Vote to Boycott TripsTo Clubs Saying "YES" To Newco

WorldChampions1902

232 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott trips to any SPL club that agrees to admit New Rangers to the SPL?

• Yes
    • No

WorldChampions1902

Vladimir Romanov has nailed his colours firmly to the mast on the matter of whether new Rangers should be admitted to the SPL for season 2012-13 and once again, he is at the vanguard of driving forward change in Scottish football. If this messageboard is representative of the true feelings amongst Hearts fans, he has our overwhelming support.

Hearts ARE the 3rd force as regards the number of supporters it takes to AWAY matches and us fans have a strong card to play in persuading 'wavering' clubs to cast their vote in the "NO" to Newco camp. If we can demonstrate to those clubs that Hearts fans will boycott trips to their grounds, then that could be the deciding factor in ensuring that new Rangers ply their trade outside of the SPL in the coming season.

With that in mind, I would urge you to cast your vote!

WorldChampions1902

Boycotts went out in the nineties why dont you get a brain

Much is being made about the financial impact on all SPL clubs of Rangers not being in the SPL next season. The vested interests continue to use it as a threat to encourage all clubs to give Rangers an easy ride. We can use the same financial argument to our advantage to 'persuade' wavering clubs to kick Rangers out of the SPL. If you cannot see that, then I'm sorry, sad and disappointed.

I fully agree with the sentiment, but I think you'll find that a lot of the people on JKB who'll vote to boycott certain grounds, don't actually go to away games anyway. :sad:

Since I won't even go to Easter Road, this hardly concerns me.

But if I were 40 years younger I would still go to every away game no matter what - except Ibrox of course. These 'yes' chairmen are NOT making value calls about Rangers. They are simply trying to keep their clubs afloat. I believe that their clubs should die if their entire business plan demands a visit from the orcs every season and if they can't see that Celtic fans will undoubtedly boycott their grounds if they vite 'yes' then they are too thick to run a club.

It's now irrelevant anyway since the die is cast. They will all vote the same way :thumbsup:

might it not only serve to reinforce the idea we need rangers whilst alienating fans who lobbied there club for justice

I fully agree with the sentiment, but I think you'll find that a lot of the people on JKB who'll vote to boycott certain grounds, don't actually go to away games anyway. :sad:

:thumbsup: exactly flag of convenience being planted on the top of the moral hill

WorldChampions1902

These 'yes' chairmen are NOT making value calls about Rangers. They are simply trying to keep their clubs afloat.

DH, apologies for editing your original reply, but I wanted to highlight a particular point you make.

I absolutely agree and what would be the effect on clubs say like Killie, if they were to realise that the majority of any visiting support would be boycotting their stadium every fortnight because they (Killie) voted "Yes" to newco??

If every SPL club was to make it clear to those potential "YES" voters that there would be a massive reduction in their visiting fans, I am in no doubt that sufficient numbers of clubs would vote differently to kick new Rangers out of the SPL - and surely, this is what we ALL want?

Rudolf's Mate

Tbh, I can't see anyone voting yes now anyway.

This. A yes vote seems to be a wasted one!

If some clubs do vote 'yes', I think Celtic will start off with fairly thorough boycotts and other clubs might drop a good few numbers but in time the dedication to the cause will lessen. Things would return to normal after a while. Although there's no doubt that even a half hearted boycott might cause some clubs significant problems I suppose....

I'm not an "every away game" person and only make it to some selected fixtures so I'm not going to vote. Can't say I'd set out to never visit their grounds again but I'm sure their voting might play a part in my decision making when I pick and choose the games I do attend. For a while anyway.

southside1874

DH, apologies for editing your original reply, but I wanted to highlight a particular point you make.

I absolutely agree and what would be the effect on clubs say like Killie, if they were to realise that the majority of any visiting support would be boycotting their stadium every fortnight because they (Killie) voted "Yes" to newco??

If every SPL club was to make it clear to those potential "YES" voters that there would be a massive reduction in their visiting fans, I am in no doubt that sufficient numbers of clubs would vote differently to kick new Rangers out of the SPL - and surely, this is what we ALL want?

I think it's a great way to nullify the argument of lost revenue. I can't get my head around the fact that fans of other clubs would actually concern themselves with this and chairmen who vote for newco just shouldn't be involved in the game. I don't think that the Kilmarnock folk think about things to well but vote instead for some blind loyalist mentality that sees Rangers as the grandmaster and all those beneath should do what they can to help in their cause.

