The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

...a bit disco

What a grade A fanbelt!

Strong comments from a Rangers legend

Nacho Novo: "Celtic is a sham; it's not Catholic at all"

PABLO GARC?A CUERVO. Madrid 07/16/2012

He cannot walk through the streets of Glasgow. Sometimes they have to close shops for him before the fans and onlookers descend. Nacho Novo, a Rangers legend, has returned with his family for a brief visit to the city where he made his name as a footballer. There he awaits his new destiny, having ended his contract with Legia Warsaw where he played for half a season and won the Polish Cup.

The reforming of Rangers in the Third division as a result of its debts has been met with absolute rage from some Celtic supporters - its perpetual rival - which have gone to the extreme of repeated death threats to Nacho Novo.

http://www.marca.com/2012/07/16/en/football/spanish_football/1342423938.html

"It used to be a common occurrence but, since the invention of Twitter, the threats have multiplied. A lot of Celtic supporters every day wish for my death and that of my children and it is really unpleasant although it's normal practice in Celtic, a sham of a club, calling itself Catholic but it's not at all", commented Nacho Novo.

"You only need to look at its recent history and see the shady events that club has had. It thinks it is fooling people. That's why it's an honour to be from Rangers, a team with values, with respect and with history. Whatever happens, it will always be the best team in Scotland", he concluded.

Edited by ...a bit disco

The Mighty Thor

What a grade A fanbelt!

Strong comments from a Rangers legend

Nacho Novo: "Celtic is a sham; it's not Catholic at all"

PABLO GARC?A CUERVO. Madrid 07/16/2012

He cannot walk through the streets of Glasgow. Sometimes they have to close shops for him before the fans and onlookers descend. Nacho Novo, a Rangers legend, has returned with his family for a brief visit to the city where he made his name as a footballer. There he awaits his new destiny, having ended his contract with Legia Warsaw where he played for half a season and won the Polish Cup.

The reforming of Rangers in the Third division as a result of its debts has been met with absolute rage from some Celtic supporters - its perpetual rival - which have gone to the extreme of repeated death threats to Nacho Novo.

http://www.marca.com...1342423938.html

"It used to be a common occurrence but, since the invention of Twitter, the threats have multiplied. A lot of Celtic supporters every day wish for my death and that of my children and it is really unpleasant although it's normal practice in Celtic, a sham of a club, calling itself Catholic but it's not at all", commented Nacho Novo.

"You only need to look at its recent history and see the shady events that club has had. It thinks it is fooling people. That's why it's an honour to be from Rangers, a team with values, with respect and with history. Whatever happens, it will always be the best team in Scotland", he concluded.

Surely that has to be a bit 'lost in translation'?

if not....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a total banger.

I think the overwhelming arguement should be, the pars brought nothing to the league last year so lets give someone else a chance who at least brings a another derby to the league and probably more fans. Clearly not a legally binding arguement but I doubt many would disagree.

Are all 4 Fife clubs not in the 1st Division now? So plenty of derbies all round - should put a bit of extra cash in the coffers.

Surely that has to be a bit 'lost in translation'?

if not....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a total banger.

I have heard that he has been known to say similar things on Twitter. I don't think he likes Celtic much.

Are all 4 Fife clubs not in the 1st Division now? So plenty of derbies all round - should put a bit of extra cash in the coffers.

Pray tell who is the 4th?

Victor Meldrew

Because he sought to serve the Uglies interests, he'll have powerful support.

Don't be fooled by the threat of penalties against NewCo, they were just a mechanism to get them in SFL1.

Let's see what punishments they still get from the SFA.

Fizzle! Pop! Gone!

The thing is, if their sanctions applicable to NewCo under the Regan masterplan, then these sanctions are still valid.

To be fair Colin, I think that now that Newco are going into the Third Division, the case for additional sanctions is much less strong.

The reason Newco have had to apply afresh is that they are a completely new club (whatever their fans and the media might say). That being so, there is much less justification for punishing them for the sins of the old club. If they had gone into the SPL or SFL 1, there would have bee a good case for saying that that was achieved only because of the status of the old Rangers FC and therefore in return for that advantage, Newco should have to agree to take some of Oldco's punishment. However, whilst they have got an advantage in being allowed in without complying with all of the requirements (3yrs' accounts etc) I don't think there is such a compelling case for punishing them further now.

The Rangers away to Brechin City in the Harry Ramsdens Challenge Cup.

Cracking tie. :)

Anyone think Sevco 2012 could pull off a giant killing act against Brechin. :whistling:

Brechin city's honours.

Scottish League Division 2 Champions: 1982/83, 1989/90, 2004/05

Scottish League Division 2 Runners-Up: 1992/93, 2002/03

Scottish League Division 3 Champions: 2001/02

Scottish League Division 3 Runners-Up: 1995/96

Scottish League Division C Champions: 1953/54

Scottish League Challenge Cup Runners-Up: 2002/03

Qualifying Cup Winners: 1950/51

Forfarshire Cup Winners: 1909/10, 1952/53, 1958/59, 1996/97

The Keith Tournament Winners: 1982/83

Harry Palmer

brian mclauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin SPL chairman Ralph Topping says position on chief exec Neil Doncaster is not under review

EDIT: brian mclauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin Neil Doncaster his future at the SPL will be determined by the member clubs

Edited by Arnold

John McClure

so sevco are definatly in division 3 then? and dundee are coming up?

John McClure

brian mclauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin SPL chairman Ralph Topping says position on chief exec Neil Doncaster is not under review

Disappointing.

We should keep this wave of fan power rolling, we got NewCo out of the SPL, fans got NewCo into th ethird, now its time for fan power to get rid of Doncaster and Regan

Elvis is a Jambo

I think division 2 will be interesting as no one will want to get relegated and miss the potential payday of sevco

Dean Winchester

EDIT: brian mclauchlin ?@BBCBMcLauchlin Neil Doncaster his future at the SPL will be determined by the member clubs

:yas: Bye Bye Neil

The second quote is a lot more reasonable. I don't know what SPL clubs are currently thinking about Doncaster's performance - there hasn't been the same public comment that there has been from SFL clubs.

We should keep this wave of fan power rolling, we got NewCo out of the SPL, fans got NewCo into th ethird, now its time for fan power to get rid of Doncaster and Regan

Snag is there is only so often we can pull this trick without completely pissing Hearts off. The fans of all the clubs just happened to be holding all the cards when the decisions were being made (i.e they could refuse to buy STs) This won't be available to us in a month or so.

Sure we can lean on them but our economic clout only really appears once a year.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He's still not confirming Rangers in division 3.

'Looks that way but still a lot of paper work to do which we'll assist with'

**** off man :rofl:

John McClure

Snag is there is only so often we can pull this trick without completely pissing Hearts off. The fans of all the clubs just happened to be holding all the cards when the decisions were being made (i.e they could refuse to buy STs) This won't be available to us in a month or so.

Sure we can lean on them but our economic clout only really appears once a year.

Agree. But with one weapon gone, we now have another. We have the games. The platform to protest from. The cannot ignore if something happens at the grounds during/before/after games

ToadKiller Dog

somebody should tell Jim Shite that Gilmour from the midden is quoted as saying on the way out that it was a good meeting and time to move on .

How about something positive about the game Donco .

...a bit disco

Charles Green: ?Number of issues between Rangers and SFA over club licence?

Charles Green says there are still a number of issues between his Rangers newco and the Scottish Football Association before the club can be granted a licence to play in the Scottish Football League.

SFL chairmen voted Green?s new company into the Third Division at a vote at Hampden on Friday with Dundee gaining a place in the SPL for season 2012/13.

Although the league bodies have decided which level the Rangers will compete in this season there is still the outstanding issue of the membership being transferred from the old company to the newco.

All clubs require this licence to play professional football in Scotland.

Speaking exclusively to STV, Green said: ?We wish Dundee every success and we are now looking forward to reaching an agreement with the SFA so that we can get on and start playing in the Third Division.

?I don?t think there?s a time limit on it [the licence] but we definitely need it as soon as possible but there?s still a number of issues outstanding between Rangers and the SFA and we?re working on them now.?

On Monday, Dorin Goian?s agent told STV the Romanian defender will move on if the club remained in the bottom tier of the Scottish league system.

And Green admits the 31-year-old is likely to leave the club now. He added: ?I spoke with Dorin yesterday and he has been fantastic throughout but it is unlikely that he would stay with Rangers playing in the Third Division.

?Clearly if he wanted to stay then we?d be delighted but for a player of his status and stature it is unlikely.?

Pressure continues to grow over the position of SFA chief executive Stewart Regan after he warned of a ?slow, lingering death? for Scottish football should the Rangers newco not be admitted to Division One or the SPL.

When asked if Regan?s position was untenable Green said: ?Well I think for everyone who has been involved with this story it has been difficult.

?Leaked emails are never helpful and I?m sure Stewart will do the right thing.?

:lol:

Lovin' the last line there.

Do the right thing Regan!

http://sport.stv.tv/..._medium=twitter

Edited by ...a bit disco

jamboinglasgow

Jim Whyte desperate to make it sound as a disaster for Scottish football. Face it Jim, Rangers are down and things will carry on.

When are Dodgy and Phlapps due to report back to Lord Hodge, that's still to play out hasn't it ???

Charles Green says there are still a number of issues between his Rangers newco and the Scottish Football Association before the club can be granted a licence to play in the Scottish Football League.

SFL chairmen voted Green?s new company into the Third Division at a vote at Hampden on Friday with Dundee gaining a place in the SPL for season 2012/13.

Although the league bodies have decided which level the Rangers will compete in this season there is still the outstanding issue of the membership being transferred from the old company to the newco.

Speaking exclusively to STV, Green said: ?We wish Dundee every success and we are now looking forward to reaching an agreement with the SFA so that we can get on and start playing in the Third Division.

?I don?t think there?s a time limit on it [the licence] but we definitely need it as soon as possible but there?s still a number of issues outstanding between Rangers and the SFA and we?re working on them now.?

On Monday, Dorin Goian?s agent told STV the Romanian defender will move on if the club remained in the bottom tier of the Scottish league system.

And Green admits the 31-year-old is likely to leave the club now. He added: ?I spoke with Dorin yesterday and he has been fantastic throughout but it is unlikely that he would stay with Rangers playing in the Third Division.

?Clearly if he wanted to stay then we?d be delighted but for a player of his status and stature it is unlikely.?

Pressure continues to grow over the position of SFA chief executive Stewart Regan after he warned of a ?slow, lingering death? for Scottish football should the Rangers newco not be admitted to Division One or the SPL.

When asked if Regan?s position was untenable Green said: ?Well I think for everyone who has been involved with this story it has been difficult.

Pretty sure SFL rules say they have to have SFA membership within 14 days or they are out the SFL.

Harry Palmer

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant

STV understands Dundee/Dundee Utd fixture conflicts will be dealt with on case-by-case basis. No plans to drastically change fixture list.

Pretty sure SFL rules say they have to have SFA membership within 14 days or they are out the SFL.

it states they must have applied for membership 14 days before the start of the season. it is in their rules section 2 membership point 16

16. REGISTRATION WITH SFA A CONDITION OF MEMBERSHIP

A Member or Associate Member who is not already a full or associate

member of the Scottish Football Association must make application to

become a full or associate member of the Scottish Football Association (as

the case may be) within fourteen (14) days of being admitted to membership

of the League failing which its membership of the League will lapse, and in

the event that the application is unsuccessful, its membership will lapse

upon that decision being intimated to the League.

The Real Maroonblood

He's still not confirming Rangers in division 3.

'Looks that way but still a lot of paper work to do which we'll assist with'

**** off man :rofl:

He said "Sporting integrity decided that Dundee FC are invited to the SPL."

He doesn't know what that f*****g word means.

AN absolute tosser.

...a bit disco

It ain't over yet!

Dunfermline to take legal advice over SPL rejection

By Clive Lindsay BBC Scotland

John Yorkston expects Dunfermline Athletic to seek legal advice over the decision to invite Dundee to replace Rangers in the Scottish Premier League.

The Pars chairman is calling an emergency meeting of his club's board.

"In all likelihood, we will be seeking legal advice," Yorkston told BBC Scotland.

"I have friends who are high up in the legal profession and say that we have a very good case, but we don't want to hold up the start of the season."

After Rangers failed to avoid liquidation, the new company being formed by chief executive Charles Green were denied entry to the SPL by the votes of 10 of the 12 clubs.

The newco was then voted into Division Three by Scottish Football League clubs on Friday.

And, following the SPL's annual meeting, it was announced that Dundee were being invited to fulfil the "Club 12" fixtures left vacant while a decision over Rangers' future was being made.

Dundee were runners-up to promoted Ross County in Division One, while Dunfermline finished bottom of the SPL.

It has been argued that Dunfermline's case was diminished because they were already relegated before Rangers went out of business and SPL chief executive said the decision had been taken "purely on sporting merit".

However, Yorkston, who had been informed of the decision in a telephone call from the SPL's secretary, said: "I can't see any rationale for the decision to choose Dundee.

"We have repeatedly asked them to give us an answer about what basis their decision would be based on.

"The only contact we have had was a phone call from Iain Blair this afternoon to tell us the decision and he would not say any more."

Yorkston was angry that Dunfermline's fate appeared to have been decided as part of negotiations between Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan, the SPL and SFL.

A proposal to have Rangers play in Division One was rejected by SFL clubs, some of which also attempted to have a vote of no confidence in Regan.

"We feel that the whole thing has been handled badly and we said that before this meeting," added Yorkston.

"I am very disappointed by the decision but not surprised after everything that has come out about Mr Regan's email about him wanting Dundee to replace Rangers.

"I am trying to get a board meeting together tonight to see what happens from here.

"But kick-off is only two weeks away and the last thing we want is to hold up the start of the season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18861381?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by ...a bit disco

Harry Palmer

What a smug looking prick of a man.

Edit: :lol:

Where did the pic go?

Edited by Arnold

Pretty clear when he says they don't want to hold up the season he means he would like some money to go away quietly, please.

it states they must have applied for membership 14 days before the start of the season. it is in their rules section 2 membership point 16

Ah, so now that they have applied, there's no particular deadline for all the issues to be resolved as long as their application to transfer Oldco's membership isn't actually rejected.

The Mighty Thor

I'm sure that's not the first time Mr Green has thought Stewart will do the right thing. Same with Neil.

I wonder what 'incentives' Charles was offering for the right decision to be made? or was it just philanthropy purely for the betterment of the game in Scotland?

Unfortunately for Mr Green the members of the SPL & SFL did do the right thing and his history-less shell company have been given the opportunity to join the bottom tier of football, if of course they can meet the membership criteria. :smug:

...a bit disco

What a smug looking prick of a man.

Edit: :lol:

Where did the pic go?

Edited like an SPL press release!

:D

Not sure if this has been discussed already but I heard from a 'reliable source' that Pat Munro is meeting with one of the associates of the company behind Charles Green and Rangers tomorrow.

The figure 15 million was mentioned, apparently Pat is liaising on behalf of some very wealthy foreign business men. I know we've heard that story before but this is from someone very close to Pat so I have no doubt this meeting is taking place. Who knows if they actually have the real cash..

Ah, so now that they have applied, there's no particular deadline for all the issues to be resolved as long as their application to transfer Oldco's membership isn't actually rejected.

Are they applying for a membership transfer or applying for a new membership?

...a bit disco

Not sure if this has been discussed already but I heard from a 'reliable source' that Pat Munro is meeting with one of the associates of the company behind Charles Green and Rangers tomorrow.

The figure 15 million was mentioned, apparently Pat is liaising on behalf of some very wealthy foreign business men. I know we've heard that story before but this is from someone very close to Pat so I have no doubt this meeting is taking place. Who knows if they actually have the real cash..

Pat the plumber eh?

598456_372666939455797_30047302_n.jpg

:yas:

Good times!

Does anyone know what Rangers new name will be?

I've been calling them Greengers, but it's not really stuck, yet..

...a bit disco

BBC Sportsound ?@bbcsportsound On Sportsound at 6:10pm reaction to Dundee in the SPL, Neil Doncaster live, John Yorkston and more. 810MW, digital,

Doncaster v Yorkston.

The 'Armageddon' prediction could bear fruit after all!

Footballfirst

The Rangers away to Brechin City in the Harry Ramsdens Challenge Cup.

Cracking tie. :)

There's protentially a lot of (ex) Hearts interest in the Brechin side. In addition to Craig Nelson who has been there for years they appear to have signed several players released by Hearts more recently, including Johnny Brown, Jonny Stewart, Ryan Stewart and Aaron Murdoch.

http://www.brechinci...yers&category=4

Neil Janczyk was with Brechin until the end of last season but has moved on to East Fife

Edited by Footballfirst

...a bit disco

I've been calling them Greengers, but it's not really stuck, yet..

Doncasters Rovers?

Dr Ian Malcolm

I don't really get Yorkston's beef. They weren't good enough last season and were replaced by Ross County. Only fair now that there's another spot available, it should go to the team who was next closest to winning promotion.

I don't really get Yorkston's beef. They weren't good enough last season and were replaced by Ross County. Only fair now that there's another spot available, it should go to the team who was next closest to winning promotion.

Dunfermline were mince.

He probably knows that they have no chance on getting promotion next year.

Rudolf's Mate

Surely they can't start the season without it?!

I can only imagine its doon to the length of time that this whole affairs been strung oot, although hard to prove they do have a shout with it had been sorted out as quickly as it should then it might have been done before seasons end. other than that he can bolt.

Dunfermline were mince.

He probably knows that they have no chance on getting promotion next year.

I think he could possibly site the case of Aberdeen years ago when they should have been relegated and were saved due to the league reconstruction.

I am sure though that the SFA/SPL will continue to say that they were relegated before all the votes took place.

However they have only stated that they are seeking legal advice and to be perfectly honest they are probably at the level they should be at in Div 1.

Denny Crane

I think he could possibly site the case of Aberdeen years ago when they should have been relegated and were saved due to the league reconstruction.

I am sure though that the SFA/SPL will continue to say that they were relegated before all the votes took place.

However they have only stated that they are seeking legal advice and to be perfectly honest they are probably at the level they should be at in Div 1.

Correction. Aberdeen would have gone into a play-off that year with Falkirk as the SPL was expanding from 10 teams to 12. There is no guarantee that Falkirk would have won said play-off given that despite their poor league campaign, that Aberdeen team was good enough to reach two cup finals that season.

Rudolf's Mate

Also weren't Hibs saved due to someones ground not complying with regulations? Slightly different however they'd have a case saying that second place should have been promoted amd that the league seems to favour the so called larger teams!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

• Maple Leaf locked this topic