Barca v Man Utd

Walter Bishop

jambo walesy
Utter pish. Man Utd couldn't get the ball off them, that's all. And when they did, they coudn't keep it for long - Barca had them well rattled in the first half.

Man United weren't bothered about getting the ball off them as they knew that they could quite easily deal with them in the final 3rd.

Barca play a lot of nice wee passes in the middle of the park but they have no cutting edge.

United will win at Old Trafford.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
Congratulations on being the first person on this thread to admit they dont have a clue about football!!! (well as good as)

That was a masterclass in defensive football, Utd let Barca pass the ball to death but they done nothing with it, they went for a no scoring draw and got that, imo Sir Alex will be over the moon.

Ronaldo ineffective in Europe again though mate eh?

Missed penalty, dived all over the place, not world class yet like a real winner like Stevie Gerrard yet (he's won the CL in case you've not realised).

Thank you sir

And Ronaldo again freezes and misses a penalty

But hes the best player in the world!

Is he ****, again doesnt perform v the big teams, Man U were lucky and all they wanted was a draw.

You don't have a clue.

Ronaldo got next to no service.

He missed a penalty.

Whoop de doo.

I knew somebody would be spouting this nonsense.

Missed penalty, dived all over the place, not world class yet like a real winner like Stevie Gerrard yet (he's won the CL in case you've not realised).

I like your posts!

Another 1 I agree with!

Ronaldo is the best domestically but in Europe hes done **** all.

I think Barce will be delighted with that result. Man Yoo haven't scored and away goal and Barce will be very confident of scoring at Old Trafford, leaving Man Yoo needing two or three.

Henry to score the goal that wins it for Barce any one?

jambo walesy
I like your posts!

Another 1 I agree with!

Header against Roma?

Set them up to go on and win the tie.

You don't have a clue.

Ronaldo got next to no service.

He missed a penalty.

Whoop de doo.

I knew somebody would be spouting this nonsense.

I dont have a clue?

Name me a BIG game hes been effective in?

Not the crap like Reading at home or Roma at home because they are not HUGE games.

Face it, whats he done in Europe?

Ever reached a European final?

God I actually think Fabregas has achived more than what Ronaldo has!

And hes scored V Juve in the Championsleague final, outplayed Vieira and reached a championsleague final.

Ronaldo? Outclassed and shat on by Milan and Kaka walked all over him.

Ronaldo was poor again on the big stage, he cant perform in big games in Europe an even the likes of Chelsea in the final of the FA Cup where he was honking.

Ronaldo is not the best player in the world.

Ryan Gosling
I like your posts!

Another 1 I agree with!

And yet he's the top scorer in the Champions League.

Header against Roma?

Set them up to go on and win the tie.

Haha!

Thats not a HUGE game, is that Milan away, Roma are not brilliant, thats not HUGE.

jambo walesy
Haha!

Thats not a HUGE game, is that Milan away, Roma are not brilliant, thats not HUGE.

Its the quarter finals of the Champions league FFS!

How would you define a big game then?

And yet he's the top scorer in the Champions League.

And that makes him the best player in the world? No chance.

Hes infront of Gerrard by 1 and hes achieved more than Ronaldo

Its the quarter finals of the Champions league FFS!

How would you define a big game then?

Try Milan away and Barce away.

Has not won anything in Europe and has not proved himself in huge games

Has Stevie G won a Premiership medal?

I think not.;)

And that makes him the best player in the world? No chance.

Hes infront of Gerrard by 1 and hes achieved more than Ronaldo

Considering Gerrard is a good few years older then I am not suprised.

Walter Bishop
I like your posts!

Another 1 I agree with!

You simply dont have a clue, Ronaldo was voted player of the tournament in Euro 2006, Good enough for me.

And you agree he is best domestically so where does that leave your Arseanal superstars?

He was out of position tonight and done a job that was asked of him, ok he missed a penalty but hey he is human, as for diving all over the place....he should have 1 more if not two penaltys.

