Fifa 08 PS3 Online League - "Kickback"

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Alrite, looking to kick off an online league for Fifa on the PS3. looking just now to get an idea of names. Max of 32 names but doubt there will be that much intrest just now. Will set it up to play each team 3 times, and half lenght of 8 mins. Just write your kickback user name and ps3 name on this thread , then will get back with league name/password etc when have enough entrants.

Cheers

KB PS3

Paddyhmfc - Paddy1874

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I want in, but I've never played Fifa 08 for the PS3, despite my flatmate owning it!

I'll have to do some practicing; put me down for a spot.

Acey - MisterWoe

Sexton Hardcastle

Alrite, good stuff boys. Few more names would be nice. Looking for about 10 minimum. Would the prefered option to choose any team or at random alocate teams from a specific league? Premiership/La Liga/Seria A ? Makes it a bit harder i spose.

Any other ideas welcome.

alan_reid

^ps3 username^ Im so creative. Anyone want a game just add/message me

Id prefer to be sunderland, Kenwyne Jones always does the business on fifa.

Sexton Hardcastle

Rite thats 5 so far. i know theres a few other people on here that might not have seen this. Those that i am friends with on PS3 online i will send a message to sign up. Try and get things kicked off later this week depending on numbers.

not strictly on topic, but anyone wanting a game (Pro EV, Burnout or Stuntman feel free to add me) Mark_Ingram think that's my name anyway

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Go on then. Will have to be quick before GTA is released!

Im pretty sure your on my list.

Disclaimer - Ive not played in ages and am expecting a bottom 6 finish.

Are Hibbies allowed :cool:

Count me in anyway.....

Kickback - dsswc

PS3 - Romurio

Never done a league before except with a mate, how does it work? Do we all have to be online at the same time?

Sexton Hardcastle

Basically i create the league. You log into the league by searching for the league with the information i give once we have enough numbers. You will play each team 3 times , 8 min a half to get a fair old game. Once you have logged into the league and your are online you can invite another member to a league game by selecting them. Obviously the other person needs to be in the lobby at the time so we could set rough times to play or can organises on here to play each other etc..

Once you have played each person 3 times and the league has completed we'l have a new champion!

As i said if people fancy going a sepcific league say the EPL. we would need 20 players and at random i would alocate teams (names in hat) and see how that pans out for a bit of banter. (depending on numbers = choice of league). Or can just choose a team each and go for it. Will leave it to the people.

looking fora friday nite kick off if people are up for that?

cheers

Just a note for whoever is meant to be playing me; don't expect it any time soon! Exams are kind of my priority at the moment, but I'll post well in advance to let you know when I'm free.

Paddy - I'd just let everyone pick their own teams; I doubt I'd add much to the league as, say, Derby...

Sexton Hardcastle

No worries. im sure the elague will run fora bit of time with about 40 games each(again dependisng on the set up). Rite if thats what you reckon. Before anyone else says it ...shotgun Liverpool.

bigbryanthejambo

count me in lads!

pS3 name is smokedjambo

If its EPL teams I'll take Spurs. If itz any European teams, I'll take Roma!

Sexton Hardcastle

more names..good stuff. Well if we do a league e.g. EPL i reckon we shld just do it at random. Makes things a bit intresting. But if not any team goes. Friday nite still seems best to kick things off. As many people online wld be good try and get a few games shifted then after that it would just be up to urselfs to arrange/get lucky and play ur fixtures untill were done.

Sexton Hardcastle

thats about 10 names so far. need to double up if were doing a league. Ask ur mates etc then can just pass on the log in info if need be? will set things up tomorow and post details.

bigbryanthejambo

Nice one dude! Is 10 not a decent number to at least start a leauge and maybe try and play a full card each? Might start to get a bit hectic trying to organise 20 folk to stick to schedules etc? It's cool if you fancy waiting to get some more folks involved but Friday sounds good for kicking something off! :) I'd best get practising back on Fifa. been Trialling Pro Ev for a bit......time to go back to the proper Football game methinks! :)

Sexton Hardcastle

yea think will just go ahead with the final number come this evening. Just choose any team. Post your choice now so theres no confusion. 8mins a half and play each team 2 or 3 times.

Cheers

Paddyhmfc - paddy1874 -LIVERPOOL

edit - check the league pic. fancy or wot !

UnworthyPapaLazaru

I want Liverpool!

