Barca v Man Utd

Walter Bishop

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very poor game. :sad:

Either of these two will suffer heartbreak against Chelsea FC in the final.

Teams

Van Der Sar, Hargreaves, Brown, Ferdinand, Evra, ROnaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Rooney, Tevez

Valdes, Zambrotta, Milito, Marquez, Abidal, Toure, Xavi, Deco, Messi, Eto'o, Iniesta

Vidic out with a stomach illness, so Hargreaves at rb

Henry on bench, so Iniesta playing left wing for Barca

From those two teams only Ronaldo and maybe Rooney are good enough for Barca.

should have been another penalty.

Ronaldo went down far too easily

He could have easily stayed up and scored, but he went down under minimal contact

Ronaldo went down far too easily

He could have easily stayed up and scored, but he went down under minimal contact

I think you might be right actually.

The Insomnia Clinic should offer DVDs of this game as a cure. Absolute pesh.

Goodnight and God bless.

chester copperpot
The Insomnia Clinic should offer DVDs of this game as a cure. Absolute pesh.

Goodnight and God bless.

You sir are a grade A wind up merchant.

I love it though, the amount of fish you catch with your hooks.

Cech is the best keeper, Carvalho the best defender, Essien the best midfielder and Drogba the best forward in Europe and most probably the world.

chester copperpot
Cech is the best keeper, Carvalho the best defender, Essien the best midfielder and Drogba the best forward in Europe and most probably the world.

Superb mate, can I have a quarter ounce of what you're smoking please.

This is the best, I'd go as far to say that Carvalho, Essien and Drogba aren't even the best at their position in the Chelsea team. ;)

Looks like Graham Hunter was right on Revista with the Barca team selection. The last time Rijkaard brought Deco in the like that was against Real and it backfired.

Anyone else that just can't wait for the game to start. I have said earlier that all these massively hyped up games usually end up crap but I just can't see this being a bad game (Touch wood).

I should just keep my mouth shut.

Been a poor game. A lot of sloppy play. Tevez just doesn't seem interested. There has been a few times where the ball has came to him or in his vicinity and he has been to slow to react.

And then Barca just can't get in behind Man Utd. Mainly down to United's defence being completely solid (Except for a few Van de Saar clearances)

Iniesta has been anonymous out on the wing as has Rooney. I would possibly bring Nani on for Tevez and move Rooney inside as Barca's defence is there for the taking. And if I was Rijkaard I would bring Bojan or Henry on for Deco or Iniesta.

jambo walesy
From those two teams only Ronaldo and maybe Rooney are good enough for Barca.

You've got to be kidding!

Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney and possibly Tevez would walk into that team imo.

rudi must stay

Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney and possibly Tevez would walk into that team imo.

only those two would imo. Mainly because Barca only really care about playing attacking football, exactly the same as Real Madrid

Walter Bishop

:dunce::dunce::dunce::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

The four players mentioned are not :evilno: even the best in the chelsea team in their positions!!!!!!

Are you tallking about Barca and Man.United?! Because I watch fantastic game with fantastic players. Teams with fantastic tactical ideas...and ect. Finaly I'm not sure that Chelsea will going to final...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Krkic is on.S**t! He was brilliant at Murrayfield!

United will pay for not scoring an away goal at this rate of going.

Van der Sar is better than Valdes.

By miles. Valdes is nowhere near good enough for a team like Barca.

Van Der Sar - arguable

Ferdinand - not a full strength Barca defence

Evra - most definitely

Carrick - the reserves

Scholes - not their type of player

Ronaldo - he'd play but I don't know who'd drop out

Rooney - he's Barcelona class but they'd have to change their style to fit him in

Tevez - he's still young, maybe in a couple of years

Ibrahim Tall
:dunce::dunce::dunce::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

The four players mentioned are not :evilno: even the best in the chelsea team in their positions!!!!!!

Cech isn't the best goalkeeper at Chelsea?

Walter Bishop

The worst homer of a referee i have seen for years, this guy is got to be on the Barcelona Payroll!!!!

kennygarland1
The worst homer of a referee i have seen for years, this guy is got to be on the Barcelona Payroll!!!!

Howd you come to that conclusion?

That'll explain him giving Man U a penalty in the first minute then.

