Vlad vents his fury

Jambo Ell

Completely agree with the bit in bold. thumbsup.gif

What did the SPL actually do ? Forced us to pay wages on time. Wow they really have got it in for us. laugh.gif

Fined us at every opportunity,discriminated against us,cheated us out of numerous points,will that do for starters.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fined us at every opportunity,discriminated against us,cheated us out of numerous points,will that do for starters.

Good effort, pity none of that was anything to do with the SPL.

He wasn't crying wolf though... He was right, people just didn't want to believe him.

This is true. I don't know how much of what Romanov says gets lost in translation, but I wish his statements had been less sarcastic/mischief making and more straight talking, if that makes sense. It's not what he says, but the way he says it. He should be sitting right at the top of the moral high ground now, but because of the way he operates too many people won't see that. Rest assured, like yourself I suspect, I see it.

It's a shame Vlad is such a figure of ridicule that anything he says will be largely ignored. It is not helpful that in that little monologue he claims that the spll are out to bankrupt us

Would be interesting though to see what Celtic fans think of it.

?

While our money isn't due until July, all bets now change with Rangers in administration.

If we are protected under SPL should be fine - as long as Rangers total Scottish football debts don't exceed income due to Rangers from the SPL.

Currently there is no precedence. Other Scottish clubs seeking up front payment were to cover running costs rather than fund debts due to another member.

No-one knows exactly whether we will receive full, partial, little or none of the remaining balance on the Wallace transfer.

Personally I'd be surprised if it was full.

I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF THAT WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT HE IS A CRAZY MAD MENTALLY ILL LITH LUNATIC

And then those of us with the intelligence to outwit a dog egg simply step back and say "That'll do, Mr Romanov. That'll do".

smile.gif

Charlie-Brown

Rangers and their administrators were seeking to add ?30K to their monthly wage bill to pay for Daniel Cousin even after their administration became official despite Hearts, Dunfy, Dundee Utd, Inverness etc all due money from RFC.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF THAT WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT HE IS A CRAZY MAD MENTALLY ILL LITH LUNATIC

And then those of us with the intelligence to outwit a dog egg simply step back and say "That'll do, Mr Romanov. That'll do".

smile.gif

Dog egg

:D

Nelly Terraces

Had Rangers paid the ?70+ milion, then they quite simply could NOT have afforded to purchase players like Jelavic, Wallace, or indeed any of their recent signings.

Therefore by default, they probably would NOT have won the league last year.

It's the snowball effect, and proves they cheated their way to titles.

That is a fact Dex.

Top one from the Vladmeister, but I thought we'd eventually be good for the money from the tax dodgers slice of TV cash - can anyone confirm this is still the case?

I am not defending Rangers nor do I hate Romanov.

Do you know what the HMRC investigation into Hearts is about?

There isn?t one.

In January Chick Young leads a vitriolic campaign within the press demanding significant sanction against Hearts for late payment (19 days at most) of wages, suggesting a points deduction, as many as 8, is being considered by the SPL.

At that time even the most balanced of people who understood that the largest points sanction under SPL rules for a full insolvency event is 10 points per season, would have ridiculed the mere thought of a points sanction. Chick is adamant such potential severe sanction had been discussed and was supportive of some form of severe sanction. Apart from Ewan Murray, I can't think of one other journalist who ridiculed such notion and championed for us. The rest were in the 'severe sanction' camp.

And low and behold, before mid February, Chick tells the whole world he knew Rangers were withholding all taxes since the takeover - and had known for some significant time. On Newsnight, Jim Traynor confirms that it was widely known amongst the press what Rangers were up to.

You really, really, really couldn't make it up.

Media monkeys - damn right.

In January Chick Young leads a vitriolic campaign within the press demanding significant sanction against Hearts for late payment (19 days at most) of wages, suggesting a points deduction, as many as 8, is being considered by the SPL.

At that time even the most balanced of people who understood that the largest points sanction under SPL rules for a full insolvency event is 10 points per season, would have ridiculed the mere thought of a points sanction. Chick is adamant such potential severe sanction had been discussed and was supportive of severe sanction. Apart from Ewan Murray, I can't think of one other journalist who ridiculed such notion and championed for us. The rest were in the 'severe sanction' camp.

