The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Page 12 todays Scotsman full page spread SKY sports 'unbeatable experience' advert with most prominent picture of Celtic player advertising SPL. I quote -unmissable live action Scottish Premier League, UEFA Championship League, Barclays Premier league npower Champoinship. In that order I assume for a Scottish audience. Does not sound like a broadcaster who is about to pull the plug on Scottish football completely? Renegotiated Sky deal maybe but no sky deal doubt it.

I P Knightley

BREAKING NEWS

Record Sport understands the SFA want Rangers to accept sanctions ? including the 12-month transfer ban they received last season and a commitment to pay debts to other clubs ? before issuing the licence.

- now that 'Rangers' or Newco are a diddy team as far as revenue over the coming year is concerned, they will find they are no longer given the expected favourable treatment.

If they want to be 'Rangers' they have to accept the sanctions and rules.

...in Alva!

;)

Green:

?Nobody is walking away from the problems created by the previous owners but they have now been laid bare. The sanctions have been taken, the manager and Board and all the employees have had to deal with that.

?I addressed staff today and there will be job losses.

Well we know three of the players are walking away, the poor staff made redundant will have to walk away, not their fault of course,

and

" the sanctions have been taken"

he says this, what on earth does he mean? Been taken by who? what are 'the sanctions' They are not the oldco penalties - are they?

as they have not yet been pressed upon his Newco. They may be very soon though.

- this green guy talks like weasel Doncaster.

I Just got a text from a mate who normally gets things right saying Green is refusing to name his backers and as such they will not give them the Licence they need till he does, the problem for Green is he cant/and wont name them because if he does he wont get a licence so its lose lose for Mr Green.

This is why he has backed down and is saying he will acept all sanctions and fines he needs the licence but Regan and SFA Are now playing hardball to avoid another Craig Whyte situation, they are demanding to know where the money s coming from.

Green is now between a rock and a hard place, theres a lot more to come out the woodwork yet regards Greens Shady investors/backers. :down:

Interesting mate.

Do you think the problem is that Whyte is still involved or is there another dodgy backer who wouldn't pass the fit and proper person test?

Francis Albert

You're forcing me to be reasonable about the man (so are due me an apology) but I thought that that was his role - to ensure the commercial success of the Scottish Premier League? His lot look after the "product" - it's just that he's pathetic at doing it. That isn't a role that particularly requires in-depth knowledge of the game/competition but it needs someone strong in marketing and politically astute.

You have a point but that goes too far. He is Chief Executive of the SPL not just Marketing Director or Head of Sales. A key to his role must be understanding and being able to some extent anticipate the views of his member clubs (which for example he failed to do in pushing his ten club league, which he kept saying was the "only way" and had the support of the clubs). Also, to the extent he interacts with other parts of the game in Scotland (eg the recent debacle with Rangers/Sevco, and any other plans for reconstruction or improving the game, to the longer term benefit of the SPL), he has to have an understanding of the views and motivation of others outside the SPL. He has proven not only to be a hapless marketing man, but a truly abysmal Chief Executive. At one time I thought he was all show and no substance. It's clear now even the show is fifth rate.

I P Knightley

I Just got a text from a mate who normally gets things right saying Green is refusing to name his backers and as such they will not give them the Licence they need till he does, the problem for Green is he cant/and wont name them because if he does he wont get a licence so its lose lose for Mr Green.

This is why he has backed down and is saying he will acept all sanctions and fines he needs the licence but Regan and SFA Are now playing hardball to avoid another Craig Whyte situation, they are demanding to know where the money s coming from.

Green is now between a rock and a hard place, theres a lot more to come out the woodwork yet regards Greens Shady investors/backers. :down:

This has been consistent since he arrived on the scene. He had that spell where he started making up names (like Keyser Soze looking around the police office and taking inspiration from whatever he saw to create his story) but since having his bluff called folk have largely left the question unasked as they know that Green will not give a straight answer - and for one of two possible reasons: (1) that there are no backers - he has no intention of running the company beyond a break up of the assets or (2) the backers are as dodgy as Craig Whyte.