The reality is. Kilmarnock would probably attract a large following from ex Rangers fans as they compliment each others mindset. Is the Kilmarnock Chairman playing his cards close to his chest and hoping to mop up these deluded idiots because he showed loyalty to the cause. :lol:

Vote "No" and lose all Rangers fans, but keep your own fans, and all other visiting fans onside, with your integrity.

Vote "Yes" and lose all Celtic fans through boycott, lessen numbers of other visiting fans by boycott, lose your integrity, alienate your own fans, and possibly lose all Rangers fans anyway, if the overall vote goes against them.

It really should be a no-brainer. :huh:

Guest C00l K1d

As i've said before i don't think other clubs should be punished for rangers wrongdoings.

Smaller clubs may choose the cash fix and that's understandable imo.

Thing is with most clubs coming out and saying they're going to vote no, a yes vote would be wasted and i see an 11-1 vote to avoid things like this.

Vote "No" and lose all Rangers fans, but keep your own fans, and all other visiting fans onside, with your integrity.

Vote "Yes" and lose all Celtic fans through boycott, lessen numbers of other visiting fans by boycott, lose your integrity, alienate your own fans, and possibly lose all Rangers fans anyway, if the overall vote goes against them.

It really should be a no-brainer. :huh:

Aren't we still waiting to find out what way Celtic FC will vote?

Celtic fans will have you believing its a no vote, but IMO Celtic will either not vote or vote Yes to newco. .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18112713 This reads like, We need rangers so get over it Celtic fans.

Jam Tarts 1874

If Hearts' fans threaten a boycott of this sort, are we not simply behaving as badly as the knuckle-draggers towards smaller clubs?

It is up to each set of fans to put pressure on their own clubs.

Aren't we still waiting to find out what way Celtic FC will vote?

Celtic fans will have you believing its a no vote, but IMO Celtic will either not vote or vote Yes to newco. .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18112713 This reads like, We need rangers so get over it Celtic fans.

Their fans are talking about boycotting SPL clubs because of the voting change and the money they will lose.

They believe a change in the voting system would cause them far more damage that any Newco being in or out of the SPL.

portobellojambo1

Their fans are talking about boycotting SPL clubs because of the voting change and the money they will lose.

They believe a change in the voting system would cause them far more damage that any Newco being in or out of the SPL.

The money they will potentially lose from a fairer distribution of Sky money and potentially a fairer distribution of funds for finishing league position is feckin peanuts when compared with their overall turnover. Those who have seen their accounts (i.e. Celtic shareholders) have indicated that at the moment combined it forms around 1%, and a drop wouldn't even be noticed in the overall scheme of things. And if, for example their total income dropped by say ?750,000, they would regain that multiple times over, because in player terms they wouldn't have to be spending multi millions to compete with Rangers for the SPL title.

Voted no. Don't get to that many away games but if I've got the time I'll go to whatever game is on that weekend. Buying a season ticket and would've bought one whether hearts were voting yes or no. Boycotts hardly ever work anyway. Daft idea IMO.

Radioactive Mince

Not sure that's entirely accurate, although there is surely some substance. I feel it's a bit simplistic to just come out and say that.

HMFC have a hardcore group of less than 500 supporters who have the funds, free time and the dedication to travel to EVERY SINGLE away game.

The number of fans, like myself for example, who travel to around half the aways far outnumber the hardcore in terms of number of people overall (of course, at certain away grounds, the 'fairweather' - as it were - are virtually invisible such as Ibrox & Parkhead).

I expect that, for most of the hardcore group, the ritualistic value of it all is one of the main driving forces; as much so as their love for the club. Those of us who see home games as THE ritual and away matches as a kind of bonus where we pick and choose the best atmospheres/most important ones and travel on a 'spare cash at the time' basis I think you might be surprised how much sentiment is within 'my' group to shun any 'yes' voters. In turn, you might end up being surprised at just how much this could affect overall attendances at certain away grounds.

And... A lot more of KB attend matches than many of the WUM/Real Fan posters think. IMO.

ToadKiller Dog

I would be happy to boycott the yes voters , don't go to every away game maybe around half , as I said in another thread I am now happy to put a bit more into our club since we are now a definite No , more in the shop and would be willing to buy an empty seat for the home games against the team that comes in likely Dundee .

Any boycott would only really need to be for a season to make the point .

Voted NO

IMO we starting to act like Rangers Supporters

If we don't get our own way lets Boycott

Get a life,

Voted NO

Get a life,

We are better than that,

Clubs will vote for what THEY think best for them,

As our Chairman did for us,

Voted NO

Get a life,

We are better than that,

Clubs will vote for what THEY think best for them,

As our Chairman did for us,

Radioactive Mince

Getting our own way? Get a life?

Fantastic contribution, logic.

:applause:

I'd just quite like to GIRU the chairmen (there don't look to be too many, although the silence is pretty deafening from some...) of the clubs who will happily put the RFC/Newco away coin ahead of the much larger value of the other teams' fans combined and, of course, their own.

Disgusting on many levels. Although you've added nothing to this apart from insulting comments, do you fancy qualifying why you feel giving these clubs (competing with HMFC) money is in your or Scottish football's best interests, please?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The noisy condemners have added the square root of feck all to any debate/discussion on this subject; only insults and trolling. What does that actually tell you about things?

EDIT: Jebus, how many typos can one guy make in such a short post. Keyboard dyslexia, how I loathe thee.

Getting our own way? Get a life?

Fantastic contribution, logic.

:applause:

I'd just quite like to GIRU the chairmen (there don't look to be too many, although the silence is pretty defening from some...) of the clubs who will happily put the RFC/Newco away coin ahead of the much larger value of the other teams' fans combined and, of course, their own.

Disgusting on many levels. Although you've added nothing to this apart from insulting comments, do you fancy qualifying why you feel giving these clubs (competing with HMFC) money is in your or Scottish football's best interests, please?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The noisy condemners have added the square root of feck all to any debate/discussion on this subject; only insults and trolling. What does that actually tell you about things?

Yeah will say it again

You no better than those BULLIES [ Rangers Supporters ] don't get my own way - Lets sort them out,

Obviously you not 'Patricia Reichardt'

Hope you a minority at Tynecastle,

Thanks for you comments though,

I'm obviously wasting time and KB bandwidth here. Have a nice day, logic.

Yeah i agree with you on that point

you have nice day also

Cheers :P

Boycotting smacks of bullying tbh and a bit too close to sandy jardine's threats by rangers. Clubs will vote as they see fit in the best interests of themselves. What is needed after the vote is not threats to boycott each other but unity to move on together.

Yes I'm one, made it to murderwell this season though so they better be careful.

Caspian Primrose

i wouldnt boycott any of them, i enjoy my away days too much. if i had more time and money i'd go to more.

if Celtic voted yes i would boycott them infact so i could have a morally superior reason for not goin there. when in reality i dont go because everything thats involved with attending that game makes me sick.

quincy adams wagstaff

Voted NO

Get a life,

the big differance being we have right on our side

WorldChampions1902

A postscript to this thread:-

Inverness chairman has said, "We have also been contacted by supporters of various other SPL clubs, saying they would not be back to Inverness if we did not accept that sporting integrity was what mattered, but this is something that we had already considered and it is not only the integrity of the SPL that is at stake but the integrity of Scottish football".

So clearly, the threat of an away fans boycott has received a fair hearing and clubs were/are aware of the potential for alienating not only their own fans, but visiting fans as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

Radioactive Mince

Inverness chairman has said, "We have also been contacted by supporters of various other SPL clubs, saying they would not be back to Inverness if we did not accept that sporting integrity was what mattered, but this is something that we had already considered and it is not only the integrity of the SPL that is at stake but the integrity of Scottish football".

So clearly, the threat of an away fans boycott has received a fair hearing and clubs were/are aware of the potential for alienating not only their own fans, but visiting fans as well.

Lucky they haven't listened to the "we'll attend your grounds ever more" type of supporter, or nothing would've happened.

Sometimes, even if you yourself will not be helping bring about change, it's better to shut up about that if you want it.

Or something far more inspiring.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, the loudest folk posting on the "Will HMFC vote yes/no" threads were shouting "VOTE HOW YOU LIKE HEARTS! THE LEAGUE'S A DIDDY ANYWAY! MY COIN IS GUARANTEED, FOREVER, NO MATTER WHAT! (unless you appoint John fecking McGlynn that is...)"

:down:

Would be good to see ICT, St Johnstone etc rewarded with bigger gates, both from home and away fans of other no voters. We all need to support our clubs through any loss of income from voting out the cheats.

A Celtic Supporter at work says they are in support

of Newco. They obviously have more to lose than the rest of us

and no doubt will be trying to intimidate others to vote the same.

My 2nd fav away trip of the season behind ER. Great day out and always a friendly welcome.

Well done ICT. Respect.

Archived