And low and behold, before mid February, Chick tells the whole world he knew Rangers were withholding all taxes since the takeover - and had known for some significant time. On Newsnight, Jim Traynor confirms that it was widely known amongst the press what Rangers were up to.

You really, really, really couldn't make it up.

Media monkeys - damn right.

I know. It's hard to comprehend. But who is there to bring these guys to task for it? Nobody.

I am not defending Rangers nor do I hate Romanov.

Do you know what the HMRC investigation into Hearts is about?

I don't think any of us know what it was about, however it was settled at the end of last year so let's move on.

Not yet

They have actually. They have had the services of Lee Wallace for 6 months in full knowledge that they would not be paying for him. We should have had Lee playing for us this season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I know. It's hard to comprehend. But who is there to bring these guys to task for it? Nobody.

Nobody... It was their job to bring Rangers to task but they shat it and there is nobody to pull them up in return.

It is a closed shop and will not change. :(

It's a shame Vlad is such a figure of ridicule that anything he says will be largely ignored. It is not helpful that in that little monologue he claims that the spll are out to bankrupt us

Would be interesting though to see what Celtic fans think of it.

See Lennon's interview in this mornings Scotsman if you want to know the Celtic viewpoint. No sympathy and cheats if found guilty is the basic summary.

Nobody... It was their job to bring Rangers to task but they share it and there is nobody to pull them up in return.

It is a closed shop and will not change. :(

Yep. Unaccountable. Untouchable. Accessories to fraud as well, morally speaking.

EDIT: MODS Just seen this posted in Rangers admin thread. Feel free to delete. Cheers

Published on Saturday 18 February 2012 00:00

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has attacked the way Rangers has run its affairs and criticised the Scottish football authorities for failing to impose a tougher punishment.

The Hearts owner, who has been a persistent and outspoken critic of what he sees as the establishment ever since he arrived in Scotland, gave his opinion as his club stand to lose around ?800,000 in transfer money still owing from the Lee Wallace move to Rangers. With administration now in place, and Hearts an unsecured creditor, there is very little expectation that Hearts will see more than a small fraction of the money that is still owed to the Tynecastle club.

?The bankruptcy of Rangers shows again how insolently and arrogantly operate the Scottish football mafia,? he blasted.

?They stole taxpayers? money, violating the rules of honest competition between the clubs. And for that were not even stripped of second place in the league table.

?And it was all happening while they desperately wanted to push Hearts into bankruptcy through the tax authorities and the league. They plotted conspiracies in our club and tried to spread panic.

?But in fact they needed all this just to distract attention from their own dubious activities.?

Hearts have had a number of financial glitches to deal with themselves, ranging from late payment of players? wages which culminated in the players? union and the SPL becoming involved, to the shadow of the HMRC which has issued a number of winding-up orders for non-payment which have always been resolved.

http://www.scotsman....hment_1_2123995

Thank you Mr Romanov you have summed up my thoughts EXACTLY. Dick Dung will want Hearts deducted 102 points for this outburst. Oh wait a minute 102!

See Lennon's interview in this mornings Scotsman if you want to know the Celtic viewpoint. No sympathy and cheats if found guilty is the basic summary.

I meant what they thought of vlad's actual comments with reference to then

I agree entirely that the authorities seem to be bending over backwards to help Rangers, and did nothing of the sort for us.

But Vlad seems unable to release any statement about any subject without mentioning conspiracies and mafias. It gets a bit old when you've heard it for the umpteenth time.

So, tell me, how many times can you tell the truth before it stops being the truth.

Your attitude is fuel to the fire of the cheats that have been corrupting our game for decades!

If you'd been around in the 30's, you'd probably have thought Churchhill a scaremonger.

And to think some on here don't think they've cheated their way to trophies!

There are some "Hearts" fans who call Rankgers cousins. Hard to believe that too, but its true.

I P Knightley

I agree with every word in that statement.

One thing I can't understand though is the Lee Wallace transfer!!

At the time we sold him I remember saying that I hoped we got all the money up front as rangers were in shite state!!