The premiership is not the best league???? well 3 out of 4 teams(note: None of them were Arseanal)in Europes premier competition says it all imo.

You are a bitter,bitter person and you need to take the massive chip of your shoulder!!!

P.S. Do you not have an American pie sequel to be getting on with???

Walter Bishop
Haha!

That would be the same Roma that are way ahead of an ageing Milan side in serie A???

Remember ageing Milan side.

The Vulture
So a no scoring draw away from home is a good result in Europe? See Rangers v Sporting Lisbon.

Or Hearts vs Austria Vienna :)

Happy days, Oh Mikey Mikey...........................

That would be the same Roma that are way ahead of an ageing Milan side in serie A???

Wait a sec...

Ageing Milan side?

They DESTROYED Man U, how is that good if Milan were ageing?:confused:

Then Arsenal beat them this season with basically the same team.

Why is Ronaldo creamed about so much by people?

Hes quality domestically but his track record shows he doesnt perform V Huge sides on the big stage, Milan,Barca,Chelsea in the FA Cup etc etc

jambo walesy

Tbf Milan have been getting called an ageing side for about 4 years!

However no matter who or where you are playing the quarter finals of the Champions League are MASSIVE games!

Ryan Gosling

I see Kearney has ignored my valid point. Apparently being the top scorer in Europe means you've done nothing in Europe.

chester copperpot
Has Stevie G won a Premiership medal?

I think not.;)

No but he's captained his side to winning the ultimate club side trophy.

Next question. Ach we could go on here all night, I stated Ronaldo was a freezer which was very much tongue in cheek.

I think Ronaldo is just out of this world, and I also think Manure will win through next week.

I like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to other teams in the CL except Liverpool, I just think this messageboard has went way over top in their support of other teams.

The Vulture
Wait a sec...

Ageing Milan side?

Hes quality domestically but his track record shows he doesnt perform V Huge sides on the big stage, Milan,Barca,Chelsea in the FA Cup etc etc

Where are Arsenal in the league compared to ManU ? How have Arsenal done in games vs ManU this season ? 1 draw and 2 defeats, so I would say ManU are better than Arsenal your honour. H

Walter Bishop
Wait a sec...

Ageing Milan side?

Hes quality domestically but his track record shows he doesnt perform V Huge sides on the big stage, Milan,Barca,Chelsea in the FA Cup etc etc[/quote

Who knocked Arseanal out of the the Champions league? The team that are fourth currently in what you say is not the best league in Europe.

Arseanal played them 2yrs on from utd, with Kaka out of form. If Arseanal hadnt have won it would have been a shock!!!

Wait until the 2nd leg is finished before you come on here gloating because your team have won NOTHING again!!!

JamboRossi79
I see Kearney has ignored my valid point. Apparently being the top scorer in Europe means you've done nothing in Europe.

Inzaghi ;)

chester copperpot

Yet another thread where Hearts fans are abusing other hearts fans. I wish we had a ban on these kind of threads. People's obsessions for other teams is quite worrying for me, we should love hearts first, have an affection for an English team second.

I dunno what its like on other boards, but surely canny be as bad as this. I've tried being as objective as I can, without abusive, why cant you's lot do the same. :confused:

Ryan Gosling
Yet another thread where Hearts fans are abusing other hearts fans. I wish we had a ban on these kind of threads. People's obsessions for other teams is quite worrying for me, we should love hearts first, have an affection for an English team second.

I dunno what its like on other boards, but surely canny be as bad as this. I've tried being as objective as I can, without abusive, why cant you's lot do the same. :confused:

It's Jamie and Kearney who are the issue

having an English team is one thing but this board is beyond a joke!!

Funny how so many peoples English team just happens to be Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal......

chester copperpot
having an English team is one thing but this board is beyond a joke!!

Funny how so many peoples English team just happens to be Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal......

Hey, I like Liverpool, and I support them with all my heart come kick off, but the hatred towards other posters is not on.

Come on guys, lets get some perspective here. We all support hearts first, second team English.

