The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Stuart Lyon

Good news that Weatherseal are continuing there sponsorship but there is a downside - they won't be doing sash windows|

yvonnejambo

...Did they not just have an AGM though? :ermm:

that was SPL AGM today I think and SFA one is later

Edited by yvonnejambo

<br />I can see them taking a year out of football tbh.<br />

A year out then they come back in to a restructured league set up!!<br />

One season out as opposed to potentially minimum 3 years working their way up.<br />

I might be way off the mark here but nothing would surprise me at the moment.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

So how can you they affored to just take a year out?

What happens to all their players they still have including all of their youth players.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Carl Spackler

I've said it before but I feel sorry for the Rangers fans in this. There's plenty of them acted like spoilt children in the whole affair but ultimately they've bee [Mod Edit]ed over by a number custodians and I still think the current guy is a chancer too.

I can't believe the brass neck of Doncaster on Sportsound. He should be emptied by the SPL NOW, he should not be allowed near the sponsors of Sky. Apart from the fact that he continued to try and prop up the old system he was the one that negotiated a very s**t TV deal in the first place.

Regan's email certainly showed some audacity. He's now faced with having to wield the axe and I think this is ultimately what he's been trying to avoid. The SFA are happy to keep him on to let him finish the job.

The important thing is looking to the future setup. Rangers will be part of it. Even though they will not be there next season I think this is ultimately better for them in the long run anyway.

The likes of Regan and Doncaster should play no part in the new plan. They simply aren't good enough and Doncaster in particular has shown a stunning lack of understanding of his customer.

The consultation must now begin and partisan attitudes must not dictate what happens next.

Edited by JKBMod 9

Victor Meldrew

I've said it before but I feel sorry for the Rangers fans in this. There's plenty of them acted like spoilt children in the whole affair but ultimately they've bee [Mod Edit]ed over by a number custodians and I still think the current guy is a chancer too.

I don't. They've been arrogant pr!**s for so long now that I love the fact they're getting their comeuppance. It still annoys e that so many of the think they're being treated badly and 'punished' unfairly. They aren't. The whole SPL/SFL thing simply arises out of the fact that they are a new club and need to apply for membership.

Quite frankly, they can all go [Mod Edit} themselves.

Edited by JKBMod 9

...a bit disco

Tom Miller ?@TomCommentator SFA fully aware players who have left Rangers. They have not released registrations. If do already illegal embargo has to be null & void !

:blink:

Eh?

How does that pish even follow?

Edited by ...a bit disco

Dean Winchester

that was SPL AGM today I think and SFA one is later

Fairly sure the SFA's was last month.

Edited by Dean Winchester

The question for Green is 'does he want really want the oldco membership, because all of the EBT, dual contract baggage comes with it".

If he refuses then there goes your history 100%.

yvonnejambo

I don't. They've been arrogant pr!**s for so long now that I love the fact they're getting their comeuppance. It still annoys e that so many of the think they're being treated badly and 'punished' unfairly. They aren't. The whole SPL/SFL thing simply arises out of the fact that they are a new club and need to apply for membership.

Quite frankly, they can all go [ModEdit] themselves.

All i have heard from rangers fans is that they cant wait to go into the 3rd division and watch all our teams crumble without them so yeah my sympathy levels are back to zero.

Edited by JKBMod 9

...a bit disco

Rangers media is a hoot :lol: :lol:

http://forum.rangers...pic=231690&st=0

They are :seething:

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

Its almost as if they are trying to put obstacles in our way............

:rofl:

Or even......

Posted Today, 04:41 PM

Imposing a signing ban on the club with virtually no senior players. They don't like to hide their hatred, do they?

:rofl: :rofl:

Edited by ...a bit disco

livingstonjambo

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

Its almost as if they are trying to put obstacles in our way............

I did like

Posted Today, 04:53 PM

If they want to do that then we should get an injunction and stop the league for a year.

How exactly are they going to do that??? They are not an SFA meber which means they have no right to be in the league.... :whistling:

There are many decent Rangers fans. However the majority are horrible bigots who deserve everything they get, so they'll no be getting my sympathy.

Carl Spackler

Quite frankly, they can all go **** themselves.

I don't venture into their forums, there must be some decent ones?

