Mafia: A Disney Adventure

Shapes

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit

A newbie pile on ?

Interesting stuff.

So IBM has a complicated role? A few possibilities. Goon? Some do have special powers. Assassin? Watcher? Bad Townie?? Would that be complicated? Maybe even just a plain old townie with special powers?

:spoton:

Certainly too early to start a pile on especially with him being a newbie

Prince Buaben

I'd hazard that if he does have a complicated role, if he was on a team he'd be asking them about it first. You wouldn't just jump to the thread spouting pish otherwise. In that respect I wouldn't say he's a goon or a mason so the pile on is worrying.

A very good point Walter. Didn't think of that so what is he? Assassin? Bad Townie? Both complicated especially for Newbies.

Unless of course is a goon and made a major **** up and now more experienced players are on trying to disguise it by pointing people in other directions.

Something dodgy about the pile on him though?

BoJack Horseman

A very good point Walter. Didn't think of that so what is he? Assassin? Bad Townie? Both complicated especially for Newbies.

Unless of course is a goon and made a major **** up and now more experienced players are on trying to disguise it by pointing people in other directions.

Something dodgy about the pile on him though?

I thought about that as well, made me second guess posting in case I was accused of such. I don't think so though as the goon role isn't exactly 'complicated'.

Just gone back to check the roles for complicated ones and they all seem to be!

4 Goons- some have special powers

3 Masons

Cop

Doc

Assassin- If they kill a certain character they commit suicide.

Watcher- watches one person a night and stops anything that they may be up to

Traitor- Shows up good to the cop but is actually a "bad townie" and his role is to be a hindrance to the town- if the goons try to kill him he will join the goons. Is given investigation results but does not know who the goons are from day 1.

12 townies- some have special powers.

From that list it could be anyone with a 'special power', including a goon. I'd hazard the traitor though, seems the most complicated. Watcher was also re-explained which might make it look more complicated than it is, particularly to a newbie.

I'm going with traitor.

Looks like I've caused all manner of confusion.

This is why you shouldn't try to be too clever when you barely grasp the concept. :vrface:

Votes so far:

I bleed- 4

Steve- 3

Pinhead - 2

sig- 1

stacee jaxx- 1

andy ? 1

malky- 1

arnold- 1

lionel- 1

ian- 1

yvonne -1

dokratro ? 1

walter- 1

hp88- 1

sean -1

3 to vote :)

HmfcAndy's post makes sense.

Unvote I_bleed_maroon

Vote Pinhead

Should make it a three way tie for the lead?

Have we considered that IBM is simple?

In that case even the most straight forward role could seem complicated?

Just a thought :lol:

BoJack Horseman

Looks like I've caused all manner of confusion.

This is why you shouldn't try to be too clever when you barely grasp the concept. :vrface:

Red herring?

Either way, I wouldn't put my money on I_bleed_maroon at the moment.

BoJack Horseman

Have we considered that IBM is simple?

In that case even the most straight forward role could seem complicated?

Just a thought :lol:

I think, if anything, we can gather that he's not vanilla.

I think, if anything, we can gather that he's not vanilla.

I don't think he is a goon or mason most probably the watcher or traitor.

quick question if the traitor and is recruited by the goons will the investigation show up as a goon?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Evening.

Popped in for five minutes to see what's happening.

Very doubtful IBM is a goon as I would guess something as dolly dimple as that would be allowed by a goon team.

Will leave my vote where it is.

Lots of day 1 activity and Shapes is only just ahead of Pinhead in terms of posting.

Vote Pinhead

Must try harder laugh.gif

Oi :down:

I am a busy man matey - with work commitments and keeping the new Miss Pinhead happy - she already thinks I love Hearts more than her - as if I'd be like that :rolleyes:

well I could agree but I dont want to blow it too soon into a new relationship ;)

Just felt like it and having a tie is boring. :mellow:

So why Steve and not I Bleed Maroon?

I don't believe Steve has done anything suspicious yet.

I don't think he is a goon or mason most probably the watcher or traitor.

quick question if the traitor and is recruited by the goons will the investigation show up as a goon?

If the traitor is killed in the village lynch or by the assassin then they die completely. They aren't recruited by the goons. They are only recruited by the goons if the goons kill them. They show up vanilla to the cop whilst still a "bad townie" however if investigated after recruited by the goons then they will show up as bad. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

So why Steve and not I Bleed Maroon?

I don't believe Steve has done anything suspicious yet.

No reason, I could vote IBM if you want?

unvote Steve

vote I bleed maroon

:)

If the traitor is killed in the village lynch or by the assassin then they die completely. They aren't recruited by the goons. They are only recruited by the goons if the goons kill them. They show up vanilla to the cop whilst still a "bad townie" however if investigated after recruited by the goons then they will show up as bad. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

yeah I understood the role was just wondering investigated if already recuited what the outcome would be, also would he/she still recieve info if a goon?

yeah I understood the role was just wondering investigated if already recuited what the outcome would be, also would he/she still recieve info if a goon?

If investigated when recruited then they will show up as a goon. If recruited they will have access to the goon PMs and be part of their team.

If investigated when recruited then they will show up as a goon. If recruited they will have access to the goon PMs and be part of their team.

Yeah I understood that, my new question was about the info he/she receives lol just wondering how quickly we should get rid of this person if possible

Yeah I understood that, my new question was about the info he/she receives lol just wondering how quickly we should get rid of this person if possible

My head is a mess :vrface:

They receive the cops investigation results but are currently not in a PM convo with anyone, just working alone.

Are you allowed to lie about what role you have?

Aye, how do you think the goons manage to conceal their goonliness :lol:

My head is a mess :vrface:

They receive the cops investigation results but are currently not in a PM convo with anyone, just working alone.

Yep understood that lol they still receive the info if they are recruited lol and can share all the info with them if recruited :-D

anyway that helped my post count lol

BoJack Horseman

The rules are a bit hazy. You can't outright say you have any role, but you can subtly hint towards having one, even if its not your own.

Yep understood that lol they still receive the info if they are recruited lol and can share all the info with them if recruited :-D

anyway that helped my post count lol

Once they are recruited they become a goon so they don't get the cops investigation results. They only get them when they're working on their own but if recruited are NOT allowed to share what they already know. They can hint to the goons to kill certain people off but can't come out and say that so and so has a role. That would make it too easy for the goons due to reasons that will become apparent as the game goes on ;)

Once they are recruited they become a goon so they don't get the cops investigation results. They only get them when they're working on their own but if recruited are NOT allowed to share what they already know. They can hint to the goons to kill certain people off but can't come out and say that so and so has a role. That would make it too easy for the goons due to reasons that will become apparent as the game goes on ;)

Cool :)

Nobody every admits to having a role everyone basically just says they are a simple townie, or if I was the cop i'd use bs (investigate the player below you so the masons know who the cop is also) only time anyone really hints at there role is if they are about to be lynched and they thinks it might save them, unfortunelty the goon usually kill you off at night when this is done tho it's a lose lose situation lol

Afternoon everyone - need to review the thread (didn't like the look at lunch time sad.gif) before I change or stick with my vote. Also going to be busy later. So need to make my mind up if I am sticking or changing my vote.

Sean, voting for Malky three times doesn't put him on three votes :rofl:

damn, there was me thinking i had a cunning plan to. :lol:

will need to wait 'til the next time your hungover before i try it again

so that'll be tomorrow then?

Archived