We badly need a new owner!

Hibee Hater

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Romanov has gave us some good memories but he is currently running us into the ground.

Let's hope for a better owner, not just a new owner, as things could be a whole lot worse...

Romanov has gave us some good memories but he is currently running us into the ground.

I agree but i think we are stuck with him...he is bored with us now

Do you see every football club owner showing their face and making public statements week in week out?! No you do not.

Romanov last made a statement at the time of the Liverpool tie, less than a month ago. Sometimes i think people would rather he just packed his backs and left us a lot worse off than we are now.

When will people realise, no one else wanted us then and no one else wants us now.

Sigh.

Mr Romanov is not currently running our club to the ground. He is currently making up for his own mistakes / ambitions of the past and trying to actually save us.

Here we go again, players not paid on time. The appointment of a sub standard manager who has proved to be tactically inept. Forget the Liverpool game, they have had the worst start in Centuries. Paulo off loaded Sutton for a good reason, and cheapskate Hearts bring him back. VR dig deep, get the striker roll sorted and lets get back to challenging.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You don't need a new owner, your current owners (HMFC) are doing a splendid job of ownership. You do need a new board though, Petwee is running Hibs in to the ground.

You would struggle to find another owner anywhere in the world that is willing to keep a club afloat with a debt of our size. Yes he isnt pumping money in anymore but it would be very simple for him to sell tynecastle, pack us in and bugger off into the distance.

See folk with blatantly obvious anti Hibs user names, alarm bells instantly ring.

This ones no different.

reeking. absolutely reeking. how this boy has lasted this long is beyond me.

See folk with blatantly obvious anti Hibs user names, alarm bells instantly ring.

This ones no different.

These.

Until I read this, I wasn't convinced, but now I can't believe I've been so blind.

This ones no different.

Obviously it isthumbsup.gif

Romanov is not fit enough to run OUR club anymore.

Obviously it isthumbsup.gif

Romanov is not fit enough to run OUR club anymore.

Woah, you put our in BLOCK CAPITALS. That's me convinced.

They ought to look at their own finances first.

I know this but i reckon they will still try and send us a little fine.

I know this but i reckon they will still try and send us a little fine.

In the past they've taken the fines off us, so that would be a welcome change... :rolleyes:

Sigh.

Mr Romanov is not currently running our club to the ground. He is currently making up for his own mistakes / ambitions of the past and trying to actually save us.

Unfortunately I see it a little differently.

Mr Romanov has pulled the plug, he is no longer interested in making any further financial contributions to the club (which in the past have been substantial). His only recent involvement has been to attend the game at Anfield, which I believe he saw as a bit of a jolly. I would be surprised if he has much input at all to the every-day running of the club. It's been left to Fedotovas to deal with the clubs finances now.

If I'm right then he's left us in a bit of a pickle with his previous policy of high wages still hamstringing the club. I also believe that the policy of paying players through Kaunas has left us with an unexpected tax-bill that is causing the current predicament. We can expect no further financial help from Vlad in the coming months.

It's also worrying that his has happened at a time when the club shouldn't be suffering from cash-flow problems. With season-ticket sales, transfer monies, European monies, sponsorship and commercial sales as well as last seasons prize money all coming into the club recently you have to ask where has all this money gone? Is Vlad calling in the debt? Is the tax bill now clear?

For this to happen so early in the season is a major concern.

Sigh.

Could be true, though I suspect more a case of he has another toy that's more fun to play with. He has the resources to not just "save us" but also fund the club to challenge, now being the absolutely correct time to do so if he actually had any ambitions. The fans pay over hard earned cash each season, we expect the club to continue to evolve to better itself and build on cup successes and league campaigns, not just hope to break even after years of excess and waste.

If this is not an option, then I would be more than happy if this whole painful process is leading to a change at the top and for someone with the same ambitions Romanov may have had at some point, but with more business acumen to actually get the job done, to take over and lead the club forward. If newhun are definitely cast away for the next 3 seasons, any club owner not seeing now as a time to challenge for 2nd if not for 1st, shouldn't own their club in the first place.

Romanov isn't the man for this job, he's too old and his head is in a different game. The club needs sold or we risk being left behind as Scottish Football hopefully reinvents itself over the coming years. And if left behind, Romanov risks his legacy being of a man who had so much promise, but delivered very little given the resources he had available.

Could be true, though I suspect more a case of he has another toy that's more fun to play with. He has the resources to not just "save us" but also fund the club to challenge, now being the absolutely correct time to do so if he actually had any ambitions. The fans pay over hard earned cash each season, we expect the club to continue to evolve to better itself and build on cup successes and league campaigns, not just hope to break even after years of excess and waste.

If this is not an option, then I would be more than happy if this whole painful process is leading to a change at the top and for someone with the same ambitions Romanov may have had at some point, but with more business acumen to actually get the job done, to take over and lead the club forward. If newhun are definitely cast away for the next 3 seasons, any club owner not seeing now as a time to challenge for 2nd if not for 1st, shouldn't own their club in the first place.

Romanov isn't the man for this job, he's too old and his head is in a different game. The club needs sold or we risk being left behind as Scottish Football hopefully reinvents itself over the coming years. And if left behind, Romanov risks his legacy being of a man who had so much promise, but delivered very little given the resources he had available.

Exactly this

Rod Petrie not good enough for you ?

Hmmm.

Bring back STF eh

?

Hibs are financially in a better position than us. They can kick on for the next few seasons unlike us unless we find a cash supply from somewhere.

Hibs are financially in a better position than us. They can kick on for the next few seasons unlike us unless we find a cash supply from somewhere.

A fitting epitaph

They are however shite and couldn't buy a win at Hampden, so in fairness I would take our situation over that. You should note, Romanov will not let us die, it's not worth it for him. He could however break the club up and sell off the assets as a very last resort, but the debt the club carries is useful for UBIG as a whole and he is not desparate for cash it would appear...just not interested in using any of his cash unless he absolutely without any other choice has to.

When will people realise, no one else wanted us then and no one else wants us now.

And when will you realise that there were others very interested but didn't get a chance because of people encouraging others to chase "the rich Russians money" ala Abramovic stylee.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is he gone yet? :D

The only good thing about these sort of threads is the way they smoke out the vermin. Surely a cull on the back of this one. :)

Archived