I can't believe the brass neck of Doncaster on Sportsound. He should be emptied by the SPL NOW, he should not be allowed near the sponsors of Sky. Apart from the fact that he continued to try and prop up the old system he was the one that negotiated a very s**t TV deal in the first place.

He claimed that the existing deal was drawn up before he joined. But the new deal - as yet unsigned - must have been his doing and I bet it has the same 4 x OF games a season condition in it.

Toxteth O'Grady

Regan's email certainly showed some audacity. He's now faced with having to wield the axe and I think this is ultimately what he's been trying to avoid. The SFA are happy to keep him on to let him finish the job.

The important thing is looking to the future setup. Rangers will be part of it. Even though they will not be there next season I think this is ultimately better for them in the long run anyway.

The likes of Regan and Doncaster should play no part in the new plan. They simply aren't good enough and Doncaster in particular has shown a stunning lack of understanding of his customer.

The consultation must now begin and partisan attitudes must not dictate what happens next.

Regan and Donkey must go, they have talked the posts rangers product down to the point where they just can't sell what we have now.

As for feeling sorry for ther fans then lets just agree to differ, when they were lording it over everyone winning titles and idolising all their highly paid players I'm sure they didn't spare a thought for the rest of us. They enjoyed the "good" times so they can suffer the bad. F.T.Huns

Edited by JKBMod 9

Harry Palmer

Deidco Meltdown on twitter has, so far, been highly entertaining this evening. Talk of occupying Hampden, "paning" there windows in and Scotland is now a vile little country where the evil minority is dictating or something.

Lots of foaming at the mouth, mixed in with tears and snotters, you name it, it's all in there.

:jjyay:

Some points to note from tonights Sportsound.

1. Doncaster can only be sacked by the SPL chairmen. As fans if you are happy for him to keep his job then do nothing. If you want him sacked then start emailing your club asking them to raise a request 14 days prior to the next SPL meeting so that it can be included in the agenda.

2. Doncaster's ?18m loss is made up of EVERY sponsor pulling out of supporting the SPL. This is based on the amounts lined up to start from next season (not what is currently paid) so how you can lose what you don't yet have I haven't yet worked out. After the blog by A Saint In Asia pointing out how p!sh this amount actually is for our league, instead of negotiating DOWN from the ?80m on the table from Sky & ESPN we should be telling them to ram it and launch SPL tv or invite new bids for a 16 team league. I'm sure Sky will offer more cash if ESPN & BT get serious.

3. Oldco have yet to actually be punished by the SPL. You might wonder why as they haven't exactly been shy previously in dishing out punishments in the past, but that's beside the point. One thing glaring by it's ommission though was any chat about what would happen to SPL office bearers who were found to have known about EBT's and/or received EBT's while completing paperwork at the SPL on oldco's behalf declaring that players only had one contract. If there is a case to answer then shouldn't the SPL office bearers also be answering the same questions?

A slow start from Richard Gordon but he got there in the end, probably goaded into it though by the tone of the emails and tweets read out from fans towards Doncaster, as prior to that it had reminded me of Chick Young interviewing David Murray.

CF11JamTart

All i have heard from rangers fans is that they cant wait to go into the 3rd division and watch all our teams crumble without them so yeah my sympathy levels are back to zero.

Snap.

AND... since when did they care what happened to scottish football in general? So why should Scottish football bend the rules to accommodate them.

"you'll crumble without us....".

Really? They weren't that bothered when they were whoring themselves to EPL. And [Mod Edit]ing up the game by tapping up players, etc etc etc.

Edited by JKBMod 9

...a bit disco

Deidco Meltdown on twitter has, so far, been highly entertaining this evening. Talk of occupying Hampden, "paning" there windows in and Scotland is now a vile little country where the evil minority is dictating or something.

Lots of foaming at the mouth, mixed in with tears and snotters, you name it, it's all in there.

:jjyay:

Just as well Weatherseal reaffirmed their support for the game in Scotland then, ain't it?

'paning'.

...and Scotland is now a vile little country where the evil minority is dictating or something.

See, they are just like their friends from across the city. Never in doubt.

