Vlad vents his fury

Jambo Ell

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Randle P McMurphy

Your forgetting about the Mafia. The SPL will bend over backwards to help rangers that is why they completely ignored the 10 point deduction rule and allowed them to sign Cousin.

The seethers are completely missing the point that this is an ongoing issue and nothing has been resolved yet. Just like when we were charged by the SPL they had stupidly predetermined the out come which of course they got wrong.

the ?9m is not an ongoing issue or in dispute. this is their ongoing obligation as an employer after deducting paye and nic from their employees.

the ?9m is not an ongoing issue or in dispute. this is their ongoing obligation as an employer after deducting paye and nic from their employees.

I was talking about the whole hullabaloo in general.

Alwaysinourshadows

?But in fact they needed all this just to distract attention from their own dubious activities".

Well said Vlad

Rudolf's Mate

Love the fact they have posted it stating King Vlad speaks. Also nice to see several fans of other clubs saying Vlad speaks the truth.... Even some Hobos!

Pie & Bov

One comment from a Dunfermline fan:

There are times when the Vladman does talk the truth. I agree with him 100%. Its about time all the SPL chairmen had the balls to demand the monies that RFC owe paid in full. Sell Castle Greyskull for one would top priority.

SHUT THE FECKIN PLACE DOWN

Also calling Doncaster, Dongcaster :D

Who was it that labelled Romanov "Mad Vlad"?

Name another football chairman in Scotland that has been given a nickname.

At the very least there appears to have been a media campaign in Scotland to label Romanov a nut job in order that when they printed what he was saying every football fan dismissed the content as a "Mad Vlad rant". Cunning, or something else a bit more sinister & premeditated?

The SFA & SPL should be liable for any football debts that Rangers can't pay to other clubs. Why? Craig Whyte took over a year to decide wheter he would buy Rangers, and in all that time nobody from the SFA or SPL thought to themselves to ask him to submit to a fit and proper person test. He has been in charge at Rangers since May 2011 and only now in February 2012 are the SFA telling us that they don't even have any information on which to make a ruling!?! Does nobody find that bizarre?

Francis Albert

The Wallace money, their tax strategy is what has put them in administration which could cost us some of the Wallace money. I've yet to see anything which says for certain that we will have SPL money rediverted to us

[/quote

There is a very clear SPL rule that entitles the SPL Board to reallocate money from TV and sponsor money to clubs which are owed money.

If and when a CVA is achieved Rangers will no doubt claim the debt is settled and the rule therefore can't be applied. As I read it the SPL Board has considerable/unlimited discretion as to how to apply the rule and it would still be open to them (and fully in line with the clear intention of the rule) to cover any shortfall in payment to Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee United in this way.

If Rangers have gone and are replaced by a Newco, then all of what would have been the Rangers share of the TV money will be available anyway to be reallocated.

There are obviously uncertainties in this. What I don't understand is why there seems to be complete embargo in the media on even admitting the rule (and the principle it embodies) exists.

KingVlad.jpg

Mr Romanov knew he needed the umbrella to shelter him from the vitriol of some rouge elements in the Heart of Midlothian support.

Moulin%2BRouge.jpg

Francis Albert

I think Glasgow Rangers paid well over the odds for wallace.

They certainly paid well over the odds for lots of player. Not paying tax helps.

Craig Whyte took over a year to decide wheter he would buy Rangers, and in all that time nobody from the SFA or SPL thought to themselves to ask him to submit to a fit and proper person test. He has been in charge at Rangers since May 2011 and only now in February 2012 are the SFA telling us that they don't even have any information on which to make a ruling!?! Does nobody find that bizarre?

Bizarre, yes. Surprising, no.

All we've had from most of the press for the last week is the doom and gloom for Hearts, Dunfermline, and Dundee United having to share Rangers money woes. The very fact that the press en-masse have decided to ignore the SPL rule on paying football debts, really says it all as far as I'm concerned. These people who write this sort of stuff in the papers claim to be "in the know" as far as the game here is concerned. With some of what's been written they either are not or what's more likely, they are choosing to ignore this and hope the the SPL does as well.

