The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

This actually makes sense to me. He's saying that the SFA sanction was an embargo on all transfers in and out. Therefore if the SFA released registrations for Naismith, Whittaker et al to move to other clubs they would be breaking their own embargo.

The latest SFA statement says that newco/sevco/whatever they are called have a choice. Either accept the transfer embargo originally imposed OR go before the appellate tribunal and maybe get an ever worse penalty.

Until Green decides whether to stick or twist, the SFA won't release the player registrations. Technically therefore (maybe), all the players who were under contract to oldco and refused to transfer over are in limbo and will have to choose either to go back to Ibrox with their tails between their legs and ask McCoist if they can get a game OR wait for the courts to make a ruling on their cases which could take months if not years. Given Lee Wallace's special circumstances, that's why I'm not surprised he decided to transfer to newco.

But I thought they've sold john fleck?

The Mighty Thor

The clever lot in the bears den some are already making threats to SFL clubs that they should back them against Regan so that the 12 month transfer ban is not upheld or they will boycott visiting those clubs parks .

Another sign that those arrogant sods will not change .

They're not the brightest are the stickies.....

threaten clubs who've never had their business with a boycott?

That's like me saying i'm boycotting Patel's newsagent in Leighton Buzzard.

I can see only one reason why the SFA will not release the registrations...TUPE legislations says the players are free agents in respect as they did not want to transfer to newco...could that then be they remain with oldco????...but green thinks he has them as part of the asset sale...?...therefore Dufffer and flappers need to make them redundant???

colinmaroon

This actually makes sense to me. He's saying that the SFA sanction was an embargo on all transfers in and out. Therefore if the SFA released registrations for Naismith, Whittaker et al to move to other clubs they would be breaking their own embargo.

The latest SFA statement says that newco/sevco/whatever they are called have a choice. Either accept the transfer embargo originally imposed OR go before the appellate tribunal and maybe get an ever worse penalty.

Until Green decides whether to stick or twist, the SFA won't release the player registrations. Technically therefore (maybe), all the players who were under contract to oldco and refused to transfer over are in limbo and will have to choose either to go back to Ibrox with their tails between their legs and ask McCoist if they can get a game OR wait for the courts to make a ruling on their cases which could take months if not years. Given Lee Wallace's special circumstances, that's why I'm not surprised he decided to transfer to newco.

Point is, the embargo is not in place at the moment.

The court found against it and, therefore, it was suspended.

The SFA now cannot impose it but have to hand it back to the tribunal who could hit them harder.

So what the SFA are saying, rather than take that risk, Rangers (and if the SFA cert is passed onto NewCo, they are still liable to punsihments meted out to that "Share") can accept the transfer embargo rather than face the abyss of suspension from the league.

To escape the penalties, NewCo can drop the OldCo share route and apply as a new club and, of course, they haven't been in existence long enough to be able to apply.

Hence the furore!

They're not the brightest are the stickies.....

threaten clubs who've never had their business with a boycott?

That's like me saying i'm boycotting Patel's newsagent in Leighton Buzzard.

Racist.

colinmaroon

Racist.

Why is it racist to mention Ebenezer Fortescue McIntosh Patel?

Deidco Meltdown on twitter has, so far, been highly entertaining this evening. Talk of occupying Hampden, "paning" there windows in and Scotland is now a vile little country where the evil minority is dictating or something.

Lots of foaming at the mouth, mixed in with tears and snotters, you name it, it's all in there.

:jjyay:

yeh seemingly "we are all taigs and cheating fenian bassa`s or deluded hateful bigoted scum" and for what they actually think about celtic , SPL and SFA you`d think the CIA ran them with the conspiracy theories they have

John McClure

He's from Armadale. Does that make him an arsehole?

I'm from Armadale. Did having a ST for Tynecastle make me an arsehole?

Yes it does then, seeing as he isnt from glasgow :thumbsup:

Did having mmmmmmmm, intresting? You havent renewed then? Why? Because of McGlynn? Becasue of Black or Beattie or Skacel? Or something else?

The Mighty Thor

Racist.

:(

A timpathising anti-hun one at that.

I knew i should have edited it.

A slow start from Richard Gordon but he got there in the end

Richard Gordon started out adopting the succulent lamb approach, but tbf to him he ended being as tough as a bit of my wife's steak which has to be eaten to be believed.

Aye, thought he played a blinder, to be honest. Must have had Frost/Nixon out on DVD last night. Doncaster (who must go) was struggling and came across as a petulant fool.

kingantti1874

I am from armadale and can confirm most rangers fans are arseholes.

colinmaroon

Aye, thought he played a blinder, to be honest. Must have had Frost/Nixon out on DVD last night. Doncaster (who must go) was struggling and came across as a petulant fool.

Is it worth listening to the podcast?

Weeks and weeks of attempts by Doncaster and Regan to insert NewCo into the setup at a higher level than they deserve. But as soon as these attempts fail, now Regan's being a hardass about their registration?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is brilliant. Exactly what was asked for, in fact - if they want the advantages of being 'Rangers' then they have to take the downside too. However, if the SFA had shown the slightest inclination to get tough with them before now, they'd have got a lot more support fro the other clubs.

The only possible explanation is the obvious one - the delays and failure to act have all been due to their reluctance to stop milking the cash cow. Now they're consigned to SPL3, there's little point in being nice to them any more!

ToadKiller Dog

Edu and Capt America offski . Looks like its just Wallace and Elbows left with the kids .

Looks like a lot of ordinary workers to get sacked also i have sympathy for them .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Question, if Rangers/Sevco season ticket holders from the East are arseholes, what are Hearts season ticket holders from the West, such as myself, known as??

livingstonjambo

nternational players Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Dorin Goian are poised to leave Rangers with the blessing of newco chief executive Charles Green.

And Green has addressed non-playing staff about the prospect of widespread redundancies at Ibrox as a result of the club playing in Division Three.

"Goian has been very loyal, willing to stay in Division One, as have Edu and Bocanegra," said Green.

"But you can't expect international players to play in Division Three."

Green revealed he had already spoken to Goian's agent, who told him that the Romania defender had received several offers.

Continue reading the main story

?There will be jobs going - the implications are huge?

Charles Green

And, like Goian, USA duo Bocanegra and Edu have been absent from the club's training ground, having been granted an extended summer break.

The impending departures follows the refusal of stars like Steven Naismith, Steven Davis, Steven Whittaker, Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty, Jamie Ness and John Fleck to transfer their contracts over to Green's newco.

"We're going to lose some more now for different reasons than the others," added Green. "But we can understand and we thank these players for their loyalty."

With the old Rangers heading for liquidation, the Scottish Premier League clubs rejected an application for membership from the consortium led by Green that bought the club's assets.

And Scottish Football League clubs on Friday voted in favour of admitting the new club to Division Three instead of Division One.

If Scottish FA membership can be negotiated, Rangers are due to be re-launched in the Ramsden's Cup first round against Brechin at Glebe Park on 28 July.

While the playing staff has already been reduced drastically, it would seem that there will have to be further cuts.

"There will be jobs going - the implications are huge," explained Green.

Large scale redundancies were avoided when the Ibrox club went into administration in February, largely due to top players agreeing to 75% salary reductions.

International clearance for the transfers of Davis, Lafferty, Ness, Whittaker and Naismith has been put on hold as Green continues to dispute the players' status.

Naismith has moved to Everton, Whittaker has signed for Norwich and Ness has joined Stoke.

Northern Ireland duo Davis and Lafferty are at Southampton and Swiss side Sion respectively, while goalkeeper Allan McGregor has had talks with Turkish club Besiktas.

How can green decide who he wants to TUPE over???

Also how can he just make redundancies of non playing staff?? I thought the point of TUPE was to prevent this? :ermm:

livingstonjambo

Question, if Rangers/Sevco season ticket holders from the East are arseholes, what are Hearts season ticket holders from the West, such as myself, known as??

Civilised and educated :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood

Someone with class. :rolleyes:

Yes it does then, seeing as he isnt from glasgow :thumbsup:

Did having mmmmmmmm, intresting? You havent renewed then? Why? Because of McGlynn? Becasue of Black or Beattie or Skacel? Or something else?

Had a ST for over ten years but stopped three years ago.

Mostly financial reasons but was also missing quite a few games and made more sense to pick and choose games. :thumbsup:

Why do you support Hearts? I will assume its not because we win everything, thats the difference.

I am from armadale and can confirm most rangers fans are arseholes.

I worked in Armadale for 4 years and agree.

I was good friends with some Celtic supporters from the Dale and never had a problem. After the 88 semi I went back to St Anthonys Social Club in my Hearts gear and never had a problem. It probably helped as we got beat in the last five miuntes.

But go the Rangers supporters club at the cross in similar circumstances, no danger!

jamboinglasgow

Thats completely wrong, registration/transfer embargo is a ban on a club registering a player, nothing stops players leaving either for free or for a fee. So he is talking complete b********s.

Seen a couple of ideas from Rangers fans on twitter on alternatives, one suggested a 3 year suspension on it, funnily enough the length of time it would take for them to get into the SPL. The problem with that is that it is unfair on SFL clubs and as this is a SFA punishment not a SPL then it would be wrong. Rangers could buy 2nd division quality players for the third, get promoted and buy 1st division quality in the second and get promoted and so on till the SPL where they could have a decent SPL quality squad in the first division and just get promoted. So they have taken an advantage to get to the top, then take a punishment while they still had a squad ready for the SPL. Surely if your an SFL club fighting for promotion you would see this unfair that they get to avoid punishment while getting an advantage over you.