<br />There are many decent Rangers fans. However the majority are horrible bigots who deserve everything they get, so they'll no be getting my sympathy.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

None of them seem to understand that at this moment in time they are not even a club.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The Mighty Thor

At times someone has to point out the realities of life........... now like it or not Reagan and Doncaster are the people at the top of the respective organisations and their job is to present the details and possible consequences to the clubs (as well as possible options ala SPL 2)

They however failed to make it clear to the clubs and fans of said clubs that the propositions being floated were just that, items for discussion and not demands being made to the clubs or they were aware of what they were doing and were 'forcing' clubs to lean towards a lesser punishment for newco (in that case they really got caught out and with terrible briefings to clubs and the media making stupid statements about promising newco in league 1) ......., they then totally misread the feelings of the fans (as did the clubs at the start of the discussions) and were hit with a tidal wave of anger and frustration at what was seen as money over right.

There were times when even then they could have stepped back and rethought the whole process but seemed to act like 2 men in a barrel going over Niagara falls not realising what was going to happen.

As well as the above they were caught up in a terrible process of rules and regulations which allowed a club to go to court and fight judgements with no consequences and had to wait for one step to happen before the next could take place which simply strung out this whole sorry episode.

So were they acting believing they had the backing of the clubs or did they strike out on their own ?

They are fighting for their jobs now especially Reagan and even if they win that fight has all confidence in them gone ?

With respect neither Regan or Doncaster has acted with anything approaching leadership.

They have sat on a brewing and far reaching scandal since Feb 14th. They have acted with a deliberate tardiness hoping that events would even themselves out, hoping that successive 'saviours' were going to ride in and take away the need for action and decision-making. It didn't happen. It was never going to happen.

They were then isolated in a position where they were so far away from their core customers that they panicked and were overtaken by events, events they should have dictated and decided on months previously.

Confidence in them? I'd suggest that the chairmen of the SPL clubs send someone other than Doncaster to the meetings with the 'commercial partners' as I wouldn't trust Neil with a message line and a tenner.

And as for Regan? to paraphrase 'it's off to the job centre'

ToadKiller Dog

Sadly for the Orc Hordes its not in their genetic makeup to learn anything or change while they are away .

So many of them just seem to want to live up to the thick thugish stereotype that goes with supporting that team .

I would hope they use the time to reflect and if they do get the chance to play for the top honours again they do so in a more sporting style ,I have my doubts

Us wee diddy teams to them have to make this work make Scottish football a far better a more honest game more competitive game than when it was under their stewardship .

Neilson's Shank

Richard Gordon started out adopting the succulent lamb approach, but tbf to him he ended being as tough as a bit of my wife's steak which has to be eaten to be believed. PS she never reads JKB, however if my boy Torsten Frings dobs me in I could be in trouble.

The Team Formerly Known As will play away to Queens Park on the 29th December. The oldest and newest Scots clubs in opposition, during the holidays. ?12 a ticket. If there is not a full house for that then it is the Sevco supporters who are deliberately destroying Scots' football. Personally, I'm delighted I only have two return train rides from hell to games this coming season.

Edited by Big D

Quite frankly, they can all go **** themselves.

Was out for a few beers with one of my best mates at the weekend who is a Rangers ST and it was clear that he was really hurting. He's not a bigot, he's not an arsehole. Just a guy that loves his club. He's paid his money over the years and has been badly let down by those running the club. Not all Rangers fans are arseholes, not all Celtic fans are arseholes, not all Hibs fans are arseholes.

Controversial, but true. :thumbsup:

Toxteth O'Grady

Richard Gordon started out adopting the succulent lamb approach, but tbf to him he ended being as tough as a bit of my wife's steak which has to be eaten to be believed. PS she never reads JKB, however if my boy Torsten Frings dobs me in I could be in trouble.

:lol:

If Torsten dobbs you in you'll have to settle for a ryming slang with your user name :rofl:

I actually feel sorry for the Rangers fans*.

*This is a lie - GIRFUY

The Comedian

Was out for a few beers with one of my best mates at the weekend who is a Rangers ST and it was clear that he was really hurting. He's not a bigot, he's not an arsehole. Just a guy that loves his club. He's paid his money over the years and has been badly let down by those running the club. Not all Rangers fans are arseholes, not all Celtic fans are arseholes, not all Hibs fans are arseholes.