Hey, I like Liverpool, and I support them with all my heart come kick off, but the hatred towards other posters is not on.

Come on guys, lets get some perspective here. We all support hearts first, second team English.

:food-smiley-004:

this_is_my_story
Man United weren't bothered about getting the ball off them as they knew that they could quite easily deal with them in the final 3rd.

Barca play a lot of nice wee passes in the middle of the park but they have no cutting edge.

United will win at Old Trafford.

I think you'll find that they were, as Utd know the obvious - if you have possesion of the ball, the opposition can't hurt you. Simplest rule of football. Bet you anything you like that one of the things Ferguson would stress the most to them was to make sure that when they got the ball off a side like Barca, keep it for as long as you can .

That wasn't the case for a lot of the first half, I'm starting to wonder if we're talking about the same game here.

Of course Man Utd could win the tie in the 2nd leg, but I reckon the lack of an away goal may come back to bite them. 1-1 at Od Trafford, you heard it here first;)

Dr Ian Malcolm

United didn't keep the ball nearly as well as they could have, and as fergie probably told them, they should have. Having said that, on the rare occassion they did get forward with Ronaldo running at Barca's centre-halfs they looked dangerous.

Barca are more than capable of scoring at Old Trafford but they'll also be facing a United team set out to attack, total opposite of tonight. If it comes down to it, I'd fancy United to be able to defend any lead they do get rather than Barca.

Craig-Section Z

Anyone who says Ronaldo isnt world class knows hee haw about football.

The guy is amazing and what he can do with a football, both moving and a dead ball is frightening. Take into accout his age and the prospect of what he can do in a few years and it is even more frightening.

So he missed a penalty tonight, big deal. Even the best players in the world miss them, am sure i dont have to list them...............

And to those who say he doesnt perform in the big games, didnt he perform agaisnt Arsenal a few weeks ago in a big game which in effect ended their title hopes??

Man u were set out tonight to not conceed and if they got a goal it was a bonus. Barca were set out to get a goal and win. Its a better result for Man U than it is for Barca. There isnt a better manager in the world than Fergie, have a look at his trophy cabinet!!

The Old Tolbooth

Well ferk me ragged!!!

I just woke up having fell asleep at around 9.15pm trying to watch what was supposed to be billed as the "match of the century!!"

Did I miss anything (hang on, I'll check teletext................................ nope, just as I suspected, I missed hee haw!)

Was the the most boring snore fest, the most drab game, the biggest cure for insomnia that I have ever witnessed??? DEFINATELY!!!!!

What a complete pile of pish ffs!!

The only highlight was Christiano Drogba Ronaldo fluffing manures customary penalty! (I didnt laugh much, honest :D)

Tell me, is there 2 players that cheat anywhere else in the world as much as Drogba and Ronaldo??? I very much doubt it!

Anyway, who needs a bed time story to send you to sleep with that utter pish on the box!! (And they say Liverpool and Chelsea are boring, pfffffttttttttttt!!!)

chester copperpot
Well ferk me ragged!!!

I just woke up having fell asleep at around 9.15pm trying to watch what was supposed to be billed as the "match of the century!!"

Did I miss anything (hang on, I'll check teletext................................ nope, just as I suspected, I missed hee haw!)

Was the the most boring snore fest, the most drab game, the biggest cure for insomnia that I have ever witnessed??? DEFINATELY!!!!!

The only highlight was Christiano Drogba Ronaldo fluffing manures customary penalty! (I didnt laugh much, honest :D)

Tell me, is there 2 players that cheat anywhere else in the world as much as Drogba and Ronaldo??? I very much doubt it!

Anyway, who needs a bed time story to send you to sleep with that utter pish on the box!! (And they say Liverpool and Chelsea are boring, pfffffttttttttttt!!!)

Cynic.

chester copperpot
If you can honestly say that you didn't smile at my post, I'll buy you a beer ;)

Ok, I've lost my MSN, so am goosed mate.

The Old Tolbooth
Ok, I've lost my MSN, so am goosed mate.

Saves me a beer then heh heh!!

Liverpool V Barcelona final methinks ;)

Although Barca were rank rotten tonight for a home side, and Manure will come at them at the cesspit.

No but he's captained his side to winning the ultimate club side trophy.

Next question. Ach we could go on here all night, I stated Ronaldo was a freezer which was very much tongue in cheek.

I think Ronaldo is just out of this world, and I also think Manure will win through next week.

I like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to other teams in the CL except Liverpool, I just think this messageboard has went way over top in their support of other teams.

I actually agree with you about Ronaldo. He doesn't do it enough in big games for my liking. He may score but very rarely seems to put in a perfromance like Rooney does quite often.

But then again to score nearly 40 goals in a season as midfielder against some of the best teams in Europe and argubaly the best league in the world is some feat.

I reckon if you asked Gerrard he wouls prefer to win the Premiership.

Well ferk me ragged!!!

Customary penalty? Coming from a Liverpool fan?

Hilarious.

Yes, there are two players who cheat as often. Torres is one of them, as is Mascherano.

Hilarious.

Yes, there are two players who cheat as often. Torres is one of them, as is Mascherano.

And Gerrard.

The Old Tolbooth

Hilarious.

Cant argue about the 2 players you mentioned going down too easily, however Ronaldo is a bigger cheat than both of them put together, and only marginally behind Drogba.

I think Ronaldos reaction when he got Rooney sent off in the Portugal V England match 2 years ago proves that one (although I did pish myself laughing at the time)

Cant argue about the 2 players you mentioned going down too easily, however Ronaldo is a bigger cheat than both of them put together, and only marginally behind Drogba.

I think Ronaldos reaction when he got Rooney sent off in the Portugal V England match 2 years ago proves that one (although I did pish myself laughing at the time)

What? By winking? Wtf?

Don't forget Mascherano's actions against Middlesborough to get Aliadiere sent off.

The Old Tolbooth
What? By winking? Wtf?

Don't forget Mascherano's actions against Middlesborough to get Aliadiere sent off.

I'm not disagreeing with you Eck, I know Mascherano goes down easier than a hobo hooker, but come on, you gotta admit that Ronaldo played a bigger part than that in getting Rooney sent off ;)

Anyone got any footage of the incident? (unfortunately I'm a bit of a ****** when it comes to embedding youtube stuff on here) :confused:

I'm not disagreeing with you Eck, I know Mascherano goes down easier than a hobo hooker, but come on, you gotta admit that Ronaldo played a bigger part than that in getting Rooney sent off ;)

Anyone got any footage of the incident? (unfortunately I'm a bit of a ****** when it comes to embedding youtube stuff on here) :confused:

It appears you don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll set the scene:

Mascherano slaps/grabs Aliadiere's face, Aliadiere reacts by slapping him back, gets sent off, only for Mascherano to stay on the pitch.

They guy is a bigger cheater than Ronaldo. You won't see Ronny chasing a referee 40 yards to remonstrate with him when on a booking, then refuse to leave the field when the red comes out.

On a side note, can anyone name me the last time Ronaldo dived to win a penalty/free kick?

The Old Tolbooth
It appears you don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll set the scene:

Mascherano slaps/grabs Aliadiere's face, Aliadiere reacts by slapping him back, gets sent off, only for Mascherano to stay on the pitch.

They guy is a bigger cheater than Ronaldo. You won't see Ronny chasing a referee 40 yards to remonstrate with him when on a booking, then refuse to leave the field when the red comes out.

On a side note, can anyone name me the last time Ronaldo dived to win a penalty/free kick?

To be honest I didn't actually know what incident you were on about, and still cant recall it. :confused:

Ronaldo (IMO) dived in the box on Wed night (the one on the byeline, not the one at the edge of the box as I thought that was a stonewaller to be fair) and he didn't even get a talking to. Gotta admit though that the Barca players were throwing themselves down a lot more than Uniteds were.

Still hope manure get pumped next week tho ;)

Archived