy or logic in many decisions if we are truly cutting back why bring in Janny and combe? We've made huge amounts on transfer fees, Gordon, bednar, berra, Wallace, rudi equate to something like 16m yet all through that the debt rises?

Big wages gambling on champions league income then pyramid system to try and sell on players using hearts as the top club to sell on and now youth is the key meanwhile managers come and go with payoffs left right and centre.

Development of Tynie is not even thought off anymore.

Is there any other owner of a football club who show less interest in their club? Seriously? Does anyone really know who runs the show on a day to day basis anymore?

To be late paying wages this early in the season after selling a prize player, taking money in for season tickets and making a shed load of cash from the Liverpool game is negligent to put it politely.

I get he's the only show in town and that we cannot survive without him but by the same token have we all just to accept what's going on without daring to ask what on earth is going on?

Ken what I like? I like a thread where folk that don't commit a penny to assisting our club's survival moan about our ownership.

It's always the same posters on this and wages threads. Martin_T admits he won't commit monies to our club yet he is always there with his outrage on negative and financial threads.

Oh, and are folk really only just getting that Hibee Hater actually hates Hearts? Some folk are late developers, mind.

Ken what I like? I like a thread where folk that don't commit a penny to assisting our club's survival moan about our ownership.

It's always the same posters on this and wages threads. Martin_T admits he won't commit monies to our club yet he is always there with his outrage on negative and financial threads.

Oh, and are folk really only just getting that Hibee Hater actually hates Hearts? Some folk are late developers, mind.

Yup I've never ever committed any money to Hearts, it's all my fault.

Yesterday was one of those kickback classic days of the Romanov era , wage issues , Martin T thinking about liquidation .

While excitement grows over a possible Rudi Return and Forsell a rumour .

Panic in all directions .

Good old Vlad keeps everybody guessing as the club continues to fly by the seat of its pants .

If folk want to blame me, then go ahead. It wont stop me contributing to these threads.

Francis Albert

And look how much Murray sold them for - ?1!

... plus the buyer takiing on 100million quid, more or less, of debt.

If someone was prepared to take on Hearts debt to UBIG I suspect not much more than a quid might buy that someone Hearts.

Maybe the "consortia of Edinburgh business men and London money men" are still working up their proposal.

Archived