Regan is acting like the bully's sidekick who does the bidding of the bully but when the wee guys gang together and give the bully a hiding, the sidekick turns table and joins in the hiding. He floats with the wind and is of no substance whatsoever. In the scenario mentioned earlier, I'd make him dig Doncaster's shallow grave and he'd probably do so whimpering and snotty.

From last night: Green said

"Without SFA membership, we can't play in the Third Division," said Green.

"They want to put some transfer embargo on us, but we can't have that as we don't have any players."

- eh? that sentence has no logic. They have some players, assuming they get their Licence . They can and should have the one year

transfer embargo ( and they better pay their 100,000 fine too)

What about our ?800,000?

Lastly I sense Green's backers, will asset strip if they can get away with it, failure to get their SFA licence would be a good enough reason.

They have plenty of players, what they have now is enough to win SFL3 and maybe even SFL2....will they have to do it with younger players, yes, but welcome to reality like the rest of us!

Wonder when and if Lee Wallace will jump ship. He can wave good bye to taking part in the wc qualifiers... something I'm sure he'd be involved in if playing at the right level.

Just listened to the sportsound podcast with Neil Doncaster and I've never heard anyone who is about to go into negotiations about a product talk it down so badly or at best hint at the product now being a lot worse since contracts were drawn up. The mans a complete idiot.

I P Knightley

You have a point but that goes too far. He is Chief Executive of the SPL not just Marketing Director or Head of Sales. A key to his role must be understanding and being able to some extent anticipate the views of his member clubs (which for example he failed to do in pushing his ten club league, which he kept saying was the "only way" and had the support of the clubs). Also, to the extent he interacts with other parts of the game in Scotland (eg the recent debacle with Rangers/Sevco, and any other plans for reconstruction or improving the game, to the longer term benefit of the SPL), he has to have an understanding of the views and motivation of others outside the SPL. He has proven not only to be a hapless marketing man, but a truly abysmal Chief Executive. At one time I thought he was all show and no substance. It's clear now even the show is fifth rate.

I think we agree - the point I wanted to make was that the CEO needn't be a man with a football background.

Marketing is often confused with (or simplified to) advertising and sales. My understanding is that the purpose of marketing is to understand your 'market' and cater for them which includes the point I highlighted above. He's got to know what his constituents want and to be able to work the marketplace, to talk up the product and to snare the best possible commercial deals.

Jambof3tornado

The man has no backers at all and whyte is still involved. Bdo will reveal all and duff and flapps will get a telling off from the regulators!

Interesting mate.

Do you think the problem is that Whyte is still involved or is there another dodgy backer who wouldn't pass the fit and proper person test?

Well thats the problem no one knows or can find out anything about Blue Pitch Holdings is one of the backers who put up money and hold a substatial amount of shares,If they go ahead and grant the licence and it is found out the money is dirty/Laundered the ramifications on those who dished out the licence without propr due diligence would be catastrophic.

So Regan SFA Ar now at last playing Hardball with Green its name them full disclosure or no licence, Green has dug his heels in on this matter and is refusing point blank to name them, hence his speedily arranged face to face meeting today in a lst ditch to sort things out.

If they are dodgy and he names them NO LICENCE, If he refuses to name them NO LICENCE.

NO LICENCE NO FOOTBALL.

Well thats the problem no one knows or can find out anything about Blue Pitch Holdings is one of the backers who put up money and hold a substatial amount of shares,If they go ahead and grant the licence and it is found out the money is dirty/Laundered the ramifications on those who dished out the licence without propr due diligence would be catastrophic.

So Regan SFA Ar now at last playing Hardball with Green its name them full disclosure or no licence, Green has dug his heels in on this matter and is refusing point blank to name them, hence his speedily arranged face to face meeting today in a lst ditch to sort things out.

If they are dodgy and he names them NO LICENCE, If he refuses to name them NO LICENCE.

NO LICENCE NO FOOTBALL.

Who is Green meeting with today? The SFA?

I think that as everyone of the Scottish footballing bodies has tried to push for sevco at every opportunity that there will be comprimises made. I think they will get their licence (maybe some conditions put on it), the embargo on signing will be altered to missing a season in the Scottish cup (saves a conflict between the court ruling and SFA's ruling) along with a higher fine. IMO

jambosean75

He's from Armadale. Does that make him an arsehole?

I'm from Armadale. Did having a ST for Tynecastle make me an arsehole?

Yes. The fact that your both from Armadale does indeed make you areseholes. :whistling:

Rick Grimes

What a delicious turn of events.... do we have any idea of a deadline on them accepting their spanking?

It's now too late for them to avoid playing in SFL3 so there's no point in Green/Whyte waiting any longer before finally liquidating what's left and disappearing.

Might even happen before Friday.

Wonder when and if Lee Wallace will jump ship. He can wave good bye to taking part in the wc qualifiers... something I'm sure he'd be involved in if playing at the right level.

Just listened to the sportsound podcast with Neil Doncaster and I've never heard anyone who is about to go into negotiations about a product talk it down so badly or at best hint at the product now being a lot worse since contracts were drawn up. The mans a complete idiot.

to be honest Romanov did a bit of a ratners when he first started going on about selling hearts

Good news that Weatherseal are continuing there sponsorship but there is a downside - they won't be doing sash windows|

Excellent!!

Harry Palmer

East Stirling statement on why they voted NO...

http://www.eaststirlingshirefc.com/2012/07/14/sfl-special-meeting-why-we-voted-no/

The board of East Stirlingshire Football Club, having deliberated long and hard, voted against allowing Rangers to be admitted to the Scottish Football League First Division at Friday?s Special General Meeting of the league at Hampden Park.

We are acutely aware that the club had made no official statement on this situation prior to the vote taking place. Now that the issue has been resolved the board feels the time is right to offer an explanation to our own supporters.

Our primary consideration was the viewpoint expressed to us by the club?s loyal followers. East Stirlingshire is a club whose biggest single shareholder is the supporters trust, making it effectively fan-owned and fan-run.

It would be impossible under those circumstances not to consider their views as paramount. And the truth is that where those opinions were expressed there was a majority against allowing Rangers to compete in the First Division.

There also seemed to us to be a wider consensus among Scottish football supporters that this should not happen. Those views were part of our consideration too.

Secondly, the board felt the draft Head of Terms distributed on Wednesday evening did not merit our support. The new voting structure for a merged league, we felt, would mean a loss of influence for our club.

The measures designed to bring about league reconstruction seemed at best nebulous with an idea for a pyramid structure, something which might have direct bearing on our league status, very similar to one which SFL clubs rejected in April.

However, the board has always supported a proper pyramid system which encompasses all senior, junior and amateur clubs in Scotland and believes in positive change to the way the leagues are organised. But it does not support quick fixes.

The idea that we might vote in favour of this proposal partly on the basis of a share of a ?1 million payment for TV rights would have made economic sense, but in a debate which has been dominated by moral and sporting arguments we can easily guess the wrath we as a board would have faced from our own supporters for going down that route.

Thirdly, last year East Stirlingshire Football Club was presented with a threat to its own existence from debts to HMRC. Debts which the new board, which has only been in place for a year, had to make real sacrifices and unpalatable decisions to pay, otherwise HMRC would have wound us up. We endured a heavy price for those decisions, both on and off the pitch, but we did so to protect the continued existence of the club while at the same time ensuring all our creditors were paid in full. This had a real impact on our deliberations in this matter and rightly so.

We have noted and taken on board the warnings made by Mr Regan and Mr Doncaster of the financial implications of not allowing Rangers into the First Division. Were these to become a reality then there is no doubt that life would become a real financial struggle and that the future of the club itself would not be certain.

Nevertheless, our club is familiar with such struggles and would take whatever steps are necessary to try our best to mitigate against this, no matter how this might influence performances on the pitch.

None of us wish these gloomy predictions to come true. That said, we believe Scottish football has reached the place it currently finds itself in as the result of over-ambition and bad planning.

To predicate the financial health of the top levels of Scottish football on the televising of four Rangers Celtic matches a season was never wise when such a plan was agreed and looks even less wise now.

The misguided belief that Scotland could become a mini-version of England by using the power and wealth of television to fund the game has at last been exposed.

It is time to reduce the dependency on TV money, downsize our clubs and, most importantly, call a halt to rampant wage inflation where players are concerned, not just in the SPL but in the SFL too.

It is time for clubs to form an even stronger alliance with local business and their local communities to provide the greater part of their income through sponsorship and at the turnstiles. If that means we all have less money to spend as clubs without a lucrative TV deal, then so be it.

Supporters of our own club and fans of others have told us that what they wanted was the principle of fair play upheld in this case. We, and others, have listened and tried to deliver that.

Now it is up to everyone to work together to take advantage of that groundswell by generating higher attendances at matches in a Scottish football landscape that has been altered by today?s vote.

East Stirlingshire Football Club feels no ill-will towards Rangers FC in all of this. We wish them all the best and, furthermore, hope that the Rangers Supporters Trust is successful in securing a major stake in the company which now owns the club, for we believe fan-owned clubs is the right way to go.

Their supporters have suffered and from what we have been able to observe seem to accept the culpability of those in positions of responsibility within the organisation. We hope everyone has learned an important lesson for Scottish football as a whole; that hubris is normally followed by nemesis and instead of, in the first instance, trying to reach for the stars clubs should strive to ensure no more than the continued existence of important and valued institutions within their own communities.

Im reading that blackie article in the sun, what the **** has that lad been smokin???

?I don?t have anything else happening at the moment. I?m unemployed right now and looking for a team. I have a family to support, so I need to get back into work.

?I?m open to offers ? from Rangers or anybody else. I?ll see how it goes.?

There's going to be a few more casualties before this story finishes.

Great article here on why the fans have said no to newco. My comment on ths article is below in bold.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/jane-devine-not-everyone-is-for-or-against-rangers-most-of-us-don-t-care-1-2413961?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Published on Monday 16 July 2012 13:55

I AM not a football fan and I don?t pretend to have anything more than a conversational knowledge of Scottish football, much less about the beautiful game in other countries.

I am interested in football (although that doesn?t equate in my book to being a fan) and my knowledge is updated and supplied by a very petty and ill-informed show on the radio (which I have listened to since I was at school).

There is something that irks me at present, though, and has got me thinking about football far more than usual and, to be honest, far more than I?d like. The wall-to-wall coverage of Rangers and their demise, or rebirth, means that only those in solitary confinement could maintain a life free from influence by opinions on the future of the Scottish game.

The thing that annoys me, though, isn?t the coverage of what is undoubtedly a newsworthy story, but the assumption that we all have a point of view. Not just a point of view on the crisis at hand, but a point of view which Old Firm fans seem to believe is either in defence of Rangers or against them ? the latter which seems to make you a Celtic fan.

To be honest, most people don?t care. That probably makes them a Celtic fan, too.

It?s not just about attitudes to the Old Firm, it?s about the fact that many Old Firm fans believe that there is a little bit of them in everyone: football fans, or ordinary punters. That somehow Hibs fans are happier to be beaten by Celtic than Rangers; and Hearts fans are happier to be beaten by Rangers than by Celtic or Hibs.

I can?t pretend to know how this filters down to the other diddy teams, but there seems to be an assumption by the Old Firm that Mother Glasgow nurtures the Billy or the Tim way beyond her jurisdiction.

It is this arrogance, demonstrated spectacularly by Rangers fans at present (who think that the Scottish Premier League cannot survive without them) which turns most people off. When it boils down to it, far from everyone in Scotland having loyalty to one part of the Old Firm, most people just support their team, maybe have an interest in a Premiership side or a team in a European league, and that?s it.

I?ve no idea how the Rangers crisis will pan out, but one thing is for sure: with one half of the Old Firm relegated, maybe the rest of Scottish football will have the chance to define itself on its true merits and by what it?s always been about ? people enjoying a game of football, not some invented Scotland-wide divide on pseudo-religious grounds.

primrose1874

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 03:35 PM Excellent article and makes the point for all non old firm fans, it?s not about an anti Rangers agenda ala Archie McPherson, it is about consistency and following the proper established protocols when this happens. Chick Young says Rangers are a special case, his logic was that if Joe Bloggs called a restaurant he might not get a table, but if Rod Stewart called they would make space as he is a special case, like Rangers. So by Chick's logic if Rod commits a crime he gets away with it, whereas Joe Bloggs would be charged. One thing this has proved is that the standard football journalist in this country has been proven incapable of understanding the more complex issues in the business side of sport, the self protectionism of some of the newspaper journalists has been astounding. They are so reliant on Rangers fans for readership and distribution numbers they have held back on covering the facts and given those involved an easy ride. It has taken Ch4's Alex Thomson to get involved and establish proper objective reporting on this saga. The lack of remorse and lack of apology by Rangers is probably the one thing that has brought the rest of the football world together on this. I am genuinely sorry for the huge number of Rangers fans affected by this, but they need to look inwards at those responsible before having a go at those who have rightly delivered a just solution.

Interesting mate.

Was advised that anything Green is involved in is backed by Reg Brealy.

SFA issues Rangers update

Now that the status of Rangers FC has been clarified by the respective league bodies, the Scottish FA has compiled the following information to provide clarity and guidance on the remaining issues to be resolved.

When will the Scottish FA consider Rangers application for membership?

Now that the Scottish Football League have made a conditional acceptance of Rangers FC in Irn Bru Division Three we will now consider the club?s application for membership transfer this week.

How can Rangers be considered for membership when they can't provide four years? financial statements?

Sevco Scotland Ltd bought Rangers Football Club PLC?s share in the SPL and membership of the Scottish FA as part of their acquisition of assets. Under Article 14.1, Sevco Scotland are requesting the transfer of the existing membership of Oldco. This is different to an application for a new membership, which generally requires four years of financial statements.

When will the Appellate Tribunal be reconvened?

The Scottish FA has been in dialogue with Rangers FC in respect of the outstanding disciplinary sanction. The decision of the Court of Session to set aside the 12-month registration embargo was complicated by Rangers FC?s administration and subsequent request from Sevco Scotland for a transfer of membership of the Scottish FA. Again, now that the club?s status has been confirmed by the SPL and SFL, we will consider the award of transfer once Rangers FC satisfy the necessary criteria.

Will Rangers? original punishments be transferred to Newco?

The Scottish FA Board has the power to transfer membership under Article 14.1, which states: ?. . . Transfer of membership will be reviewed by the Board, which will have the complete discretion to reject or to grant such application on such terms and conditions as the Board may think fit.?

Will Ally McCoist be subject to a Compliance Officer Reference for his comments about the Judicial Panel?

The Compliance Officer communicated with Rangers FC in mid-June to confirm that the matter has been reported and will be initiated through the normal Judicial Panel Protocol upon conclusion of the other outstanding issues affecting the club.

In what round will Rangers Newco join the William Hill Scottish Cup?

Under the Scottish FA?s Cup Competition Rules, Rangers FC as a third division club will join the William Hill Scottish Cup at the second round.

Why have the Scottish FA blocked the transfer of Rangers players to other clubs?

The Scottish FA issued a guidance note, based on legal advice and without prejudice, to both Rangers FC and PFA Scotland. Certain players have now chosen not to transfer across under TUPE regulations and, instead, agreed contracts elsewhere.

On a procedural basis, the Scottish FA cannot process an International Transfer Certificate via FIFA?s Transfer Management System where there is an ongoing contractual dispute.

Rangers FC have confirmed that there is such a contractual dispute. In the meantime, the new club(s) can request a temporary transfer from FIFA in order that the player(s) is free to play while the dispute process unfolds. This process has commenced in relation to a number of the players in question.

At the request of one of the parties in dispute, the Scottish FA, through its Articles, can convene an Arbitration Panel, with either side selecting from a list of Panel members, with the two appointees subsequently selecting a Chair of the panel. Rangers FC have made such a request to the Scottish FA.

We would naturally seek an outcome as soon as possible.

Does the Scottish FA have a fit and proper person report for the new Rangers owner(s) and do we know who the main investors/directors are?

The Scottish FA has received private and confidential documentation from Sevco Scotland Ltd relating to the above. We have asked Sevco to provide further supplementary information and will consider that information this week.

Under new Scottish FA rules, it is a requirement of the outgoing club directors to conduct a full investigation under the Fit and Proper Guidelines. Given Rangers FC?s insolvency event, it has been incumbent on the administrators, Duff and Phelps, to carry out the necessary checks on the proposed new directors, as well as our own investigations.

What is the status of the investigation into use of Employee Benefit Trusts?

This is an investigation under the jurisdiction of the Scottish Premier League specific to player registrations. The SPL have recently confirmed they have prima facie evidence but as the potential appellate body, we cannot comment further at this stage.

Edited by jambovambo

Wonder when and if Lee Wallace will jump ship.

Maybe he'll shoot his way out just like in the finale of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

From last night: Green said

"Without SFA membership, we can't play in the Third Division," said Green.

"They want to put some transfer embargo on us, but we can't have that as we don't have any players."

- eh? that sentence has no logic. They have some players, assuming they get their Licence . They can and should have the one year

transfer embargo ( and they better pay their 100,000 fine too)

What about our ?800,000?

Lastly I sense Green's backers, will asset strip if they can get away with it, failure to get their SFA licence would be a good enough reason.

Duff and Phelps will be due their ?5 million of what money is left soon as well.

And the news that Green has asked Fifa or Uefa to help them pay for their debts to other European clubs. :whistling:

John Gentleman

Page 12 todays Scotsman full page spread SKY sports 'unbeatable experience' advert with most prominent picture of Celtic player advertising SPL. I quote -unmissable live action Scottish Premier League, UEFA Championship League, Barclays Premier league npower Champoinship. In that order I assume for a Scottish audience. Does not sound like a broadcaster who is about to pull the plug on Scottish football completely? Renegotiated Sky deal maybe but no sky deal doubt it.

That's interesting. It was only a few pages back (on this thread) that folk were saying Sky's sports package contract didn't guarantee Scottish football. Perhaps it doesn't, but I'm sure an auld, curmudgeonly Scots Law judge would take a dim view of their 'contract' if they're advertising as you state.

Yes. The fact that your both from Armadale does indeed make you areseholes. :whistling:

Are the still painting the kerb stones in Armadale the town colours of red, white & blue, I wonder. Or is that Blackridge? It's certainly not Blackburn as that is Timmy Central (as SuBo verifies). rolleyes.gif

How can Rangers be considered for membership when they can't provide four years? financial statements?

Sevco Scotland Ltd bought Rangers Football Club PLC?s share in the SPL and membership of the Scottish FA as part of their acquisition of assets. Under Article 14.1, Sevco Scotland are requesting the transfer of the existing membership of Oldco. This is different to an application for a new membership, which generally requires four years of financial statements.

But even Old Co has not followed SFA rules and submitted its audited accounts for the period up to March 2011, never mind to February 2012.

So Sevco is still non-compliant when it comes to submitting accounts even if they are going down the share transfer route.

Walter Bishop

Was speaking to a customer this morning, massive Rangers man and has box at Ibrox etc. He says he will be buying nothing will Green is in charge of club and has also been told that there is major news on the horizon about the ownership of Ibrox and Murray park. Apparently ticketus own them both and Green had agreed to pay ?1.5million per year in rent however the move to division 3 means they wont be able to afford and Sevco could be heading for administration sooner rather later!

Now is a fantastic time to renegotiate the TV deal.

There is/will be a huge renewal of interest in Scottish football, by both fans and people outside Scotland, curious to see what happens with Rangers missing from the SPL/added to div 3.

BT/TV NOW entering the market.

ESPN losing rights to show EPL games - essentially meaning they would have to increase their bid to make sure they don't lose SPL rights too.

The rights to the SFL could be sold to show the Rangers games.

More sponsors looking to be involved with the SPL/SFL as it has shown sporting integrity.

Was speaking to a customer this morning, massive Rangers man and has had box at Ibrox etc.

FTFY.

Reading the SFA response - it's fair & balanced. Rules being applied for a change...

Interesting to note the SFA will be the body potentially determining punishment etc over the Dual Contracts.

Harry Palmer

There is/will be a huge renewal of interest in Scottish football, by both fans and people outside Scotland, curious to see what happens with Rangers missing from the SPL/added to div 3.

ESPN losing rights to show EPL games - essentially meaning they would have to increase their bid to make sure they don't lose SPL rights too.

More sponsors looking to be involved with the SPL/SFL as it has shown sporting integrity.

You should email that to Dickpus as he seems to only be aware of SKY and they're the only show in town. Obviously he can't speak for the SFL.

You're right in a way that this debacle might have helped to generate interest in the wider Scottish game which is something to be promoted not talked down in a negative way.

What is the status of the investigation into use of Employee Benefit Trusts?

This is an investigation under the jurisdiction of the Scottish Premier League specific to player registrations. The SPL have recently confirmed they have prima facie evidence but as the potential appellate body, we cannot comment further at this stage.

What they forgot was to add the appendage "the SPL are doing nothing with it and as such it is dead."

I'd agree in part.

If anything I'd be looking to ensure the TV deal was shorter - max 2 years.

Gives room to consider SPL TV again.

?I don?t have anything else happening at the moment. I?m unemployed right now and looking for a team. I have a family to support, so I need to get back into work.

?I?m open to offers ? from Rangers or anybody else. I?ll see how it goes.?

There's going to be a few more casualties before this story finishes.

He syas all that and then has a wee pop at the players who have left rangers due to the uncertainty and having a family to support. Doesnae make much sense.

He's going to go from the cusp of a scotland cap to the depths of the SFL, he'd be as well donning the ovies again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So the SFA are basically treating newco as a reincarnation of oldco?

:laugh:

The wee man at the bottom of the screen will be along soon to say "Er, phoenix company, you owe me 95 million pounds sterling!"

I'd agree in part.

If anything I'd be looking to ensure the TV deal was shorter - max 2 years.

Gives room to consider SPL TV again.

The SPL should be getting its finger out and trying to sort out selling to the online market.

I agree that they should be looking for a shorter deal too.

Was speaking to a customer this morning, massive Rangers man and has box at Ibrox etc. He says he will be buying nothing will Green is in charge of club and has also been told that there is major news on the horizon about the ownership of Ibrox and Murray park. Apparently ticketus own them both and Green had agreed to pay ?1.5million per year in rent however the move to division 3 means they wont be able to afford and Sevco could be heading for administration sooner rather later!

:scenes:

I?ve no idea how the Rangers crisis will pan out, but one thing is for sure: with one half of the Old Firm relegated, maybe the rest of Scottish football will have the chance to define itself on its true merits and by what it?s always been about ? people enjoying a game of football, not some invented Scotland-wide divide on pseudo-religious grounds.

This has continually annoyed me. One half of the Old Firm were NOT relegated. RFC(IA) went bust and New Co were not invited back.

Rick Grimes

So the SFA are basically treating newco as a reincarnation of oldco?

:laugh:

The wee man at the bottom of the screen will be along soon to say "Er, phoenix company, you owe me 95 million pounds sterling!"

Hector's gone, man :(

• Maple Leaf locked this topic