Also the supporters trust tweet that they should just follow the possible punishment of a maximum fine and Scottish Cup ban, but to me it shows that they ignore what was actually said and why the registration was actually given as a punishment. The point was that they felt that the crime was serious enough to warrant the ultimate punishment of expulsion but the committee felt they would be merciful on Rangers and give this lesser punishment. Point is that the Scottish cup ban is a lesser punishment than registration embargo. By arguing they should follow the listed punishments they will force the committee's hand to given the next punishment which is a years suspension.

kingantti1874

I worked in Armadale for 4 years and agree.

I was good friends with some Celtic supporters from the Dale and never had a problem. After the 88 semi I went back to St Anthonys Social Club in my Hearts gear and never had a problem. It probably helped as we got beat in the last five miuntes.

But go the Rangers supporters club at the cross in similar circumstances, no danger!

ach to be fair mate there are a lot of good guys as well- most are actually , but there is a hardcore of utter wankers - same people all the tine, not too many tick fans but a good undercurrent of jambos...Not had more fun walking about in hearts gear since 05/06

One of things that really gets me about the Orc supporters is their fantasy of watching Scottish football die by being in Div 3. Are they really that thick that they dont realise that if their fantasy comes true they will have no-one to play?

The vilest narrow-minded self-obsessed bigoted arseholes ever shat into society.

...a bit disco

Might sound a bit simplistic but, I assume, those players who have already found other clubs done so under the premise that they were contracted to no-one.Therefore, the 'in-out' two-way scenario isn't a factor?

Geoff Kilpatrick

One of things that really gets me about the Orc supporters is their fantasy of watching Scottish football die by being in Div 3. Are they really that thick that they dont realise that if their fantasy comes true they will have no-one to play?

The vilest narrow-minded self-obsessed bigoted arseholes ever shat into society.

Ah, but in those circumstances they think England will welcome them with open arms! :laugh:

[quote name=Floyd' timestamp='1342471055' post= :thumbsup:'3044984]

Missionaries. :thumbsup:

From the Beeb...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18862115

Get Spartans in!!

Any chance that Green might be the asset stripper - they cant get a licence as they wontt accept the transfer embargo - they have enough of a team - man up and take the pain

But Im kinda thinking they wont accept the ban - wont get a licence - cant enter the league - sell up and offski - and blame the SFA

Can't see how it can be in effect yet.

Edit - Point is already well covered.

Edited by Drumelzier

Geoff Kilpatrick

I could see Green liquidating the lot and Sevco disappearing!

Biffa Bacon

Any chance that Green might be the asset stripper - they cant get a licence as they wontt accept the transfer embargo - they have enough of a team - man up and take the pain

But Im kinda thinking they wont accept the ban - wont get a licence - cant enter the league - sell up and offski - and blame the SFA

Is he allowed to walk away?

No....no... they cant impose a transfer fan, green and fat ally, have 19 signings waiting in the wings + 5 stars of Euro 2012, that can't wait to ply their trade in Scotland's 4th tier. :blink:

Hagar the Horrible

Been at a conference all day dan sath can somebody give me an update of todays SPL meeting

Dundee are up, and as such I would guess that just leaves 9 clubs in div 3 until hunco get an SFA licence?

But I take it the gist is the SFA are playing hard ball, accept the sanction of the oldco which leved them with a 5 a side team mine could take

or no licence at all

Regan says,"To that end, we aim to meet with the club this week with the intention of achieving a satisfactory outcome for all parties so that we can focus on football in time for the new campaign."

Can't wait until judges start sitting down with rapist and murders to achieve a satisfactory outcome for all parties, I'm sure it's the way forward!

Hagar the Horrible

To be clear the transfer embargo was just for new players, they were able to offer extensions to existing players and those whose contracts has expired, also by the rulkes of administration they would be allowed to sign an emergency goal keeper

However that have more keepers than outfield players right now

They were allowed to sell players under administration so the embargo had the same rules

Edu and Capt America offski . Looks like its just Wallace and Elbows left with the kids .

Looks like a lot of ordinary workers to get sacked also i have sympathy for them .

it's a bit harsh but in any other company in administration for 6 months most would have been gone months ago.

At least they have had 6 months to try and find other employment whilst getting paid....

Sterling Archer

:softball:

...a bit disco

Rangers braced for SFA transfer embargo talks

The new Rangers' admission to the Third Division could be in doubt over the Scottish Football Association's demand that it accepts a transfer embargo imposed on the old company.