I am amazed that Vlad/hearts entered into an instalment plan with rangers to be totally honest, someone needs their erse kicked.

Vlad and/or his team clearly don't trust the British press where they might have been able to find stories of Rangers' financial mis-management.

Your analogy doesn't really work as the 2 business are not competing at the same level. The other business already has more customers, better employees and bigger contracts. My own business is riddled with debt, I am not paying my staff properly, I tell some of my staff not to bother coming in for work sometimes and I am a total prick to work for.

It does, Dazo. Said competing company would have struggled to establish that position of superiority with more customers & contracts had it not completely over-stretched itself in order to keep up with the market leader. Had it played within its means, other companies would have had a fairer crack at those contracts & competitions. Maybe not Hearts (although who's to say how we'd have gone on had the playing fields been a bit more level over the last 10 years), but other SPL teams, making it a better competition.

I agree that Rangers are being given an easy ride, far more than any other non old firm team would be in the same circumstances.

To be honest theres not much to disagree with in this statement, not something I could normally say with Vlad, but given that he uses 'mafia' and conspiracy so often it takes away the impact when theyre actually used for something relevant.

And I prefer to leave all the 'Its a conspiracy' BS to Celtic, we're better than that.

So, you don't agree that the media "conspired", particularly in the David Murray years, to fall over backwards to protect and promote Rangers FC?

Members of the press have admitted they've known about some of the shenanigans since Whyte took over but said nothing. So, they conspired to keep it quiet!

If they did all this, and they did, that is a "conspiracy".

Tiberius Stinkfinger

A nice little statement from Vlad, some nice nibbles to get the appetite warmed up before the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the great Scottish "institution" that is Cheatingbassa's FC becomes public.

His words will be like a big juicy Steak soon enough.

I agree with every word in that statement.

One thing I can't understand though is the Lee Wallace transfer!!

At the time we sold him I remember saying that I hoped we got all the money up front as rangers were in shite state!!

I am amazed that Vlad/hearts entered into an instalment plan with rangers to be totally honest, someone needs their erse kicked.

It's called a "sting"!!!:rolleyes:

@Dazo.

I understand your point of view, and even agree with parts.

What had annoyed me most is Rangers behaviour over the last 12 months. It would appear that Whyte has all along planned to take them into administration. What other explanation can there be for them paying not a single penny of tax since he took over?

Yet they still signed new players, such as Lee Wallace, which they wouldn't have been able to afford had they paid their taxes. And it seems clear they also had no intention to pay us for Lee either.

This behaviour has left me and many other fans of many other clubs feel cheated. It's one thing borrowing money and being unable to pay it back. What Rangers have done is much more sinister.

Administration carries a 10pt penalty and I have no problem with this. But IF they are found guilty of deliverately and illegally not paying PAYE and VAT then there should be further punishment.

That is a fact Dex.

Top one from the Vladmeister, but I thought we'd eventually be good for the money from the tax dodgers slice of TV cash - can anyone confirm this is still the case?

No mate, its not the case. Chances are they'll be back next season, strong as ever, debt free and not having to pay the best part of the million quid they owe us. That's my understanding anyway.

I am absolutely seething about this whole fiasco!

The press sorry monkeys, are turning this into a 'feel sorry' for poor RFC. Unbelievable. They are highlighting that Ibrox will have over 50000 at todays game. SO WHAT ! Once they start dropping points the fans will soon desert them in droves as they did in the 80's when they played to under 10000 a week at Ibrox. Their fans are no better than any other team. When they win they get good crowds when they loose they geyt poor crowds. That is even taking into account that many RFC fans come from Ireland purely because of the religious connections.

FYI ESPN has a new 'fans forum' that is trying to establish itself. I have just posted a thread entitled RFC Scotland's Disgrace. I feel the English need to know the whole story. It is easy to use:

ABSOLUTELY SEETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, you don't agree that the media "conspired", particularly in the David Murray years, to fall over backwards to protect and promote Rangers FC?

Members of the press have admitted they've known about some of the shenanigans since Whyte took over but said nothing. So, they conspired to keep it quiet!

If they did all this, and they did, that is a "conspiracy".