Are we just doing English or can we pick any team? If Any team, I will go AC Milan.

10 is plenty if you ask me.

Sexton Hardcastle

just choose any team. first come first serve with teams. Lets see whose first to take barce!

and yea it should be. 5 pm is the cut off!

so when are we playing?

and how do i join this league?

whats league name, password?

I'm going SUNDERLAND! kenwyne is just class on fifa

Sexton Hardcastle

i will post the league details tonite. Enter the league with your team then play other plaerys when you/they are on. Said friday nite for an example as wits most likely when il be n due to champions league tonite.

bigbryanthejambo

So Paddy....is it just a case of everyone logging into the leauge when u post the details?

Gotta have some sort of rules against quitting mid game and stuff too. Not saying that any of you muckers would do such a thing.....but there are plenty in the Fifa online world who do!

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea spot on Big Bry.

And if theres any dodgey quttin games while getting beat etc just post somthing here(name and shame). Happens lots on fifa just dont do it, its only banter aint it! Feel free to kick off the league tonite as soon as the details are up. Mite try and sneak a quick game as well.

bigbryanthejambo
Yea spot on Big Bry.

And if theres any dodgey quttin games while getting beat etc just post somthing here(name and shame). Happens lots on fifa just dont do it, its only banter aint it! Feel free to kick off the league tonite as soon as the details are up. Mite try and sneak a quick game as well.

Name and Shame? I like your philosiphy Paddy! :) As you say itz a bit of banter eh? Nothing wrong with a wee competitve edge to it though?! :)

If anyone fancies taking on Roma in an opening game tonight log in when Paddy posts the details. SmokedJambo will be waiting! :)

Sexton Hardcastle

I feel its my duty to beat you in the opeing game (competitve enough?) Bry

Liverpool v Roma 6pm KO ?

I feel its my duty to beat you in the opeing game (competitve enough?) Bry

Liverpool v Roma 6pm KO ?

Paddy,

I will not be able to get on the PS3 until this Monday coming? is it still okay to join the league?

If not I'll still add a few people and get 1-1 games going.

Ta

Sexton Hardcastle

yea thats fine Tino. I said tonite/friday as an example really. Obv people have things on etc so expect the league to take a few weeks to be played out. Its just sumthina bit different rather than playin pointless ranked games and as said gives things a little competitve edge.

Maybe we should agree on a rough time of day for games to take part so things dont take too long to complete. Il leave it open to you guys to suggest.

bigbryanthejambo
yea thats fine Tino. I said tonite/friday as an example really. Obv people have things on etc so expect the league to take a few weeks to be played out. Its just sumthina bit different rather than playin pointless ranked games and as said gives things a little competitve edge.

Maybe we should agree on a rough time of day for games to take part so things dont take too long to complete. Il leave it open to you guys to suggest.

Liverpool V Roma 6pm!

We have an opening fixture I feel. :)

Ru going to play Riise tho....that is the questioN! ;)

Sexton Hardcastle

Ha ,nah i leave the team as it is after the updates. Sometimes lob crouch on early doors to mix things up. why am i giving away my game plan!

UnworthyPapaLazaru

The thread is now a sticky! It now feels all official!

I should be on about 10ish tonight.

Sexton Hardcastle

it was never unofficial! but i know what you mean. not long til kick off. mite post some pre league odds courtesy of "paddyhmfcpower"

Sexton Hardcastle

"Kickback 08" password 1874.

Liverpool waiting to kick things off !

cheers lads

bigbryanthejambo
"smokedjambo" ... never a truer statement !

haha aye........A Cracker of an opening tie for the leauge folks.....Liverpool take an early lead....only for Roma to hit back and lead 2-1....until seconds from halftime....Torres..2-2. All u need to know about 2nd half is a cynical red card (...ala Fyssas Ne'er Years Day) and my game dropped quicker than Elliot's scants in CC Blooms.

Well dun Paddy boy......first blood tae you....who's next????....

Sexton Hardcastle

indeed it was! duno why it was laggin a bit never had that before. intresting to see if suspensions roll over! and another liverpool o.g. **** typical

bigbryanthejambo

smokedjambo hits back in 2nd game of the kickback leauge tho! 0-2 at the San Siro is a tidy result for Roma !!

I won't be able to play any games tonight but am free tomorrow and Friday! Currently on a winning streak of 5 Ranked games so watch out ;) Darth Sidious, I already took Inter :cool: Or was I too early?

Archived