Tough shit for him tae...

:smugger:

I was buying that arguement right up till you mentioned the Hibs fans. :whistling:

This.

Every time I start to feel a little bit of sympathy, one of them comes out with the "you'll all be sorry and we'll laugh at youse" pish and I think...nah, **** 'em.

Getintaethem

If Regan now follows the rules Rangers (newco) will either have to accept the transfer ban and other punishments or dissappear into the footballing wilderness for three years.

colinmaroon

There is only forgiveness where there is genuine admission of guilt, repentance and humility.

Score ZERO on all three counts for 99% of the Orcs.

The Comedian

If Regan now follows the rules Rangers (newco) will either have to accept the transfer ban and other punishments or dissappear into the footballing wilderness for three years.

They might not surface again after a 3 year absence.

:glorious:

John McClure

I assume your from Edinburgh or the Lothians, and that your mate is too, so in that instance, IF he is a east-coaster with a hun season ticket, then he is an arsehole :thumbsup:

Feck 'em.

Tom Miller ?@TomCommentator SFA fully aware players who have left Rangers. They have not released registrations. If do already illegal embargo has to be null & void !

:blink:

Eh?

How does that pish even follow?

This actually makes sense to me. He's saying that the SFA sanction was an embargo on all transfers in and out. Therefore if the SFA released registrations for Naismith, Whittaker et al to move to other clubs they would be breaking their own embargo.

The latest SFA statement says that newco/sevco/whatever they are called have a choice. Either accept the transfer embargo originally imposed OR go before the appellate tribunal and maybe get an ever worse penalty.

Until Green decides whether to stick or twist, the SFA won't release the player registrations. Technically therefore (maybe), all the players who were under contract to oldco and refused to transfer over are in limbo and will have to choose either to go back to Ibrox with their tails between their legs and ask McCoist if they can get a game OR wait for the courts to make a ruling on their cases which could take months if not years. Given Lee Wallace's special circumstances, that's why I'm not surprised he decided to transfer to newco.

colinmaroon

My link

Sorry if already posted but heres link from bbc about getting Regan out

Here are a few of Doncaster's wormy words today: "The reality is that the executive here at the SPL, just like the SFL, do not have a vote.

"We cannot lead the discussion, we cannot advise, but we can lie, we can bully, we can change direction quicker than a cheetah chasing an antelope, [and] ultimately the votes on where the game will be taken are made by the clubs themselves."

Some editing to bring the statement back towards reality.

ToadKiller Dog

I know a few Orcs most are decent people vertainly not the tattoo bigot types ,some are the sterotype old firm fan,but they are all still stuck in the Sandy Jardine mode of wanting revenge on the rest of Scottish football ,living in hope for Scottish football to crumble while they surge back to the top which they are conditioned to expect is theirs by divine right .

Until that changes i have not time for them in terms of football , I hope if they are lucky enough to get to play for the top honours again they do so in a better way . I also hope they take the time to engage with the sectarian problem ingrained in their clubs Psyche . I have my doubts they are capable of either .

The Real Maroonblood

I don't venture into their forums, there must be some decent ones?

The dead ones. :rolleyes:

The question for Green is 'does he want really want the oldco membership, because all of the EBT, dual contract baggage comes with it".

If he refuses then there goes your history 100%.

History does not go with membership....once oldco is liquidated history is "history".

I assume your from Edinburgh or the Lothians, and that your mate is too, so in that instance, IF he is a east-coaster with a hun season ticket, then he is an arsehole :thumbsup:

He's from Armadale. Does that make him an arsehole?

I'm from Armadale. Did having a ST for Tynecastle make me an arsehole?

This.

:spoton:

ToadKiller Dog

The clever lot in the bears den some are already making threats to SFL clubs that they should back them against Regan so that the 12 month transfer ban is not upheld or they will boycott visiting those clubs parks .

Another sign that those arrogant sods will not change .

Robbo's son?

That's a fairly tenuous length to go to, Damon. However, incredible as this may seem, I don't give a shiny shite about Robbo's son.

So.......aye.

That's a fairly tenuous length to go to, Damon. However, incredible as this may seem, I don't give a shiny shite about Robbo's son.

So.......aye.

No problemo :thumbsup:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic