Nine out of ten Hearts fans want Roman out

slfjambo

By Stuart Bathgate

MORE than 90 per cent of voters on a Hearts supporters' website poll want Roman Romanov to stand down as chairman of the Tynecastle club.

The poll, on hmfckickback.co.uk, asks "Should Roman Romanov continue in his role as chairman and interim chief executive?" Last night just under nine per cent of respondents had said yes, with the vast majority believing it was time for him to go.

The vote, which is open only to registered users of the site, was begun after Romanov's performance at Hearts' annual general meeting last Friday. His remarks, which included the claim that the SPL is corrupt, have brought him to the attention of the authorities, but for some supporters it was his attitude at the agm which was the real source of annoyance.

Romanov, the son of Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov, has been seen at Tynecastle only rarely over the past 12 months, having apparently been working on other business projects. Neither father nor son attended Hearts' home game the day after the agm, when they beat St Mirren 3-2 in their first ever fixture in the SPL's post-split bottom six.

I never seen a poll :sad:.

Daddy rules so Roman stays and does as he is told no doubt...

Only folk that wanted him out would have bothered to vote.

We had a terrible season, but I think that most Hearts fans believe he'll turn it round next year or the following year.

Newspapers will latch onto anything anti Hearts, or anti Romanov.

I'd guess 90% of Hearts fans DON'T want him to go.

We had a terrible season, but I think that most Hearts fans believe he'll turn it round next year or the following year.

I guess the drugs have kicked in in Badgerville. :eek:

I never seen a poll :sad:.

Daddy rules so Roman stays and does as he is told no doubt...

Maybe you should look at the Terrace more then! ;)

For your information, it is on the first page of the aforementioned Terrace.

Honestly?

I mean, really?

No, really, as I've said previously, results have little to do with it (for me anyway I can't speak for the "glory hunters".)

So tell me DOZEY, why DON'T you want him to go? What is it that he does that you think is worth keeping? What exactly is Roman Romanov "turning round"?

Your guess is far, far, far wrong.

Why didn't Stuart Bathgate mention the fact that there is another poll on JKB where more than 93% do not want Frail as the manager.

As much as RR annoys us and generally gets on our 2 bob bits a more pressing concern for many is the managerial situation.

So tell me DOZEY, why DON'T you want him to go? What is it that he does that you think is worth keeping? What exactly is Roman Romanov "turning round"?

Your guess is far, far, far wrong.

'Cos he'd rather big up Chelski on kickback when there's serious Hearts **** going on.

I'd just discount his opinion if I were you.

Drylaw Hearts
'Cos he'd rather big up Chelski on kickback when there's serious Hearts **** going on.

I'd just discount his opinion if I were you.

Well he is DOZEY after all.

Sorry but what a load of utter pap.

Why didn't Stuart Bathgate mention the fact that there is another poll on JKB where more than 93% do not want Frail as the manager.

As much as RR annoys us and generally gets on our 2 bob bits a more pressing concern for many is the managerial situation.

The Hootsman, EEN, DR and Sun were all alerted to the Frail poll - only the Sun printed anything that I am aware of.

You gotta ask - "whenever there is negative talk of anything else it will be highlighted - yet Fail seems to skip it all and also talks utter gash to the press - how is this???"

This morning he is boasting again about Hearts good youth policy in the Express - the same one that gave us Elliot/Mole!!!

This is why 93% of Hearts fans don't want him - he will do anything HE needs to keep this job for HIM and that includes being economical with the truth or non-specific when it suits HIM - the sooner this guys off the radar the better.

No respect whatsoever for this man - anyone would have got a few results out of that squad after Chervenkov left.:evilno:

Nelly Terraces

Can we have a poll to say whether Stuart Bathgate is a total james blunt or not? See if they print the results of that?

Can we have a poll to say whether Stuart Bathgate is a total james blunt or not? See if they print the results of that?

hopefully with all the comments attached as well !

IN terms of RR steping down or not, the man has the tilte in name only ! As far as i'm aware CO, And pedro run the show day to day with VLad having his input when ever he wants ! So if RR does step down what is the point ? Are we going to pay a puppet a salary of CEO and Chairman ? or are we going to appoint a man who will have some power ?

Thunderstruck

To be more precise, 90.51% of those WHO EXPRESSED A PREFERENCE would like to see RR removed from post.

This is a grand total of 334 out of the 369 individuals who were bothered enough to cast a vote. No matter how this is dressed up, it cannot be representative of the Hearts support in general.

A quick look at the "call signs" of those voting highlights a large number who never bother to engage in debate in JKB.

Guest JamboRobbo

:laugh:

Buffalo Bill

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'.

- Boab Dylan.

Whoa ... this is Roman we're talking about - had you missed that ?

To be more precise, 90.51% of those WHO EXPRESSED A PREFERENCE would like to see RR removed from post.

This is a grand total of 334 out of the 369 individuals who were bothered enough to cast a vote. No matter how this is dressed up, it cannot be representative of the Hearts support in general.

A quick look at the "call signs" of those voting highlights a large number who never bother to engage in debate in JKB.

.. and plenty who do, mate.

Drylaw Hearts

It's a bit like TV ratings.

They don't actually ask 9million people if they watched Eastenders last week.

They obtain the info from a smaller number of viewers and multiply it.

The figures are not 100% accurate but they do give an indication of how many viewers watched that pile of guff.

Anyway, this Poll will not be 100% accurate with its figures but it will be pretty damn close.

I know dozens upon dozens of Hearts Supporters and not one of them has told me he wants RR at the Club.

Infact it was quite the opposite.

Also, if you look at the number of JKB'ers that voted for him to stay, minus the 4 who've admitted they clicked on the wrong option, very few who are regular posters.

Does not being a regular poster make you less of a fan?? Or give you less right to vote?? Or mean you are not allowed to be genuinely worried about the way our club is being "run" by V&RR??

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

For the times they are a-changin'.

- Boab Dylan.

Stop stealing from my Boss...

Thunderstruck
Does not being a regular poster make you less of a fan?? Or give you less right to vote?? Or mean you are not allowed to be genuinely worried about the way our club is being "run" by V&RR??

I think you miss the point. Do we know these voters are even fans?

It is usually easy to gauge whether a poster is a genuine Jambo by the content of their posts. For all we know some posters could be journos, hobos or even members of the Hearts Board.

As for the sample being representative, the issue is not whether or not the vote is correct (it possibly is), it is that the report implies that 90% of Hearts fans feel this way. An implication based on a sample that equals 3% of the average attendance at Tynecastle.

I would suggest that MORI or the TV Ratings people would sample a wider cross section of the target group and not leave voting to the those motivated by anger or other strong emotion.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think you miss the point. Do we know these voters are even fans?

It is usually easy to gauge whether a poster is a genuine Jambo by the content of their posts. For all we know some posters could be journos, hobos or even members of the Hearts Board.

Indeed. I reckon the 10% who DON'T want him out are probably hobos who want him to stay and make fools of HMFC further. ;)

As for the sample being representative, the issue is not whether or not the vote is correct (it possibly is), it is that the report implies that 90% of Hearts fans feel this way. An implication based on a sample that equals 3% of the average attendance at Tynecastle.

I would suggest that MORI or the TV Ratings people would sample a wider cross section of the target group and not leave voting to the those motivated by anger or other strong emotion.

I could be wrong, but I think 3% is actually a pretty big sample size as surveys go.....

Thunderstruck
I could be wrong, but I think 3% is actually a pretty big sample size as surveys go.....

It is hard to say what an organisation like MORI would consider a good sample size. In fact, scanning their reports, they invariably talk in percentages and neatly avoid bare numbers.

What I do know that in my 36 years as a registered voter, my voting preferences have never been polled by an organisation like MORI and I have yet to meet someone who has been involved in such a poll (maybe I should get out more!).

Personally, I see polls as a method of influencing opinion in favour of the person, organisation or party commissioning the poll as opposed to a genuine reflection of popular opinion.

Commander Harris
It is hard to say what an organisation like MORI would consider a good sample size. In fact, scanning their reports, they invariably talk in percentages and neatly avoid bare numbers.

What I do know that in my 36 years as a registered voter, my voting preferences have never been polled by an organisation like MORI and I have yet to meet someone who has been involved in such a poll (maybe I should get out more!).

Personally, I see polls as a method of influencing opinion in favour of the person, organisation or party commissioning the poll as opposed to a genuine reflection of popular opinion.

I worked for MORI when I was a student, worst job I ever had and I now have a healthy disregard for all market and opinion research.

Walter Bishop

:eek::eek::eek:

Oh my god!!!!

I dunno why, but for some reason I suspect the 10% who voted for Roman to stay, think the poll is about Vladmir.:rolleyes:

i voted for him to stay ! only reason being that he does not really have a role at the club, CO, pedro and VLad are the power holders at the club so who gives a **** about roman ! Unless Vlad really is going to change his ways then we should get a new guy in with power and a decent salary to match or leave the role void (as it is now) and not pay a salary out.

Drylaw Hearts
I dunno why, but for some reason I suspect the 10% who voted for Roman to stay, think the poll is about Vladmir.:rolleyes:

It clearly states Roman Romanov - twice !!

I'll assume as you voted for Roman to stay what you actually meant you wanted VR to stay ?

So do you want Roman to stay ?

Drylaw Hearts
i voted for him to stay ! only reason being that he does not really have a role at the club, CO, pedro and VLad are the power holders at the club so who gives a **** about roman ! Unless Vlad really is going to change his ways then we should get a new guy in with power and a decent salary to match or leave the role void (as it is now) and not pay a salary out.

The role isn't void.

He Chaired the AGM less than a week ago.

Where have you been ?

Nucky Thompson

This poll is for Useless Rodney not Vlad:rolleyes:

The role isn't void.

He Chaired the AGM less than a week ago.

Where have you been ?

Yeah, he did chair the meeting, but what else has the ***** done all year ! feck all ! My point was that he was chairman in name only.

Drylaw Hearts
Yeah, he did chair the meeting, but what else has the ***** done all year ! feck all ! My point was that he was chairman in name only.

Then why vote for him to stay ?

If he offers us nothing in either of the 'roles' he's been given then surely it would be better if he left !!

Get a Grip!! :mad:

Do you listen to the Hearts Fans??

If YOU believe the pish you have Just posted, then can I ask what colour is the sky in your World?

Can you tell me how YOU think that MadVlad and his ersehole Son are going to turn it around??

They don't even bother to turn up at games anymore!!

They spout Pish constantly and Muppets like you Lap it up...Wake up and Smell the Coffee...Dumb and Dumber or any of the Puppets they have working for them, Carlie MANN(That's a Ferkin Laugh) and Campbell Ogillvie, don't have a Clue what they're doing!! :evilno:

Nucky Thompson
Get a Grip!! :mad:

Do you listen to the Hearts Fans??

If YOU believe the pish you have Just posted, then can I ask what colour is the sky in your World?

Can you tell me how YOU think that MadVlad and his ersehole Son are going to turn it around??

They don't even bother to turn up at games anymore!!

They spout Pish constantly and Muppets like you Lap it up...Wake up and Smell the Coffee...Dumb and Dumber or any of the Puppets they have working for them, Carlie MANN(That's a Ferkin Laugh) and Campbell Ogillvie, don't have a Clue what they're doing!! :evilno:

Why do hatkickers like you always get aggressive and personal with other Jambos:mad: Do you think using bully boy tactics is going to make people change their opinions?

The guy obviously read the poll wrong and didn't think it was about Rodney:cool:

Then why vote for him to stay ?

If he offers us nothing in either of the 'roles' he's been given then surely it would be better if he left !!

Totally argee with you, but if Vlad is going to change his ways then fine romanov should go and a new man be appointed. But if vlad will not change his way then whats the point of paying someone in a powerless role ?

I think you're guessing well wrong.

350 or so people is a reasonable statistical sample for a small survey like this and will result in an acceptably small margin of error for most purposes.

Why do hatkickers like you always get aggressive and personal with other Jambos:mad: Do you think using bully boy tactics is going to make people change their opinions?

The guy obviously read the poll wrong and didn't think it was about Rodney:cool:

Because I cannae find ma Hat, Sheepboy!! :cool:

Drylaw Hearts
Totally argee with you, but if Vlad is going to change his ways then fine romanov should go and a new man be appointed. But if vlad will not change his way then whats the point of paying someone in a powerless role ?

He is doing nothing - on that we seem to agree.

Campbell Ogilvie is in effect running the Club from day to day.

RR's role of CEO is pretty much redundant.

And he is not a worthy Chairman.

He should go.

I don't care if an orangutan replaces him.

130141.JPG

He is doing nothing - on that we seem to agree.

Campbell Ogilvie is in effect running the Club from day to day.

RR's role of CEO is pretty much redundant.

And he is not a worthy Chairman.

He should go.

I don't care if an orangutan replaces him.

130141.JPG

Why drag Tony Mowbray into this?

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. So who commisioned this poll? ;)

Nucky Thompson
Sheepboy!! :cool:
That's mild:) In the last couple of weeks I've been called a gimp a few times, illiterate, someone even slagged off my family and yesterday someone even called me a hobo:biggrin:

Archived