Strange performance from Man Utd.

Defensively they've been solid apart from Van der Saar's kicking. Their passing has been as poor as I've ever seen it.

Ronaldo and Rooney have done nothing and I can't understand why they played Rooney out wide and Ronaldo in the middle when it's the other way round every other week.

kennygarland1
Strange performance from Man Utd.

Defensively they've been solid apart from Van der Saar's kicking. Their passing has been as poor as I've ever seen it.

Ronaldo and Rooney have done nothing and I can't understand why they played Rooney out wide and Ronaldo in the middle when it's the other way round every other week.

They must be delighted with the draw though,given Barca have dominated.

JamboRossi79

Lol at that, what absolute nonsense.

It was men Vs boys tonight.

Tonight you just witnessed the so called best in England being outplayed, outpassed and outclassed by not even the best team in Spain. Best league in the world shown up again.

jambo walesy

Tonight you just witnessed the so called best in England being outplayed, outpassed and outclassed by not even the best team in Spain. Best league in the world shown up again.

Man United went and played for a draw, they were not outclassed at all.

They let Barca pass the ball about in the midfield, they knew that they could handle them coming forward.

United are a far better team than Barcelona at the moment and the match at Old Trafford will prove this.

From that Barca team imo only:

Zambrotta

Marquez

Messi

Xavi

Would defiantely start for United.

The others would be good squad players.

Eto is a great player i just think Rooney offers more.

portobellojambo1

Was a little bit disappointed by the game tonight, as I was with last nights, although accept that probably stems from the fact that there is so much to lose at this stage that all 4 teams seemed happy to cancel each other out.

Although Barcelona had most of the possession this evening they were totally ineffective, the Manchester United defence coped comfortably with everything when they came forward.

Lots of pretty little passing triangles from Barcelona in the middle of the park, but football games are not won by doing that, they are won by the team that scores most goals, and with the exception of Henry's shot Barcelona never looked like they were going to score.

Hopefully the return legs of both games will open up a little and we will see more exciting games.

Ray Winstone

Definitely let down by the standard of the games over the last two days.

Praying for 2 explosive games next week with plenty of goals!

Got to disagree with that. Yes outpassed but what did they do with all their possession. Diddly squat.

Man Utd came set up in a way that would stifle Barca's creativity and they done just that. United's defence was brillaint except for Brown's slip. If they were so outplayed then why did Barca not have a clear cut chance. They will show at Old Trafford who the men are.

3 out of the last 4 teams in the Champions League. English.

Best league in the world. Yes

And got to disagree with the poster who said about Barca's full strength defence being better than United's. Have you seen Puyol, Milito etc this season. Shambles.

The only one I would possibly have is Zambrotta instead of Brown.

Walter Bishop

Congratulations on being the first person on this thread to admit they dont have a clue about football!!! (well as good as)

That was a masterclass in defensive football, Utd let Barca pass the ball to death but they done nothing with it, they went for a no scoring draw and got that, imo Sir Alex will be over the moon.

this_is_my_story

Good call. Fair to say that Barca would've scored a fair few on another night, and in doing so would've killed the tie. Still fancy Barca to progress.

Congratulations on being the first person on this thread to admit they dont have a clue about football!!! (well as good as)

That was a masterclass in defensive football, Utd let Barca pass the ball to death but they done nothing with it, they went for a no scoring draw and got that, imo Sir Alex will be over the moon.

So a no scoring draw away from home is a good result in Europe? See Rangers v Sporting Lisbon.

Although not behind in the tie, because there is no cushion of an away goal Man Utd may, stress may, get jittery in the return especially as Barca are more than capable of scoring themselves.

It will certainly be interesting.

Barcelona were just that one telling pass away from killing the tie tonight. Reminded me of Arsenal trying to pass it into the net. Great result for Man U and also for the neutral as it should mean its a cracker next week.

Thank you sir

And Ronaldo again freezes and misses a penalty

But hes the best player in the world!

Is he ****, again doesnt perform v the big teams, Man U were lucky and all they wanted was a draw.

this_is_my_story

Utter pish. Man Utd couldn't get the ball off them, that's all. And when they did, they coudn't keep it for long - Barca had them well rattled in the first half.

Archived