Traynor suggested on Newsnight it was not possible to release that information.

However, as they were privvy to that information, their completely over the top commentary as to what a fair sanction for Hearts would have been, is uttelry baffling

To be fair to Chick if the SPL had discussed the potential of an 8 point deduction, and he is legally entitled to release the information, then that is his job to do. However these guys are no longer just reporters, but commentators. And they should be fair and balanced. Especially when using license payers money.

Chick Young didn't just report a possible 8 point deduction, he actively supported it. In fact when it was suggested it would punish the players he argued that it wouldn't, but even if it did that was Vlad's fault not the SPL. If he was consistent he would be calling for extra points to be deducted from Rangers, but in fact he's feeling sorry for the players, the staff and the fans because its not their fault.

Everybody loves Baz

Dazo is like drylaws mini me. He doesnt do it as well.

facebook-like-buton1.png

The newco POP are having a stormer this morning.

Their hatred for Vlad will just not let them agree with him.

Top top bloke is our Vlad and the quicker we get this bloody statue erected the better. thumbsup.gif

portobellojambo1

@Dazo.

I understand your point of view, and even agree with parts.

What had annoyed me most is Rangers behaviour over the last 12 months. It would appear that Whyte has all along planned to take them into administration. What other explanation can there be for them paying not a single penny of tax since he took over?

Yet they still signed new players, such as Lee Wallace, which they wouldn't have been able to afford had they paid their taxes. And it seems clear they also had no intention to pay us for Lee either.

This behaviour has left me and many other fans of many other clubs feel cheated. It's one thing borrowing money and being unable to pay it back. What Rangers have done is much more sinister.

Administration carries a 10pt penalty and I have no problem with this. But IF they are found guilty of deliberately and illegally not paying PAYE and VAT then there should be further punishment.

This is the bit I don't fully understand, especially in relation to similar events which have involved HMFC. I've been trying to think back to when HMFC were served with winding up orders over the recent past, and it seems, purely from memory, that it has been roughly every three months. This would suggest we were in the same position, regards PAYE etc. (although again we don't really know why HMFC have been getting served with these orders and what periods they relate to). If it was for non payment in the present tax year, why were similar orders not being served on Rangers. Is that the fault of the SPL or is it more likely a fault on behalf of HMRC (or, as I suspect, is this outstanding payment not from last season, and if so why were winding up orders not served on Rangers during the course of last season). In terms of this non payment failure to chase this appears to be down to HMRC rather than a matter for the SPL. It may well be the case that HMRC resources have all been swallowed up by the major investigation and they (HMRC) have overlooked this until now (not an unreasonable assumption to make about HMRC I would think).

Punishment may not have been delivered yet, but given there are so many investigations now ongoing it may yet come (although I suspect the major punishment is pretty inevitable, and that is the wind up of the company as it is presently constituted as a result of all the wrong doings, there in no punishment greater than that in reality).

AllyjamboDerbyshire

As I said earlier, Hearts, in line with every other team in Britain, if not the world, has borrowed money. They have borrowed it with the full knowledge of the lender, and the lender will have known, that in line with what happens to all forms of business, there is a chance they might not get it back. Hearts, unusually, have borrowed far and away the bulk of their money, from businesses owned by their owner. In otherwords, from their owner. They have been late with wages and tax payments, but all payments have been made. In short, as yet, no one has been cheated. Rangers on the other hand have 'borrowed' from people who didn't know they were 'lending' them (HMRC) have continued to borrow in this way, have bought players they knew they wouldn't be paying for, and all the time knew they were on the verge of bankruptcy. There is no comparison.

Guest GhostHunter

I am absolutely seething about this whole fiasco!

The press sorry monkeys, are turning this into a 'feel sorry' for poor RFC. Unbelievable. They are highlighting that Ibrox will have over 50000 at todays game. SO WHAT ! Once they start dropping points the fans will soon desert them in droves as they did in the 80's when they played to under 10000 a week at Ibrox. Their fans are no better than any other team. When they win they get good crowds when they loose they geyt poor crowds. That is even taking into account that many RFC fans come from Ireland purely because of the religious connections.

FYI ESPN has a new 'fans forum' that is trying to establish itself. I have just posted a thread entitled RFC Scotland's Disgrace. I feel the English need to know the whole story. It is easy to use:

ABSOLUTELY SEETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You realise you posted it in the Cricket forum ?

Edit - somehow, I managed to post as yoy ?!?!

facebook-like-buton1.png

The newco POP are having a stormer this morning.

Their hatred for Vlad will just not let them agree with him.

Top top bloke is our Vlad and the quicker we get this bloody statue erected the better. thumbsup.gif

qqb006.gif

Forget the big tax case or the small tax case they have admitted via their administrators they have failed to pay ?9M in PAYE and VAT remittances since May 2011. That is why they are in administration so yes they are "guilty" and self confessed.

The ?9 million is not really due until the 1st of April. If they win their tax cases they will find the money to pay the ?9 million for this years books. They are not going to pay that before then.

HMRC screwed up verses Redknapp and they might be in the wrong with their claims against Rangers. Everyone should calm down until we know the truth. Folks just making things up to get angry about nothing.

Guest GhostHunter

The ?9 million is not really due until the 1st of April. If they win their tax cases they will find the money to pay the ?9 million for this years books. They are not going to pay that before then.

HMRC screwed up verses Redknapp and they might be in the wrong with their claims against Rangers. Everyone should calm down until we know the truth. Folks just making things up to get angry about nothing.

Maybe you should read the Big Rangers Thread ?

Randle P McMurphy

thats crap, paye and nic is due on the 21st of each month unless you are a small company. interest will have been added, based on projected estimates, for each day they have exceeded this deadline

Your forgetting about the Mafia. The SPL will bend over backwards to help rangers that is why they completely ignored the 10 point deduction rule and allowed them to sign Cousin.

The seethers are completely missing the point that this is an ongoing issue and nothing has been resolved yet. Just like when we were charged by the SPL they had stupidly predetermined the out come which of course they got wrong.

KingVlad.jpg

Mr Romanov knew he needed the umbrella to shelter him from the vitriol of some rouge elements in the Heart of Midlothian support.

You realise you posted it in the Cricket forum ?

Edit - somehow, I managed to post as yoy ?!?!

It's because what rangers have done just isnt cricket.

This is the bit I don't fully understand, especially in relation to similar events which have involved HMFC. I've been trying to think back to when HMFC were served with winding up orders over the recent past, and it seems, purely from memory, that it has been roughly every three months. This would suggest we were in the same position, regards PAYE etc. (although again we don't really know why HMFC have been getting served with these orders and what periods they relate to). If it was for non payment in the present tax year, why were similar orders not being served on Rangers. Is that the fault of the SPL or is it more likely a fault on behalf of HMRC (or, as I suspect, is this outstanding payment not from last season, and if so why were winding up orders not served on Rangers during the course of last season). In terms of this non payment failure to chase this appears to be down to HMRC rather than a matter for the SPL. It may well be the case that HMRC resources have all been swallowed up by the major investigation and they (HMRC) have overlooked this until now (not an unreasonable assumption to make about HMRC I would think).

Punishment may not have been delivered yet, but given there are so many investigations now ongoing it may yet come (although I suspect the major punishment is pretty inevitable, and that is the wind up of the company as it is presently constituted as a result of all the wrong doings, there in no punishment greater than that in reality).

NewCo playing in light blue, at Ibrox, with Glasgow and Rangers in the company name and admitted to the SPL from season 2012-2013 will hardly be major punishment pj.

HMRC being allowed to chase NewCo for previous taxes will be the biggest punishment they MAY face.

?

The Wallace money, their tax strategy is what has put them in administration which could cost us some of the Wallace money. I've yet to see anything which says for certain that we will have SPL money rediverted to us

Guest GhostHunter

Your forgetting about the Mafia. The SPL will bend over backwards to help rangers that is why they completely ignored the 10 point deduction rule and allowed them to sign Cousin.

The seethers are completely missing the point that this is an ongoing issue and nothing has been resolved yet. Just like when we were charged by the SPL they had stupidly predetermined the out come which of course they got wrong.

Oh Dear.

Not your best post today.

Archived