He may be many things but Vlad is certainly not mad. He's more like some sort of latter day Cassandra speaking the truth about the future as he see's it - but no-one will believe him least of all the press here. They've been too busy taking in the lies fed to them else where and peddling it back to the public at large as the undisputable truth. The press here have now been shown up for what they really are - spineless, gutless and thoroughly bent.

So in 10 months the SFA progress into their investigation on Craig Whyte has got as far as writing some letters to his solicitors, who have told them NOTHING.

How long would this investigation have continued if Rangers had NOT gone into administration??

How many Scottish journalists were asking the SFA over this 10 month period for an update on the investigation?

Call me cynical, but if one of the BBC investigations into Romanov had found out what has been found out about Whyte, how long would it have taken the SFA to complete the process?

This is the body that runs Scottish football, and they have sat back and done nothing for 10 months while solicitors give them the run around? And nothing is wrong with our game in this country???

Guest GhostHunter

What strikes me as curious this week - is the appointment of former SFA chief - Gordon Smith as DOF at Rangers.

I don't like to call bananas bent, but they really are, not very straight.

any investigation into Whyte now is too late.The horse has bolted. He's played his part in the ultimate scam. I don't think he is intended to be Rangers long term owner.

I don't think any of us know what it was about, however it was settled at the end of last year so let's move on.

It was mentioned in the last accounts. How do you know it was settled?

Hopefully it has been settled and the matter whatever it was is behind the club.

Rudolf's Mate

any investigation into Whyte now is too late.The horse has bolted. He's played his part in the ultimate scam. I don't think he is intended to be Rangers long term owner.

This with bells on.

Also hawaii made a valid point with the BBC investigations re Vlad. Lets see if there is one forthcoming in connection with Whyte and even Murray!

thats crap, paye and nic is due on the 21st of each month unless you are a small company. interest will have been added, based on projected estimates, for each day they have exceeded this deadline

OK. Fair enough but it is still only this years books and it will be paid if they win their tax case.

As far as Rangers are concerned they did pay what was due and HMRC are fantasing about ?49 million.

I can understand why they are holding back payment for this year when HMRC are trying to kill the club.

This with bells on.

Also hawaii made a valid point with the BBC investigations re Vlad. Lets see if there is one forthcoming in connection with Whyte and even Murray!

There has already been a BBC expose on Whyte I think. SFA are investigating Rangers on an independent basis. SPL has deducted points as per their rules. HMRC are obviously in for their share and the administrators are in charge at Ibrox. I don't understand where the hysteria for more action is coming from.

You realise you posted it in the Cricket forum ?

Edit - somehow, I managed to post as yoy ?!?!

Sums up my IT skills! Thanks.

On a different note how come the Scotsman features rangers v Kilmarnock as the game of the day? Rangers have nothing to play for. Surely it should be 'well v Hearts.

OK. Fair enough but it is still only this years books and it will be paid if they win their tax case.

As far as Rangers are concerned they did pay what was due and HMRC are fantasing about ?49 million.

I can understand why they are holding back payment for this year when HMRC are trying to kill the club.

You think Rangers are in the right?

Fermit the Krog

:blink:

EDIT: MODS Just seen this posted in Rangers admin thread. Feel free to delete. Cheers

Published on Saturday 18 February 2012 00:00

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has attacked the way Rangers has run its affairs and criticised the Scottish football authorities for failing to impose a tougher punishment.

The Hearts owner, who has been a persistent and outspoken critic of what he sees as the establishment ever since he arrived in Scotland, gave his opinion as his club stand to lose around ?800,000 in transfer money still owing from the Lee Wallace move to Rangers. With administration now in place, and Hearts an unsecured creditor, there is very little expectation that Hearts will see more than a small fraction of the money that is still owed to the Tynecastle club.

?The bankruptcy of Rangers shows again how insolently and arrogantly operate the Scottish football mafia,? he blasted.

?They stole taxpayers? money, violating the rules of honest competition between the clubs. And for that were not even stripped of second place in the league table.

?And it was all happening while they desperately wanted to push Hearts into bankruptcy through the tax authorities and the league. They plotted conspiracies in our club and tried to spread panic.

?But in fact they needed all this just to distract attention from their own dubious activities.?

Hearts have had a number of financial glitches to deal with themselves, ranging from late payment of players? wages which culminated in the players? union and the SPL becoming involved, to the shadow of the HMRC which has issued a number of winding-up orders for non-payment which have always been resolved.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/vladimir_romanov_hits_out_at_authorities_over_rangers_punishment_1_2123995

Sounds about 'spot on' to me ...the only guy that has the guts to stand up to them. A bit 'same old stuff' from Vlad, but that's the way it is.

That truly has to rank as one of the biggest piles of shite I've ever read on here.

Incredible.

I don't know, we will find out soon enough though.

You're using quite strong language in support of Rangers if you don't know that they are in the right. Trying to reclaim ?79 million diverted from the public purse is "trying to kill" Rangers? Surely HMRC are absolutely correct to pursue this money?

I was writing from their point of view. As far as they are concerned they did nothing wrong at that point in time. The taxman thought he got it right with harry redknap and it ended up costing us 8 million.

WorldChampions1902

This is the bit I don't fully understand, especially in relation to similar events which have involved HMFC. I've been trying to think back to when HMFC were served with winding up orders over the recent past, and it seems, purely from memory, that it has been roughly every three months. This would suggest we were in the same position, regards PAYE etc. (although again we don't really know why HMFC have been getting served with these orders and what periods they relate to). If it was for non payment in the present tax year, why were similar orders not being served on Rangers. Is that the fault of the SPL or is it more likely a fault on behalf of HMRC (or, as I suspect, is this outstanding payment not from last season, and if so why were winding up orders not served on Rangers during the course of last season). In terms of this non payment failure to chase this appears to be down to HMRC rather than a matter for the SPL. It may well be the case that HMRC resources have all been swallowed up by the major investigation and they (HMRC) have overlooked this until now (not an unreasonable assumption to make about HMRC I would think).

Punishment may not have been delivered yet, but given there are so many investigations now ongoing it may yet come (although I suspect the major punishment is pretty inevitable, and that is the wind up of the company as it is presently constituted as a result of all the wrong doings, there in no punishment greater than that in reality).

WHY HMRC NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED

Firstly, let's just summarise what has been "alleged" all of which HMRC MUST have been aware of:-

1. Rangers owe ?9m+ in unpaid PAYE/NIC - a debt which allegedly started to accrue, the moment CW took over.

2. At the time point 1. became a 'reality', HMRC were also a long way into investigating the club over a potential ?49m (plus ?26m penalties/interest) tax avoidance scheme.

3. A BBC Scotland documentary raised a number of serious questions as to CW's suitability to hold Directorship over any company.

4. During that documentary, a senior official from a Government Agency intimated that CW should not be a company Director and suggested that CW's stewardship of previous companies made him ineligible to hold a Directorship. He also suggested that by being a company Director currently, he could be subject to a jail sentence if found guilty of breaches in those rules.

5. If Jim Traynor is to be believed, every media-monkey (and his dog) in the West of Scotland knew that CW had not been paying the clubs monthly PAYE bill.

6. Professional Football clubs are closely monitored by the tax authorities because of the large sums involved and their poor reputation for settling bills in a timely manner.

We are now living at a time when the Tax authorities are leaving no stone unturned as they attempt to close the tax gap. For example, the latest HMRC 'initiative' involves deploying extra manpower to investigate the tax affairs of people buying and selling on e-bay(!). So, why oh why did they allow Rangers to amass such a large debt over such a short period, given ALL of the above???? It all smacks of HMRC incompetence but if it's not, then all tax-paying citizens deserve an explanation.

If an MP was to demand an inquiry into HMRC's handling of this whole sorry affair, the increased public scrutiny Rangers would come under would IMHO have even greater repercussions on the Ibrox Club and for that reason, I don't expect it will happen.

I was writing from their point of view. As far as they are concerned they did nothing wrong at that point in time. The taxman thought he got it right with harry redknap and it ended up costing us 8 million.

Come on, as much as I like Harry. Redknapp he was as guilty as sin!!!

Bad example there mate.

The Real Maroonblood

Surely for any right thinking Scottish football club supporter this would be a great thing to happen?

Surely for any right thinking Scottish football club supporter this would be a great thing to happen?

Correct, but do you not feel IMA Maroon's pain, I do..........trollface.png

The Real Maroonblood

Correct, but do you not feel IMA Maroon's pain, I do..........trollface.png

:lol: :lol:

He has always had a soft spot for them. :rolleyes:

jack D and coke

I made my reasons pretty clear on another Rangers/SPL/SFA/Mafia/Monkeys bashing thread. If rangers die, go into the 3rd division or stay in the SPL I really wouldn't bat an eyelid either way. The things is I really couldn't give a **** what happens to Rangers but I would rather go to a packed tynecastle to watch us beat rangers than be part of the 11k beating some pish from the 1st division.

We all would Dazo but how often has it happened and with our predicament financially can we ever hope to do it again? Is it one season in 20 and then spend the rest of the time getting pumped and finishing 35-40 points behind them the rest of the time? I'm really bored of the SPL and i'd love to have a league without that pair. All the clubs would bring bigger supports i reckon cos we'd all have something to truly play for. Instead of looking at 3rd as the best your ever likely to get we could start every season with optimism that we could actually win the league. The OF have strangled and smothered the scottish game to the point almost nobody cares anymore. Look at the attendances when the OF turn up in teams own backyards now, they're pitiful! The average SPL football fan is bored shitless and i include myself in that. I'm sick to the back teeth of them. They could go today for me and i wouldn't blink. I don't think the huns will die but this week has been pretty f***** good thinking the mutants might disappear for good, if only.

The league would not die without them of that i'm almost certain.

So, you don't agree that the media "conspired", particularly in the David Murray years, to fall over backwards to protect and promote Rangers FC?

Members of the press have admitted they've known about some of the shenanigans since Whyte took over but said nothing. So, they conspired to keep it quiet!

If they did all this, and they did, that is a "conspiracy".

Yet again my point gets missed completely.

I'm not saying anything about whether they were conspiring to help Rangers, I'm quite happy for others to debate that to their hearts content.

My whole point was that Vlad mentions "conspiracy" and "mafia" in every statement he makes, whether its relevant or not. The poster who mentioned 'cry wolf' had it spot on.

Rangers should be booted down a division, i'm pretty sure this happens in other countries. And surely Uefa will ban them until they get there financial affairs sorted. If they don't there is no point in Platini telling teams to spending to wages structure.

A lot of supporters are forgetting that Rangers are still fighting the tax case in court. What is happening is, their interpretation of the law is being challenged.

I don't honestly believe Murray set out to break the law, he would have had financial experts & lawyers advising him that the PAYE scheme that Rangers used was legal.

That said, I believe Whyte is a con man, & will be found out big time shortly.

A lot of supporters are forgetting that Rangers are still fighting the tax case in court. What is happening is, their interpretation of the law is being challenged.

I don't honestly believe Murray set out to break the law, he would have had financial experts & lawyers advising him that the PAYE scheme that Rangers used was legal.

They arent fighting not having paid a single penny in any form of tax since cw tookover.

?It was totally and absolutely correctly administered, and the club met all their legal responsibilities and complied with all tax laws,? said the source. ?They took advice from top-notch lawyers and a whole battalion of the best accountants on a global level."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers_administration_key_witness_says_rangers_can_still_win_50m_tax_case_1_2125385

I like our games against the Old Firm, I was never in with the OFGTF brigade.

Archived