Ibrox chief executive Charles Green will meet the SFA on Tuesday in an attempt to resolve the issue.

"Without SFA membership, we can't play in the Third Division," said Green.

"They want to put some transfer embargo on us, but we can't have that as we don't have any players."

Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Dorin Goian are poised to leave Rangers with the blessing of Green, following the exits of several other first team players who refused to transfer their contracts to his company.

Scottish Football League clubs voted the newco Rangers into Division Three on Friday, rejecting a proposal by the SFA and Scottish Premier League to place them in the First Division.

The SPL, which previously rejected the newco application to replace the old Rangers, has now invited Dundee into the top flight and vowed to help smooth Rangers' path into the lowest tier.

But the SFA must first address the issue of a prior transfer ban and ?100,000 fine imposed on the previous regime for "bringing the game into disrepute".

"There's still a number of issues outstanding between Rangers and the SFA and we're working on them now," explained Green, who had been willing to shoulder the old club's footballing responsibilities when bargaining for SPL, then Division One, entry.

"The problem is that we have been discussing them for some time.

"It is a balance between what is fair and what's appropriate.

"We wish Dundee every success and we are now looking forward to reaching an agreement with the SFA so that we can get on and start playing in the Third Division."

Rangers are unable to play even pre-season friendly games without SFA membership.

However, the SFA has vowed to resolve the outstanding issues with Rangers ahead of their opening fixture, away to Brechin City in the Ramsdens Cup on 28 July.

"Scottish football's recovery process begins today," it said in a statement.

"The board of the Scottish FA endorses the decisions made by the respective members of the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League to accommodate Rangers FC Newco into Division Three.

"The new season begins in less than two weeks and it is incumbent on the Scottish FA to conclude all outstanding issues relating to Rangers FC.

"To that end, we aim to meet with the club this week with the intention of achieving a satisfactory outcome for all parties so that we can focus on football in time for the new campaign."

Meanwhile, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster has said there is still the possibility of sanctions being levied as a result of the old Rangers' administration's behaviour in the transfer market.

Doncaster told BBC Scotland the SPL will now look at the Employee Benefits Trust scheme operated by the Rangers oldco and the possibility that players were improperly registered.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18862115

jamboinglasgow

Surely the have an under 19 team that can step up.

In theory they should be able to step, Rangers have a lot talented players in their ranks but they also need a couple of the more experenced players to stay to aid them through it as otherwise it could be a steep learning curve. Though I am still interested to know if their youth academy is still a separate company and whatever happens to Rangers club they can continue onwards.

<br />I could see Green liquidating the lot and Sevco disappearing!<br />

That was the threat made on the steps of Ibrox to bomber Brown was it not?

...a bit disco

Ronnie MacKay ?@RonnieMacKay Ian Black says he would be willing to play for Rangers newco in the Third Division. In Tuesday's Scottish Sun.

:blink: Okey dokey then!

Edited by ...a bit disco

Regans fecked!

The dreaded 'vote of confidence'.!

Statement from Scottish FA Board

Monday, 16 July 2012

Statement issued on behalf of the Scottish FA Board:

?Scottish football?s recovery process begins today. The Board of the Scottish FA endorses the decisions made by the respective members of the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League to accommodate Rangers FC Newco into the Irn Bru Division Three. ?The Scottish FA Board are also wholly committed to Stewart Regan driving this process forward. Since being appointed Chief Executive, he has led us through an unprecedented modernisation of the Scottish FA. ?He has our full support to continue the excellent work undertaken so far in accomplishing the key objectives of our strategic plan, Scotland United: A 2020 Vision. This will remain the Board?s priority as we move forward. ?The new season begins in less than two weeks and it is incumbent on the Scottish FA to conclude all outstanding issues relating to Rangers FC. To that end, we aim to meet with the club this week with the intention of achieving a satisfactory outcome for all parties so that we can focus on football in time for the new campaign.?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10203&newsCategoryID=1

This was no doubt composed by the current President of the SFA who is none other than Campbell (I'm a Rangers Fan and no nothing about EBT's) Ogilvie!!!

All i have heard from rangers fans is that they cant wait to go into the 3rd division and watch all our teams crumble without them so yeah my sympathy levels are back to zero.

It seems to me that not only do most Rangers fan think this way but so do Rangers "people" in the Media..... May I bring to attention to the court Mr Dodds Last musings in the Sunday Herald!!!! :teehee:

It seems to me that not only do most Rangers fan think this way but so do Rangers "people" in the Media..... May I bring to attention to the court Mr Dodds Last musings in the Sunday Herald!!!! :teehee:

Must have been written on his behalf as I reckon jug lugs struggles to compose a sentence in his head, never mind commit one to paper.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic